PDA

View Full Version : 36.6 PPG | 12.4 RPG | 9.4 APG | 40 FG% (5 games)

1987_Lakers
06-15-2015, 12:33 AM
Damn...

warriorfan
06-15-2015, 12:35 AM
26 PPG / 5 RPG / 6 APG / 45 FG% (5 games) while seeing double teams every time is more impressive.

RRR3
06-15-2015, 12:35 AM
If he could still finish and shoot like last year....

:eek:

Magic 32
06-15-2015, 12:36 AM
98 missed shots.

Not winning basketball.

sbw19
06-15-2015, 12:38 AM
Could still wind up with a 30TD+title if teammates get hot or he starts making shots left and right.

navy
06-15-2015, 12:39 AM
Not playing good enough.

Fallen Angel
06-15-2015, 12:39 AM
He's not a Top 5 All-Time Talent if he can't make perimeter shots and make his FTs consistently

Gimme Jordan, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Kobe, and Hakeem over this dude.

BlakFrankWhite
06-15-2015, 12:40 AM
GOATbrook mode activated

francesco totti
Unlike in 2011, you cannot hate on Lebron for this finals. If the NBA to make an exception in handing FMVP to a player from losing team...this might be the year.

Rocketswin2013
This isn't even prime athleticism LeBron.

scandisk_
I have to admit, bron kinda gave me a heart attack when he challenged MJ's finals scoring record. :oldlol:

41 ppg bitches! :banana:

DonDadda59
06-15-2015, 12:42 AM
LeOscar Robertson Lite. :applause:

34-24 Footwork
06-15-2015, 12:42 AM
I remember the good ole days in sports when winning was celebrated and losing was condemned. The goal post continues to move.

Braincells
06-15-2015, 12:43 AM
26 PPG / 5 RPG / 6 APG / 45 FG% (5 games) while seeing double teams every time is more impressive.

This.

What's more impressive is he's shooting 40% from the three with two to three defenders shadowing him on the perimeter every offensive possession GS gets. Way more impressive considering the little legroom he has to shoot. It's Ray Allen on HGH numbers.

plowking
06-15-2015, 12:44 AM
I remember the good ole days in sports when winning was celebrated and losing was condemned. The goal post continues to move.

Were underdogs always condemned? I think you have a different memory to most.

fragokota
06-15-2015, 12:45 AM
I think it's 8.8 ast per game, but still...

nzahir
06-15-2015, 12:46 AM
He's not a Top 5 All-Time Talent if he can't make perimeter shots and make his FTs consistently

Gimme Jordan, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Kobe, and Hakeem over this dude.
Guy shot pretty well from 3 last few seasons and was very good in the midrange those few years in mia and even this year. Post season has been bad because all the looks are mostly contested looks, not in rthym, or he looks spent from having to do everything(something nobody, except Mj, could even attempt to do consistently).

In mia's offense, which had other playmakers in wade and bosh, lebron got easier shots. Look for the same to probably happen next season when kyrie and love(if he stays) play together.

Poetry
06-15-2015, 12:47 AM

It is. 44 total.

Rocketswin2013
06-15-2015, 12:48 AM
Guy shot pretty well from 3 last few seasons and was very good in the midrange those few years in mia and even this year. Post season has been bad because all the looks are mostly contested looks, not in rthym, or he looks spent from having to do everything(something nobody, except Mj, could even attempt to do consistently).

In mia's offense, which had other playmakers in wade and bosh, lebron got easier shots. Look for the same to probably happen next season when kyrie and love(if he stays) play together.
Yeah he was statistically fantastic as a spot-up shooter his last two years in Miami. Never that good off the dribble.

Round Mound
06-15-2015, 12:52 AM
How But Bird in the 1986 Finals (age 29 Peak):

24.0 PPG (48.2% FG on 18.3 FGAs PG) 9.7 RPG, 9.5 APG, 2.7 SPG & 2.7 TOVs PG

Is Lebron close to this?

Kvnzhangyay
06-15-2015, 12:53 AM

24.0 PPG (48.2% FG on 18.3 FGAs PG) 9.7 RPG, 9.5 APG & 2.7 SPG

Is Lebron close to this?

What are you saying? :biggums:

Round Mound
06-15-2015, 12:54 AM
What are you saying? :biggums:

And only 2.7 TOVs PG.

Im saying (a question)...is that as good as Bird`s Triple Double Finals?

J Shuttlesworth
06-15-2015, 12:56 AM
And only 2.7 TOVs PG.

What was Bird's supporting cast like?

inclinerator
06-15-2015, 12:57 AM
And only 2.7 TOVs PG.

leebran is only average 3 tov this series not that big of a difference

Kvnzhangyay
06-15-2015, 12:58 AM
And only 2.7 TOVs PG.

Personally, I think so. If I recall, Mchale played amazing that series vs Houston

Arguable though. It's always hard to compare performances with good supporting casts vs performances with bad ones

Too many intangibles, such as Bird being less of a focal point for the defense (not by much though), and the fact that Lebron HAS to put up bad shots because he doesn't have the GOAT team around him.

Who knows though, Bird very well may average the same thing as Lebron with higher efficiency given the same conditions. But then again, maybe not. This is just an example of why I hate comparing.

As crazy as it may sound, I think this is Lebron's best finals performance ever

nzahir
06-15-2015, 01:01 AM
Yeah he was statistically fantastic as a spot-up shooter his last two years in Miami. Never that good off the dribble.
He hits some crazy shots sometimes, like tonights 3 at the 4th with a hand in his face, couple times actually.
But ya he is better when spotting up or catching in transition. But he has to do all their playmaking rn, and scoring, o ya and defending, and rebounding. So its not possible to do everything and be this efficient

Fallen Angel
06-15-2015, 01:12 AM

Lebron is spent at the end of every game because he exerts so much energy trying to force his way in the paint and trying to overpower his defenders. He's all power and no finesse.

I'd take all the guys I listed because I'm confident they could play the same minutes as Lebron is now with the same usage percentage and not be spent to the point where they're a liability on defense and is shooting sub 40%.

The Iron Fist
06-15-2015, 01:15 AM
Hows that "Makes his teammates better" coming along? Those stats don't mean squat if hes not winning or making his teammates better. Well, at least thats what we were told for the past 14 years.

Round Mound
06-15-2015, 01:16 AM
Larry had a better cast but also he faced better competition than Lebron has in his life. Im not saying Lebron is not close to Bird he is but also lets examine the level Bird had in his peak too:

Take a Look at these 2 videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddW0DyfPtJ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3i9gt3UE0Q

:bowdown: :bowdown:

J Shuttlesworth
06-15-2015, 01:17 AM
Hows that "Makes his teammates better" coming along? Those stats don't mean squat if hes not winning or making his teammates better. Well, at least thats what we were told for the past 14 years.
ESPN Stats & Info
@ESPNStatsInfo
Cavaliers shot 6-of-25 from the field and 1-of-11 from 3-point range when LeBron James didn

zoom17
06-15-2015, 01:18 AM

Look at his supporting cast :lol

The Iron Fist
06-15-2015, 01:28 AM
Whats wrong with it? Thats the team and coach he picked to play with. He could have went anywhere, and thats what he chose.

Kvnzhangyay
06-15-2015, 01:28 AM
Whats wrong with it? Thats the team and coach he picked to play with. He could have went anywhere, and thats what he chose.

His supporting cast isn't even bad- it's just the injuries. You can't possibly think it's his fault for not forseeing the injuries

nzahir
06-15-2015, 01:29 AM
Lebron is spent at the end of every game because he exerts so much energy trying to force his way in the paint and trying to overpower his defenders. He's all power and no finesse.

I'd take all the guys I listed because I'm confident they could play the same minutes as Lebron is now with the same usage percentage and not be spent to the point where they're a liability on defense and is shooting sub 40%.

ESPN Stats & Info
@ESPNStatsInfo
Cavaliers shot 6-of-25 from the field and 1-of-11 from 3-point range when LeBron James didn

Fallen Angel
06-15-2015, 01:30 AM
Iman Shumpert = Elite Perimeter Defender
Tristan Thompson = Elite Offensive Rebounder
J.R. Smith = Streaky Three Point Shooter
Timofey Mozgov = Fluid Two-Way 7'1" Center
Mike Miller & James Jones = Career Spot-Up Shooters
Matthew Dellevedova = Gritty Hustle Player

This is poor coaching, this team shouldn't be trying to play halfcourt offense when Lebron's off the floor.

navy
06-15-2015, 01:33 AM

This is poor coaching, this team shouldn't be trying to play halfcourt offense when Lebron's off the floor.
:biggums:

Poor coaching? Who on this Cavs team can run the fast break?

Fallen Angel
06-15-2015, 01:39 AM
:biggums:

Poor coaching? Who on this Cavs team can run the fast break?
You don't have to have Steph Curry handles or Lebron James speed to run a fastbreak.

If you can dribble/secure the ball while running basket to basket you can run a fastbreak (ex. Shumpert, Smith, Deli).

It doesn't take a genius to know when to reward the big man, pull back and find the open man, take the ball strong to the hole, or find the shooter drifting to the corner.

navy
06-15-2015, 01:40 AM
You don't have to have Steph Curry handles or Lebron James speed to run a fastbreak.

If you can dribble/secure the ball while running basket to basket you can run a fastbreak (ex. Shumpert, Smith, Deli).

It doesn't take a genius to know when to reward the big man, pull back and find the open man, take the ball strong to the hole, or find the shooter drifting to the corner.

That's the thing...

Shumpert, Delly, and Smith cant do that.

Fallen Angel
06-15-2015, 01:40 AM
[QUOTE=nzahir]ESPN Stats & Info
@ESPNStatsInfo

cranincu
06-15-2015, 01:41 AM
lebron is playing kobe basketball and isnt succeeding. another knock on lebron

Fallen Angel
06-15-2015, 01:45 AM
That's the thing...

Shumpert, Delly, and Smith cant do that.
Yes they can, stop trying to be a devil's advocate when you're responding with complete BS.

It doesn't take two brain surgeons to work a two man fastbreak or go from one end of the floor to the other and go up for a layup.

navy
06-15-2015, 01:49 AM
Yes they can, stop trying to be a devil's advocate when you're responding with complete BS.

It doesn't take two brain surgeons to work a two man fastbreak or go from one end of the floor to the other and go up for a layup.
Im not being a devil's advocate.It's just the truth. Shumpert, Delly, and Smith are not good enough at ball security, dribbling, or layups to do what you are suggesting.

You think Blatt doesnt know that?

SyRyanYang
06-15-2015, 01:55 AM
GS's strategy is basically letting Lebron get his and shut his teammates down. Lebron responded by shooting 40% from the floor.
It's still amazing though that he gets close to 9 assists per game.

NZStreetBaller
06-15-2015, 01:57 AM
You see how irrelevant stats can be??? Story of lebrons career

Fallen Angel
06-15-2015, 01:58 AM
Im not being a devil's advocate.It's just the truth. Shumpert, Delly, and Smith are not good enough at ball security, dribbling, or layups to do what you are suggesting.

You think Blatt doesnt know that?
Whatever, believe what you want.

If you think professional basketball players who've played the G position all their pro and college career cannot dribble the ball basket to basket then that's you.

Good luck, dude.

plowking
06-15-2015, 02:10 AM

He is two games away from winning a championship again. How are his stats irrelevant? In fact, how is this 40 point game any more relevant or irrelevant than the three other 40 point games he has had this series.

I'd love to know what makes Bron's 39 point triple double and win more relevant than this 40 point triple double and loss? How were his 39 points that time more relevant to winning? What did he do?

Bigsmoke
06-15-2015, 02:21 AM

2 gold medals, 2xchampionships, 4x MVP 2 FMVP

Yeah he never achieved anything:rolleyes:

SHAQisGOAT
06-15-2015, 06:49 AM
Larry had a better cast but also he faced better competition than Lebron has in his life. Im not saying Lebron is not close to Bird he is but also lets examine the level Bird had in his peak too:

Take a Look at these 2 videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddW0DyfPtJ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3i9gt3UE0Q

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Great, rare video :applause: :bowdown: The other is one of the best examples of why Bird was so impactful, gotta see it to understand really, one of his best performances and even goes way beyond the (incredible) numbers.

Look at Wilt praising Bird, get Laz up in this bitch :lol

Larry was at his very best in '86, dude seemed like he was EVERYWHERE on the court, Neo operating in the Matrix, game flew through him, leading the (arguably) GOAT team.
Made look effortless, keeping it very simple but highly impactful, extremely incredible, basketball at its finest, poetry in motion, not more than 5 players even reached that level of play, as well. Mf'er even won a jump-ball against Hakeem :oldlol:
Only player to have ever averaged a triple-double in a Finals series too, when you round up those numbers.

^With that said, his '84 post-season run is more impressive, imho, because most of his teammates were playing like shit (not close to the same level as in '86, team not remotely close to being as good) while he wrecked shit up, leading the team in points, rebounds, assists, steals, FG% and FT% :bowdown: All the way to the title against some UNREAL competition.
Only player that ever led his team in so many categories for a post-season run too, then getting his ring.

Trollsmasher
06-15-2015, 06:53 AM
Whatever, believe what you want.

If you think professional basketball players who've played the G position all their pro and college career cannot dribble the ball basket to basket then that's you.

Good luck, dude.
have you ever seen Delly dribble?

Shump on the other hand can't finish for shit. He blew all his wide open layups tonight

Andrei89
06-15-2015, 07:03 AM
lol at the haters here saying that statline is empty

this is why ISH is the worst sports forum on the internet

sportjames23
06-15-2015, 07:17 AM

And yet, here you are. :oldlol:

coin24
06-15-2015, 07:20 AM
Empty stats, team lost.
Poor efficiency.

Should be feeding his dominant bigs. What a hog

SexSymbol
06-15-2015, 07:24 AM
When GSW gameplan is to practically let him score 1x1 and isolate his teammates from Bron, this is the scoring output you're gonna get from him, 36 points on 39,9 shooting. You give Kobe or MJ these 1x1 defenses, they're gonna get 50 every frickin time.

coin24
06-15-2015, 07:29 AM
When GSW gameplan is to practically let him score 1x1 and isolate his teammates from Bron, this is the scoring output you're gonna get from him, 36 points on 39,9 shooting. You give Kobe or MJ these 1x1 defenses, they're gonna get 50 every frickin time.

This. Single coverage and these tards are making out bran is dominating:lol :lol
They're letting him score

Blue&Orange
06-15-2015, 07:45 AM
[QUOTE=J Shuttlesworth]ESPN Stats & Info
@ESPNStatsInfo

TheReturn
06-15-2015, 07:51 AM

:lol Yeah pushing the pace vs this GS team would be a great idea.. :facepalm

Jon_Koncak
06-15-2015, 07:53 AM
There was a play in the 4th where Cavs moved the ball so quickly,Lebron made a cut,got it from Delavedova immediately gave it to Smith then back to Lebron then to Schubert for an open 3.It was beautiful,Wariors couldnt do anythin.They should try these kind of plays more often,instead of the old Lebron holds the ball for 20 secs iso stuff.

ninephive
06-15-2015, 09:26 AM
To average a triple double, Lebron needs to average 13 APG over the next 2 games. Or he would need to put up 16 AST in G6 if they lose.

To get the "Lary Bird triple double" (rounded up to whole numbers), he would to average 11.5 APG over the last 2 games or put up 13 AST in G6 if they end up losing.

MP.Trey
06-15-2015, 09:31 AM
Empty stats, team lost.
Poor efficiency.

Should be feeding his dominant bigs. What a hog

What dominant bigs?

TT certainly is not dominant offensively, it takes him two pump fakes and three pivots just to get a shot up in the paint sometimes and Mozgov barely played. The only dominant big on offense playing most of the game was LeBron when he played PF/C.

3ball
06-15-2015, 09:33 AM
Unlike in 2011, you cannot hate on Lebron for this finals. If the NBA to make an exception in handing FMVP to a player from losing team...this might be the year.
Yes you can.. He choked Game 4 of this year's Finals when he had a chance to go up 3-1

The JKidd Kid
06-15-2015, 10:02 AM

Just no. Absolutely not. That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

pegasus
06-15-2015, 10:03 AM
Yes you can.. He choked Game 4 of this year's Finals when he had a chance to go up 3-1
This. I don't understand why his fans think he should be given a free pass for choking in the biggest game of the season. 3-1 would have sealed the deal for them.

ArbitraryWater
06-15-2015, 10:08 AM
This. I don't understand why his fans think he should be given a free pass for choking in the biggest game of the season. 3-1 would have sealed the deal for them.

:oldlol: show me a single player that hasn't had a bad game in a fnals series.. that was his only poor effort.. you guys expect 40 point triple doubles every game, thanks for declaring him GOAT, then.

pegasus
06-15-2015, 10:23 AM
:oldlol: show me a single player that hasn't had a bad game in a fnals series.. that was his only poor effort.. you guys expect 40 point triple doubles every game, thanks for declaring him GOAT, then.
He did the same thing in game 6 (final game) against Orlando in 2009. Had a great series but disappeared when he was most needed. I guess you guys have gotten used to it. Good for you.

branslowski
06-15-2015, 10:27 AM
So we roundin 8.8ast up to 9.4? And rounding up his fg% to 40?:biggums:

Give Kobe or Jordan that many fg attempts in the finals, sh!t let Curry have that many fg attempts in the finals per game and they'll all avg atleast 45ppg.

ArbitraryWater
06-15-2015, 10:29 AM
He did the same thing in game 6 (final game) against Orlando in 2009. Had a great series but disappeared when he was most needed. I guess you guys have gotten used to it. Good for you.

still waiting for that finals series where said player had 40 point triple doubles every game... yea, I am getting used to Bron doing that, did it in 2009, still at it 6 years later.

Give Kobe or Jordan that many fg attempts in the finals, sh!t let Curry have that many fg attempts in the finals per game and they'll all avg atleast 45ppg.

he changed the assists, and holy shit 39.9% is rounded to 40........WOW!!!

And FYI, MJ did take this many FGA in 1993, and averaged 41 ppg, you clown.

plowking
06-15-2015, 10:30 AM

MJ shot 5-19 in a closeout game in the finals, and here you are, pretending it didn't happen, and still slurping on his knob, some 20 years later.

Imagine if Bron played that poorly! You'd probably call him out on it. Oh wait, that already happened.

MEB2kDeez
06-15-2015, 11:20 AM

24.0 PPG (48.2% FG on 18.3 FGAs PG) 9.7 RPG, 9.5 APG, 2.7 SPG & 2.7 TOVs PG

Is Lebron close to this?

Some folks starting to forget how good Bird was lol, Larry Muhfuggin Legend!

3ball
06-15-2015, 11:31 AM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/6-05-2015/P5Zone.gif

Damn...

Lebron's stats aren't impressive considering he's just going 1-on-1 all alone on strongside.

All 4 help defenders are behind the far side of the paint on the weakside and therefore furthest from helping on Lebron's strongside actions, while leaving the paint wide open (as GIFs show above).

Even though all help defenders are furthest away from the strongside as possible, Lebron is only shooting 32.5% on isolations.. His low isolation efficiency is destroying his overall FG%, since isolations are the thing he does most often - he isolates 33.5% of his possessions, #1 in the league!

http://stats.nba.com/playtype/#!/isolation/?dir=1

Mr Feeny
06-15-2015, 02:18 PM

He shot 39.9%fg. Why WOULDN'T you round that up to 40%? Who taught you math?

r0drig0lac
06-15-2015, 04:23 PM

spurstalk without moderation is worse

Meticode
06-15-2015, 04:27 PM
Another thread about comparing apples to oranges.