PDA

View Full Version : Cavs mortgaged their future in Wiggins and Waiters for this?!

STATUTORY
06-17-2015, 11:00 AM
Love is leaving in a month, Kyrie might never be the same, Lebron can only score by bulldozing his way to the rim now

and JR smith only makes shots when game is already over

this is why you should always grow a championship team organically and not rely on mercenaries like Love or carpetbaggers like Bron

if Cavs just waited a few years for Kyrie, Waiters, and Wiggins to all hit their prime at right around the same time. They would be Golden State

SugarHill
06-17-2015, 11:01 AM
fvcking Waiters, injury prone Kyrie and unproven Wiggins huh?

r15mohd
06-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Love is leaving in a month, Kyrie might never be the same, Lebron can only score by bulldozing his way to the rim now

this is why you should always grow a championship team organically and not rely on mercenaries like Love or carpetbaggers like Bron

if Cavs just waited a few years for Kyrie, Waiters, and Wiggins to all hit their prime at right around the same time. They would be Golden State

and Lebron would be out his prime and they don't do any better in the Finals, even if they have any luck making it there led by Kyrie, Waiters and Wiggins :facepalm

are you really that sold on Wiggins? and especially the atrociousness of Waiters? :confusedshrug:

Akrazotile
06-17-2015, 11:02 AM
I said it was a dumb trade from the start

EllisGW
06-17-2015, 11:03 AM

you really don't know much about basketball....

dion waiters lol

r15mohd
06-17-2015, 11:03 AM
I said it was a dumb trade from the start

Cavs have limited years with Lebron at this level...do you risk his presence/ability on a few yrs in hopes Wiggins pans out?

right move to win now...injuries cost them their chance, not the trade :no:

kennethgriffin
06-17-2015, 11:04 AM
and theyre gonna lose Tristan Rodman because both he and kevin love want max deals

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

LeGM will strike again

STATUTORY
06-17-2015, 11:04 AM
fvcking Waiters, injury prone Kyrie and unproven Wiggins huh?

could said the samething about Iggy, Harrison Barnes, and Steph just a year or two ago

FPJ
06-17-2015, 11:06 AM
OP, don't feel bad, your question isn't more retarded than other shit thrown around here. You're an average poster on ISH.

EllisGW
06-17-2015, 11:12 AM
and theyre gonna lose Tristan Rodman because both he and kevin love want max deals

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

LeGM will strike again

you know they can sign both

Derka
06-17-2015, 11:14 AM
Yes, they mortgaged their future in Wiggins and Waiters (lol) to get to the NBA Finals one year removed from being a lottery team despite countless injuries.

r15mohd
06-17-2015, 11:21 AM
could said the samething about Iggy, Harrison Barnes, and Steph just a year or two ago

Iggy has been proven fro about 10yrs now
Steph has been rising the past 3 yrs now
Barnes is the only risk out of the group

Kyrie has been a good player, but has not proved much in terms of leading the Cavs
Waiters is unproven, and as we saw, garbage
Wiggins is unproven...yet to be seen but I don;t think he pans out as many have hyped him to be on here

decision was easy...and as the couple posters above said, they can easily keep the same team together in signing Love and TT, and giving Lebron his max deal, all while filling the gaps. Shump is a sure stay if I'm their GM...if JR takes a cut, then why not. the Cavs have a more promising 3-5yrs than every other team not named GSW or OKC (and even OKC is likely to blow up if they don't go deep into the playoffs with Donovan and being on KD's last yr deal)

STATUTORY
06-17-2015, 11:28 AM
Iggy has been proven fro about 10yrs now
Steph has been rising the past 3 yrs now
Barnes is the only risk out of the group

Kyrie has been a good player, but has not proved much in terms of leading the Cavs
Waiters is unproven, and as we saw, garbage
Wiggins is unproven...yet to be seen but I don;t think he pans out as many have hyped him to be on here

decision was easy...and as the couple posters above said, they can easily keep the same team together in signing Love and TT, and giving Lebron his max deal, all while filling the gaps. Shump is a sure stay if I'm their GM...if JR takes a cut, then why not. the Cavs have a more promising 3-5yrs than every other team not named GSW or OKC (and even OKC is likely to blow up if they don't go deep into the playoffs with Donovan and being on KD's last yr deal)

Steph was an "injury prone" player until about a year ago, Iggy was always derided as inconsistent and underachieving till his GSW stint. Barnes was labeled as a bust in his first year.

Wiggins will be a flat out stud. There is no reason for Love to stay and I don't expect him to.

We will see if Kyrie(hobbled version) Lebron + fillers accomplish anything next few years but i doubt it

Lebron is getting progressively worse every year, that hair transplant aint fooling no one, dude has visibly exited his prime right in front of our eyes on broadcast television

Wally450
06-17-2015, 11:34 AM
Yes, they mortgaged their future in Wiggins and Waiters (lol) to get to the NBA Finals one year removed from being a lottery team despite countless injuries.

This. Some people are really dumb. They mortgaged their future to get to the Finals. It's as if its a bad thing they made the Finals.

r15mohd
06-17-2015, 11:40 AM
Steph was an "injury prone" player until about a year ago,

this was 2-3 yrs ago...he's been overall healthy last year leading the GSW and into this year

Iggy was always derided as inconsistent and underachieving till his GSW stint.

underachieving...seems he was overachieving in leading the Sixers squad to me. he;s not a 1st option player to lead a team...even he admitted to that

Barnes was labeled as a bust in his first year.
exactly why I said he was the only risk

Wiggins will be a flat out stud.
nothing to warrant this assumption that he will be

There is no reason for Love to stay and I don't expect him to.

2 profound reasons:
-$16mil option next season
-title contention next season

many more can be filled in afterwards

We will see if Kyrie(hobbled version) Lebron + fillers accomplish anything next few years but i doubt it

have you watched the playoff's to see how beneficial even a 75% version of Kyrie can benefit the Cavs, not to mention the addition of Love and Varejao?

i assume no :rolleyes:

Lebron is getting progressively worse every year, that hair transplant aint fooling no one, dude has visibly exited his prime right in front of our eyes on broadcast television

and here it is, hair transplant irrelevance when you have no foundation to back up any of your idiotic rhetoric. exited his prime, yet still the best player in the league and just came off one of the better finals we've ever seen from a player.

you need to see an optometrist...vision's a bit blurry :D

Yao Ming's Foot
06-17-2015, 11:47 AM
you know they can sign both

4 max deals on the books already when Mozgov looks to get paid?

Yikes

Kingwillball
06-17-2015, 12:00 PM
lol at this thread.. Cavs have chance to be dominant next season. Core will be back will sign a couple bench players who actually can contribute unlike matrix, miller and Perkins, Haywood ect..

ALBballer
06-17-2015, 12:09 PM
Shumpert and JR Smith are better players than Waiters.

The Wiggins trade was bad from the perspective the T-Wolves had no leverage and yet ending up getting a 1st overall pick for a player that was essentially leaving. Cavs should have waited it out and they would of probably gotten Love without giving up wiggins. Now aside from leverage, the trade was fair for both parties. Cavs got a bigman that helps spread the floor that can rebound and pass and Wolves got a centerpiece for the future.

People were criticizing Love all season but he would of been useful in the finals. Lebron played his best when Cavs were playing small ball opening up the lane for Lebron to drive to the lane. Someone like Love would of opened up the floor for Lebron while adding a rebounder, a good passer and someone that could play down low at times. GSW couldn't guard Mozgov and Love would have given them trouble down low as well.

Cavs will be fine if Love stays which he should for atleast for one more year.

NBASTATMAN
06-17-2015, 12:12 PM
I think Trading Wiggins will hurt the most.. Waiters scuked on OKC too... :lol

NBASTATMAN
06-17-2015, 12:14 PM
4 max deals on the books already when Mozgov looks to get paid?

Yikes

MOSGOV is not a max player... Though Cleveland did overpay for THE BRAZILIAN.. And he isn't even as good as TT, MOSGOV or Love... I would trade his arse.

STATUTORY
06-17-2015, 12:15 PM
it did amuse me to see Lebron with a squad of ex-knicks this series, Iman, JR, Mozgov, prettty much drove home that we wouldn't have won anything even if Lebron had come to the knicks

DonDadda59
06-17-2015, 12:16 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

BigTicket
06-17-2015, 12:16 PM
Cavs just had the best season in franchise history, and might well have won their first title if not for injuries. And they are among the favorites to win next year.

Yes, they gave up Wiggins and Waiters (lol) for that, as well they should have.

Smoke117
06-17-2015, 12:17 PM
you really don't know much about basketball....

dion waiters lol

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i477/rbarber1234/901c4d31abbf0721cbf80241b698728e_400x1000.gif

hawksdogsbraves
06-17-2015, 12:19 PM
The only bad move was trading Wiggins for Love. No need for Love when you have Thompson to play the 4, and Wiggins is a perfect running mate for Irving/LeBron. Super athletic, a good defender, can shoot 3's, he's exactly the kind of player Bran loves playing with.

Plus they'd be saving a lot of money AND now they have to deal with the distinct possibility that Love straight up leaves.

Waiters is shit though moving him was a great idea.

jayfan
06-17-2015, 12:19 PM
The Waiters trade was a win. So was the Mozgov acquisition. But the Love trade, if he leaves now, will go down as one of the worst trades in the history of pro sports.

NattyPButter
06-17-2015, 12:20 PM
Trade still pisses me off. As I and others kept saying we already have injury prone players on the team, and look what happens every single one of the was hurt again. Shump is also injury prone.

ALBballer
06-17-2015, 12:23 PM
The only bad move was trading Wiggins for Love. No need for Love when you have Thompson to play the 4, and Wiggins is a perfect running mate for Irving/LeBron. Super athletic, a good defender, can shoot 3's, he's exactly the kind of player Bran loves playing with.

Waiters is shit though moving him was a great idea.

Yes but what most of you guys are forgetting is even when Love had a down year he still opened up the floor for Kyrie and Lebron. The threat alone makes him valuable because he provides spacing.

Lebron wasn't able to dominate the paint when Mozgov and Thompson were on the court together against GSW. What makes Lebron so great is his ability to drive and pass the ball when teams try to double. Thompson and Mozgov and most bigs can not provide the spacing Love can.

Besides during the 4th both Thompson and Love would have played together.

Jailblazers7
06-17-2015, 12:23 PM
Why does everyone think Love is going to leave this summer? I really don't understand the reasoning outside of people thinking that he isn't happy.

Derka
06-17-2015, 12:24 PM
Why does everyone think Love is going to leave this summer? I really don't understand the reasoning outside of people thinking that he isn't happy.
Especially confusing since he's already said he's playing in Cleveland next season. :wtf:

STATUTORY
06-17-2015, 01:05 PM
Especially confusing since he's already said he's playing in Cleveland next season. :wtf:
i will believe it when the season starts

JerrySeinfeld
06-17-2015, 01:07 PM
Seems like Waiters was in a lose/lose situation in Cleveland in all honesty.

I think he's been getting severely underrated on this board for how much potential he has to be a two way threat and if OKC's new coach is a good one like Kerr/Blatt, Waiters could have a huge season next year, possibly be comeback player of the year

STATUTORY
06-17-2015, 01:08 PM
Seems like Waiters was in a lose/lose situation in Cleveland in all honesty.

I think he's been getting severely underrated on this board for how much potential he has to be a two way threat and if OKC's new coach is a good one like Kerr/Blatt, Waiters could have a huge season next year, possibly be comeback player of the year

he's a natural scorer in a position that severely lacks talent, look for him to do big things in the future

veilside23
06-17-2015, 01:14 PM
nothing to warrant this assumption that he will be

where do you base your reason as to why Wiggins will not pan out?

nba_55
06-17-2015, 01:16 PM
Love is not leaving, accept it and move on.

JerrySeinfeld
06-17-2015, 01:17 PM
he's a natural scorer in a position that severely lacks talent, look for him to do big things in the future

He's a great defender, good playmaker when he wants to be, and a good slasher.

He just needs a coach who will get him to fall out of love with deep 2's, commit to being primarily a slasher with the exception of open 3's, and use his playmaking abilities a bit more and he'll be a solid 2 guard.

You look at his stats his first two years in the league and they are pretty good. Went from averaging 15 PPG as a rookie to averaging 16PPG the next season on much improved efficiency...

Things just went south once LeBron showed up and Waiters was playing all season knowing at any moment he was gonna get shipped out

STATUTORY
06-17-2015, 01:21 PM

He just needs a coach who will get him to fall out of love with deep 2's, commit to being primarily a slasher with the exception of open 3's, and use his playmaking abilities a bit more and he'll be a solid 2 guard.

You look at his stats his first two years in the league and they are pretty good. Went from averaging 15 PPG as a rookie to averaging 16PPG the next season on much improved efficiency...

Things just went south once LeBron showed up and Waiters was playing all season knowing at any moment he was gonna get shipped out
agreed on all counts, people trashing him don't know talent

Lebron's arrival really f@cked up his development. There would been plenty of possessions to go around between him kyrie and wiggins

but Bron gonna Bron

Legends66NBA7
06-17-2015, 01:23 PM
Waiters is garbage. If he turns out to be anything than an average player, I'll be surprised. Wiggins, even with ROY, is overrated and isn't developing at the same level in Cleveland.

If they don't make the trade, the aren't even being discussed at the moment.

ShawkFactory
06-17-2015, 01:38 PM

What about his play once he got to OKC? Didn't look much better.

Doesn't seem to be Lebrons fault that he's a dumbass.