PDA

View Full Version : I'm very glad ISO ball is slowly leaving the NBA

1987_Lakers
06-17-2015, 06:26 PM
2011 Mavs (#2 in APG)
2012-2014 Spurs (2 Finals appearances, 1 title)
2015 Warriors (#1 in APG)

This decade will be known as the team ball era.:applause:

HOoopCityJones
06-17-2015, 06:27 PM
Maybe the league will become the greatest it's ever been?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-17-2015, 06:28 PM
Bran tried it ISO the series. This is the weakest era since the 60s BTW

1987_Lakers
06-17-2015, 06:31 PM
Bran tried it ISO the series. This is the weakest era since the 60s BTW

The worst decade for the NBA will always be the 70's. Any true historian will confirm this.

1983-1993 (Golden era)

NZStreetBaller
06-17-2015, 06:31 PM
its only dying because lebron sucks at it and hes been in the last 5 finals and failed.

durant can literally murder anyone one on one.

Rocketswin2013
06-17-2015, 06:32 PM
Dirk nailed people on a cross from the elbow that postseason. :rolleyes:

Legends66NBA7
06-17-2015, 06:40 PM
I don't like the fact C's are getting marginalized into role players or even removed from the game altogether for small ball. Or the fact that some bigs are becoming jump shooters.

But it is a different league, so it is more intriguing to see who can adapt and who can't. That interests me more.

Spurs5Rings2014
06-17-2015, 06:46 PM
The worst decade for the NBA will always be the 70's. Any true historian will confirm this.

1983-1993 (Golden era)

That fool doesn't know basketball. No use in trying to teach him anything.

9erempiree
06-17-2015, 06:49 PM
I love ISO ball because there are times when you need it. If you need to score, just give the ball to your best player.

Lebron sucks at it because he is pretty one dimensional. He can't do much in this scenario.

How many times we see Lebron get the ISO and he dribbles it back outside so he can have a running start towards the basketball. It was quite pathetic to see.

DMV2
06-17-2015, 06:54 PM
I don't like the fact C's are getting marginalized into role players or even removed from the game altogether for small ball. Or the fact that some bigs are becoming jump shooters.

But it is a different league, so it is more intriguing to see who can adapt and who can't. That interests me more.
Crazy to think that we haven't seen a big lead his team to a championship since Shaq's 3-peat and Duncan's peak years.

Dirk is the only one but he's not really a traditional big guy.

Legends66NBA7
06-17-2015, 07:01 PM
Crazy to think that we haven't seen a big lead his team to a championship since Shaq's 3-peat and Duncan's peak years.

Dirk is the only one but he's not really a traditional big guy.

Yeah, it's a new league. I remember watching a Raptors game and Isiah Thomas was in attendance; he was speaking of the changes he wanted to do as a GM that haven't been done before. He wanted to remove the power forwards and make them more finesse oriented in terms of opening the game more (hence the stretch 4's you see today).

I'd throw KG into the Dirk tier as well, he was a better defender and rebounder but he had much more offensive help and some question how good he was in that run because he didn't win Finals MVP, but he was still their best player.

SHAQisGOAT
06-17-2015, 07:09 PM
2011 Mavs (#2 in APG)
2012-2014 Spurs (2 Finals appearances, 1 title)
2015 Warriors (#1 in APG)

This decade will be known as the team ball era.:applause:

Already was a team-ball era, tbh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN0ruk2SJ2Q

Hoping the league can move more towards it again, yea.

Even talking about superstars of major talent playing more of it (and not for the sake of stats), being more unselfish and knowing how to play as/for the team, putting ego aside for plenty of it while still stepping up as a true superstar when needed, still knowing how to score on that 1on1, still the leader... Sorta like Bird or Magic.

And not just overhandling the ball, stuff like driving/trying to get a bucket and if you don't see the opportunity just kick it out for a shooter or something, if there's still time get it back do it all over... Kinda like LeBron does plenty... Nah, rather actually playing within the flow of the game, team as a whole as the greatest goal, never mind stats, playing as the team mostly needs, doing the most and with impact on or off-ball, adjusting to teammates and strategies, making everyone better, making everyone play their game, up to their strengths, setting the TEAM up for easy buckets not just a teammate for a shot in which you'll definitely get an assist...

SyRyanYang
06-17-2015, 07:24 PM
Guys like MJ, Dirk and KD are great ISO players, but at the same time they're also excellent off the ball. Lebron on the other hand is terrible without the ball in his hand.

vert48
06-17-2015, 07:39 PM
Lebron on the other hand is terrible without the ball in his hand.The next time Lebron plays without the ball will be his first.

6 for 24
06-17-2015, 07:59 PM
On a completely unrelated note, I was very sad to hear that Kobe "the self-proclaimed Black Mamba" Bryant is expected to retire after next season.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

KiiiiNG
06-17-2015, 08:00 PM
On a completely unrelated note, I was very sad to hear that Kobe "the self-proclaimed Black Mamba" Bryant is expected to retire after next season.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
:roll: :roll:

HOoopCityJones
06-17-2015, 08:12 PM
Already was a team-ball era, tbh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN0ruk2SJ2Q

Hoping the league can move more towards it again, yea.

Even talking about superstars of major talent playing more of it (and not for the sake of stats), being more unselfish and knowing how to play as/for the team, putting ego aside for plenty of it while still stepping up as a true superstar when needed, still knowing how to score on that 1on1, still the leader... Sorta like Bird or Magic.

And not just overhandling the ball, stuff like driving/trying to get a bucket and if you don't see the opportunity just kick it out for a shooter or something, if there's still time get it back do it all over... Kinda like LeBron does plenty... Nah, rather actually playing within the flow of the game, team as a whole as the greatest goal, never mind stats, playing as the team mostly needs, doing the most and with impact on or off-ball, adjusting to teammates and strategies, making everyone better, making everyone play their game, up to their strengths, setting the TEAM up for easy buckets not just a teammate for a shot in which you'll definitely get an assist...

Still too many three's today compared to back then....I love how most the plays were made in transition back then.

Yao Ming's Foot
06-17-2015, 08:12 PM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Kobe's prime Lakers were top 5-10 in assists every year. :confusedshrug:

HOoopCityJones
06-17-2015, 08:14 PM

6 for 24 doesn't watch basketball so he wouldn't know. He's just a poor Caricature of a Kobe hater, a walking gimmick.

6 for 24
06-17-2015, 08:23 PM

A common misconception, Mr. Foot! Rampant chuckery does not necessarily preclude assists. If it did, would the "Kobe assist" be the 2nd most common metric (behind PER (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324201)