PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's Current Chances of Being G.O.A.T After Losing to Golden State...

Foster5k
06-17-2015, 08:44 AM
LeBron currently has a 33% success rate in the NBA Finals. Better known as 2/6.

Meanwhile, the current G.O.A.T, Jordan has a 100% success rate in the NBA Finals.

So... 33% compared to 100%. That's the difference folks. LeBron will never measure up to the great one. He had a shot. However, he just isn't on that level and never will be at this stage in his career.

Jordan was a different breed. If he played in today's NBA, he would be completely unstoppable. He would make guys like Iggy, a guy who got FMVP just for guarding LeBron, look like child's play.

All hail the G.O.A.T. Michael Jordan and let's put this whole LeBron is on par with the great one to bed. It's not happening folks.

That being said, LeBron is an all time great player and will forever be remembered as one of the best to do it. However, he's a tier below Jordan.

Paul George 24
06-17-2015, 08:46 AM

Meanwhile, the current G.O.A.T, Jordan has a 100% success rate in the NBA Finals.

So... 33% compared to 100%. That's the difference folks. LeBron will never measure up to the great one. He had a shot. However, he just isn't on that level and never will be at this stage in his career.

Jordan was a different breed. If he played in today's NBA, he would be completely unstoppable. He would make guys like Iggy, a guy who got FMVP just for guarding LeBron, look like child's play.

All hail the G.O.A.T. Michael Jordan and let's put this whole LeBron is on par with the great one to bed. It's not happening folks.

That being said, LeBron is an all time great player and will forever be remembered as one of the best to do it. However, he's a tier below Jordan.

JORDAN >>>>>>>>>>> JAMES,NO QUESTIONED

coin24
06-17-2015, 08:47 AM
Way too many shit stains on that resume:lol

NBASTATMAN
06-17-2015, 08:50 AM
He has as good a chance of being the GOAT as Kobe, and Duncan have.. NONE...

Only guy close to MJ is Kareem.. And the only reason I say that is because of his college career as well as his ridiculous NBA career... :rockon:

Heilige
06-17-2015, 08:53 AM

Only guy close to MJ is Kareem.. And the only reason I say that is because of his college career as well as his ridiculous NBA career... :rockon:

Why isn't Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain and Magic Johnson close to Michael Jordan?

LAZERUSS
06-17-2015, 08:55 AM

Lebron is 2/12, and MJ was 6/15.

STATUTORY
06-17-2015, 08:57 AM

that deflection, that angst :roll: :roll:

r15mohd
06-17-2015, 08:57 AM

this. anyone who keeps trying to say he can catch MJ are only fooling themselves. he has a chance to still make top5, maybe top3 if he's extremely lucky, but he lost the MJ duel back with the 2011's loss.

however, there's nothing wrong in being in the top3 top5 or top10 GOAT listing. just look at the names amongst him. :confusedshrug:

NBASTATMAN
06-17-2015, 08:59 AM
Why isn't Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain and Magic Johnson close to Michael Jordan?

Bill played on a loaded team and just isn't MJ level.. Wilt was a top level player but like Bron his record in the finals hurts him.. Wilt also played under his avg in the playoffs and finals... Magic just never played defense and while IMO he is the best offensive player I ve seen he just cant be given that spot because the lack of defense..

NumberSix
06-17-2015, 09:00 AM
What's Jordan's success rate in the first round?

NBASTATMAN
06-17-2015, 09:01 AM
this. anyone who keeps trying to say he can catch MJ are only fooling themselves. he has a chance to still make top5, maybe top3 if he's extremely lucky, but he lost the MJ duel back with the 2011's loss.

however, there's nothing wrong in being in the top3 top5 or top10 GOAT listing. just look at the names amongst him. :confusedshrug:

I agree that 2011 loss is just a big time choke on Lebron's resume..

sd3035
06-17-2015, 09:02 AM
The only Current player that has a shot is Durant if his foot is OK

Davis could too, we'll have to see if he continues to get better

sd3035
06-17-2015, 09:02 AM
I agree that 2011 loss is just a big time choke on Lebron's resume..

even worse than this year's choke

NBASTATMAN
06-17-2015, 09:03 AM
that deflection, that angst :roll: :roll:

that 10-31 with kobe on the Lakers and 11-30 without Kobe ... ONCE AGAIN BETTER WITHOUT KOBE THAN WITH HIM.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :banana:

Heilige
06-17-2015, 09:04 AM
Bill played on a loaded team and just isn't MJ level.. Wilt was a top level player but like Bron his record in the finals hurts him.. Wilt also played under his avg in the playoffs and finals... Magic just never played defense and while IMO he is the best offensive player I ve seen he just cant be given that spot because the lack of defense..

The teams Bill Russell played against were loaded as well. The great talent was more concentrated amongst the teams in his day. You shouldn't hold that against him. He won when he was supposed to.

r15mohd
06-17-2015, 09:08 AM
The only Current player that has a shot is Durant if his foot is OK

Davis could too, we'll have to see if he continues to get better

i have my doubts on KD being that great, he's in his prime now and needs to go on a tear over the next 4yrs consecutively to even be considered.

AD has many years ahead of him...but I just don't see a C/PF becoming MJ caliber in today's game. it;s wing oriented, even the bigs are wing oriented. :confusedshrug:

bets of luck to both tho...would definitely enjoy KD or AD gunning for it, especially under Rile's and Heat come next summer :D

NBASTATMAN
06-17-2015, 09:12 AM
The teams Bill Russell played against were loaded as well. The great talent was more concentrated amongst the teams in his day. You shouldn't hold that against him. He won when he was supposed to.

My top four are

MJ
KAREEM
RUSSELL
WILT

Russell won titles shooting 35 percent during the playoffs... Come on..

NBASTATMAN
06-17-2015, 09:13 AM

I dont see this year as a choke.. But 2011 he def choked.. Not only did he stink during the finals but one play where he missed a layup turned around the entire series IN 2011...

r15mohd
06-17-2015, 09:15 AM

this year is considered a choke? :wtf:

i shouldn;t have to ask, but by your posts...do you understand the game of basketball? :lol

NBASTATMAN
06-17-2015, 09:19 AM
this year is considered a choke? :wtf:

i shouldn;t have to ask, but by your posts...do you understand the game of basketball? :lol

Actually he has moved up in most peoples minds after this years finals... From what I have been listening to most NBA coaches and players are giving him BIG TIME CREDIT... Still he needs to work on his free throws... Lebron misses way too many free throws.. You can win those close games if you cant hit at least 80 percent...

Heilige
06-17-2015, 11:56 AM
My top four are

MJ
KAREEM
RUSSELL
WILT

Russell won titles shooting 35 percent during the playoffs... Come on..

He won, that's what matters. He was the main reason the Celtics won.