PDA

View Full Version : I got a press pass for a music festival, how do i not mess this up?

unbreakable
06-16-2015, 04:01 PM
We are pleased to inform you that you have been approved to cover our tour on ******** in ******** This year we can accommodate for 1 ticket(s)​, 1 press pass(es), 0 photo pass(es)​, and 0 video pass(es). ​All passes will allow access to press area.

Please have ***unbreakable*** ​pick up the ticket(s) and passes from the guest list tent and continue to the press area to check in. All parties must be there to pick up their tickets/passes. Tickets/passes are non*transferrable. You MUST ​have a valid photo ID when checking in.

i applied for a freeticket/press pass saying i work for a music website , and they accepted me. all it says is "have valid ID".. mentions nothing about proving my credentials. what yall think? should i make a fake pass or lanyard for my website as well?

DeuceWallaces
06-16-2015, 04:06 PM
Actually having or working for a website would be the first step in messing it up.

oarabbus
06-16-2015, 04:07 PM
Better get yourself a photo ID

unbreakable
06-16-2015, 04:07 PM
Actually having or working for a website would be the first step in messing it up.

yea well they already accepted me and put me on the list so i figured they woulda told me no by now lol

unbreakable
06-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Better get yourself a photo ID

lol i do have a valid ID

oarabbus
06-16-2015, 04:10 PM
lol i do have a valid ID

Where the hell would he find something like that?

A Press/website/magazine/journal/whatever ID. Press generally has badges identifying who they represent.

They aren't going to scan your Driver's License :facepalm

DeuceWallaces
06-16-2015, 04:11 PM
lol i do have a valid ID

:oldlol:

unbreakable
06-16-2015, 04:20 PM
the valid ID is just to prove my identity as the name on the list ... isnt that so?.. and then they give me the tour press pass?

rufuspaul
06-16-2015, 04:24 PM
Why do you want to get backstage? Having family and friends in the music biz I've gotten to go backstage at a few festivals and unless you are a chick that wants the D from a pasty musician or roadie there's really nothing exciting going on, just a bunch of musicians, mostly dudes, sitting in trailers, watching TV and complaining about the food.

oarabbus
06-16-2015, 04:24 PM
the valid ID is just to prove my identity as the name on the list ... isnt that so?.. and then they give me the tour press pass?

Could be that, but you should try to find out. I've seen press wearing badges at events before.

unbreakable
06-16-2015, 04:26 PM
Why do you want to get backstage? Having family and friends in the music biz I've gotten to go backstage at a few festivals and unless you are a chick that wants the D from a pasty musician or roadie there's really nothing exciting going on, just a bunch of musicians, mostly dudes, sitting in trailers, watching TV and complaining about the food.

tbh i just wanted the free ticket ... 65$ normally.. but getting in free means pretending im a press guy

LJJ
06-16-2015, 04:33 PM
A Press/website/magazine/journal/whatever ID. Press generally has badges identifying who they represent.

They aren't going to scan your Driver's License :facepalm

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Do you seriously think writers have some special laminated press ID card that gets scanned at events?

:facepalm

**** people on here are straight up retarded sometimes.

oarabbus
06-16-2015, 04:47 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Do you seriously think writers have some special laminated press ID card that gets scanned at events?

**** people on here are straight up retarded sometimes.

Are you ****ing retarded? Clearly you have never been to a festival or conference. They don't scan it you autist, it IDENTIFIES which paper/magazine/site you represent. Damn special ed kids running wild on ISH these days

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_pass

https://nppa.org/page/member-photo-id

http://www.med.uscourts.gov/pdf/Press_Credential_Intructions_Requirements.pdf

http://www.coffeebreakwithlizandkate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/press-pass-1.jpg

http://catalog.scpauctions.com/ItemImages/000017/0289BSCP1011_lg.jpeg

https://robtnar.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/haroldparrbaseball2034.jpg

https://theweinblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/media-access.jpg

eliminate yourself from the gene pool and kindly shut the fu.ck up when you have no clue what you are talking about

DeuceWallaces
06-16-2015, 04:49 PM
My best friend has worked for several music magazines and is currently the music director for AMI.

He almost always has to provide some form of corporate identification and proof; especially at a top tier festival, and as his frequent +1 I almost always wait in the general admission for him to get his quotes and take pics.

I would be very surprised some kid could email the Warped tour and just get all access without any form of corporate identification or email correspondence from higher ups at his company.

LJJ
06-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Are you ****ing retarded? Clearly you have never been to a festival or conference. They don't scan it you autist, it IDENTIFIES which paper/site you represent. Damn special ed kids running wild on ISH these days

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_pass

https://nppa.org/page/member-photo-id

http://camerapixo.com/press-cards

http://www.med.uscourts.gov/pdf/Press_Credential_Intructions_Requirements.pdf

:facepalm This is a random music festival, not the Kennedy assassination numb-nuts. They are just asking for photo ID, not some super special secret press ID that grants access. They've already approved him as press.

That's how these things work. They check your credentials before hand. You don't have to bring your portfolio.

DeuceWallaces
06-16-2015, 04:57 PM
Lol, since when was Van's Warped tour some random event? I've been to that with my buddy where he had a press pass.

oarabbus
06-16-2015, 04:57 PM
:facepalm This is a random music festival, not the Kennedy assassination numb-nuts. They are just asking for photo ID, not some super special secret press ID that grants access. They've already approved him as press.

That's how these things work. They check your credentials before hand. You don't have to bring your portfolio.

IT's Vans Warped Tour not 'some random festival'. Yes, a PRESS PHOTO ID is EXACTLY what they are asking for you neanderthal. Just like if you are in college (judging by your naievete and comprehension of this scenario perhaps you haven't been) and want to go to a school event they ask for a SCHOOL ID.

The pictures I posted are of some random festival and even THEY have press pass requirements. You have no idea what the **** you are talking about just stfu kid.

My best friend has worked for several music magazines and is currently the music director for AMI.

He almost always has to provide some form of corporate identification and proof; especially at a top tier festival, and as his frequent +1 I almost always wait in the general admission for him to get his quotes and take pics.

I would be very surprised some kid could email the Warped tour and just get all access without any form of corporate identification or email correspondence from higher ups at his company.

Someone who actually knows what they're talking about and isn't a full-blown retard.

LJJ
06-16-2015, 05:02 PM
If you read this "You MUST ​have a valid photo ID when checking in." as requiring some kind of random press ID rather than your regular government issued photo ID, you are pants-on-head retarded. No other way about it really.

oarabbus
06-16-2015, 05:02 PM
If you read this "You MUST ​have a valid photo ID when checking in." as requiring some kind of random press ID rather than a regular photo ID, you are pants-on-head retarded. No other way about it really.

Give it up kid, that's exactly what they look for.

"You don't have to bring your portfolio"

For tradeshows, community gatherings, sporting events, award shows, professional conferences, or major events of any type, press passes are generally available. These are sometimes referred to as "press badges".[5]

For many events publicity in news media and elsewhere is of great importance, and granting privileges to the press can help in this. The privileges granted to holders of press badges, and who is eligible to receive them, depends on the nature of the affair.

Generally, prospective recipients must apply in advance, offering evidence of their affiliation. Event sponsors may request past published material, or a letter from the news agency on its letterhead, detailing the job assignment.[6][7] Generally, non-reporting employees of news agencies (executives, sales personnel, publishers, editors, etc.) are not eligible for press passes.[8] In addition to journalists, some bloggers may be granted event passes.[5][9]

Many major events, especially trade shows, issue press kits to pass-holders.[10] A press pass may allow the bearer to request interviews with noteworthy attendees, and special rooms are sometimes set aside for this purpose.[6][11]

:roll:

LJJ
06-16-2015, 05:03 PM
Exactly. Apply and get approved in advance. You don't have to prove anything after you've been approved. :facepalm Retard. Read your own shit.

oarabbus
06-16-2015, 05:07 PM
Exactly. Apply and get approved in advance. You don't have to prove anything after you've been approved. :facepalm Retard. Read your own shit.

You have never been to a music festival or conference. It's pretty clear. You probably don't know any journalists either because they ALL have company IDs.

Don't burden the world with children.

LJJ
06-16-2015, 05:08 PM
This guy seriously thinks writers are bringing their portfolio to the festival press check-in desk :facepalm

unbreakable
06-16-2015, 05:16 PM
ive already been approved.. so i believe LJJ might be correct here

oarabbus
06-16-2015, 05:17 PM
This guy seriously thinks writers are bringing their portfolio to the festival press check-in desk :facepalm

Clearly you had never heard of Warped prior to this topic but it is, in fact, considered a "top tier" festival in the States.

I hope for your sake that's the case. But don't be surprised if they ask you for your MusicWebsite.com ID. If it was really that easy you'd have 1000 people falsely claiming they work for Pitchfork Media getting press passes free to every event.

LJJ
06-16-2015, 05:21 PM
Clearly you had never heard of Warped prior to this topic but it is, in fact, considered a "top tier" festival in the States.

Point is, it's a music festival, not the senate where they do a background check and give you a photo ID before you get press access.

Writers for smaller websites, freelancers, etc. They don't have any "press ID" they have to show everywhere. You know what identifies them as press? Their application. And the fact their name is on the "approved press" list. There is nothing else to it. You don't bring your portfolio. You don't have to "prove" you are press after they already checked and approved you.

DeuceWallaces
06-16-2015, 05:23 PM

You may be right, just seems unlikely. Just hope further communication with the website you work for isn't required as you get closer to the date in your area. Usually someone will have to confirm or put in a call/email as it gets closer.

I've been comped at hundreds and hundreds of shows and festivals over the past 20 years; just relaying my experiences.

LJJ
06-16-2015, 05:25 PM
I hope for your sake that's the case. But don't be surprised if they ask you for your MusicWebsite.com ID. If it was really that easy you'd have 1000 people falsely claiming they work for Pitchfork Media getting press passes free to every event.

They do this long before the event actually takes place. That's the point.