PDA

View Full Version : Jordan CLEARLY had less help in 1998 Finals than Lebron's current team

3ball
06-16-2015, 05:33 PM
Pippen:.. 15.0 PPG
Kukoc:....15.0 PPG
Harper:...5.3 PPG
Longley:. 5.0 PPG
Kerr:..... 3.8 PPG

Mosgov:. 13.4 PPG
Smith:... 10.0 PPG
Tristan:.. 9.0 PPG, 13.0 RPG
M Della:. 8.8 PPG
Shump:.. 6.2 PPG

In case you're wondering, Rodman averaged 3 PPG and 8 RPG in the 1998 Finals, so he didn't make the list..

Rodman averaged the same stats for the ENTIRE 1997 playoffs as well, including the Finals - MJ's help in 1997 was actually just as weak as his help in 1998.. Keep in mind, the 1998 Utah Jazz had a lower playoff DRtg than anything Lebron ever faced in the Finals.

Also, MJ averaged 10.6 and 10.3 points in the 4th quarter of the 1997 and 1998 Finals, respectively, good for 3rd and 4th all time, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.. I guess it's no surprise that the MJ was forced to produce so much in the 4th against such a great team, in such close games, and with such a horrible cast.

JerrySeinfeld
06-16-2015, 05:34 PM
Everyone wants to be like Mike but it's easier said than done.

Levity
06-16-2015, 05:36 PM
3ball, my man. whats up with all these painfully repetitive threads? are you trying to prove to yourself what youre saying is true? or to the other posters on this site? either way, no one cares.

StephHamann
In today's game, the paint is empty with zero defenders.. Defenders must guard weakside 3-pointers, so they must position themselves on the far weakside BEHIND the paint, and furthest from helping on the strongside:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/6-05-2015/P5Zone.gif

In previous eras, the paint was NEVER empty with zero defenders - defenders didn't have to guard weakside 3-pointers, so all defenders remained on the strongside and/or in the paint, and therefore closest to help on strongside action:

http://i.imgur.com/e5KeKKU.gif

Being closer to help is the ultimate effect of no-spacing.. Whereas spacing makes defenders help from further away, so they are late, rather than waiting.

Btw, even though Lebron enjoys strongside clearouts where all help defenders are furthest away from the strongside as possible, Lebron is only shooting 32.5% on isolations in these playoffs.. Lebron's low isolation efficiency is destroying his overall FG% in these playoffs, since isolations are the thing he does most often - he isolates on 33.5% of his possessions, #1 in the league!

LBJMVP
could you also put up the points per game of the utah jazz team members as well :roll:

Kvnzhangyay
06-16-2015, 05:37 PM
In today's game, the paint is empty with zero defenders.. Defenders must guard weakside 3-pointers, so they must position themselves on the far weakside BEHIND the paint, and furthest from helping on the strongside:

In previous eras, the paint was NEVER empty with zero defenders - defenders didn't have to guard weakside 3-pointers, so all defenders remained on the strongside and/or in the paint, and therefore closest to help on strongside action:

Being closer to help is the ultimate effect of no-spacing.. Whereas spacing makes defenders help from further away, so they are late, rather than waiting.

Btw, even though Lebron enjoys strongside clearouts where all help defenders are furthest away from the strongside as possible, Lebron is only shooting 32.5% on isolations in these playoffs.. Lebron's low isolation efficiency is destroying his overall FG% in these playoffs, since isolations are the thing he does most often - he isolates on 33.5% of his possessions, #1 in the league!

KiiiiNG
06-16-2015, 05:38 PM
3ball, my man. whats up with all these painfully repetitive threads? are you trying to prove to yourself what youre saying is true? or to the other posters on this site? either way, no one cares.
:roll:

Euroleague
06-16-2015, 05:39 PM

In case you're wondering, Rodman averaged 3 PPG and 8 RPG in the 1998 Finals, so he didn't make the list..

Rodman averaged the same stats for the ENTIRE 1997 playoffs as well, including the Finals - MJ's help in 1997 was actually just as weak as his help in 1998.. Keep in mind, the 1998 Utah Jazz had a lower playoff DRtg than anything Lebron ever faced in the Finals.

Also, MJ averaged 10.6 and 10.3 points in the 4th quarter of the 1997 and 1998 Finals, respectively, good for 3rd and 4th all time, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.. I guess it's no surprise that the MJ was forced to produce so much in the 4th against such a great team, in such close games, and with such a horrible cast.

PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE

Rocketswin2013
06-16-2015, 05:40 PM

Kvnzhangyay
06-16-2015, 05:40 PM
This thread has to be a joke

sd3035
06-16-2015, 05:45 PM
Lebald has a stacked team and only faces ISOs with mediocre defenders compared to Jordan's era

It's mind boggling that he can't shoot 40% :biggums:

oarabbus
06-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Holy shit, LeBron would kill to have Pippen and Kukoc on this team.

That Bulls team is WAY better than the Cavs :oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
06-16-2015, 05:52 PM
Holy shit, LeBron would kill to have Pippen and Kukoc on this team.

That Bulls team is WAY better than the Cavs :oldlol:
He totally left out Rodman too :roll:

Pippen put up 16/7/5 in those finals. Nobody on the Cavs team comes close to that, especially considering Pippen is the GOAT perimeter defender

ralph_i_el
06-16-2015, 05:53 PM

Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'
I begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed my suit case and sent me on my way
She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.
I put my Walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.
First class, yo this is bad
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like?
Hmmmmm this might be alright.
But wait I hear they're prissy, bourgeois, all that
Is this the type of place that they just send this cool cat?
I don't think so
I'll see when I get there
I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air
Well, the plane landed and when I came out
There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out
I ain't trying to get arrested yet
I just got here
I sprang with the quickness like lightning, disappeared
I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought 'Nah, forget it' - 'Yo, home to Bel Air'
I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo home smell ya later'
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

3ball
06-16-2015, 05:58 PM
He totally left out Rodman too :roll:

Rodman averaged 3 PPG and 8 RPG in the 1998 Finals, so he didn't make the list..

sd3035
06-16-2015, 06:02 PM
lol 3ball owns the entire Bran stanbase

ralph_i_el
06-16-2015, 06:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uhNeyHz.gifv

3ball
06-16-2015, 06:03 PM
LeBron would kill to have Pippen and Kukoc on this team.

MJ would kill for a legit center like Mosgov - Mosgov is better than anything MJ ever had.

MJ would also kill for a high-flying, 13 rebound-per-game player like Tristan Thompson... His Finals production blows any of the Bulls PF's or Centers away.

warriorfan
06-16-2015, 06:05 PM
3ball is nothing but facts if you guys can't handle it then that is too damn bad

Mr. Jabbar
06-16-2015, 06:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WWUwEQj.png

Trollsmasher
06-16-2015, 06:06 PM

Also 1-9

TheReal Kendall
06-16-2015, 06:08 PM
MJ would kill for a legit center like Mosgov - Mosgov is better than anything MJ ever had.

MJ would also kill for a high-flying, 13 rebound-per-game player like Tristan Thompson... His Finals production blows any of the Bulls PF's or Centers away.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/mtbu.gif

Springsteen
06-16-2015, 06:10 PM

:biggums:

sd3035
06-16-2015, 06:14 PM

excellent post :applause: :applause: :applause:

warriorfan
06-16-2015, 06:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WWUwEQj.png

LBJMVP
06-16-2015, 06:38 PM
once again... can you put up the jazz players ppg that series?

oarabbus
06-16-2015, 06:39 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

LBJMVP
06-16-2015, 06:40 PM

bruh....

Hey Yo
06-16-2015, 06:41 PM
excellent post
You probably say that to all the guys you blow.

3ball
06-16-2015, 06:44 PM
bruh....

Name me a center MJ had that was better than Mosgov.

Name me a PF or Center in the 1998 Finals that had ANYWHERE NEAR the production of Tristan Thompson's 9 PPG and 13 RPG.

3ball
06-16-2015, 06:44 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Name me a center MJ played with that was as good as Mosgov.

Name me a PF or Center in the 1998 Finals that had ANYWHERE NEAR the production of Tristan Thompson's 9 PPG and 13 RPG.

I'll wait.

tmacattack33
06-16-2015, 06:46 PM

:oldlol:

Blue&Orange
06-16-2015, 06:49 PM

Let's not forget that Lebron teammates made those stats against an all time great team!!!

Apparently stats only matter when they are in favor or the statpadder career loser.

3ball
06-16-2015, 06:49 PM

I know, it's funny how the numbers next to MJ's teammates' names are less than the numbers next to Lebron's teammates names...!!!!!!

That IS funny... :yaohappy:

Kvnzhangyay
06-16-2015, 06:57 PM

So are you saying that Iverson had more help in 01 than MJ in '98? :biggums:

Ratliff: 12.4 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 3.7 bpg
Mutombo: 11.7ppg, 12.4 ppg, 2.5 bpg
McKie: 11.6 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 5 apg
Snow: 9.8 ppg, 7.4 apg
Hill: 9.6 ppg, 9 rpg
+ Kukoc 8 ppg

sd3035
06-16-2015, 07:02 PM
3ball don't do em like that :lebronamazed:

nba_55
06-16-2015, 07:02 PM
Using your logic:

Lebron: 37 ppg
Jordan: 33 ppg

98 Finals Jordan < 15 finals Lebron

/thread

LBJMVP
06-16-2015, 07:04 PM
Name me a center MJ had that was better than Mosgov.

dennis rodman was still better than thompson

charles oakley was better than mozgov though he wasn't on the championship teams.

horace grant was also better than mozgov

raprap
06-16-2015, 07:09 PM
:lol

red1
06-16-2015, 07:16 PM

If I ever see you in the street I will beat you to within an inch of your life ****boy. And then I will take that inch from you. You hear me?

sdot_thadon
06-16-2015, 07:17 PM
So are you saying that Iverson had more help in 01 than MJ in '98? :biggums:

Ratliff: 12.4 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 3.7 bpg
Mutombo: 11.7ppg, 12.4 ppg, 2.5 bpg
McKie: 11.6 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 5 apg
Snow: 9.8 ppg, 7.4 apg
Hill: 9.6 ppg, 9 rpg
+ Kukoc 8 ppg

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/29/29e062e3631110ba782eee7023494de2a38b630ae3348d87c8 e1a5bfdfe62dbb.jpg

3ball
06-16-2015, 07:34 PM
If I ever see you in the street I will beat you to within an inch of your life ****boy. And then I will take that inch from you. You hear me?

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120909125419/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/5/5d/Pathetic.gif

http://media.giphy.com/media/IgsXOXGPxfT3O/giphy.gif

Victory itt for 3ball.. :pimp:

ralph_i_el
06-16-2015, 07:34 PM
http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/tdomf-2/473459/jackogoatse.jpg

3ball
06-16-2015, 07:36 PM

Again, Longley and Cartwright <<<< Mosgov, so I'm right.

Ditto on Tristan - none of the Bulls' PF's or Centers from the 1998 Finals produced ANYWHERE NEAR what Tristan has done in these Finals.. Rodman was MIA with only 8 RPG, and his offense always made the Bulls play 4 on 5 (only 3 PPG) - Rodman's production was a literal fraction of Tristan's in this series.

MJ's bigs were horrific.. Meanwhile, Shumpert/Delladova's 6-9 PPG each > Kerr, Harper's 3 PPG each.. Just look at the stats shown in the OP.

sdot_thadon
06-16-2015, 07:41 PM
Again, Longley and Cartwright <<<< Mosgov, so I'm right.

Ditto on Tristan - none of the Bulls' PF's or Centers from the 1998 Finals produced ANYWHERE NEAR what Tristan has done in these Finals.

Lebron might not have had guys like Pippen or Kukoc, but MJ's bigs were horrific... Rodman was MIA with only 8 RPG, and his offense always made the Bulls play 4 on 5 (only 3 PPG) - Rodman's production was a literal fraction of Tristan's in this series.
I'm a 1000% sure the 98 bulls could score without Mj on the floor. This finals cavs team? Yeah thought so.

3ball
06-16-2015, 07:49 PM
I'm a 1000% sure the 98 bulls could score without Mj on the floor. This finals cavs team? Yeah thought so.
Ha - but the Bulls couldn't score without MJ - the stats tell a clear story:

Of course, Rodman was MIA - he averaged 3 PPG and 8 RPG for the entire 1998 Finals.. And he always averaged 3 PPG, forcing the Bulls to play 4 on 5 offensively all year.

When has Lebron had a starter who averaged 3 PPG and forced them to play 4 on 5 on every offensive possession?

For MJ it didn't matter - his offense was so potently optimal, that his team still had the highest-ever offensive ratings (the best offensive team EVER), despite Rodman's 3 PPG forcing them to play 4 on 5 offensively all year... :pimp:

LBJFTW
06-16-2015, 07:52 PM
Let's not forget that Lebron teammates made those stats against an all time great team!!!

Apparently stats only matter when they are in favor or the statpadder career loser.

Lebron has only had single coverage on him... he is going to average those numbers. That's what Kerr want's him to do. Jordan was doubled the entire series. Don't try to water down the facts.

jstern
06-16-2015, 07:54 PM

I hope this is not serious and it's a quote from a movie or something.

jzek
06-16-2015, 07:55 PM
Rodman averaged 3 PPG and 8 RPG in the 1998 Finals

How is that possible? Doesn't he get 8 boards in like half a quarter? :wtf:

TheCorporation
06-16-2015, 07:58 PM
Did OP just compare

Pippen, Rodman, Kerr, Kukoc, Harper to

Dellevedova, JR Smith, Thompson, Mozgov, Shumpert

I can't tell if you're trolling or legit retarded. So in case you're just legit retarded, let me help you.

Scottie Pippen is an elite perimeter defender. Rodman is an elite defender and rebounder. Kerr is one of the best 3-point shooters of all time.

Dellevedova is an undrafted Australian kid. JR Smith & Shumpert are New York Knicks rejects. Tristan rebounds like a beast, I give you that.

Now, to delve a little deeper into your BS stats as you skew them and fail to leave out vital info

Pippen averaged:
16 ppg, 7 rpg, 5 apg, 1.67 spg, 1 bpg

Kukoc avearged:
15 ppg, 5 rpg, 3 apg

And yes Rodman averaged:
3.3 ppg, and 8.3 rpg, but...He only took 2 fga per game...So how many points was he supposed to score on 2 fga per game?

*drops mic*

3ball
06-16-2015, 08:01 PM
And yes Rodman averaged:
3.3 ppg, and 8.3 rpg, but...He only took 2 fga per game...So how many points was he supposed to score on 2 fga per game?

When has Lebron had a starter who averaged 3 PPG and forced the team to play 4 on 5 on every offensive possession?

For MJ it didn't matter - his offense was so potently optimal, that his team still had the highest-ever offensive ratings (the best offensive team EVER), despite Rodman's 3 PPG forcing them to play 4 on 5 offensively all season.

jlip
06-16-2015, 08:01 PM
Wasn't Pippen receiving consideration for '98 Finals MVP after four games before he re-injured himself?

pauk
06-16-2015, 08:03 PM
oh god... never go full 3ball... :facepalm

TheCorporation
06-16-2015, 08:05 PM
How is that possible? Doesn't he get 8 boards in like half a quarter? :wtf:

He had one bad game where he only played 24 min and only grabbed 3 rebounds.

Rodman grabbed 50 rebounds in 183 minutes, or 1 every 3.66 minutes
Thompson grabbed 65 rebounds in 209 minutes, or 1 every 3.22 minutes

Anything else? :lol

3ball
06-16-2015, 08:05 PM
Wasn't Pippen receiving consideration for '98 Finals MVP after four games before he re-injured himself?
No he wasn't.

Out of the thousands of articles written after Game 4, there were two devil's advocate articles that suggested Pippen should get consideration.. But no one seriously considered it.

Euroleague
06-16-2015, 08:12 PM
Time for 3ball to take a 3 day timeout from the forum.

He can come back after his meth and coke fueled binge is over.

pauk
06-16-2015, 08:13 PM
You went to far with this one 3ball, now everybody knows you are just trolling.

pauk
06-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Yes, i feel so sad for Jordan, if we could somehow give this amazing Lebron supporting cast to him, can you just imagine him with Cavs 2nd best player who is averaging 10 ppg @ 30% fg, 25% 3pt, the almighty JR Smith, he would have 10 rings... :eek:

....and then give those scrubs like Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Phil Jackson, etc. to Lebron instead... jesus.... he would achieve nothing...

LBJFTW
06-16-2015, 08:19 PM
Dellevedova is an undrafted Australian kid who shut down Curry in game 2 and 3 and had a 20 point game. The only reason why he couldn't do it in games 4 and 5 is because Cavs are playing a 7 man rotation. I love how people try to undermine the talent that is visually obvious during these games. :lol

Euroleague
06-16-2015, 08:19 PM
Yes, i feel so sad for Jordan, if we could somehow give this amazing Lebron supporting cast to him, can you just imagine him with Cavs 2nd best player who is averaging 10 ppg @ 30% fg, 25% 3pt, the almighty JR Smith, he would have 10 rings... :eek:

....and then give those scrubs like Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Phil Jackson, etc. to Lebron instead... jesus.... he would achieve nothing...

What is hilarious is Ron Harper would be the 2nd best player on the Cavs.

"CLEARLY less help"

:lol :oldlol: :roll:

nba_55
06-16-2015, 08:21 PM
3ball just turned into another kenneth, nobody is taking you serious after this. This thread was a career suicide for you.

LBJFTW
06-16-2015, 08:22 PM

Didn't LeBron collude and shit the bed not once but twice now? He's 2/6. Jordan is 6/6. You take the man that can demonstrate perfection. Here you are being a stan of Bron simply because you never watched Jordan play live. :lol

SugarHill
06-16-2015, 08:23 PM
PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE

TheCorporation
06-16-2015, 08:24 PM
When has Lebron had a starter who averaged 3 PPG and forced the team to play 4 on 5 on every offensive possession?

For MJ it didn't matter - his offense was so potently optimal, that his team still had the highest-ever offensive ratings (the best offensive team EVER), despite Rodman's 3 PPG forcing them to play 4 on 5 offensively all season.

I just said the man averaged 2 fga per game on 30 minutes of play. Clearly he was there for his rebounding and defense.

I guess it could be better off for poor Jordan and being stuck with Rodman who only scored 3 ppg (on 2 fga per game no less...), Jordan could have been stuck with someone like Iman Shumpert who has taken 37 shots and made 10 lol

27% FG

3ball
06-16-2015, 08:31 PM
You guys are blinded by the superior teamwork, cohesion and smart decision-making that MJ's supporting cast accumulated from 3-peating with MJ - the good performance and solid play from role players that results from this superior teamwork is not the same thing as talent.

The actual talent itself on the Bulls wasn't high.. That's why every Bulls championship team required MJ to lead the league in scoring and be the greatest playoff and Finals scorer of all time.. Those are the simple, unchangeable facts.

You guys should stop blowing up role players - if Horace Grant's 11/8 career average was on another team instead of the Bullls, and he'd be just he's just another 11/8 guy... But put him next to MJ and let him win some rings, and all of a sudden his 11/8 looks so much more glossier.. But in in reality, role players like him will ALWAYS be replaceable.. It's the all-stars and premier talented players that are not.. And MJ had less all-star talent than Magic, Larry, Shaq, Lebron, Kobe - you name it.

tpols
06-16-2015, 08:33 PM
The 538 study shows MJ had the most talented help in the past 35 years with his 96-98 cast doe

3ball
06-16-2015, 08:34 PM
The 538 study shows MJ had the most talented help in the past 35 years with his 96-98 cast doe
538 is known for their kindergarten analysis, where they add up pts, rebs and assists and declare a winner.

But why did those Bulls teams require MJ to lead the league in scoring every year and be the best playoff and Finals scorer of all time?

Euroleague
06-16-2015, 08:36 PM
You guys are blinded by the superior teamwork, cohesion and smart decision-making that MJ's supporting cast accumulated from 3-peating with MJ - the good performance and solid play from role players that results from this superior teamwork is not the same thing as talent.

The actual talent itself on the Bulls wasn't high.. That's why every Bulls championship team required MJ to lead the league in scoring and be the greatest playoff and Finals scorer of all time.. Those are the simple, unchangeable facts.

You guys should stop blowing up role players - if Horace Grant's 11/8 career average was on another team instead of the Bullls, and he'd be just he's just another 11/8 guy... But put him next to MJ and let him win some rings, and all of a sudden his 11/8 looks so much more glossier.. But in in reality, role players like him will ALWAYS be replaceable.. It's the all-stars and premier talented players that are not.. And MJ had less all-star talent than Magic, Larry, Shaq, Lebron, Kobe - you name it.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/abr.gif

Smoke117
06-16-2015, 08:37 PM
Scottie Pippen was considered the FMVP through four games when the Bulls were up 3-1...but Jordan had no help in the 98 finals...:roll: :roll: :roll:

pauk
06-16-2015, 08:42 PM
Didn't LeBron collude and shit the bed not once but twice now? He's 2/6. Jordan is 6/6. You take the man that can demonstrate perfection. Here you are being a stan of Bron simply because you never watched Jordan play live. :lol

lol @ "demonstrate perfection 6/6"....

How many series/playoffs losses does he have? Is playoffs not a try at the championship? A loss earlier then Finals does not count or? :roll:

No? Its not what...? its n-no-no-not a 7 game series that if you lose eliminates you from playoffs/championship contention just like the last 7 game series does?

...and do you really think he would win with this team in this Finals? How can you say yes when he NEVER went anywhere this far in the playoffs with an equivalent scrub team & odds?

Jordan is the GOAT, but not because he is "6/6 in Finals"... but because he has 5 mvps, 6 fmvps/championships and so on...... being 6/6 or 6/12 or 6/20 in Finals doesnt change anything, except give him more Conf. Championships/Finals appearances & Stat Totals in playoffs, which actually only boosts his resume up....

With other words, get of the ganja and tell that to your friend 3ball aswell.

3ball
06-16-2015, 08:44 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/abr.gif

It's true.. you guys blow up and overrate role players that won rings even though their stats and actual contribution is the same as any role player on any team.

If Horace Grant's 11/8 career average was on another team, he'd be just another 11/8 guy... But next to MJ and after a few championships, all of a sudden that same 11/8 looks much glossier..

But in in reality, role players like him will ALWAYS be replaceable.. It's the all-stars and premier talented players that are not.. And MJ had less all-star talent than Magic, Larry, Shaq, Lebron, Kobe - you name it.

Horace Grant:

"If it wasn't for MJ, I don't think I'd be sitting here right now. Not saying I wouldn't have had a decent career, but for a leader to lead you to 3 championships...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_aYOQVWSCY&t=14m44s

pauk
06-16-2015, 08:47 PM
You think all of Jordans series losses before Finals would have NOT been lost if they were simply named "Finals" instead or something? Like.... he doesnt show up/step up until its the Finals or something? :oldlol: "Perfection"....

tpols
06-16-2015, 08:49 PM
538 is known for their kindergarten analysis, where they add up pts, rebs and assists and declare a winner.

But why did those Bulls teams require MJ to lead the league in scoring every year and be the best playoff and Finals scorer of all time?

You literally just added up ppg.. that was your whole analysis.

Euroleague
06-16-2015, 08:52 PM
It's true.. you guys blow up and overrate role players if they have managed to tag along and win a ring somewhere.

And MJ had less all-star talent than Magic, Larry, Shaq, Lebron, Kobe - you name it.

So Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Harper (a hell of a core group of players in 2nd 3 peat)........Longley was a solid big man, Grant was a decent power forward, Kerr was one of the best 3 point shooters ever, Paxson was a great 3 point shooter, etc.

WTF? Seriously WTF?

Euroleague
06-16-2015, 08:54 PM

http://media.giphy.com/media/sGpxpeA9jH2SI/giphy.gif

TheCorporation
06-16-2015, 08:59 PM
Facts:

-Pippen is an elite wing defender and a legit 22-7-5 guy, hall-of-famer, and all time great and one of the best second options in NBA history

-Rodman is arguably the best rebounder (especially for his size) in NBA history, hall-of-famer, and all time great. Rodman won 7, yes SEVEN Rebounding titles...IN A ROW. And yes, all three years he was with Chicago he led the league in rebounding. Imagine that. No one else has ever won more than 3 in a row, let alone 7. Get a clue brah

-Tony Kukoc was a 6th man of the year winner

-GOAT coach (arguable) P JAX

-Bulls went from 57 wins to 55 when Jordan left. They really needed him so much for the 2 extra wins lol

-Ron Harper, 20ppg player before he came to Chicago

So, basically this team in modern terms would look like this:

LeBron James (Michael Jordan)
Paul George (Scottie Pippen)
Deandre Jordan (Dennis Rodman)
Jamal Crawford (Tony Kukoc, 6th man winner)
Insert 20 ppg player: Butler, DeRozan, or Lilliard? (Harper)

Okay so we have our line up to attempt to duplicate what poor MJ worked with:

LBJ
Paul George
Deandre Jordan
Jamal Crawford
Jimmy Butler

Coach: Pop

I think this team would do okay, but they don't have as much help as current Cavs roster: Dellevedoa, Smith, Shumpert, Mozgov, Thompson

:lol :lol :lol

TheCorporation
06-16-2015, 09:03 PM

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-22077-rap-battle-parody-perfect-loop-gLVH.gif

3ball
06-16-2015, 09:05 PM

You guys should stop blowing up role players - if Horace Grant's 11/8 career average was on another team instead of the Bullls, and he'd be just he's just another 11/8 guy... But put him next to MJ and let him win some rings, and all of a sudden his 11/8 looks so much more glossier..

But in in reality, role players like him will ALWAYS be replaceable.. It's the all-stars and premier talented players that are not.. And MJ had less all-star talent than Magic, Larry, Shaq, Lebron, Kobe - you name it.

Horace Grant:

"If it wasn't for MJ, I don't think I'd be sitting here right now. Not saying I wouldn't have had a decent career, but for a leader to lead you to 3 championships...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_aYOQVWSCY&t=14m44s

3ball
06-16-2015, 09:07 PM
MJ's Bulls needed him to lead the league in scoring every year and be the greatest playoff and Finals scorer of all time - BY FAR.

That proves he had the least scoring help of any #1 option.. ever... there's no way around it

Euroleague
06-16-2015, 09:10 PM
That proves he had the least scoring help of any #1 option.. ever... there's no way around it

https://media3.giphy.com/media/GhgM6PxEoM29a/200.gif

Andrei89
06-16-2015, 09:24 PM
I have come to the conclusion that Jeff must be paying these idiots :lol

nzahir
06-16-2015, 09:34 PM
JEFF BAN THIS ****ING IDIOT, HE POSTS THE SAME STUPID THREAD EVERY DAY AND ITS ALWAYS BIASED AF.

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/paine-datalab-lebron-cast-2.png?w=610&h=2028

JORDANS SUPPORTING CAST IS 98 IS ONE OF THE BEST EVER, WHILE LEBRON HAS A TOP 3 WOAT CAST(AND THAT WAS WITH KYRIE).

Straight_Ballin
06-16-2015, 09:35 PM
3ball actually exposed some idiots into trying to debate that the Cavs team is worse defensively than the 98 bulls.

Bulls were better defensively and these nubs took the bait. :lol

jlip
06-16-2015, 09:35 PM

No he wasn't.

Out of the thousands of articles written after Game 4, there were two devil's advocate articles that suggested Pippen should get consideration.. But no one seriously considered it.

You're flat wrong and again have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I mean, seriously...Do you just make up stuff for the heck of it?

Here are four separate articles from four different newspapers that were saying Pippen might be worthy of the Finals MVP after game 4.

Deseret News (http://www.deseretnews.com/article/635114/What-about-Pippen-for-NBA-Finals-MVP.html?pg=all)

Chicago Tribune (http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1998-06-11/sports/9806110398_1_scottie-pippen-bulls-karl-malone)

AP News (http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1998/NBA-Finals-MVP-Not-an-Easy-Choice/id-778ed9711147fd5917209bbf1c8c2091)

CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/repeat-3-peat-bulls-win-again/)

Here are two additional articles saying that his defense against the entire Jazz team was a major reason the Bulls were winning.

http://www.si.com/vault/1998/06/15/244476/the-tangled-web-by-ensnaring-the-jazz-in-a-masterfully-spun-defense-the-bulls-stunningly-altered-the-course-of-the-finals

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/06/09/sports/nba-finals-every-turn-jazz-finds-pippen-bulls-consummate-defender-picks-apart.html?src=pm

nzahir
06-16-2015, 09:39 PM
Jeff this forum is shit and its your fault; you allow idiots like 3ball just to make up random facts and make the same topics every day. Good thing I got ********* and you arent making a penny off of me

Kvnzhangyay
06-16-2015, 09:39 PM
THIS cavs cast is better than bulls cast?You literally they cannot make a single point right now right

NBASTATMAN
06-16-2015, 10:11 PM
MJ is the best though...