PDA

View Full Version : Why was Blatt scared out of using Mozgov so quickly?

ShackEelOKneel
06-14-2015, 11:41 PM
Mozgov just had the game of his career and within minutes of game 5, Blatt got scared out of using him. Warriors made an adjustment, so it makes sense that Blatt needed to as well, but completely taking him out plays right into the Warriors hands. Keep him in and find some other adjustment.

navy
06-14-2015, 11:43 PM
Mozgov as a short leash by David Blatt. Anytime he messes up Blatt will just pull him and play Thompson.

daily
06-14-2015, 11:43 PM
Something put him in the doghouse. He's been playing well whole series.

Rocketswin2013
06-14-2015, 11:44 PM
With the officiating, bad shooting, and lack of depth, the Cavs weren't winning this game anyway.

DMAVS41
06-14-2015, 11:47 PM
Because the Cavs can't score well enough with Moz/Thompson out there together to keep pace unless the Warriors are missing shots.

It's not sustainable at all....and Blatt knew this and that is why he made the quick decision.

They have no room on offense and the Warriors will gladly give up Mozgov 2 point attempts.

Did people watch game 4?

bobopenguin
06-14-2015, 11:47 PM
he's getting Lin treatment.

coach doesnt like a role player out shine his superstar. :rolleyes:

Rocketswin2013
06-14-2015, 11:48 PM
Because the Cavs can't score well enough with Moz/Thompson out there together to keep pace unless the Warriors are missing shots.

It's not sustainable at all....and Blatt knew this and that is why he made the quick decision.

They have no room on offense and the Warriors will gladly give up Mozgov 2 point attempts.
He could've been out the instead of Thompson imo. Especially in the third.

LikeABosh
06-14-2015, 11:49 PM
Because he's a *****, rookie head coach. Even if the Cavs win the Finals I could see Lebron getting this clown fired. Lebron and the Cavs win games despite of him

Bernkastel
06-14-2015, 11:55 PM
Because he's a *****, rookie head coach. Even if the Cavs win the Finals I could see Lebron getting this clown fired. Lebron and the Cavs win games despite of him

:biggums: :rolleyes:

DMAVS41
06-15-2015, 12:02 AM
He could've been out the instead of Thompson imo. Especially in the third.

Maybe, but Thompson was a beast out there tonight. He was actually finishing around the rim..

And Thompson can guard so much better away from the basket and recover because he's quicker... it makes those pick and rolls much easier to defend

Cleverness
06-15-2015, 12:22 AM
I spoke with Monty McCutchen before the game, informing him of Mozgov's 10/10 FT shooting when stepping over the FT line this series. He told Blatt he'd have to call it, so Blatt sat him.

konex
06-15-2015, 12:25 AM
Umm, maybe they lose by 20 last game?!?! Every Mozgov post-up is a bailout for GS and the defense is compromised with 2 bigs out there. Cavs only chance to win this series is with LeBron and 3pt shooters.

Anyone criticizing Blatt for tonight doesn't understand basketball. Notice that GS had a hard time doubling Bron tonight cos the floor was so spaced

EwingMan
06-15-2015, 01:18 AM

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

RedBlackAttack
06-15-2015, 01:26 AM
:facepalm

Terrible takes are terrible.

ShackEelOKneel
06-15-2015, 01:37 AM
Umm, maybe they lose by 20 last game?!?! Every Mozgov post-up is a bailout for GS and the defense is compromised with 2 bigs out there. Cavs only chance to win this series is with LeBron and 3pt shooters.

Anyone criticizing Blatt for tonight doesn't understand basketball. Notice that GS had a hard time doubling Bron tonight cos the floor was so spaced

I'm not saying go with the same damn strategy, but Blatt got scared out of using Mozgov. Has any coach in Finals history ever sat a player this much after doing so well?

RedBlackAttack
06-15-2015, 01:42 AM
I'm not saying go with the same damn strategy, but Blatt got scared out of using Mozgov. Has any coach in Finals history ever sat a player this much after doing so well?
He did well statistically. He also was one of the big reasons they were able to kick the pace up on us in Game 4 and blow us out of the water. That didn't happen tonight, mainly because we matched their speed and were able to get and stay in front of them. Blatt is giving us the best chances we have to win this series. The odds of beating this Golden State team without two Olympians and a double-double machine were astronomical.

Right now, it's 3-2 coming back to Cleveland and tonight's game was close only because he went so small so early and didn't attempt to put a square peg in a round hole.

To have any chance, we have to control the pace. When they're playing Green or Iggy at the 5, there's no way Mozgov can help control the pace.

Everyone loves Timo, but he played the number of minutes that were appropriate tonight. We tried to match speed with size in the last game. It was a disaster.