PDA

View Full Version : Highest Ratings since Jordan Era

Funktion
06-17-2015, 02:41 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/6/17/8795971/2015-nba-finals-tv-ratings-abc-nielsen-warriors-vs-cavaliers

With an average overnight rating of 13.9 for the six-game series, it's the most-watched Finals since Michael Jordan's final championship with the Chicago Bulls in 1998.

WorldWarriors
06-17-2015, 02:45 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/6/17/8795971/2015-nba-finals-tv-ratings-abc-nielsen-warriors-vs-cavaliers

With an average overnight rating of 13.9 for the six-game series, it's the most-watched Finals since Michael Jordan's final championship with the Chicago Bulls in 1998.

Lebron brings em to the yard though.

HOoopCityJones
06-17-2015, 02:46 PM
Lebron brings em to the yard though.

Curry*

konex
06-17-2015, 02:47 PM
Steph is really popular :applause:

MEB2kDeez
06-17-2015, 02:47 PM
Curry*
Yup.

DonDadda59
06-17-2015, 02:48 PM
Iggy the new face of the league :bowdown:

Props to Riley Curry for driving ratings too.

Cold soul
06-17-2015, 02:52 PM
Curry the new face of NBA. :bowdown:

Achilleas
06-17-2015, 02:55 PM
curry family
steph , riley, and his mother
triangle

nba_55
06-17-2015, 02:57 PM
So now Lebron is also more popular than Kobe has ever been. :applause: :applause:

Jlamb47
06-17-2015, 02:59 PM
So now Lebron is also more popular than Kobe has ever been. :applause: :applause:

Being more popular is cool but winning more rings is better

imdaman99
06-17-2015, 02:59 PM
His popularity is all manufactured. Where were the ratings in 2007 when he was getting swept out of the Finals?

He is a ratings magnet because he forced half the NBA viewers into hating him for his ill-advised hour long reality show.

WorldWarriors
06-17-2015, 03:02 PM
Curry*

Curry and the Warriors no doubt brought in the viewership too.

But I have to believe that a lot of people were tuning in to see if Lebron could fulfill that dream of bringing Cleveland a ring. That's been the story of the postseason. So many people were rooting for and against this guy.

nba_55
06-17-2015, 03:02 PM
His popularity is all manufactured. Where were the ratings in 2007 when he was getting swept out of the Finals?

He is a ratings magnet because he forced half the NBA viewers into hating him for his ill-advised hour long reality show.

I said now, not 2007. And I didn't say he was the more likeable popular player, stop being so insecure.

DonDadda59
06-17-2015, 03:03 PM

I honestly wasn't joking about Riley driving ratings. I saw a bunch of females who never watched a single basketball game posting about her on facebook and talking about the series all of a sudden. That little bugger became a cultural phenomenon after those post game conferences.

Bron's been in the past 4 finals before this and the ratings never came close to what they just were.

Da Hammer
Alpha Male Sidekick Curry bringing in them ratings :applause:

nba_55
Being more popular is cool but winning more rings is better

Yeah, I guess Fisher >> Bird

HOoopCityJones
06-17-2015, 03:04 PM
Curry and the Warriors no doubt brought in the viewership too.

But I have to believe that a lot of people were tuning in to see if Lebron could fulfill that dream of bringing Cleveland a ring. That's been the story of the postseason. So many people were rooting for and against this guy.

Bron's been in the past 4 finals before this and the ratings never came close to what they just were.

This.

HOoopCityJones
06-17-2015, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I guess Fisher >> Bird

The fact you don't know the difference between role players and main cogs speaks volumes about how full of shit you are.

nba_55
06-17-2015, 03:06 PM
I honestly wasn't joking about Riley driving ratings. I saw a bunch of females who never watched a single basketball game posting about her on facebook and talking about the series all of a sudden. That little bugger became a cultural phenomenon after those post game conferences.

They were still better than Kobe led teams ratings.

nba_55
06-17-2015, 03:07 PM
The fact you don't know the difference between role players and main cogs speaks volumes about how full of shit you are.

That poster didn't mention role player and main cogs. And Kobe was a role player for 3 of this championships, accept it and move on.

WorldWarriors
06-17-2015, 03:09 PM

Yeah but there was this huge deal about him going back to Cleveland and bringing them their first NBA championship ever.

Come on now. That's the stuff that makes ratings.

And of course it was the matchup with the best team in the league and the baby faced assassin.

I know people were trying to see if Lebron was gonna get that ring for Cleveland.

HOoopCityJones
06-17-2015, 03:09 PM
That poster didn't mention role player and main cogs. And Kobe was a role player for 3 of this championships, accept it and move on.

So someone has to tell you the difference between a Derrick Fisher and Larry Bird? If Kobe was a role player, so was Kareem and Bird.

nba_55
06-17-2015, 03:11 PM
So someone has to tell you the difference between a Derrick Fisher and Larry Bird? If Kobe was a role player, so was Kareem and Bird.
I just showed what was wrong with his statement. Rings are team accomplishments.

DonDadda59
06-17-2015, 03:13 PM
They were still better than Kobe led teams ratings.

And that's supposed to mean what to me? :confusedshrug:

Yeah but there was this huge deal about him going back to Cleveland and bringing them their first NBA championship ever.

Come on now. That's the stuff that makes ratings.

And of course it was the matchup with the best team in the league and the baby faced assassin.

I know people were trying to see if Lebron was gonna get that ring for Cleveland.

Yeah, the whole world was waiting with bated breath to see if the championship was going to Cleveland, Ohio. :whatever:

HOoopCityJones
06-17-2015, 03:13 PM
I just showed what was wrong with his statement. Rings are team accomplishments.

Except in the context of comparing all time great's accomplishments.

Matter of fact why am I even talking to you. :biggums:

Only way to deal with people of your class is 2/6

nba_55
06-17-2015, 03:14 PM
Except in the context of comparing all time great's accomplishments.

Matter of fact why am I even talking to you. :biggums:

Only way to deal with people of your class is 2/6

2/7

nba_55
06-17-2015, 03:16 PM
And that's supposed to mean what to me? :confusedshrug:

Yeah, the whole world was waiting with bated breath to see if the championship was going to Cleveland, Ohio. :whatever:

That my statement stays true. Lebron is more popular than Kobe, that's how our discussion started.

Bernkastel
06-17-2015, 03:28 PM
LeBron crushing the EC got higher ratings than the Warriors' trip. LeBron love/hate soars through the roof. +GS hype.

Rocketswin2013
06-17-2015, 03:33 PM
LeBron crushing the EC got higher ratings than the Warriors' trip. LeBron love/hate soars through the roof. +GS hype.
This.