PDA

View Full Version : Lebron catching so much flak despite his herculean performance proves how good he is.

LikeABosh
06-14-2015, 11:29 PM
Unreal how high the expectation are for this guy. 40, 14 and 12 and just 2 turnovers on the road vs the stacked Warriors, top defense in the league. Playing with no help. JR Smith is literally the only guy who can create a shot for himself. Not to mention the refs allowing a ridiculous amount of contact every time Lebron is in the paint. LeGOAT has 3 40 point games so far these Finals. One of the games he didn't score 30 he had 39, 16 and 11. I Warriors win and Lebron doesn't win FMVP(assuming he continues his level of play, which he will and more) , it's officially a joke award. NBA should just officially name it Finals MVP for the Winning Team award. Cavs in 7 BTW

Kvnzhangyay
06-14-2015, 11:30 PM
This.

Not to mention scoring/assisting on 26/32 of Cleveland's goals today

navy
Should have scored 60. I think the Cavs can make it a 7 game series though.

Mr. Jabbar
give a man a ball during 50 minutes, hold it every possession, (e)stats will happen.

SpecialQue
His team lost the game.

This is why people hate stans. Stats mean dick if your team loses.

Magic 32
This is how good he is...

2/6

The east is a blessing and a curse.

This is the curse.

Enjoy.

J Shuttlesworth
06-14-2015, 11:31 PM
True. I can't hate on LeBron for the Cavs losing this series since they are clearly outmatched... I'd be hating on him if he was only dropping 25/7/7 or whatever and not leaving it all out there.

LikeABosh
give a man a ball during 50 minutes, things will happen.
Come again? Revise your shit post and try again.

Bernkastel
Only if his teammates could dribble without losing the ball 50% of the time.

RRR3
06-14-2015, 11:32 PM
It's just the way things are at this point.

As a LeBron fan it's not what we want but he's had a succesful career and he's doing the best he can.

Kvnzhangyay
True. I can't hate on LeBron for the Cavs losing this series since they are clearly outmatched... I'd be hating on him if he was only dropping 25/7/7 or whatever and not leaving it all out there.

This. Bron deserves to be shit on if he isn't averaging what he is right now. Can't really ask much more out of a man when, even though people give flak to Lebron for shooting a low %, his teammates are shooting EVEN WORSE :roll:

warriorfan
damage control

LikeABosh
06-14-2015, 11:33 PM
His team lost the game.

The stats show how ****ing dominate he is. Basketball is a team sport dimwit. 5 vs. 5. In Lebron's case it's 1 vs 8. WTF do you want him to do?

oh the horror
Stans suddenly humbling out and rolling out the white flags all about those moral victories.

Suguru101
I'm a fan of LeBron. I salute the 40 point triple double. However, you have to see it from this point of view:

1 point game, 5 minutes left. LeBron takes 2 more fgs and that's it. He doesn't force the issue.

Appreciating what LeBron did, but also acknowledging he could have done more is not having.

It's not as if one he got 40, he didn't need to do more, he was free of criticism. This is about winning not about stats.

And the "look at the team". I understand the context, which is why I'm not being harsh or anything, but the game was in hand. He could have closed the deal.

LikeABosh
damage control
Come back to me when the Cavs win the series. Lebron gonna shit on the Warriors in there building game 7.

SpecialQue
06-14-2015, 11:34 PM
The stats show how ****ing dominate he is. Basketball is a team sport dimwit. 5 vs. 5. In Lebron's case it's 1 vs 8. WTF do you want him to do?

I personally want him to lose, but I'd imagine you'd prefer him to have worse stats and a win.

Oh wait, you wouldn't.

kennethgriffin
06-14-2015, 11:35 PM
OP.. the game plan is to let lebron go 1 on 1

its been this way all series. his stats are inflated because his team is losing

:lol

KG215
I think his series is starting to get a little bit overrated. He's been great, and the best player in the series, but I don't think he's been as good as his numbers suggest. He's basically handling the ball from the start of every possession and ending it with a shot or a pass. Of course he's going to rack up assists. And tonight he played basically every minute as the tallest/biggest player on the court since Golden State primarily played a lineup with no one taller than 6'8".

Again, he's been really, really f***ing good in the series given what he has around him. But he's still been extremely inefficient scoring the ball, and I don't think he's been quite as his impactful as his overall raw stats indicate. It is pretty incredible, though, that he's been able to lead this supporting cast to at least a 6-game series against a 67 win team.

warriorfan
Come back to me when the Cavs win the series. Lebron gonna shit on the Warriors in there building game 7.

:biggums:

andgar923
06-14-2015, 11:37 PM

This

Can't hate on him.

But we can shut his stans for claiming dumb shit.

Just2McFly
I'm a fan of LeBron. I salute the 40 point triple double. However, you have to see it from this point of view:

1 point game, 5 minutes left. LeBron takes 2 more fgs and that's it. He doesn't force the issue.

Appreciating what LeBron did, but also acknowledging he could have done more is not having.

It's not as if one he got 40, he didn't need to do more, he was free of criticism. This is about winning not about stats.

And the "look at the team". I understand the context, which is why I'm not being harsh or anything, but the game was in hand. He could have closed the deal.

You've got to put it in context, 5 straight finals, olympic play in 2012, this guy is ****ing gassed and he's still shitting on GS. At the end of games, he's physically done. His lift and burst start being minimized by fatigue. You can see the anguish and pain on his face. It's an amazing sight to see someone still be dominant on this level with all that withstanding.

ProfessorMurder
True.

Just like how when you got pantsed in school that means you were cool and liked.

oh the horror
06-14-2015, 11:38 PM

Problem is though he's BEEN HAD that stigma following him for years man. When the pressure is squarely on his shoulders alone he has been known to shy away. We can talk about "choking" "fatigue" or whatever but everyone has seen him lacking some type of ability to close out games strong like he starts them off.

LikeABosh
I personally want him to lose, but I'd imagine you'd prefer him to have worse stats and a win.

Oh wait, you wouldn't.
what are you even talking about? GTFO of my thread. You're just proving my point. He's going 1 vs 8 out there and putting up amazing numbers and retards like you just go "doesn't matter, team lost". Would I want Lebron to have worse stats and win? It's a pointless question because with worse stats the Cavs would be swept.

RRR3
I think his series is starting to get a little bit overrated. He's been great, and the best player in the series, but I don't think he's been as good as his numbers suggest. He's basically handling the ball from the start of every possession and ending it with a shot or a pass. Of course he's going to rack up assists. And tonight he played basically every minute as the tallest/biggest player on the court since Golden State primarily played a lineup with no one taller than 6'8".

Again, he's been really, really f***ing good in the series given what he has around him. But he's still been extremely inefficient scoring the ball, and I don't think he's been quite as his impactful as his overall raw stats indicate. It is pretty incredible, though, that he's been able to lead this supporting cast to at least a 6-game series against a 67 win team.
He's not having the godlike series the media is saying he is, but he's certainly played his ass off.

What pisses me off is that prime LeBron (better jumper and better finisher) would most likely best this Warriors team in the same situation.

ah well everyone gets old eventually.

LikeABosh
06-14-2015, 11:39 PM
OP.. the game plan is to let lebron go 1 on 1

its been this way all series. his stats are inflated because his team is losing

:lol
Yea, that's the game plan. Just "let" Lebron go off. They're "letting" him get 12 boards and 10 assists per game too right? They just "let" him and the Cavs win 2 games as well right Kenny?

RRR3
06-14-2015, 11:40 PM
Problem is though he's BEEN HAD that stigma following him for years man. When the pressure is squarely on his shoulders alone he has been known to shy away. We can talk about "choking" "fatigue" or whatever but everyone has seen him lacking some type of ability to close out games strong like he starts them off.
He has about 16 (?) or more game winners in his career. Narratives don't equal reality.

SpecialQue
06-14-2015, 11:40 PM
what are you even talking about? GTFO of my thread.

No, I think I'll stick around and talk shit.

KG215
06-14-2015, 11:43 PM
He's not having the godlike series the media is saying he is, but he's certainly played his ass off.

What pisses me off is that prime LeBron (better jumper and better finisher) would most likely best this Warriors team in the same situation.

ah well everyone gets old eventually.
Yeah, pretty much this. It doesn't mean he hasn't been really, really f***ing good, because he has. I'm just not sure it's been as great of a series as is being advertised by his fans and the media.

Young X
06-14-2015, 11:45 PM
His performance and effort don't matter anymore. He's gonna catch flack regardless for his team losing. That's how it is with pretty much every great, HOF level player leading their team, not only Lebron.

RRR3
06-14-2015, 11:49 PM
Yeah, pretty much this. It doesn't mean he hasn't been really, really f***ing good, because he has. I'm just not sure it's been as great of a series as is being advertised by his fans and the media.
What's really frustrating to me as LBJ fan is realizing how much different his career could have been if he had always had this ultra aggressive mentality.

Spurs m8
06-14-2015, 11:50 PM
2/6

Team cancer

Cheers

J Shuttlesworth
06-14-2015, 11:52 PM

I don't think there's anything he could have done to offset the Splash Brothers explosion. He did take it to the rim twice near the end after hitting a couple 3's, but he didn't get the calls after drawing contact at the rim. After those shots, I think Curry and Klay each hit a 3 to blow the game open. After that, they need to shoot 3's only, and they tried getting JR/Delly/Shump some 3's since they are all better three point shooters than LeBron, but they weren't hitting.

sbw19
06-14-2015, 11:54 PM
He's catching flak because he had the Warriors where the Cavs wanted them, and let it slip away with his 7/22 performance at home. Now, they're down (instead of up) 2-3 and Gm4 might prove just the performance that gave away the championship the Cavs have for so long wanted.

No shame in losing to the MVP, but time and again LeBron's had a golden opportunity to put away an opponent while they're down, and guess what ensued? He would've received much less flak had the Cavs not taken hold of the series at all.

Cleverness
06-15-2015, 12:25 AM
Unreal how high the expectation are for this guy. 40, 14 and 12 and just 2 turnovers on the road vs the stacked Warriors, top defense in the league. Playing with no help. JR Smith is literally the only guy who can create a shot for himself. Not to mention the refs allowing a ridiculous amount of contact every time Lebron is in the paint. LeGOAT has 3 40 point games so far these Finals. One of the games he didn't score 30 he had 39, 16 and 11. I Warriors win and Lebron doesn't win FMVP(assuming he continues his level of play, which he will and more) , it's officially a joke award. NBA should just officially name it Finals MVP for the Winning Team award. Cavs in 7 BTW

It just shows you how obsessed the American culture is with winning. Winning forgives everything. Hell, you can rape people and be forgiven if you win.

And JR Smith creating his own shot? Sure, if you including shooting a contest jumper, heh

The Iron Fist
06-15-2015, 12:31 AM
Herculean performance? For what? He can't make his teammates better. Or does that not matter anymore? I remember for many, many years, how that was a main point in describing his game.

sportjames23
06-15-2015, 02:40 AM
This is how good he is...

2/6

The east is a blessing and a curse.

This is the curse.

Enjoy.

Damn.

Straight_Ballin
06-15-2015, 02:42 AM
OP meltdown

nba_55
06-15-2015, 02:44 AM
His team lost the game.

what a stupid mentality.

nba_55
06-15-2015, 02:45 AM
Herculean performance? For what? He can't make his teammates better. Or does that not matter anymore? I remember for many, many years, how that was a main point in describing his game.

He made them better. They were almost all irrelevant without him.

nba_55
06-15-2015, 02:46 AM
He's catching flak because he had the Warriors where the Cavs wanted them, and let it slip away with his 7/22 performance at home. Now, they're down (instead of up) 2-3 and Gm4 might prove just the performance that gave away the championship the Cavs have for so long wanted.

No shame in losing to the MVP, but time and again LeBron's had a golden opportunity to put away an opponent while they're down, and guess what ensued? He would've received much less flak had the Cavs not taken hold of the series at all.

Just shows how great he is.

Doranku
06-15-2015, 02:48 AM
It's a shame that it took LeBron until he started to decline to realize he was the best basketball player in the world.

If he had the mentality he has now back in '09, he'd have like 5 rings.

oh the horror
06-15-2015, 02:48 AM
Cats went from Cavs being up 2-1 puffing out their chests here and talking all types of shit ...

To them being down 2-3 and now motherf*ckers on here getting philosophical.

nba_55
06-15-2015, 02:50 AM
Cats went from Cavs being up 2-1 puffing out their chests here and talking all types of shit ...

To them being down 2-3 and now motherf*ckers on here getting philosophical.

we got a badass in the house, dammmmnnnn

SamuraiSWISH
06-15-2015, 02:53 AM
Not true. You didn't critique him for his performance and lack of consistent aggression in last year's Finals. It was everyone else's fault.

nba_55
06-15-2015, 02:54 AM
Not true. You didn't critique him for his performance and lack of consistent aggression in last year's Finals. It was everyone else's fault.

It was their defense, if you couldn't see that, then you don't know anything about bball.

The Iron Fist
06-15-2015, 02:56 AM
He made them better. They were almost all irrelevant without him.
He did? In what way? Every lebron stan is slamming his teammates.

nba_55
06-15-2015, 02:57 AM
He did? In what way? Every lebron stan is slamming his teammates.

In every way possible.

The Iron Fist
06-15-2015, 03:07 AM
In every way possible.
Did they win?