PDA

View Full Version : Switch Iggy and Shumpert

sundizz
06-15-2015, 01:14 PM
And GS would still win. Bron would make Iggy into a stand in the corner shooter. GS offense with Shump getting easy looks off movement wouldn't miss a beat.

plowking
06-15-2015, 01:15 PM
They're about equal level players, so what does it matter?

Rocketswin2013
06-15-2015, 01:24 PM
I know you've put all your brain power(however little) into this this theory, but I have to tell you, Cleveland would get blown out by 40 using some stupid "free flowing" offense. The entire reason they've even been in this series is because of the slow pace that has kept GS out if transition, where they are most effective. Even then, with this offense where LeBron does everything, guys were still missing wide-open shots.

I'm not even mentioning how bad it would be for Cleveland's offense to let Shump and Delly to attack GS with the ball in their hands consistently. I'm.mentioning the defensive effect. There's a reason Klay Thompson has only had one good offensive game and Curry struggled a bit for stretches.

Heavincent
06-15-2015, 01:27 PM

Dude, just stop. I know you hate Iguodala for some weird reason, but this is absurd.

Playoff stats:

Iguodala - 10/5/4 on 47% shooting
Shumpert - 9/5/1 on 37% shooting

Career:

Iguodala - 14/6/5 on 46% shooting
Shumpert - 8/4/2 on 40% shooting

And Iguodala is clearly a better defender.

Yeah, equal level players :oldlol: :facepalm

Teanett
06-15-2015, 01:28 PM
:roll:

Jailblazers7
06-15-2015, 01:40 PM
I think it would certainly make the series more interesting. It would dramatically alter the strategies being played right now. GS couldn't get away with running the small ball line-up that has won them the past two games. Iggy would be a great defender to throw at Klay and they could spend even more time focusing on Curry. GS probably has to run a big in most line-ups which makes it easier to play Thompson and Mozgov together.

Plus it gives the Cavs some playmaking skills that they clearly lack with Shump/JR/Delly. I think it'd be enough to swing the series given how things have played out but you can never say for sure.

MiseryCityTexas
06-15-2015, 02:43 PM

No way. Iggy even at his current age is still waaaaay better than Shumpert. Iman, in these finals, is showing why the Knicks didn't hesitate in trading him.

MEB2kDeez
06-15-2015, 03:01 PM
:facepalm

warriorfan
06-15-2015, 03:05 PM
Dude, just stop. I know you hate Iguodala for some weird reason, but this is absurd.

Playoff stats:

Iguodala - 10/5/4 on 47% shooting
Shumpert - 9/5/1 on 37% shooting

Career:

Iguodala - 14/6/5 on 46% shooting
Shumpert - 8/4/2 on 40% shooting

And Iguodala is clearly a better defender.

Yeah, equal level players :oldlol: :facepalm

Plowking has a point. Put Shumpert in Iguodala's shoes and he scores at least 14 ppg, probably more. Put Iguodala in Shumpert's shoes and he is going to put up 8 ppg, probably less.

HurricaneKid
06-15-2015, 03:45 PM
Well take Iggy off GSW and they don't have a player that can possibly guard LBJ 1on1. So yeah, it absolutely changes the series.

NBASTATMAN
06-15-2015, 03:54 PM

AI is better cuz he can actually run an offense.. He can't shoot unless he is wide open though..