PDA

View Full Version : Lakers fans, why do you shit on Gasol?

sportjames23
06-14-2015, 02:48 PM
"Mikan, Wilt, West, Baylor, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Kobe, and Gasol"

:roll:

Would LA have won without Gasol in 2009 and 2010?

Wade's Rings
06-14-2015, 02:50 PM

Kobe stans shit on Gasol to prop up Kobe.

Depends on who replaced Gasol.

HOoopCityJones
06-14-2015, 02:52 PM
I love Gasol.

We wouldn't have won without him.

But he's essentially the Pippen of Bigs , yet some of you wanna act like he's Shaq or Duncan just to downplay Kobe's impact.

Most true fans know who Gasol was, and it wasn't THAT.

Yao Ming's Foot
06-14-2015, 02:54 PM
Gasol is nowhere near the other names listed based on their respective legacies, :confusedshrug:

Is it shitting on him to point out the obvious?

catch24
06-14-2015, 02:55 PM
Lakers fans love Gasol and respect what he brought to the table.

It's the weirdo-obssessed haters (of Kobe and the Lakers) ala Jordan/Bulls fans and LeBron fans that act like he's some ATG who carried Kobe. Or better yet, was the MVP of the Lakers. :oldlol:

I've seen a poster here call Gasol the MVP of the 2010 playoffs. Ridiculous.

BlakFrankWhite
06-14-2015, 02:57 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310396

Yao Ming's Foot
06-14-2015, 02:59 PM
First team All-NBA

Kobe 11
Kareem 10
West 10
Baylor 10
Magic 9
Shaq 8
Wilt 7
Mikan 6

Gasol 0

:facepalm

keep-itreal
06-14-2015, 02:59 PM
Kobe can't win without Gasol

Haymaker
06-14-2015, 03:00 PM
Kobe stans shit on Gasol to prop up Kobe.

Depends on who replaced Gasol.

This. Lakers fans actually respect Gasol. Most of them anyway.

SugarHill
06-14-2015, 03:03 PM
First team All-NBA

Kobe 11
Kareem 10
West 10
Baylor 10
Magic 9
Shaq 8
Wilt 7
Mikan 6

Gasol 0

:facepalm
meh first team is heavily dependent on the landscape as much as anything. Gasol never had a first team selection but he's a much much better player than Spreewell or Noah ever were.

SamuraiSWISH
His arrival as Kobe's version of a beta Pippen type sidekick legitimized the Lakers as a contender. Who prior to Gasol's arrival were first round knock outs the previous two seasons. Wasn't like they had a period waiting for him to develop into a good player to be relied upon the way MJ had to buy time in '88, '89, and at times in '90 with Scottie. I think they should show more love than they do.

Mr. Jabbar
haters just can't accept kobe won with an average cast for a champion, somehow they need to make gasol look like shaq 2.0 when in reality he is just a good offensive big with atrocious defense

good luck to anyone but kobe trying to win it all with him :bowdown:

Ne 1
06-14-2015, 03:04 PM
Lakers fans do not hate Gasol. He was absolutely instrumental to our 3 consecutive Finals runs and back-to-back titles. Only extremist Kobe stans shit on him to prop up Kobe, but he's also overrated by Kobe detractors who try to diminish him.

mehyaM24
06-14-2015, 03:07 PM
relative to his era, gasol was the goat #2 imho

His arrival as Kobe's version of a beta Pippen type sidekick legitimized the Lakers as a contender. Who prior to Gasol's arrival were first round knock outs the previous two seasons. Wasn't like they had a period waiting for him to develop into a good player to be relied upon the way MJ had to buy time in '88, '89, and at times in '90 with Scottie. I think they should show more love than they do.

nah you shit on gasol too. i was in a thread where you just emasculated him.

edit: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8893087&postcount=15

you're a kobe fan who clamors to "new hit". don't be a hypocrite though.

Haymaker
06-14-2015, 03:08 PM

Exposed :oldlol:

Yao Ming's Foot
06-14-2015, 03:10 PM
meh first team is heavily dependent on the landscape as much as anything. Gasol never had a first team selection but he's a much much better player than Spreewell or Noah ever were.

Who said anything or Spreewell or Noah? :facepalm

Comparing Gasol to Mikan, Wilt, West, Baylor, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, and Kobe is laughable.

SugarHill
06-14-2015, 03:11 PM
Who said anything or Spreewell or Noah? :facepalm

Comparing Gasol to Mikan, Wilt, West, Baylor, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, and Kobe is laughable.

You're using first team selections as an end all be all. We can also use MVPs and pit Kobe against the likes of LeBron and Jordan...or Nash :lol

Also, why are you arguing this point? Who would put Gasol on their level in the first place?

Wade's Rings
haters just can't accept kobe won with an average cast for a champion, somehow they need to make gasol look like shaq 2.0 when in reality he is just a good offensive big with atrocious defense

good luck to anyone but kobe trying to win it all with him :bowdown:

2009 Wade and 2010 Wade more then likely wins with those squads.

mehyaM24
Exposed :oldlol:
he's a confused kobe fan. i don't know what his psychological issues are with owning it.

HOoopCityJones
06-14-2015, 03:13 PM
You're using first team selections as an end all be all. We can also use MVPs and pit Kobe against the likes of LeBron and Jordan...or Nash :lol
You can do the same with Shaq. Who's better than all the guys you mentioned outside of Jordan.

SamuraiSWISH
06-14-2015, 03:16 PM

a) more creepiness from you stalking my posts. You just casually read really old threads, without an ISH search function, and save my posts?

get a life, my dude.

b) I stand by what I said. Gasol isn't a superstar, and is a Chris Bosh level type player.

That's just how ridiculously stacked the 2011 - 2014 Heat were. That cowardly colluding.

c) I am a Kobe fan. Never denied it. I've said I am verbatim a number of times. I'm sure your stalker life can find one of my posts acknowledging it.

Wade's Rings
06-14-2015, 03:18 PM
You just casually read really old threads, without an ISH search function, and save my posts?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Yao Ming's Foot
06-14-2015, 03:23 PM

Also, why are you arguing this point? Who would put Gasol on their level in the first place?

You can use anything you want. Gasol still doesn't compare. It's the very first post in this thread. :facepalm

SouBeachTalents
06-14-2015, 03:23 PM
a) more creepiness from you stalking my posts. You just casually read really old threads, without an ISH search function, and save my posts?

get a life, my dude.

b) I stand by what I said. Gasol isn't a superstar, and is a Chris Bosh level type player.

That's just how ridiculously stacked the 2011 - 2014 Heat were. That cowardly colluding.

c) I am a Kobe fan. Never denied it. I've said I am verbatim a number of times. I'm sure your stalker life can find one of my posts acknowledging it.

The Heat were honestly only "stacked" in 2011 imo. You could make an argument for 2012, but Bosh did miss 10 games that postseason while Wade was no longer at his peak. The last time the Heat were even a very good team was the 27 game winning streak. After that Wade started a steep decline & Bosh just never made that big of an impact

mehyaM24
06-14-2015, 03:27 PM

get a life, my dude.

10 seconds on google. literally. i remember you shitting on gasol, and i had to amend your posts because of how irrational you were.

you're a kobe fan and hated gasol for his softness - so again, why are acting as if laker or kobe fans should give him more credit?

do you not see how utterly retarded that reads?

GimmeThat
06-14-2015, 03:36 PM
the embryos' for the PG that stops the current younger generation didn't come fast enough (Chris Paul trade)

let alone waiting on the PF.

If you watched Jurassic World, I had just metaphorically compared Pau Gasol to the T-Rex.

you are welcome.

34-24 Footwork
06-14-2015, 03:40 PM
All of these big men were better than Gasol:

Garnett
Bosh
Stoudemire
Yao
Duncan
Randolph
Dirk
Aldridge

As soon as Kobe leads him to the promise land, he's the best big man of this era.

Bran forces his big men to play a type of way that's not conducive to their success, while Kobe allows his big men to play within their game.

It's essentially the reason why Shaq/Lebron wouldn't be as successful as most of you think.

No true laker fans diss Gasol. But Gasol/Bynum both get overrated because Kobe wasn't supposed to win without Shaq. Haters had to quickly scramble for a new talking point.

SouBeachTalents
06-14-2015, 03:41 PM

Garnett
Bosh
Stoudemire
Yao
Duncan
Randolph
Dirk
Aldridge

As soon as Kobe leads him to the promise land, he's the best big man of this era.

Bran forces his big men to play a type of way that's not conducive to their success, while Kobe allows his big men to play within their game.

It's essentially the reason why Shaq/Lebron wouldn't be as successful as most of you think.

No true laker fans diss Gasol. But Gasol/Bynum both get overrated because Kobe wasn't supposed to win without Shaq. Haters had to quickly scramble for a new talking point.

Explain those two please

Heavincent
06-14-2015, 03:45 PM
Same reason why some Jordan fans on here shit on Pippen and Lebron stans shit on Wade. That's even worse, because as good as Gasol was, he's certainly not as historically relevant as Wade and Pippen.

It's pretty clear that the Kobe detractors wouldn't give two shits about Pau if he didn't play with Kobe.

34-24 Footwork
06-14-2015, 03:47 PM
Most of you disn't even know what team Gasol played for before the Lakers, let alone know what kind of impact he had on the basketball court.

He has a high bball IQ, Great soft hands, keeps the ball high when finishing and plays great P&R bball.

But yes as of 2008, he was labeled soft....and rightfully so. He was never labeled as "dominant" until he won a ring. And for the people that label Gasol as dominant, they never seen Shaq, Hakeem, Robinson play in the first place. They never seen a dominant big man play.

That's why it's a catch 22 arguing with these guys.

HOoopCityJones
06-14-2015, 03:47 PM

Garnett
Bosh
Stoudemire
Yao
Duncan
Randolph
Dirk
Aldridge

This

LALakerFan4Life
06-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Who's the Laker fan who shits on Pau?

HOoopCityJones
06-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Explain those two please

Here comes The Bron stan coming to pretend Bosh wasn't one of the most coveted Big Men before joining The Heat. :rolleyes:

34-24 Footwork
06-14-2015, 03:49 PM
Explain those two please

Not my fault you never watched Bosh play before 2010. I'm not doing your homework for you. Bosh was an EXTREMELY versatile PF when he came into the league. Last year with the raps he put up 24 and 12 EASILY. Great footwork, quickness and jumpshot.

TheMarkMadsen
06-14-2015, 03:50 PM
sooo believing that Gasol doesn't belong in the same sentence as Magic, Kobe, Kareem & Shaq when talking about Laker greats is shitting on Gasol??

:facepalm :facepalm

SouBeachTalents
06-14-2015, 03:51 PM
Here comes The Bron stan coming to pretend Bosh wasn't one of the most coveted Big Men before joining The Heat. :rolleyes:

Not my fault you never watched Bosh play before 2010. I'm not doing your homework for you. Bosh was an EXTREMELY versatile PF when he came into the league. Last year with the raps he put up 24 and 12 EASILY. Great footwork, quickness and jumpshot.

To say Bosh was significantly better than Gasol, or vice versa, is ridiculous. They're on the same tier, and at this rate, Gasol will easily end up ranked higher than Bosh will be

HOoopCityJones
06-14-2015, 03:52 PM
To say Bosh was significantly better than Gasol, or vice versa, is ridiculous. They're on the same tier, and at this rate, Gasol will easily end up ranked higher than Bosh will be

This is revisionism at it's finest, NO ONE was taking Gasol over Bosh before 2009-10, Fact.

34-24 Footwork
06-14-2015, 03:54 PM

No point in arguing with you. Outside of 2009-2010, Bosh was and is thought of being better than Gasol. We can argue about Randolph, but I'll destroy you on that debate too. Let's just agree to disagree so you can save face.

TheMarkMadsen
06-14-2015, 03:55 PM
This is revisionism at it's finest, NO ONE was taking Gasol over Bosh before 2009-10, Fact.

exactly

ffs David West & Memhet Okur were making the all star game over Gasol back in 08, didn't make an all nba team until joining the lakers..

Gasol averages 18 & 9 and gets all the credit in the world..

yet Kobe averages 30/6/6 and gets zero credit from the same people giving Gasol all the credit..

34-24 Footwork
06-14-2015, 03:56 PM
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes"

Quit spreading B.S southbeach talents.

SouBeachTalents
06-14-2015, 03:59 PM
No point in arguing with you. Outside of 2009-2010, Bosh was and is thought of being better than Gasol. We can argue about Randolph, but I'll destroy you on that debate too. Let's just agree to disagree so you can save face.

Gasol on Memphis: 19/9/3 on 51%
Bosh on Toronto: 20/9/2 on 49%

Both did absolutely nothing in the playoffs, and actually missed the postseason more than they made it. So why is one of these players being valued so much higher than the other?

HOoopCityJones
06-14-2015, 03:59 PM
exactly

ffs David West & Memhet Okur were making the all star game over Gasol back in 08, didn't make an all nba team until joining the lakers..

Gasol averages 18 & 9 and gets all the credit in the world..

yet Kobe averages 30/6/6 and gets zero credit from the same people giving Gasol all the credit..

Which was generally the tier he was placed in at the time. With guys like Jazz Boozer, Okur, West, Randolph etc.

He wasn't even in the Amare, Bosh, AK47 discussion who were an entire tier below the likes of KG, Dirk and Duncan.

34-24 Footwork
06-14-2015, 04:02 PM

Both did absolutely nothing in the playoffs, and actually missed the postseason more than they made it. So why is one of these players being valued so much higher than the other?

Bosh was better than Pau Gasol. Just stop. I'm trying to help you.

TheMarkMadsen
06-14-2015, 04:02 PM
lets put things into perspective

Gasol was great for us in 09-10, complimented the triangle/Kobe perfectly

however he isn't nearly as good as Kobe haters wish he was..

he just had arguably the best regular season of his career.. there really isn't any difference between the Gasol Kobe played with in 09-10 and the Gasol the Bulls currently have..

and yet.. Gasol shrunk in the playoffs and pussed out in the Cavs series

THAT GUY was the guy who Kobe took to 3 straight finals..

if he was as great as Kobe haters believe, why didn't he step up in the playoffs and lead this Bulls team (which is deeper and has a better froncourt than the Lakers ever had) to playoff success??

HOoopCityJones
06-14-2015, 04:04 PM

I don't think Pau had ever even been to the Playoffs before Teaming up with Kob.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

SouBeachTalents
06-14-2015, 04:06 PM
I don't think Pau had ever even been to the Playoffs before Teaming up with Kob.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Gasol made it three years in a row, from 04-06. Bosh made it twice in '07 & '08

HOoopCityJones
06-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Gasol made it three years in a row, from 04-06. Bosh made it twice in '07 & '08

How many wins did he have?

catch24
06-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Most of you disn't even know what team Gasol played for before the Lakers, let alone know what kind of impact he had on the basketball court.

He has a high bball IQ, Great soft hands, keeps the ball high when finishing and plays great P&R bball.

But yes as of 2008, he was labeled soft....and rightfully so. He was never labeled as "dominant" until he won a ring. And for the people that label Gasol as dominant, they never seen Shaq, Hakeem, Robinson play in the first place. They never seen a dominant big man play.

That's why it's a catch 22 arguing with these guys.

Straight, and to the point. Good post man.

SouBeachTalents
06-14-2015, 04:11 PM
How many wins did he have?

Bosh had 2 wins against the 41 win Nets and 1 against the Magic in '08 and never had to play the teams Gasol did like the Spurs, Suns, and Mavs. Gasol was leading the Grizzlies to 50, 49, and 45 wins in the West, while Bosh finished over .500 once in 7 seasons in the East. Again, to act like one has a great argument over the other is ridiculous

HOoopCityJones
06-14-2015, 04:19 PM
Bosh had 2 wins against the 41 win Nets and 1 against the Magic in '08 and never had to play the teams Gasol did like the Spurs, Suns, and Mavs. Gasol was leading the Grizzlies to 50, 49, and 45 wins in the West, while Bosh finished over .500 once in 7 seasons in the East. Again, to act like one has a great argument over the other is ridiculous

So zero?

Bankaii
06-14-2015, 04:33 PM
So zero?
But I thought making the playoffs in the West>>>Winning the first round in the "weakest conference of all time" east? You can't have it both ways bud.

Wade's Rings
06-14-2015, 04:41 PM
But I thought making the playoffs in the West>>>Winning the first round in the "weakest conference of all time" east? You can't have it both ways bud.

:oldlol:

HOoopCityJones
06-14-2015, 04:48 PM

The West does royally shit on The East, no contradiction there. It doesn't change the fact Gasol was a non factor in the post season before teaming up with Kobe. :confusedshrug:

Bosh may not have been winning , but anyone who says people were pining for Pau over Bosh (including our Front Office) is lying.

Gasol came here and became Elite at this level under the guidance of Phil and Kobe.

Bankaii
06-14-2015, 04:55 PM
The West does royally shit on The East, no contradiction there. It doesn't change the fact Gasol was a non factor in the post season before teaming up with Kobe. :confusedshrug:

Bosh may not have been winning , but anyone who says people were pining for Pau over Bosh (including our Front Office) is lying.

Gasol came here and became Elite at this level under the guidance of Phil and Kobe.
I'm speaking specifically on the argument that their production was the same before joining better teams. They put up similar numbers and both couldn't get past the first round. But according to some, the West is god tier while the east is D-league. If they were equal why could Gasol make the playoffs in the almighty West while Bosh couldn't win a single series in the D-league East?

GimmeThat
06-14-2015, 05:00 PM

you ever play ball, and you think to yourself, especially as a team, that after you went to a certain player on one play, or even two plays before. You know you can't toss the ball that way again.

I would say that was the Lakers and company before Gasol's addition.

or you know, a 20 PPG scorer on over .500

ImKobe
06-14-2015, 06:44 PM

Would LA have won without Kobe in 2009 and 2010?

wakencdukest
06-14-2015, 06:54 PM
Bosh was better than Pau Gasol. Just stop. I'm trying to help you.

It's a matter of opinion. Bosh has done absolutely nothing to distinguish himself as the better player. That's laughable.

34-24 Footwork
06-14-2015, 07:05 PM
It's a matter of opinion. Bosh has done absolutely nothing to distinguish himself as the better player. That's laughable.

Please....stop. Lol. Bosh was better and has been better for some time. lebron subjecting him to a corner spot up shooter for 4 years doesn't change that.

wakencdukest
06-14-2015, 07:16 PM
Please....stop. Lol. Bosh was better and has been better for some time. lebron subjecting him to a corner spot up shooter for 4 years doesn't change that.

Whatever dude. They both never won much until they joined up with a superstar(or two in Bosh's case). The fact is, Gasol got his team to the playoffs in a much tougher conference, and when he did finally get to the finals 3 years in a row, he was a much bigger factor than Bosh ever was in Miami.

MEB2kDeez
06-14-2015, 07:22 PM
I love Gasol.

We wouldn't have won without him.

But he's essentially the Pippen of Bigs , yet some of you wanna act like he's Shaq or Duncan just to downplay Kobe's impact.

Most true fans know who Gasol was, and it wasn't THAT.
Fact

1~Gibson~1
06-14-2015, 07:50 PM
They shit on Gasol to make Kobe look better.
Same thing happened to Lamar Odom when the Lakers were straight garbage.

pastis
06-14-2015, 07:57 PM
so wait, now we are pretending that bosh is better than gasol?

gasol playoffs 2009:
10.8 reb, 2.5 ass, 2.0 bpg, 18. 3 ppg on 58 % wiht dat defense

gasol playoffs 2010:

11.1 reb, 3.5 ass, 2.1, 19.9 bpg on 53 % with top def

not talking about WS

oh and gasol averaged 5.0 off reb in the finals =D

Statistically, Gasol's input in his Lakers' title defense was significantly more important than that of Bryant. Obviously Kobe's 29 points per look better than Gasol's 19, but it was simply the result of shooting an insane amount of shots at a low percentage. Although the Lakers shot a pitiful 41% over their seven games with Boston, Bryant actually made things worse by shooting 40% (66-163). Not only that, but in a series full of close fourth-quarter battles, Bryant shot an abysmal 31% (11-36) in the games' final periods. Gasol connected on a team-high 48% from the field, hitting 43 of 90 attempts. His efficiency from the field was instrumental in stressing a tight Boston defense.

from a distribution/running-the-O standpoint, Gasol far trumped Kobe in the Finals. The big Spaniard lead the entire Laker squad with a phenomenal 26-13 (2.0) assist-turnover rate. He did a great job passing out of double teams, passing out of the low-post, high-post, perimeter, etc. The only player to accrue more assists on LA was the primary ball handler, Bryant, who handed out one more, 27. Unfortunately for the team, he also turned the ball over 27 times for a terrible 1.0 ratio. It could have been much worse if his teammates didn't hustle to retain possession on numerous Bryant passes that were tipped away by the Celtics into random spaces each game. Offensively, there is no question that Gasol was far more important to the overall success and effectiveness of the Lakers' attack.

pastis
06-14-2015, 08:02 PM
oh and talking about all nba teams selections about gasol.

gasol had to compete for the Foward positon wiht Dirk, Duncan, Garnett, all top 20 players all time

later with lebron, KD, AD etc pp.

kobes rivals for the first team were laughable over a long stretch. you just cant compare being nominated first or second team as a PF than to a guard.

maybe its getting harder for the guard position since 3-4 years or so, with the raise of the WB and harden generation....but for a longer stretch kobe just had wade as a rval for the first team. thats all.

Wade's Rings
06-14-2015, 08:04 PM
oh and talking about all nba teams selections about gasol.

gasol had to compete for the Foward positon wiht Dirk, Duncan, Garnett, all top 20 players all time

later with lebron, KD, AD etc pp.

kobes rivals for the first team were laughable over a long stretch. you just cant compare being nominated first or second team as a PF than to a guard.

maybe its getting harder for the guard position since 3-4 years or so, with the WB and harden....but for a longer stretch kobe just had wade as a rval for the first team. thats all.

Well Kobe did have Wade, CP3, and Nash from the Mid 2000s and on.

pastis
06-14-2015, 08:05 PM
Well Kobe did have Wade, CP3, and Nash from the Mid 2000s and on.

beside wade, all far away from the tough competion for the forward spot.

34-24 Footwork
06-14-2015, 08:06 PM
so wait, now we are pretending that bosh is better than gasol?

gasol playoffs 2009:
10.8 reb, 2.5 ass, 2.0 bpg, 18. 3 ppg on 58 % wiht dat defense

gasol playoffs 2010:

11.1 reb, 3.5 ass, 2.1, 19.9 bpg on 53 % with top def

not talking about WS

oh and gasol averaged 5.0 off reb in the finals =D

Comparing playoff stats for Gasol/Bosh when the offense literally ran through Gasol in the triangle is disingenuous at best. Either you didn't watch those lakers teams, you didn't watch the heat teams or you're an idiot trying to use stats to distort reality and context. They played two different roles within a different offense.

What we're Bosh's/Gasol's numbers before they teamed up with superstars? At least these stats are somewhat fair.

SouBeachTalents
06-14-2015, 08:08 PM
Comparing playoff stats for Gasol/Bosh when the offense literally ran through Gasol in the triangle is disingenuous at best. Either you didn't watch those lakers teams, you didn't watch the heat teams or you're an idiot trying to use stats to distort reality and context. They played two different roles within a different offense.

What we're Bosh's/Gasol's numbers before they teamed up with superstars? At least these stats are somewhat fair.

I already showed you those, but you dismissed them

Wade's Rings
06-14-2015, 08:08 PM

True.

34-24 Footwork
06-14-2015, 08:10 PM

Explain how Dirk played with a prime Nash, Finley, Van Exel, Stackhouse, Jason Terry and only got one ring out of it.

Let's not talk about competition for your own sake.

34-24 Footwork
06-14-2015, 08:12 PM
I already showed you those, but you dismissed them

Whose better at the game of basketball??

pastis
06-14-2015, 08:18 PM
im pretty sure, if you ask any basketball expert or coach or whatever in this world....EVERYONE would go for gasol. book it.

Bankaii
06-14-2015, 08:18 PM
Whose better at the game of basketball??
Is there ever a thread where you're not getting destroyed? If you don't know anything about basketball why join a basketball forum lol?

Wade's Rings
06-14-2015, 08:25 PM
Is there ever a thread where you're not getting destroyed? If you don't know anything about basketball why join a basketball forum lol?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

qrich
06-14-2015, 09:00 PM
Laker fans don't, it's the ignorant Kobe stans that do.

Just subtracting Pau and saying if they would've won without him is idiotic as well, without subbing in a suitable replacement. Give them Boozer, West, Memo, Z-Bo, Stoudemire or a Bosh, in place, and I still see them taking one at least. But if you drop it, to, say, Chris Kaman, then most likely not.

As far as Pau vs Bosh, neither is clearly ahead of the other (in terms of talent, as in All-Time rankings, Pau has done much more), but Pau should get the nod 8/10 times simply due to his willingness to give defensive effort, even if it may not be great.

34-24 Footwork
06-14-2015, 09:00 PM

Stay mad. :lol

jstern
06-14-2015, 09:01 PM
Same reason they shit on Shaq.

34-24 Footwork
06-14-2015, 09:02 PM
Laker fans don't, it's the ignorant Kobe stans that do.

Just subtracting Pau and saying if they would've won without him is idiotic as well, without subbing in a suitable replacement. Give them Boozer, West, Memo, Z-Bo, Stoudemire or a Bosh, in place, and I still see them taking one at least. But if you drop it, to, say, Chris Kaman, then most likely not.

As far as Pau vs Bosh, neither is clearly ahead of the other (in terms of talent, as in All-Time rankings, Pau has done much more), but Pau should get the nod 8/10 times simply due to his willingness to give defensive effort, even if it may not be great.

Perfect post. I just don't like the term "dominant" being thrown around so carelessly. All the guys you mentioned are skilled very skilled big men.

bballnoob1192
06-14-2015, 09:31 PM
Kobe and Pau kept the post-up game and half court offense alive. It was a beauty to watch them destroy teams defenses. That's why i can't enjoy teams nowadays anymore since everyone is either shooting threes or looking for fastbreak points. running your offense in the halfcourt against a set defense that can do nothing against your team is the most dominant style, and pau was a huge part of the lakers amazing halfcourt offense. However, Kobe ran that system, so he gets top billing for the lakers championships. there is no denying that.

toxicxr6
06-14-2015, 09:32 PM

Garnett
Bosh
Stoudemire
Yao
Duncan
Randolph
Dirk
Aldridge

Seriously though these are the only 3 I would take over gasol