PDA

View Full Version : 01 Iverson did more for his team than 15 Lebron.

Real14
06-15-2015, 06:32 AM
FACTS.

01 Iverson put his team on his back throughout the whole season with only one fading all star which his team acquired after all star weekend 2001.

01 Iverson led his team to number 1 seed, won all star mvp, won season mvp, and led team to the finals.

01 Iverson led his team to a one game win against the defending champs lakers in the finals as he helped his team by giving the Shaq, Kobe lakers their only loss of the postseason.

http://espn.go.com/media/nba/2001/0606/photo/s_iverson_ti.jpg

http://image.dnevnik.hr/media/images/300x330/Apr2015/61071521-lebron-james.jpg

15 Bron had help throughout the season with two all stars that eventually help the cavs capture number 2 seed in the EAST. He was also 3rd place in MVP voting too.

15 Bron didn't put his team on his back until the 2015 east semis - 2015 nba finals when his two all star teammates became injured.

15 Bron is going against a team who lost 5 games already this postseason, a team that's nowhere as talented as the 01 lakers too.

There you have it folks. What do you think ISH??

Teanett
06-15-2015, 06:36 AM
bullsh!t

Real14
06-15-2015, 06:39 AM
bullsh!t
How?:confusedshrug:

Teanett
06-15-2015, 06:43 AM
How?:confusedshrug:

Motumbo wasnt a "fading all star".
He was DPOY and All NBA 2nd team that year.

sportjames23
06-15-2015, 06:43 AM
bullsh!t

Elaborate.

Real14
06-15-2015, 06:48 AM
Motumbo wasnt a "fading all star".
He was DPOY and All NBA 2nd team that year.

He still was a fading all star man, he wasn't in his prime anymore.

Teanett
06-15-2015, 07:05 AM
He still was a fading all star man, he wasn't in his prime anymore.

he was still the best defensive player in the game.
i watched him render the all star frontline of brian grant and anthony mason to midgets, completely shutting down the paint.

he was the 4th best player in that series.

who's lebron's best teammate? mozgov? thompson?
there's at least 5 warriors better than them in this series.

Real14
06-15-2015, 07:10 AM
he was still the best defensive player in the game.
i watched him render the all star frontline of brian grant and anthony mason to midgets, completely shutting down the paint.

he was the 4th best player in that series.

who's lebron's best teammate? mozgov? thompson?
there's at least 5 warriors better than them in this series.

Mutombo was killed by Shaq in the finals tho right? Plus like I said Iverson led that team the whole season while LeBron had more help. Plus LeBron have better role players than Iverson too. Just admit it bro.

nzahir
06-15-2015, 07:35 AM
Mutombo was killed by Shaq in the finals tho right? Plus like I said Iverson led that team the whole season while LeBron had more help. Plus LeBron have better role players than Iverson too. Just admit it bro.
Who scored more? Who had more rebounds and assists by a wide margin?

Just stop being dumb

Real14
06-15-2015, 08:10 AM
Who scored more? Who had more rebounds and assists by a wide margin?

Just stop being dumb

I'm dumb but your dumb ass wont admit that I'm stating nothing but facts in my OP. Plus Iverson had more injuries and played through them too.

HylianNightmare
06-15-2015, 08:11 AM
I'm an iverson Stan,and no he didn't

Real14
06-15-2015, 08:16 AM
I'm an iverson Stan,and no he didn't

No REAL Iverson stan would say some shit like you just said man. Iverson was the best pound for pound, played through injuries that year with worse role players than LeBron have this year. Plus Iverson was only 5'10 so that means it was wayyy worse for him to lead compared to so called great LeBron. Don't forget about how soft the league is now compared to 2001 too.

Real Men Wear Green
06-15-2015, 08:32 AM
The way some of you obsess with hatred over someone that doesn't know who you are is pathetic. Being an idiot doesn't help either.

ImKobe
06-15-2015, 08:34 AM
here's a run down of AI's Playoff run

Beat the Pacers with Rose, Miller, Jermaine O'Neal in the first round, the same core of the team that went to the Finals and almost pushed the Lakers to 7 games in 2000

Beat the Raptors with prime Vince, Antonio Davis, Oakley in 7 games, 16-assist performance in Game 7 + two 50+ pt games in the series

Beat the Bucks with prime Ray Allen, Sam Cassell, Glenn Robinson, Tim Thomas, 44/6/7/3 on 52% shooting in the closeout game

had a 3 game run of 46, 44 and 48 points with the last 2 games of the Bucks series and Game 1 of the Finals, averaging 46/4/5/3 on 46/52/90 shooting

AI averaged 36 ppg on 49%TS in the Finals while Bran is averaging 37 ppg on 48%TS

difference is that one guy is below 6 ft and weighs about a 100 pounds less while the other guy is a 6-8 beast who gets single coverage and is given open jump shots to prevent him from going to the rim. AI mostly shot contested jump shots and had to work hard to get to the rim and finish over guys that were a foot taller than him. And they were both virtually identical at scoring the basketball at a similar volume. Lebron won a Finals game while going 4/23 in the 2nd half, 2/12 in 4th + OT

Iverson's game 1 with 48/5/6 + 5 stls on 44% shooting (with clutch baskets in 4th + OT) is better than any Game of Lebron's in the Warriors' series. Stacking rebounds and assists is cute but there wasn't a single game where we saw Lebron put the team on his back in crunch time to carry them to a W. Cavs are already eliminated if Dellavedova doesn't grab the offensive rebound and doesn't make the FTs.

AI had 14 games of 30 or more points, 6 games of 44 or more points, Lebron so far has 11 games of 30+ points, one game with 44 points.

that's called CARRYING a team.

Jameerthefear
06-15-2015, 08:39 AM
OP is a complete drooling retard.

Real14
06-15-2015, 08:50 AM
OP is a complete drooling retard.
Are you suppose to be in school man?:biggums:

Real14
06-15-2015, 08:55 AM
The way some of you obsess with hatred over someone that doesn't know who you are is pathetic. Being an idiot doesn't help either.

Are you a bron fan sir? This has nothing to do with how I feel about LeBron. All I did was state facts in the OP. This is a legit argument, 01 Iverson is very underrated, and some of these answers in this thread prove it.

Real14
06-15-2015, 09:01 AM

Beat the Pacers with Rose, Miller, Jermaine O'Neal in the first round, the same core of the team that went to the Finals and almost pushed the Lakers to 7 games in 2000

Beat the Raptors with prime Vince, Antonio Davis, Oakley in 7 games, 16-assist performance in Game 7 + two 50+ pt games in the series

Beat the Bucks with prime Ray Allen, Sam Cassell, Glenn Robinson, Tim Thomas, 44/6/7/3 on 52% shooting in the closeout game

had a 3 game run of 46, 44 and 48 points with the last 2 games of the Bucks series and Game 1 of the Finals, averaging 46/4/5/3 on 46/52/90 shooting

AI averaged 36 ppg on 49%TS in the Finals while Bran is averaging 37 ppg on 48%TS

difference is that one guy is below 6 ft and weighs about a 100 pounds less while the other guy is a 6-8 beast who gets single coverage and is given open jump shots to prevent him from going to the rim. AI mostly shot contested jump shots and had to work hard to get to the rim and finish over guys that were a foot taller than him. And they were both virtually identical at scoring the basketball at a similar volume. Lebron won a Finals game while going 4/23 in the 2nd half, 2/12 in 4th + OT

Iverson's game 1 with 48/5/6 + 5 stls on 44% shooting (with clutch baskets in 4th + OT) is better than any Game of Lebron's in the Warriors' series. Stacking rebounds and assists is cute but there wasn't a single game where we saw Lebron put the team on his back in crunch time to carry them to a W. Cavs are already eliminated if Dellavedova doesn't grab the offensive rebound and doesn't make the FTs.

AI had 14 games of 30 or more points, 6 games of 44 or more points, Lebron so far has 11 games of 30+ points, one game with 44 points.

Excellent post:applause: . Iverson gets so much disrespect here that its not even funny man:facepalm

Bankaii
06-15-2015, 09:10 AM
I'm probably the biggest Iverson fan on this forum and no he didn't. What they did in the east because going by records Lebron faces better comp. What AI did in game 1 was GOAT tier but after Kobe stopped crapping the bed the Lakers destroyed them. They're scoring about equally but Lebron is averaging 13 rebounds and getting his teammates involved.

Real Men Wear Green
06-15-2015, 09:15 AM
Are you a bron fan sir? This has nothing to do with how I feel about LeBron. All I did was state facts in the OP. This is a legit argument, 01 Iverson is very underrated, and some of these answers in this thread prove it.
I'm just pointing out that you have an unhealthy obsession with James. Also, you're an idiot. That's why you wrack your pathetic brain for ways to attack James. AI might have done more for his team than James did in this year in that one particular year. He also might not have. There generally isn't a big difference when two guys are both playing at an MVP level. Your hate for James however consistently provides us with hating topics. You wouldn't be thinking about this comparison if you didn't hate James.

I like James in the same way that I liked Nique, Iverson, McGrady, etc. I'm a basketball fan and like to watch great players. James is a great player. One of the greatest ever, in fact. A fact that appears to be driving you partially insane.

ImKobe
06-15-2015, 09:23 AM
I'm probably the biggest Iverson fan on this forum and no he didn't. What they did in the east because going by records Lebron faces better comp. What AI did in game 1 was GOAT tier but after Kobe stopped crapping the bed the Lakers destroyed them. They're scoring about equally but Lebron is averaging 13 rebounds and getting his teammates involved.

lol at records

Pacers with Miller averaging 31 a game in the series + prime Jalen Rose, young Jermaine O'Neal before injuries is easily better than Boston

Raptors with prime VC were a much more potent team offensively while the Bulls only got 1 game of healthy Pau Gasol, who missed 2 games of the series and played injured/on limited minutes the rest of the way

Hawks without Korver and Sefolosha are easily worse than prime Ray Allen, Sam Cassell, Glenn Robinson, who were coached by George Karl, who had prior Playoff success with Seattle, taking the Bulls to 6 games in the 96 Finals.

And you look at the closeout games, must win games in the first 3 rounds. Iverson was at his best. Whether it was putting up 40-50 points or dropping dimes, he wasn't as one-dimensional as people make him out to be.

Lebron overall is the better and more consistent player, but AI's 2001 run is more impressive than Lebron's run in my opinion because of the strength of his opponents and how he managed to go off on every team for 40-50 points in big games. He had a 45+ point game in every Playoff series. It's not like he was able to just abuse one team. Look at the players on the teams he did beat. Reggie Miller, Vince Carter, Ray Allen and Shaq/Kobe are better than Isiah Thomas, Jimmy Butler, Al Horford and Curry, George Karl and Phil Jackson are more established than Thibs and Kerr, it's not even close.

chocolatethunder
06-15-2015, 09:34 AM
Are you suppose to be in school man?:biggums:
:biggums: only on ISH will you find such a fine display of stupidity and irony at the same time.

Dresta
06-15-2015, 09:49 AM
Iverson's 01 run and Bron's 15 are actually pretty similar, even both of their incredibly inefficient shooting numbers, except Lebron brings much more on the boards and defensive end.

I do find it funny that Bron stans would never give credit to Wade for his 06 title, and refuse to admit how much more impressive it was than any Lebron title, simply because of washed-up Shaq. Well, Bron is playing with two guys (TT & Mozgov), who combined in this finals, to have considerably more impact than Shaq did in his, and if Lebron were putting up 35 ppg (as Wade did), on even decent efficiency, the Cavs would likely be winning this series.

But he isn't: he's shooting like red-hot shit, and people think that is deserving of an excuse - two NBA finals now he's shot sub 49 TS% (and he choked away a title for Miami in 2011). Why shouldn't these embarrassments affect how people rank him?

I wonder, i wonder, why exactly the man didn't bother to put in this kind of effort in 2014? I haven't see him play this hard, like, ever (pity about the talent decline). He remains ranked below Hakeem for me, who still did in 1994, something that Lebron has shown himself incapable of doing, time and time again.

ImKobe
06-15-2015, 09:54 AM
but but look at his rebounds and assist numbers!!!

assists are overrated when you hold the ball for 23 seconds for more than half the game and pass it off to a teammate

rebounds are easy for a 6-8 260 guy when the opposing team is playing small ball with 6-6 guys in the front court

y'all see him airball 3s and brick a ton of jumpers and don't say a thing, next minute he manages to shake off Green or score over Klay he's a GOAT

unknowns8
06-15-2015, 09:56 AM

i started sayin "yeah .... fugg yeah" to your point but the idiot call made me :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

:cheers: :applause: correct and amusing, well played

Bankaii
06-15-2015, 10:31 AM
lol at records

Pacers with Miller averaging 31 a game in the series + prime Jalen Rose, young Jermaine O'Neal before injuries is easily better than Boston

Raptors with prime VC were a much more potent team offensively while the Bulls only got 1 game of healthy Pau Gasol, who missed 2 games of the series and played injured/on limited minutes the rest of the way

Hawks without Korver and Sefolosha are easily worse than prime Ray Allen, Sam Cassell, Glenn Robinson, who were coached by George Karl, who had prior Playoff success with Seattle, taking the Bulls to 6 games in the 96 Finals.

And you look at the closeout games, must win games in the first 3 rounds. Iverson was at his best. Whether it was putting up 40-50 points or dropping dimes, he wasn't as one-dimensional as people make him out to be.

Lebron overall is the better and more consistent player, but AI's 2001 run is more impressive than Lebron's run in my opinion because of the strength of his opponents and how he managed to go off on every team for 40-50 points in big games. He had a 45+ point game in every Playoff series. It's not like he was able to just abuse one team. Look at the players on the teams he did beat. Reggie Miller, Vince Carter, Ray Allen and Shaq/Kobe are better than Isiah Thomas, Jimmy Butler, Al Horford and Curry, George Karl and Phil Jackson are more established than Thibs and Kerr, it's not even close.
Did you really just say lol at records? Yes let's completely disband 82 games which can decide if a team wins the championship due to their seed. The Warriors=Celtics because 67wins=42 wins. And quit pretending like VC was some increible feat. '15 Bulls>'01 Raptors. And even before Korver went down the Hawks were getting rekt. I believe that AI in the playoffs was a incredible and I'm not diminishing any of that. I'm speaking specifically in the Finals where it's obvious Lebron has had a greater impact outside of AI's game 1.

And lol at you saying lets just forget Bronny's assists and rebound. Screw his defense too, and intangibles, the only thing that matters is points! Kobe stand are hilarious. Magic isn't a top 10 goat because he was a 6'9 PG so all his assists, rebounds, and even points are irrelevant because he was taller than his opponents.

For once put your stupid standom aside and recognize the greatness Lebron is doing. Kobe had his time, now it's Lebron's. Get over it.

francesco totti
06-15-2015, 10:42 AM
AI is my favorite player of all time, I used to jump from team to team and cheer wherever he went too.

But no, just no. What Lebron is doing is of higher note.
He is basically averaging near 40 points, and triple double.

Real14
06-15-2015, 10:45 AM
:biggums: only on ISH will you find such a fine display of stupidity and irony at the same time.

It was a damn mistake you salty dumbass:coleman:

The JKidd Kid
06-15-2015, 10:51 AM
Allen Iverson 2001 Finals: Record 1-4 against 56 Win Team
35.6 PPG 5.6 RPG 3.8 APG .407 FG% .282 3pt% 1.8 Stls .2 Blk

Lebron 2015 Finals: Record 2-3 against 67 Win Team
36.6 PPG 12.4 RPG 8.8 APG .399 FG% .344 3pt% 1.2 Stls .6 Blk

Lets not mention Phillys supporting cast of actual NBA players including Dikembe Mutumbo himself.

Mr. Jabbar
06-15-2015, 10:59 AM
Ima huge lebron fan but op is right

KevinNYC
06-15-2015, 12:38 PM
FACTS.

01 Iverson put his team on his back throughout the whole season with only one fading all star which his team acquired after all star weekend 2001.

01 Iverson led his team to number 1 seed, won all star mvp, won season mvp, and led team to the finals.

01 Iverson led his team to a one game win against the defending champs lakers in the finals as he helped his team by giving the Shaq, Kobe lakers their only loss of the postseason.
Guys who use the Wins Produced stat to measure players (http://wagesofwins.com/2013/01/15/yeh-points-allen-iverson-what-was-the-question/), call this the Yay, Points argument.

It’s no secret that Iverson is hardly a WoW favorite. But Iverson still gets a lot of respect from mainstream hoops fans, who wonder why the former MVP doesn’t have an NBA job right now. In this installment of “Numbers Nostalgia,” I’ll take a look at The Answer, and see what the numbers tell us. As always, all facts and figures are courtesy of theNBAGeek.com

Editor’s Note: The two metrics we’ll use are Wins Produced, which estimates how many wins a player earned for their team. The other metric is Points over Par per 48 minutes (PoP48), which estimates how many extra points a team could expect to win (or lose) by if the player played the full game.

1) AI won the MVP in 2000-2001, when “he took the 76ers to the NBA Finals”. How good was he that year?

Not very good. AI produced 4.8 Wins in nearly 3,000 minutes of play, which works out to a below-average PoP48 of -0.8

His Wins Produced total tied him for 5th on the team, with his backcourt mate Eric Snow (whom my wife always refers to as “The Serial Killer” for his scary facial expressions), and Snow played 21 fewer games. AI trailed Theo Ratliff (who suffered a season-ending injury after 50 games and was traded), Dikembe Mutombo (who only played 26 games for the 76ers that year, albeit at a superstar clip of +6.5 PoP48), Tyrone Hill (AKA “The Walking Dead”), Aaron McKie, and Wins Produced leader and unlikely star George Lynch, who produced 11.3 Wins at a PoP48 of +3.3

The 76ers won 56 games, but would have been even better if they kept AI on the bench, allowed McKie to play SG, and started the immortal Jumaine Jones instead, who had a PoP48 of +2.5 in consistent minutes.

Real14
06-15-2015, 04:45 PM
Allen Iverson 2001 Finals: Record 1-4 against 56 Win Team
35.6 PPG 5.6 RPG 3.8 APG .407 FG% .282 3pt% 1.8 Stls .2 Blk

Lebron 2015 Finals: Record 2-3 against 67 Win Team
36.6 PPG 12.4 RPG 8.8 APG .399 FG% .344 3pt% 1.2 Stls .6 Blk

Lets not mention Phillys supporting cast of actual NBA players including Dikembe Mutumbo himself.

01 lakers are wayyy better than the 15 warriors and you know it man so don't waste my time. I said in the OP also that Iverson put his team on his back the entire season and postseason, Lebron only did that for 3 damn rounds in the postseason after his all star teammates helped him get that that number 2 seed in the first place. You think bron would be in the finals right now if irving and love didn't play the whole season?

Real14
06-15-2015, 04:47 PM
Ima huge lebron fan but op is right
Thanks bro, I can't believe people are not giving 01 Iverson his credit tho.

Real14
06-15-2015, 04:48 PM
KEVINNYC, you know damn well that the 01 sixers would be a lottery team if Iverson was on the bench. How could you even say something like that?:biggums:

Kvnzhangyay
06-15-2015, 04:50 PM
KEVINNYC, you know damn well that the 01 sixers would be a lottery team if Iverson was on the bench. How could you even say something like that?:biggums:

Acting like the Cavs wouldn't with all these injuries and with no Bron?

ZMonkey11
06-15-2015, 04:58 PM
Stopped reading after your rebuttal to the "stop being dumb comment"

OP, you should probably stop being dumb.

ralph_i_el
06-15-2015, 05:00 PM
The mental gymnastics are real

Real14
06-15-2015, 05:03 PM
Stopped reading after your rebuttal to the "stop being dumb comment"

OP, you should probably stop being dumb.

What's your problem man? I thought we were cool since we always agreed that Isiah Thomas is one of the most underrated players in NBA history? Now you want to talk shit? You act like I said nothing but lies in the OP:coleman:

Real14
06-15-2015, 05:04 PM
The mental gymnastics are real

You being a salty phuck is REAL. Stop talking about yourself man.

riseagainst
06-15-2015, 05:06 PM
OP is a dumbass, no wonder he's a knicks fan.

Real14
06-15-2015, 05:09 PM
OP is a dumbass, no wonder he's a knicks fan.

What's your problem man? Tell us why u think I'm wrong about 01 Iverson.

OnFire
06-15-2015, 05:20 PM

yea well you aren't arguing pound for pound you are arguing who did more. his height doesn't mean shit. you just posted they had same amount of points but lebron is getting triple doubles most games.

Ai2death
06-15-2015, 05:20 PM
It's funny how 'ImKobe' had the most logical post all thread yet all the Bran stans want to focus on the stupid comments by other posters completely disregarding the only legit post.

:facepalm

Real14
06-15-2015, 05:32 PM
yea well you aren't arguing pound for pound you are arguing who did more. his height doesn't mean shit. you just posted they had same amount of points but lebron is getting triple doubles most games.

That's bullshit and you know it, imagine if Iverson was 6'8 bro. Plus Lebron wasn't doing this the whole season, Iverson did through the whole damn season and he was season MVP of the league.

Real14
06-15-2015, 05:33 PM
It's funny how 'ImKobe' had the most logical post all thread yet all the Bran stans want to focus on the stupid comments by other posters completely disregarding the only legit post.

:facepalm

The only legit post? I didn't say any facts man?:biggums:

ralph_i_el
06-15-2015, 05:57 PM
You being a salty phuck is REAL. Stop talking about yourself man.

What it's like to be a knicks fan:
http://i.imgur.com/in3SLma.png

ralph_i_el
06-15-2015, 06:00 PM
That's bullshit and you know it, imagine if Iverson was 6'8 bro. Plus Lebron wasn't doing this the whole season, Iverson did through the whole damn season and he was season MVP of the league.

He'd still be a mediocre chucker, but he'd slower and less agile.

KevinNYC
06-15-2015, 08:46 PM
Except I argue the exact opposite. The 01 Sixers did a lot of things you need to do to win ball games. The Iverson dragged this team to the Finals and had no help is nonsense. He shot under 39% from the floor in the playoffs. He took 35.55% of his teams shots and scored 34.01% of their points.

If you look at win shares, he was second on his team in the playoffs. Second.
You may not like that stat, but it should tell you something else was going on with that team other than Iverson putting them on his back. They were the 4th best rebounding team in the league that year and were 5th in offensive rebounds. That is very, very handy when your top scorer is shooting 30 times a night and hitting less than 39% of his shots.

JohnFreeman
06-15-2015, 08:48 PM
:roll:

tmacattack33
06-15-2015, 09:01 PM
FACTS.

http://espn.go.com/media/nba/2001/0606/photo/s_iverson_ti.jpg

http://image.dnevnik.hr/media/images/300x330/Apr2015/61071521-lebron-james.jpg

15 Bron had help throughout the season with two all stars that eventually help the cavs capture number 2 seed in the EAST. He was also 3rd place in MVP voting too.

15 Bron didn't put his team on his back until the 2015 east semis - 2015 nba finals when his two all star teammates became injured.

15 Bron is going against a team who lost 5 games already this postseason, a team that's nowhere as talented as the 01 lakers too.

There you have it folks. What do you think ISH??

Playoffs >>> Reg Season

2015 Lebron >>> 2001 Iverson

Ai2death
06-15-2015, 11:30 PM
The only legit post? I didn't say any facts man?:biggums:

Don't take it to heart, he just made the most convincing case, you sounded more like a troll, sorry

Straight_Ballin
06-15-2015, 11:53 PM

It's pretty sad that this current era of soft fans has to be educated to the point of being able to understand what the definition of carrying means. :lol They actually think that Bron carried the 15 cavs more than AI did the 01 sixers.

Ignorance is bliss.

Simple Jack
06-16-2015, 12:04 AM
Who the hell analyzes the game on a pound-for-pound basis? We going to start putting Early Boykins and Mugsy in Top 10 lists soon?

Iverson's team was better than Bron's current team these finals and it's really not even close.

And AI did carry the team through the regular season, but who is debating that? The issue OP brought up implies a focus on the Finals and LeBron is doing more, with less, than anyone in NBA history.

Living Being
06-16-2015, 12:14 AM
Iverson didn't flash his junk on national television. Technically, LeBron did more.

Iverson is definitely the guy who would've scored at the end of game 1, though, unlike LeBail who was scared to drive against Iguodala.

ai9
06-16-2015, 01:57 AM
They were the 4th best rebounding team in the league that year and were 5th in offensive rebounds. That is very, very handy when your top scorer is shooting 30 times a night and hitting less than 39% of his shots.

Not to take away from Mutombo, Tyrone Hill and all those guys, but they wouldn't have been top 5 in offensive rebounds without Iverson's shots in the first place. Iverson drew so much defensive attention that his teammates were able to grab easy put backs when he missed. His misses were almost like an assist.

ImKobe
06-16-2015, 02:53 AM

AI faced better competition, had better scoring games and he had less help overall, so Lebron's assists and rebounds aren't good enough to make up for that...

We all know who the better player is, the question is, who did more in their respective runs.... both got their team to the Finals and both lost to a team (Cavs will lose) that they had no chance beating anyways, but both had great games in the series with AI's Game 1 being better than any game Lebron had the entire playoff run.

one went up against prime Shaq and prime Kobe, who went undefeated against great teams in the West and who both averaged 30+ efficient points a game in the Playoffs at that point, and he somehow managed to win a game on their home court while dropping 48 points 5 rebounds 6 assists and 5 steals

Like I said, AI at the end of the day did more for his team, his higher scoring games back up my claims. He had some horrible games in losses sure, but he had a ton of great games that got his team to the Finals and was the only guy who won a game against the Lakers while Blazers, Kings and Spurs couldn't.

AI had big numbers himself

32/4/7/2 against Indiana

34/4/7/3 against Toronto

31/5/7/2 against Milwaukee

36/6/4/2 against LA

Lebron's numbers are better overall, but AI achieving the same result with a worse supporting cast and going up against better teams means he gets the edge here. The title isn't "who was the better player in their respective runs", it's "who did more", AI had to do more considering his roster and the level of competition he faced. He faced a better team in every single round.

Real14
06-16-2015, 11:37 AM
Don't take it to heart, he just made the most convincing case, you sounded more like a troll, sorry
He did made a good case, but you have to ignore the fact that I cant stand LeBron and look at the facts more man. Read my facts again and tell me how is that trolling. Seriously bro.