PDA

View Full Version : "He has no choice but to shoot so much"

konex
06-15-2015, 10:38 PM
I never heard this defense for Kobe, AI or Melo from the mainstream sports media when they were playing with shitty teammates. In fact, Melo was killed for shooting too much playing with some of these same guys Bron is playing with.

:confusedshrug: :hammerhead:

SouBeachTalents
06-15-2015, 10:39 PM
I'm pretty sure nobody was giving Kobe in '06 or AI in '01 too much shit for shooting so often

jstern
06-15-2015, 10:41 PM
So what are you saying? That it's a conspiracy? That Kobe has to shoot a contested double teamed fadeaway, instead of passing it to a wide open teammate?

Lebron has to shoot this much. Kobe also if he was playing with this cast.

konex
06-15-2015, 10:42 PM
I'm pretty sure nobody was giving Kobe in '06 or AI in '01 too much shit for shooting so often

They were called selfish gunners

funnystuff
06-15-2015, 10:42 PM
"Kobe" "Shitty teammates" :roll:

the guy is the prima dona of the Nba, if his team isn't playing well an injury never fails to happen.

He isn't that frail.

jimmy77x
06-15-2015, 10:44 PM
So what are you saying? That it's a conspiracy? That Kobe has to shoot a contested double teamed fadeaway, instead of passing it to a wide open teammate?

Lebron has to shoot this much. Kobe also if he was playing with this cast.

No saying the media will do anything to spin whatever lebeta does as a positive/ not his fault. BSPN was so high on lebrons statpadding in miami, now not a single word on all the bullshit efficiency stats they pulled out of their asses now that he is inefficiently chucking.

SupermanOnSteroids
06-15-2015, 10:51 PM
its not like he isn't getting his teammates involved. the guy is averaging a near triple double. he's scoring because he knows he has to score. even with the whole warriors team gearing up to stop him. what else can he do? pass to JR Smith? Iman Schumpert?

SugarHill
06-15-2015, 10:55 PM
That's straight up the Kobe stan mantra in regards to his 35 PPG season

"who is he going to pass it to tho! Spush Parker?"

Funktion
06-15-2015, 10:56 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/funnymunny77/paine-lebron-history-3rdtry-0615_zpsfo2gjewh.png

Ne 1
06-15-2015, 10:59 PM
LeBron shooting 39% getting carried by his dominant front court. Sound familiar? :lol Their chickens have come home to roost.

SpecialQue
06-15-2015, 11:00 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/funnymunny77/paine-lebron-history-3rdtry-0615_zpsfo2gjewh.png

lol Durant nowhere to be found :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SugarHill
06-15-2015, 11:01 PM
lol Durant nowhere to be found :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
dat random westbrook sighting tho

SpecialQue
06-15-2015, 11:04 PM
dat random westbrook sighting tho

Yet somehow Durant gets a pass for failing. Westbrook breaking his back trying to carry this nigguh to a championship, meanwhile Durant gets all the props. It's bullshit.

BarberSchool
06-16-2015, 11:29 AM
Yet somehow Durant gets a pass for failing. Westbrook breaking his back trying to carry this nigguh to a championship, meanwhile Durant gets all the props. It's bullshit.If you think Westbrook is the better player than Durant, you're incredibly stupid.

CelticBaller
06-16-2015, 11:31 AM
If you think Westbrook is the better player than Durant, you're incredibly stupid.
for real :oldlol:

scm5
06-16-2015, 11:42 AM

They were, and that label followed Kobe around despite dropping his FGA/gm to 20-21 once he got Pau.

In comparison:

Westbrook shot 22FGA/gm this past season in much less minutes.

Lebron has always been at 18-21 FGA when not playing with the Heat who had two other legit stars/scorers.

KD has hovered right around 20 FGA his entire career.

Derka
06-16-2015, 11:50 AM
If Kobe or Melo were in this exact situation, no one outside of their haters would be crucifying them for it.

But Melo and Kobe chucking on shitty teams that went nowhere is not the same thing as Lebron losing his #2 and #3 scoring options to critical injuries DURING the playoffs and being shoehorned into the role of sole offensive facilitator during the NBA f*cking Finals. And its not like he's not getting his teammates involved; fact is, his guards are shooting like weeks-old dog shit.

Hey Yo
06-16-2015, 11:55 AM
LeBron shooting 39% getting carried by his dominant front court. Sound familiar? :lol Their chickens have come home to roost.
Shaq with 3 of the top 5 performances on that list. Which shows what everyone already knew....carried, not earned.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/7f/31/a4/7f31a432655601b5e84f45e41d27466b.jpg

Nash
06-16-2015, 11:59 AM
lolz the day Kobe manages to average 10 assists while shooting a lot is the day that.. well it will never happen.

Kblaze8855
06-16-2015, 12:00 PM
If you never heard the media explaining why Ai or Kobe shot a lot you just weren't watching basketball at the time. Did you not notice the media voting Iverson the MVP? Did you miss Kobe coverage coming before the mighty NFL after the conference championship games? Did you miss the wall to wall coverage of Kobe scoring streaks?

You going to just straight up lie and pretend most of the media wasn't going crazy over the scoring outbursts and readily explaining that he didn't have great teammates and had to carry them?

You miss the grown men getting giddy with excitement and giggling through highlights of Kobe hitting ridiculous fadeaway over the defenders during his scoring years?

Everybody knew why Iverson and Kobe shot a lot and people really got critical in retrospect. That's why when we were here in 2001 everybody was going crazy over Iverson in the playoffs and now you have 19 year olds don't remember it acting like he played poorly over shooting percentages.

At the height of their powers both of them we're getting love. Kobe more than AI obviously but both were among the most popular athletes in the world with legions of fans and media supporting that.

Melo? Not so much. But he was never as highly regarded a player as the other three.