PDA

View Full Version : Watching these Finals, I don't see how you draft bigs in the lottery in today's NBA

konex
06-15-2015, 12:20 AM
Unless it's a guy like Anthony Davis, a triple-threat star is ALWAYS better. Cavs can't play arguably their 2nd best healthy player cos he can't shoot or guard the PnR. Same with GS and Bogut. Only difference is that Bogut is maybe their 5th or 6th best player

Mr. Jabbar
06-15-2015, 12:21 AM
witness the 2nd era of great centers begin next season

keep-itreal
06-15-2015, 12:24 AM
We're going to see the next Shaq in a few years now :bowdown: :bowdown:

J Shuttlesworth
06-15-2015, 12:24 AM
Nope. Konex curse died first round

RRR3
06-15-2015, 12:25 AM
Konex curse doesn't work anymore

ClipperRevival
06-15-2015, 12:30 AM
The game is changing for sure. I don't think there has ever been a championship team that won with a 6'7" C playing most of the finals. A C who just gave you 28 pts the game before barely played. This has to influence the rest of the leagues thinking to some extent.

Euroleague
06-16-2015, 03:28 AM
I have been telling all you clowns here for years that the NBA is about 20 years behind European basketball.

And you all just laugh because you are a bunch of morons.

Well, you are not laughing anymore. The NBA is just finally beginning to learn just a FEW of the basic tenets of what makes European basketball superior to the NBA. And a team like the Warriors that has implemented, not all, but just a A FEW of European basketball principles can win a title.

The same with the Spurs all the years. And the sports media keeps saying the Spurs are a "European team", yet in truth they only use a few tenets of European basketball.

No NBA teams have even grasped yet all the actual concepts of European basketball yet, because it truly is about 20 years more advanced than the NBA is in its development.

But every time I mention this here, all the clowns just laugh and laugh. But eventually, the NBA is going to catch up with the actual modern basketball that is being played in Europe. Because they can see that just adding even a few concepts of European modern basketball to the extremely outdated crap of the NBA gives teams a big advantage.

tragicbronson
06-16-2015, 03:32 AM
I have been telling all you clowns here for years that the NBA is about 20 years behind European basketball.

Well, you are not laughing anymore. The NBA is just finally beginning to learn just a FEW of the basic tenets of what makes European basketball superior to the NBA. And a team like the Warriors that has implemented, not all, but just a A FEW of European basketball principles can win a title.

The same with the Spurs all the years. And the sports media keeps saying the Spurs are a "European team", yet in truth they only use a few tenets of European basketball.

No NBA teams have even grasped yet all the actual concepts of European basketball yet, because it truly is about 20 years more advanced than the NBA is in its development.

But every time I mention this here, all the clowns just laugh and laugh. But eventually, the NBA is going to catch up with the actual modern basketball that is being played in Europe. Because they can see that just adding even a few concepts of European modern basketball to the extremely outdated crap of the NBA gives teams a big advantage.

http://i.imgur.com/oiAx5mz.gif

TheCorporation
06-16-2015, 03:45 AM

Oscar Schmidt, never forget

http://www.eurobasket.com/AcPhotos_Players/1Schmidt_Oscar.jpg

IllegalD
06-16-2015, 03:46 AM

:biggums:

Fallen Angel
06-16-2015, 03:47 AM
What? Low post big men don't win in today's era?

No way?!?! Since when!?!?

Soundwave
06-16-2015, 05:29 AM
Truth be told I think Blatt made a mistake going away from Mozgov.

Prior to the last game which the Cavs lost anyway, Mozgov had a fair case for being the 3rd best player in the series so far.

fiddy
06-16-2015, 05:35 AM

Someone forgot to take his medicine.

outbreak
06-16-2015, 05:44 AM
If either team had a dominant offensive center it'd be different. Small ball only works when the opposition doesn't haven't a legit inside threat

konex
06-25-2015, 10:34 PM
Mitch paying attention :pimp:

9erempiree
06-25-2015, 10:39 PM
What we need to do is bring back ISO ball into this league.

Great ISO legends like Kobe and MJ will probably never be witnessed again in this league. Where one man can take on an entire team.

KiiiiNG
06-25-2015, 10:41 PM
Mitch paying attention :pimp:
dude, your basketball knowledge is so bad, to the point that you were responsible for the biggest "curse" in message board history.... everything you ever posted about basketball was wrong... for almost a decade

needless to say, you have zero credibility. if your basketball analysis was a reputation bar, you'd have 11 red squares.

kill yourself boy.

Spurs5Rings2014
06-25-2015, 10:44 PM
dude, your basketball knowledge is so bad, to the point that you were responsible for the biggest "curse" in message board history.... everything you ever posted about basketball was wrong... for almost a decade

needless to say, you have zero credibility. if your basketball analysis was a reputation bar, you'd have 11 red squares.

kill yourself boy.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

WorldWarriors
06-25-2015, 11:41 PM
It's about matchups. No way in hell would the Warriors have made it past Houston without Bogut matched up with DHoward or even Memphis with Gasol. Although Memphis was a little different because the defense targeted Zach and Gasol decided to start shooting jumpers, lol

toxicxr6
06-25-2015, 11:44 PM

I hope you get Ebola

WorldWarriors
06-25-2015, 11:46 PM

Great ISO legends like Kobe and MJ will probably never be witnessed again in this league. Where one man can take on an entire team. Didn't Lebron just do this in the finals?

Spurs5Rings2014
06-25-2015, 11:54 PM
Didn't Lebron just do this in the finals?

How did that go?

Poetry
06-26-2015, 12:35 AM

Great ISO legends like Kobe and MJ will probably never be witnessed again in this league. Where one man can take on an entire team.

He said great.

Droid101
06-26-2015, 12:36 AM
Shoot 25% beyond 5 feet? Yes, he did that on Isolation coverage. Bravo.

Jameerthefear
06-26-2015, 12:36 AM

kill yourself boy.
:roll: :roll:

Bimbo Coles
06-26-2015, 12:59 AM

But every time I mention this here, all the clowns just laugh and laugh. But eventually, the NBA is going to catch up with the actual modern basketball that is being played in Europe. Because they can see that just adding even a few concepts of European modern basketball to the extremely outdated crap of the NBA gives teams a big advantage. http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1274640/kobeten.gif

scm5
06-26-2015, 01:47 AM
The game is changing for sure. I don't think there has ever been a championship team that won with a 6'7" C playing most of the finals. A C who just gave you 28 pts the game before barely played. This has to influence the rest of the leagues thinking to some extent.

Do you remember this one guy, four time DPOY, beast of a manlet named Ben Wallace?

WorldWarriors
06-26-2015, 03:05 AM
He said great.

:(

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-26-2015, 09:16 AM
The Spurs won just two years ago with a two 7 footers in the starting lineup and a freakish 6'9 guy with a helluva long wingspan and hands as the small forward.

There is more than one way to win a championship. Here are the keys:

1) Be Top 10 in offense (or close to it)
2) Be Top 10 in defense (or lose to it)

In other words be balanced. But the style in which you play doesn't matter as much doing the above.

Leroy Jetson
06-26-2015, 09:49 AM
He said great.
:oldlol: :oldlol:

VeeCee15
06-26-2015, 10:17 AM
you draft bigs if someone was as gifted as shaq...with that size, skill and athleticism. A Shaq comes along once every 50 years though....and no, Oden pre-injuury isn't even close to Shaq

KyrieTheFuture
06-26-2015, 10:24 AM

Kyrieeeee

konex
06-26-2015, 11:38 AM
The Spurs won just two years ago with a two 7 footers in the starting lineup and a freakish 6'9 guy with a helluva long wingspan and hands as the small forward.

There is more than one way to win a championship. Here are the keys:

1) Be Top 10 in offense (or close to it)
2) Be Top 10 in defense (or lose to it)

In other words be balanced. But the style in which you play doesn't matter as much doing the above.

Spurs won because of Parker's penetration and 3pt shooting not bigs

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-26-2015, 11:44 AM
Spurs won because of Parker's penetration and 3pt shooting not bigs

I never said they won because of their bigs. You didn't read my post at all if you came to that conclusion. I said you needed to be around top 10 in offense and defense... doesn't matter what style you play. As long as you have balance on both ends.

choppermagic
06-26-2015, 12:00 PM
If either team had a dominant offensive center it'd be different. Small ball only works when the opposition doesn't haven't a legit inside threat

This. One dominant center slows the game down, defends the interior from layups and drives, and distorts the small teams defence. Not to mention draw fouls trying to slow him down and slowing the game down even further. The offensive rebounds will force the small team to put in big men to avoid giving up 2-3rd chance shots all day long.