PDA

View Full Version : Fatigue: Huge reason why Lebron played so poorly

9erempiree
06-17-2015, 04:20 PM
"Lebron was fatigued. Kobe and MJ never dealt with fatigue."

I am hearing this shit of an excuse making the rounds today around the basketball community, more so, his fans.

warriorfan
06-17-2015, 04:21 PM
didn't even play a full regular season too

imnew09
06-17-2015, 04:22 PM
Surprised he gets fatigue so quick with such a small d***

kennethgriffin
06-17-2015, 04:23 PM
Ever since they banned hgh lebrons been struggling to keep up with the trials if an nba season

EllisGW
06-17-2015, 04:24 PM
Who said he played bad? White trash

STATUTORY
06-17-2015, 04:26 PM
Lebron first player in history of the game to deal with fatigue

Details coming up

Done_And_Done
06-17-2015, 04:26 PM
Surprised he gets fatigue so quick with such a small d***

lol

Not as if he's lugging around additional weight right?

EllisGW
06-17-2015, 04:27 PM
Why are white people the most racist in American history?

bond10
06-17-2015, 04:27 PM
Well that's what happens when you choose to be ball dominant and take the majority of the team's shots

riseagainst
06-17-2015, 04:29 PM
if 36-13-9 against the best defensive team in the league is bad, what does that make kobe's 6/24 game?

:lol

kennethgriffin
06-17-2015, 04:32 PM
if 36-13-9 against the best defensive team in the league is bad, what does that make kobe's 6/24 game?

:lol

Lebrons entire nba finals was 6 for 24 percentages... atleast kobes was only 1 game

Beyond 5 feet lebron shot 28%...

Lmfao

nba_55
06-17-2015, 04:34 PM
Talk about fatigue when Kobe or MJ makes 5 straight finals.

Braincells
06-17-2015, 05:30 PM
He had a 7 day mini vacation before the finals started. That's like a month for us mortal folks.

No excuses. Shut up and play like it's like your last game.

daily
06-17-2015, 06:06 PM
Fatigue this year, cramps last year, cranky, heading to the lockerroom before the end of the game in others

Sounds like his career is one big Midol moment

HOoopCityJones
06-17-2015, 06:08 PM
Talk about fatigue after 3peating.

BBallZen83
06-17-2015, 06:14 PM
Jesus guys, come on. Of course he is fatigued. Has there ever been a player to play more minutes than him by age 30? He has made it to the finals for FIVE straight years. He has played in 3 Olympics. He is basically never injured. Fatigue is not a damn excuse. It's just the reality.

Can't you guys just troll about things that make sense at least.

BBallZen83
06-17-2015, 06:20 PM
Talk about fatigue after 3peating.

And how does this make any sense? He played in 5 finals instead of 3, and he also hasn't gone on a 2 year vacation in his prime to suck at baseball.

warriorfan
06-17-2015, 06:22 PM
And how does this make any sense? He played in 5 finals instead of 3, and he also hasn't gone on a 2 year vacation in his prime to suck at baseball.

2/6ing must be exhausting

HOoopCityJones
06-17-2015, 06:43 PM

I'd be tired of losing too

BBallZen83
06-17-2015, 06:46 PM
No real answers. Suprising.

HOoopCityJones
06-17-2015, 06:47 PM
No real answers. Suprising.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/TheJerseyGeek/Gifs/KGReaction-1.gif

BBallZen83
06-17-2015, 06:47 PM
All these armchair athletes in here knowing all about how one shouldn't be tired after playing in to June every year for the past 5 years, and playing in an Olympics to boot.

BBallZen83
06-17-2015, 06:49 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/TheJerseyGeek/Gifs/KGReaction-1.gif

Dude, I know you are a better poster than this. Don't go completely to the dark side AKA Keneth.

vert48
06-17-2015, 06:50 PM
You'd be fatigued too carrying around that massive ego.

HOoopCityJones
06-17-2015, 06:52 PM
All these armchair athletes in here knowing all about how one shouldn't be tired after playing in to June every year for the past 5 years, and playing in an Olympics to boot.

Bro, Lebron is not the only Basketball player who's ever dealt with fatigue.

You don't think The 08-10 Lakers weren't tired after their three year run to the Finals when they were swept by Dallas in 2011?

Phil Jackson "The Zen" Master was punching Pau in the chest for crying out loud. :lol

If there's one thing you bron stans make it easy to do it's hate Lebron, there's an excuse for everything (a benefit they don't apply to other players) and he's always too tired and needs more help. So do the other 29 Teams in the League. :facepalm

LeFraud James
06-17-2015, 06:53 PM
You'd be fatigued too carrying around that massive ego.

:oldlol:

Prometheus
06-17-2015, 07:01 PM
He didn't play poorly, but he didn't play great either.

He was dominant, but not efficient.

BBallZen83
06-17-2015, 07:06 PM
Bro, Lebron is not the only Basketball player who's ever dealt with fatigue.

You don't think The 08-10 Lakers weren't tired after their three year run to the Finals when they were swept by Dallas in 2011?

Phil Jackson "The Zen" Master was punching Pau in the chest for crying out loud. :lol

If there's one thing you bron stans make it easy to do it's hate Lebron, there's an excuse for everything (a benefit they don't apply to other players) and he's always too tired and needs more help. So do the other 29 Teams in the League. :facepalm

Dude, I am a self-identifying Bron stan, no doubt. I try to at least be reasonable. I'm a mature enough human being to give Kobe his credit as an all-time great. I just think that fatigue makes more sense in this case then any other situation I can directly think of.

I can't think of anyone who has played more minutes by the age of 30. Would you disagree??

He has been to the finals five times in a row, and always, ALWAYS, carries a large work load, immensely larger this playoffs due to injury. Would you disagree??

He averaged something like 46 minutes a game in these finals while having a very heavy usage rate( I know that you would argue it was a dumb plan, but it worked for the first 3 games, and was probably their only chance even though it mucked up the game and he ended up being very inefficient). Would you disagree??

Dude... DUDE! He has a more legitimate argument for fatigue than just about anyone I can think of. Why is that hard to concede?

I don't give him excuses for choking against Dallas or quitting against Boston in 2010. This is a legitimate excuse.

Solefade
06-17-2015, 07:11 PM
Lebrons entire nba finals was 6 for 24 percentages... atleast kobes was only 1 game

Beyond 5 feet lebron shot 28%...

Lmfao

kobe the lowest PER FMVP in the history of the nba lmao..lower than pau gasol

HOoopCityJones
06-17-2015, 07:12 PM
Dude, I am a self-identifying Bron stan, no doubt. I try to at least be reasonable. I'm a mature enough human being to give Kobe his credit as an all-time great. I just think that fatigue makes more sense in this case then any other situation I can directly think of.

I can't think of anyone who has played more minutes by the age of 30. Would you disagree??

He has been to the finals five times in a row, and always, ALWAYS, carries a large work load, immensely larger this playoffs due to injury. Would you disagree??

He averaged something like 46 minutes a game in these finals while having a very heavy usage rate( I know that you would argue it was a dumb plan, but it worked for the first 3 games, and was probably their only chance even though it mucked up the game and he ended up being very inefficient). Would you disagree??

Dude... DUDE! He has a more legitimate argument for fatigue than just about anyone I can think of. Why is that hard to concede?

I don't give him excuses for choking against Dallas or quitting against Boston in 2010. This is a legitimate excuse.

The real excuse is that the Cavs were short-handed bro...It's that simple, no one can do it on their own, especially against a deep Team like GSW, you need all hands on deck. But Lebron is not the only player who faces fatigue, KD and Dwight's bodies breaking down this pass year is enough to tell you that. Kobe's been dealing with injuries on and off since 2013, Cp3 got hurt in the middle of the series against The Rockets, and damn near half the league got hurt in the playoffs, including members of The Cavs.

Lebron looked mighty fine to me dropping triple doubles and shit, it's just when those games get ever so closer he refuses to blow the top off (game 1 and game 6 in particular)

HOoopCityJones
06-17-2015, 07:12 PM
kobe the lowest PER FMVP in the history of the nba lmao..lower than pau gasol

Considering that metirc was designed to discredit him in particular by Hollinger, it's not surprising.

BBallZen83
06-17-2015, 07:23 PM
The real excuse is that the Cavs were short-handed bro...It's that simple, no one can do it on their own, especially against a deep Team like GSW, you need all hands on deck. But Lebron is not the only player who faces fatigue, KD and Dwight's bodies breaking down this pass year is enough to tell you that. Kobe's been dealing with injuries on and off since 2013, Cp3 got hurt in the middle of the series against The Rockets, and damn near half the league got hurt in the playoffs, including members of The Cavs.

Lebron looked mighty fine to me dropping triple doubles and shit, it's just when those games get ever so closer he refuses to blow the top off (game 1 and game 6 in particular)

Well yeah, of course that was the glaring problem from the get go, especially after Irving went down.

As far as blowing the top off, he just started to look really tired late in games. I know the joke in past years was that you couldn't get change from Bron for a dollar cause he didn't have a 4th quarter (har har har). Yeah, he choked late in games against Dallas in 2011. He just wore down in games this year.... and his jumper was broke as a joke. It has been all playoffs. Hope he gets back to finding a consistent jumper in the offseason.

Lot's of Lebron trolls are MIA right now, first shit posting and then ghosting now. I'm not one of them. Yeah, I'm a stan, but so what. Lots of people are. Not everyone grows up in a basketball city and has a team affiliation. I was a Jordan stan in the 90's. And Lebron is no Jordan, I already know that. I'm not delusional.

Bottom line, I just want to discuss with people on here who are up for discussing and debating opinions, and I'm not hiding in my mom's basement even though Cavs lost. It happens. It's still only basketball.

FKAri
06-17-2015, 07:25 PM
A) he's a big dude who's still trying to play like a guard at 30 so he is going to get tired
B) nigguh cant score in the half court. At least no where near Kobe or MJ
C) he's also carrying the ball handlings + playmaking load

Da_Realist
06-17-2015, 07:56 PM
He didn't play poorly, but he didn't play great either.

He was dominant, but not efficient.

How would you rate his 4th quarters and overtimes?

FKAri
06-17-2015, 08:08 PM

The air-balls from 5 feet were dominant but not efficient

Prometheus
06-17-2015, 08:11 PM

Gotta give him credit for going out shooting... just like everyone has always wanted him to. But he couldn't make a f*ckin bucket to save his life so I would rate it as pretty awful.

andgar923
06-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Cut the horseshit 'fatigue' excuses.

He played poorly because he doesn't have any moves.

How can he be tired if he wasn't doubled and triple teamed all game?
How can he be tired if he isolated all game long?
How can he be tired if he didn't play defense?
How can he be tired if there was long rebounds that he didn't have to battle in the paint for?
How can he be tired if most of his shots were jumpers?

Even if one wants to accept the 'tired' bullshit, what the f*ck?

Like posted in other threads, there's been other players playing the same or more minutes, yet that excuse wasn't used.

The Cavs lost because they were outmaned, that's a very very legit excuse.

But Bron wasn't inefficient because he was tired, he was inefficient because he's not a great scorer. Put someone that's similar to his size and athleticism and his lack of skills are exposed.

Da_Realist
06-17-2015, 09:20 PM
Gotta give him credit for going out shooting... just like everyone has always wanted him to. But he couldn't make a f*ckin bucket to save his life so I would rate it as pretty awful.

I asked because I hate what is happening. Not that I hate Lebron cause I don't...though I do think his game is ugly. We don't call a duck a duck anymore. Our perception of everything now is based on numbers. Lebron was godawful. Multiple blown layups. Midrange game was horrible. He was historically bad when the game was on the line. Multiple times complaining to the refs when he didn't get a call while GS was racing down to the other end of the court. Multiple times blaming his teammates for his own mistakes. Even some of the shots he hit were shots you wouldn't want anyone to take.

Yet, because he had good overall numbers, it's a historic finals effort? Under the circumstances...good. But historic? One of those 4th quarters he scored 0 points. And that wasn't Game 2 where he shot like 2-11 to end the game (or something like that.) And it wasn't last night's game where he was 6 for 12 at some point and finished 13-33. So he ended the game going 7-21. This is a historic finals effort??? It's like we just look at the box score to draw our conclusions.

Which is the case with Lebron more than anyone else. You see one thing...he may be great, good or average but his boxscore ALWAYS looks good. 35, 13 and 9 does not show how he totally disappeared down the stretch of most of those games. Lebron gets crowned for pounding the ball and dictating everything, racking up stats and no one cares about the details. Little kids are taking notes and pretty soon all we'll have in the league are Lebron's spiritual sons trying to average a triple double and they will avoid any criticism in the details of the game because fans have been conditioned to judge a player's worth by his box score.

Dominate the ball, grab enough rebounds and shoot enough...no one will notice that you can't play off ball, shoot a midrange shot consistently, and you fade too often in the clutch.

I say all that knowing the "myth" of Michael Jordan has created the Russell Westbrook-ian mess we are watching today, i.e. every star has to shoot 30 times a game and ALWAYS take the last shot to the detriment of ball movement. I call it a "myth" because MJ was actually good at playing within an offense but the myth is he did everything single-handedly. Lebron may have the same effect.

There is no doubt in my mind that Cleveland fully healthy would have beaten Golden State. Lebron was not playing with a team that was ready to compete for a championship without Kyrie. At the same time, Cleveland had a massive advantage down low. Tristan Thompson and Mosgov should never be thrown under the bus after the series they just played. They rebounded all those misses and kept Cleveland in the game. I saw Tristan make some nice shots that had nothing to do with Lebron. And he grabbed 32 offensive rebounds. That's more than 5 a game! Mosgov dropped 28 when he was actually fed the ball more than 5 or 6 times. And he swatted away many layup attempts.

It's not like Cleveland had no advantages at all, even with the injuries. They had Lebron James and two big guys GS could not keep off the boards.

Call this a good series...even a great effort. But to call this a historic finals is a win to basketball-reference and a loss for basketball.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-17-2015, 09:27 PM
I asked because I hate what is happening. Not that I hate Lebron cause I don't...though I do think his game is ugly. We don't call a duck a duck anymore. Our perception of everything now is based on numbers. Lebron was godawful. Multiple blown layups. Midrange game was horrible. He was historically bad when the game was on the line. Multiple times complaining to the refs when he didn't get a call while GS was racing down to the other end of the court. Multiple times blaming his teammates for his own mistakes. Even some of the shots he hit were shots you wouldn't want anyone to take.

Yet, because he had good overall numbers, it's a historic finals effort? Under the circumstances...good. But historic? One of those 4th quarters he scored 0 points. And that wasn't Game 2 where he shot like 2-11 to end the game (or something like that.) And it wasn't last night's game where he was 6 for 12 at some point and finished 13-33. So he ended the game going 7-21. This is a historic finals effort??? It's like we just look at the box score to draw our conclusions.

Which is the case with Lebron more than anyone else. You see one thing...he may be great, good or average but his boxscore ALWAYS looks good. 35, 13 and 9 does not show how he totally disappeared down the stretch of most of those games. Lebron gets crowned for pounding the ball and dictating everything, racking up stats and no one cares about the details. Little kids are taking notes and pretty soon all we'll have in the league are Lebron's spiritual sons trying to average a triple double and they will avoid any criticism in the details of the game because fans have been conditioned to judge a player's worth by his box score.

Dominate the ball, grab enough rebounds and shoot enough...no one will notice that you can't play off ball, shoot a midrange shot consistently, and you fade too often in the clutch.

I say all that knowing the "myth" of Michael Jordan has created the Russell Westbrook-ian mess we are watching today, i.e. every star has to shoot 30 times a game and ALWAYS take the last shot to the detriment of ball movement. I call it a "myth" because MJ was actually good at playing within an offense but the myth is he did everything single-handedly. Lebron may have the same effect.

There is no doubt in my mind that Cleveland fully healthy would have beaten Golden State. Lebron was not playing with a team that was ready to compete for a championship without Kyrie. At the same time, Cleveland had a massive advantage down low. Tristan Thompson and Mosgov should never be thrown under the bus after the series they just played. They rebounded all those misses and kept Cleveland in the game. I saw Tristan make some nice shots that had nothing to do with Lebron. And he grabbed 32 offensive rebounds. That's more than 5 a game! Mosgov dropped 28 when he was actually fed the ball more than 5 or 6 times. And he swatted away many layup attempts.

It's not like Cleveland had no advantages at all, even with the injuries. They had Lebron James and two big guys GS could not keep off the boards.

Call this a good series...even a great effort. But to call this a historic finals is a win to basketball-reference and a loss for basketball.

I don't agree with calling LeBron, overall, "awful" in this series - but this post is mostly spot on. Historic is a huge stretch if you're shooting 28% from 5 feet and out (over 100 attempts in this series) and 47%TS overall.

Dude made Allen Iverson look somewhat efficient.

sportjames23
06-17-2015, 09:28 PM
2/6 2/6 2/6 2/6 2/6 2/6 2/6 2/6.

Can anyone make out what this moron is saying? I took Spanish in school, not 2/6.

97 bulls
06-17-2015, 09:29 PM

Great post Real. The only thing i would add is his defense. Which was nonexistent.

Da_Realist
06-17-2015, 09:30 PM
I don't agree with calling LeBron, overall, "awful" in this series - but this post is mostly spot on. Historic is a huge stretch if you're shooting 28% from 5 feet and out (over 100 attempts in this series) and 47%TS overall.

Dude made Allen Iverson look somewhat efficient.

I meant he shot godawful. His overall play wasn't awful.

Prometheus
06-17-2015, 09:44 PM
poignant rant

At whom is this directed though? Who is calling it a historic Finals effort? ESPN?

Everyone who pays attention knows that LeBron got his gaudy PPG and APG by being Cleveland's entire offense. For that alone, he deserves a ton of credit. He played the point very well, managed to set up his teammates for open threes and inside opportunities with a very good assist-turnover ratio... and did all that while shouldering the burden of taking like 40% of their shots for the entire series.

Everyone who pays attention also knows that his touch was horrible. It wasn't just outside shots - he was awful from everywhere. I've been watching him play basketball since his first NBA game and I've never seen him miss layups and inside buckets like that. Sh*t was honestly weird, inexplicable, and not fun to watch. It must be heart-breaking for LeBron and his dearest fans to think, to KNOW that if he had even shot reasonably well on all his make-able opportunities this series... they would have had a chance.

Had he even managed to hit the ones you'd expect him to hit, it would have been an absolutely historic Finals effort, win or lose. He was a combination of very great and oddly bad... which, in the end, made him neither.

buddha
06-17-2015, 10:10 PM
Jesus guys, come on. Of course he is fatigued. Has there ever been a player to play more minutes than him by age 30? He has made it to the finals for FIVE straight years. He has played in 3 Olympics. He is basically never injured. Fatigue is not a damn excuse. It's just the reality.

Can't you guys just troll about things that make sense at least.

bro it's basketball. he's not doing some extreme contact sport, he's running up and down a court and jumping.

if he wasn't playing these extra playoff minutes he wouldn't be hibernating in a cocoon, he's an athlete, he'd be working out and training.

pegasus
06-17-2015, 10:18 PM

Perfectly put.:applause:

BBallZen83
06-17-2015, 10:40 PM
At whom is this directed though? Who is calling it a historic Finals effort? ESPN?

Everyone who pays attention knows that LeBron got his gaudy PPG and APG by being Cleveland's entire offense. For that alone, he deserves a ton of credit. He played the point very well, managed to set up his teammates for open threes and inside opportunities with a very good assist-turnover ratio... and did all that while shouldering the burden of taking like 40% of their shots for the entire series.

Everyone who pays attention also knows that his touch was horrible. It wasn't just outside shots - he was awful from everywhere. I've been watching him play basketball since his first NBA game and I've never seen him miss layups and inside buckets like that. Sh*t was honestly weird, inexplicable, and not fun to watch. It must be heart-breaking for LeBron and his dearest fans to think, to KNOW that if he had even shot reasonably well on all his make-able opportunities this series... they would have had a chance.

Had he even managed to hit the ones you'd expect him to hit, it would have been an absolutely historic Finals effort, win or lose. He was a combination of very great and oddly bad... which, in the end, made him neither.

Great point, and agreed. His effort was great, I feel like mentally he was better than ever this playoffs, he just didn't have his shot. He was broke more than I have ever seen him. It was great and bad at the same time.

And my only point about fatigue that I am trying to make is that, given the circumstances, of going to 5 finals in a row, and the way he plays and his work load, I think fatigue is a legitimate excuse. I'm not saying it excuses everything, because of course it doesn't excuse mental errors, turnovers, etc... But fatigue can effect your shot. If you don't have the lift, your jumpers tend to be short. He was short alot. Even on freethrows. I think fatigue contributed, and I think it's fairly obvious.

Da_Realist
06-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Great point, and agreed. His effort was great, I feel like mentally he was better than ever this playoffs, he just didn't have his shot. He was broke more than I have ever seen him. It was great and bad at the same time.

And my only point about fatigue that I am trying to make is that, given the circumstances, of going to 5 finals in a row, and the way he plays and his work load, I think fatigue is a legitimate excuse. I'm not saying it excuses everything, because of course it doesn't excuse mental errors, turnovers, etc... But fatigue can effect your shot. If you don't have the lift, your jumpers tend to be short. He was short alot. Even on freethrows. I think fatigue contributed, and I think it's fairly obvious.

He took 13 games off in the regular season, including 8 straight at one point. And he averaged 36 mins per game this season in the games he did play. That's like taking a whole quarter off per game! He also had NINE days off between the Conference Finals and the NBA Finals. How much more rest did he need?

BBallZen83
06-17-2015, 11:08 PM
He took 13 games off in the regular season, including 8 straight at one point. And he averaged 36 mins per game this season in the games he did play. That's like taking a whole quarter off per game! He also had NINE days off between the Conference Finals and the NBA Finals. How much more rest did he need?

I don't know man. Just look how much basketball he has played, especially since he came to Miami. I don't think any of us here can really fathom it from our sofas. I wouldn't be surprised to see a pretty sharp physical decline over the next couple of years.