PDA

View Full Version : Would Lebron James accept the FMVP Award if he were to win it but lose the series?

Fallen Angel
06-15-2015, 02:43 AM
This dude brags about how he's a team player and is gonna bring a championship to Cleveland, yet he would ultimately contradict himself accepting an individual award on a losing team effort.

He's essentially putting himself on a higher pedestal than his teammates even though he got rid of the headband and claimed the role of the coach/GM/older brother to his younger teammates.

What is he telling the city of Cleveland that expects a championship banner to be raised in the rafters that instead they can bask in the glory of a FMVP trophy with another L on the schedule. This is all but becoming a repeat of those late 2000s Cavalier years where they can't get over the playoff hump, but in return they can gloat about the greatness of an individual player about how he carried a sorry ass franchise.

Lebron's better off letting some player from Golden State winning the award, I don't even think this era of NBA fans would accept a player on a losing team to be crowned the FMVP. That achievement is just begging for an asterisk to be placed next to it.

Rocketswin2013
06-15-2015, 02:44 AM
Curry is getting it.

Real14
06-15-2015, 02:46 AM
Curry will accept it.

Harison
After Curry's GM5 nobody is giving FMVP to Lebron, even though he was the best player in the series.

DaSeba5
Curry is going to win it. This game seals it for Curry unless Iggy really goes off the next game or two (even then that's a stretch). Assuming they win the series (which I think they will).

navy
You do realize he has no say in the matter?

nba_55
06-15-2015, 02:48 AM
If LBJ doesn't win it, the guy winning it shouldn't accept it.

Fallen Angel
06-15-2015, 02:51 AM
You do realize he has no say in the matter?
You're not required to get on stage and have a press conference to accept an award

It's never happened, but I can imagine there's a small fine that goes with it. The league would probably mail the trophy to Lebron if he doesn't take it with him, from there he would do with it what he pleases.

BarberSchool
06-15-2015, 02:54 AM
Closest Bron's gonna get to this opportunity, is when Steph Curry, while holding the FMVP trophy, in celebration, very classy in victory, mentions quickly how LeBron was so incredibly valuable to his team, in defeat.

That is all.

BarberSchool
06-15-2015, 02:56 AM
If LBJ doesn't win it, the guy winning it shouldn't accept it.this isn't your 3rd grade sister's soccer league, dude. Losers don't get trophies in the NBA.

konex
06-15-2015, 02:57 AM
The LeBron dick-riders in the media that want to give it to him even if he loses are embarrassing.

nba_55
06-15-2015, 02:59 AM
this isn't your 3rd grade sister's soccer league, dude. Losers don't get trophies in the NBA.

Nash got 2 MVPs, Rose has 1.

Doranku
06-15-2015, 03:02 AM
26/6/5 is too good of a stat line to not get FMVP if the Warriors win. Especially with this game 5 performance in recent memory.

Straight_Ballin
06-15-2015, 03:05 AM
Nash got 2 MVPs, Rose has 1.

And the NBA has since learned the errors of their ways.

It's now earned, not given and bron doesn't even have a case after Curry's game

BarberSchool
06-15-2015, 03:09 AM
Nash got 2 MVPs, Rose has 1.Thats truly incredible Nash and Rose won FMVP's, seeing they never played in finals. (Though Nash got robbed of one finals appearance by suspensions for leaving the bench)

Your boy deserved another few REGULAR SEASON MVP's, but if you genuinely think someone who shoots 38% on the losing team deserves FMVP, then, well, me and you are just plain ole different.

Pacquiao
06-15-2015, 03:12 AM
After Stephen Curry wins FMVP, he should say Lebron is 2-6 and 1-6 if not for Ray Allen saving his life.

Fallen Angel
06-15-2015, 03:15 AM
The media has been pushing Lebron as the best player in the series extremely hard, even forgoing his horrid efficiency.

I just feel if that Golden State closes out the series @ Cleveland and Lebron puts up another 35+ point triple double that the media voters will try to feel obligated to make Lebron the FMVP because he's at home and he put up historically great statline numbers.

Fallen Angel
06-15-2015, 03:17 AM
I do hope that Steph Curry brags about to bringing a championship to the Akron area if he were to win the series @ Cleveland.

coin24
06-15-2015, 03:19 AM
There is no way they award it to bran on a losing team. May aswel just stick it up there ass cause no one will respect that shit..
The only time a player on a losing team deserved it was in 2011..

Big di.ck curry got this:cheers:

BarberSchool
06-15-2015, 03:20 AM
I do hope that Steph Curry brags about to bringing a championship to the Akron area if he were to win the series @ Cleveland.
:roll: :roll: :bowdown:

ImKobe
06-15-2015, 03:32 AM
how is he the MVP? I thought MVP was about being the best player on the best team....it's not a stats award...

Lebron's numbers are cute but if his team isn't winning, who cares? Like I said prior to the series, Golden State can live with Lebron dropping an inefficient 40 points as long as you limit his teammates and score on the other end, which is what Golden State has been able to do pretty much every game but Game 3. Series should have been over in 5 games if we're being honest but Warriors only have themselves to blame for losing in OT at home while Lebron goes 4/23 in the 2nd half.

Finals MVP should be a winner's award, just like the regular season MVP. Curry's Game 5 alone is amazing with the amount of clutch shots and difficult 3s he hit and the one that iced the game and pretty much the series...

Fallen Angel
06-15-2015, 03:39 AM
how is he the MVP?
Ask Jerry West, ESPN, Turner Sports, and other forms of the Nation Media that question.

toxicxr6
06-15-2015, 03:58 AM
Lebron is absolutely the most valuable player in this series.. Without question and it's not even close

Take curry out of the Warriors and the Warriors would still compete.. Take lebron out of the cavs and the cavs wouldn't even beat New York in a 7 game series.. Lebron is holding this series together all by himself..

I would not be surprised to see him win fmvp... If it was ever going to happen.. It's now.. He has been incredible this series..

And I say this and I don't like lebron

NumberSix
06-15-2015, 04:05 AM
I honestly don't think they would give a player on a losing team the FMVP, even if the losing team's best player averaged 50/15/15 and the winning team's best player averaged 17/4/6.

The only way is if it goes to game 7 and Cleveland is leading going into the 4th quarter because votes are cast before the game is actually over. Voters aren't going to risk giving it to Fcuking Steph Curry in a possible Cleveland win.

sportjames23
06-15-2015, 06:49 AM
If LBJ doesn't win it, the guy winning it shouldn't accept it.

STFU

Kiddlovesnets
06-15-2015, 12:11 PM
He's gonna take it, Unlike most players in the league, Lebron is a businessman and he knows what he's doing. FMVP in a loss still better than absolutely nothing at all.

Hey Yo
06-15-2015, 12:25 PM
It was a dumb quote by Curry because by his criteria, LeBron's already brought 2 to Akron.

Fallen Angel
06-15-2015, 12:37 PM
It was a dumb quote by Curry because by his criteria, LeBron's already brought 2 to Akron.
There's a difference with dedicating a championship win to the city of Akron, Ohio from the confines of South Beach than it is to do it in Cleveland.

Hey Yo
06-15-2015, 12:42 PM
There's a difference with dedicating a championship win to the city of Akron, Ohio from the confines of South Beach than it is to do it in Cleveland.
So if GS wins, it's OK coming from the confines of Oakland.....but not South Beach???

Fallen Angel
06-15-2015, 12:53 PM
So if GS wins, it's OK coming from the confines of Oakland.....but not South Beach???
I clearly stated that if Steph Curry were to win the series @ (aka at; aka located in; aka Game 6) Cleveland I'd enjoy if he were to dedicate the win to the Akron area.