PDA

View Full Version : Stephy Curry suffered dehydration after game 5

Knicksfever2010
06-15-2015, 01:19 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2015/06/15/stephen-curry-warriors-not-feeling-well-game-5-win/71236066/

Whats with NBA players suffering dehydration. Back in the 1990's when the Knicks were at war w/ the Bulls every year , you NEVER heard of this. Are NBA players softer? Less conditioned?

KungFuJoe
06-15-2015, 01:20 AM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/13079825/chicago-bulls-deal-san-antonio-spurs-assistant-jim-boylen-join-fred-hoiberg-coaching-staff

Whats with NBA players suffering dehydration. Back in the 1990's when the Knicks were at war w/ the Bulls every year , you NEVER heard of this. Are NBA players softer? Less conditioned?

The way Curry runs all over the court, I'm not surprised.

1987_Lakers
06-15-2015, 01:21 AM
Back in the 1990's when the Knicks were at war w/ the Bulls every year , you NEVER heard of this. Are NBA players softer? Less conditioned?

You never heard about this because back then there was no internet, twitter and all that other stuff. You can't do anything without being watched in today's world.

navy
1 full day rest till game 6. Maybe the Cavs can take advantage. Although, Im not sure if they have anything left in the tank.

Kvnzhangyay
I swear its the massive use of coffee nowadays

RedBlackAttack
06-15-2015, 01:24 AM
The way Curry runs all over the court, I'm not surprised.
Yes. And defending Matthew Dellavedova for 42 minutes is also very exhausting work. Curry is obviously pushing his body to its limits on both ends.

oh the horror
06-15-2015, 01:25 AM
I swear its the massive use of coffee nowadays

I was hearing something about that. Players sneaking coffee to ward off exhaustion or something.

Mr. Jabbar
06-15-2015, 01:39 AM
1 full day rest till game 6. Maybe the Cavs can take advantage. Although, Im not sure if they have anything left in the tank.

they fly almost 5 hrs from oakland to cleveland, 3 time zones between them, jet lag after jet lag, neither of these teams are getting "1 full rest day"

Jameerthefear
06-15-2015, 01:44 AM
Yes. And defending Matthew Dellavedova for 42 minutes is also very exhausting work. Curry is obviously pushing his body to its limits on both ends.
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Crimsonrain777
06-15-2015, 01:53 AM

really? why do people take you seriously?? that's what i'm trying to figure out

Jameerthefear
06-15-2015, 01:54 AM
really? why do people take you seriously? that's what i'm trying to figure out
You think defending Dellavedova is a tough job?

Crimsonrain777
06-15-2015, 01:56 AM
You think defending Dellavedova is a tough job?

:facepalm ...

of course not

Jameerthefear
06-15-2015, 02:01 AM
:facepalm ...

of course not
Then we agree on the same thing. What's your issue?

RedBlackAttack
06-15-2015, 02:08 AM
Sarcastic? Did you see Delly tonight?

I mean, sure... he played 42 minutes, had 5 points, and had as many turnovers as made FGs and assists (2), but Curry was obviously expending a ridiculous amount of energy trying to keep him from exploding for 10 points on 3-of-14 shooting like he did in the last game.

It's just one game, though... I'm sure Delly will come out with the same offensive explosiveness in Game 6 that we're accustomed to seeing out of him. I'm expecting at least 8 points on 35% shooting, especially being back home in Cleveland. Curry better rest up.

I will give Curry props for taking on the challenge of guarding Delly and not switching onto someone less talented offensively. That takes real guts.

KiiiiNG
06-15-2015, 02:12 AM
Sarcastic? Did you see Delly tonight?

I mean, sure... he played 42 minutes, had 5 points, and had as many turnovers as made FGs and assists (2), but Curry was obviously expending a ridiculous amount of energy trying to keep him from exploding for 10 points on 3-of-14 shooting like he did in the last game.

It's just one game, though... I'm sure Delly will come out with the same offensive explosiveness in Game 6 that we're accustomed to seeing out of him. I'm expecting at least 8 points on 35% shooting, especially being back home in Cleveland. Curry better rest up.
:roll:

told you it would bite you in the ass man. you got ahead of yourself the other day.

sbw19
06-15-2015, 02:22 AM
http://abload.de/img/dcq6ufs.png

sportjames23
06-15-2015, 02:23 AM
You never heard about this because back then there was no internet, twitter and all that other stuff. You can't do anything without being watched in today's world.

There was internet back in the 90s. And there was SportsCenter.

When the Flu Game happened, they showed MJ being treated for dehydration.

navy
06-15-2015, 02:26 AM
There was internet back in the 90s. And there was SportsCenter.

When the Flu Game happened, they showed MJ being treated for dehydration.
MJ didnt even have the Flu :lol

warriorfan
06-15-2015, 02:27 AM
The Dehydrated Game

KiiiiNG
06-15-2015, 02:28 AM
the thirsty game (sonya and stephs ugly wife)

:bowdown:

CJ Mustard
06-15-2015, 02:33 AM
:oldlol: Cavs fans are so salty.

Funktion
06-15-2015, 02:36 AM
At least it wasn't a period.

Heavincent
06-15-2015, 02:38 AM

Why are you so bitter?

Curry does do a lot of running around, ala Reggie Miller/Ray Allen. It takes tremendous stamina to play like that. That's why guys like that always have ridiculous workout regimens.

But yeah, Curry isn't shit. Dehydrated after playing 42 minutes of an intense Finals game? Pathetic.

Jameerthefear
06-15-2015, 02:41 AM
Why are you so bitter?

Curry does do a lot of running around, ala Reggie Miller/Ray Allen. It takes tremendous stamina to play like that. That's why guys like that always have ridiculous workout regimens.

But yeah, Curry isn't shit. Dehydrated after playing 42 minutes of an intense Finals game? Pathetic.
playing in the post/posting up is more exhausting imo.

FKAri
06-15-2015, 02:45 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2015/06/15/stephen-curry-warriors-not-feeling-well-game-5-win/71236066/

PED's

RedBlackAttack
06-15-2015, 02:49 AM
Why are you so bitter?

It should be pretty obvious why I'm a little bitter. This was the best chance for a Cleveland sports title in my lifetime coming into these playoffs. Then we lose Love and we had to sit and watch Kyrie slowly dwindle away with this broken kneecap until the first game of the Finals and *poof*... gone.

Now, I'm forced to watch LeBron try to drag a team that includes Matthew Dellavedova and James Jones playing ridiculous minutes across the finish line while the Warriors are completely healthy and they skip around and pose after every made shot.

It sucks, man... what can I say?

FKAri
06-15-2015, 02:51 AM
It should be pretty obvious why I'm a little bitter. This was the best chance for a Cleveland sports title in my lifetime coming into these playoffs. Then we lose Love and we had to sit and watch Kyrie slowly dwindle away with this broken kneecap until the first game of the Finals and *poof*... gone.

Now, I'm forced to watch LeBron try to drag a team that includes Matthew Dellavedova and James Jones playing ridiculous minutes across the finish line while the Warriors are completely healthy and they skip around and pose after every made shot.

Every team the Warriors met had injuries. It's a lucky run. But honestly most runs involve a healthy dose of luck.

Heavincent
06-15-2015, 02:58 AM

I understand the frustration, but you're mad that the Warriors are healthy? It's not pure luck that they're healthy. Nobody on the team averaged big minutes during the regular season, lots of 4th quarter rests, etc.

Also, they've been ravaged by injuries in prior years. ****in' way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't.

LeFraud James
06-15-2015, 02:59 AM
playing in the post/posting up is more exhausting imo.

Your opinion doesn't count you prepubescent fool.

TheBigVeto
06-16-2015, 03:57 AM

Curry was trying to get attention - he's just copying his daddy Delly.

SyRyanYang
06-16-2015, 04:00 AM

He barely guards Delly.
Good to know you don't actually watch the game:facepalm

Meticode
06-16-2015, 04:11 AM

Look at the bright-side. Right after the draft we were expecting a team of Irving, Wiggins, Waiters, Thompson, Bennett to lead this team. We weren't even imaging this moment of possibility less than 12 months ago.

bdreason
06-16-2015, 04:18 AM
Team runs better with Livingston at point anyways. Give Live some more minutes and play Curry off the ball. Klay can play the 3 for stretches.

Funktion
06-16-2015, 04:20 AM
Livingston definitely brings added energy when he's in, and doesn't make the dumb passes. Doubt he'll be a Warrior for long now.

RoseCity07
06-16-2015, 04:29 AM
The best athletes in the world have their limits. The fluid balance is really difficult to keep during a game. Think of Lebron and Curry as cars. They are both running that engine at the redline late in the game. Of course he's going to run into problems eventually playing at that level for extended periods of time.