PDA

View Full Version : Scale Of 1-10 How Terrible is this Article?

Monolith
06-18-2015, 02:39 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/lebron-james-decapitates-haters-061015

Reading this made me just type out a damn essay on FB to my friend who shared it because I found it so ridiculous.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-18-2015, 03:11 AM
That wasn't posted by Whitlock? :oldlol: Dude could write a novella starring LeBron with all the creepy praise he gives him.

Right now we are all witnessing the greatest individual performance in the history of basketball

Disastrous to say the least.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-18-2015, 03:15 AM
Why is a college football blog writing about LeBron, the Bachelorette, and a transgender?

Monolith
06-18-2015, 03:23 AM
That wasn't posted by Whitlock? :oldlol: Dude could write a novella starring LeBron with all the creepy praise he gives him.

Right now we are all witnessing the greatest individual performance in basketball history

Disastrous to say the least.
Normally I can deal with all the undeserved praise Bron gets but that quote was so ridiculous that I couldn't live with myself if I ignored it. What the stans don't get is by saying ridiculous stuff like that to get the world to respect Bron like they think people should, it only furthers the hate for their beloved King in the eyes of those who dislike him.

Rose'sACL
06-18-2015, 03:27 AM
going on a site related to fox. Surprised when it is a bad article. there have been plenty of articles and tv segments overrating both kobe and jordan. The funny thing is that Jordan is the GOAT and everyone agrees on it but people still overrate him.

Heavincent
06-18-2015, 03:35 AM
It's actually ridiculous how defensive the media is about Lebron. They're so emotionally invested in him...weird to see.

"If you don't like Lebron, I don't know what to tell you"

"Greatest finals performance ever"

"Miami Cavs"

"FMVP even though he lost in 6 games and shot under 40%"

It's like...holy shit. Who gave pauk and kingwillball jobs in the media? These guys are supposed to be somewhat objective.

Legends66NBA7
06-18-2015, 03:36 AM
going on a site related to fox. Surprised when it is a bad article. there have been plenty of articles and tv segments overrating both kobe and jordan. The funny thing is that Jordan is the GOAT and everyone agrees on it but people still overrate him.

But when you get called GOAT or are a part of the discussion, there will always be a level of overrating.

Monolith
06-18-2015, 03:41 AM
The funny thing is that Jordan is the GOAT and everyone agrees on it but people still overrate him.

Well yeah but almost every superstar in any sport gets overrated at some point, there are just levels to it. In this case Jordan is overrated historically but Bron is even more overrated because he is compared to Jordan undeservingly.

catch24
06-18-2015, 03:55 AM
It's actually ridiculous how defensive the media is about Lebron. They're so emotionally invested in him...weird to see.

"If you don't like Lebron, I don't know what to tell you"

"Greatest finals performance ever"

"Miami Cavs"

"FMVP even though he lost in 6 games and shot under 40%"

It's like...holy shit. Who gave pauk and kingwillball jobs in the media? These guys are supposed to be somewhat objective.

I've noticed this too. A few weeks back I was listening to some ESPN radio show while stuck in traffic. The topic they were discussing was the alleged "bandwagon" LeBron hate. The host just asking callers why they hate dude for? After not getting what he's looking for, guy just goes on a tirade claiming LeBron has never got into trouble like Kobe off the court, isn't a team cancer, and people want to actually play with him....

Couldn't believe the flack I heard Kobe getting - and for what? To prop up LeBron's star? The hype machine makes it hard to root for the guy

sportjames23
06-18-2015, 04:08 AM

You can't overrate the GOAT.

Kvnzhangyay
06-18-2015, 04:08 AM
confirmation bias and belief perseverance work both ways

the truth is somewhere in the middle

HOoopCityJones
06-18-2015, 04:29 AM
They been at this shit for the past three weeks.

No one realizes if not for stand up guys like Hubie Brown who voted for Iggy, ESPN woulda fixed the FMVP? They were seriously pushing the narrative on every single one of their platforms.

scandisk_
06-18-2015, 04:35 AM
DENIAL ---- PRISONER OF THE MOMENT ---- FAIRLY WRITTEN

sounds about right

SyRyanYang
06-18-2015, 04:39 AM
I know that guy, he posts here under the name "pauk"

CeltsGarlic
06-18-2015, 05:07 AM
Article was telling the truth on majority of it.

truth/10 would read again