PDA

View Full Version : The Warriors finished with the same record as some other epic champs

ChrisKreager
06-18-2015, 04:03 AM
Three other teams finished 67-15 and won it all:

1986 Celtics, considered one of the GOAT teams

1992 Bulls, the best of the first threepeat teams

2000 Lakers, with Shaq at his apex of Shaqness and Kobe making The Leap

Considering very few teams have done this, Golden State deserves props

And for everyone saying GSW DIDN'T FACE SO AND SO THEY STRUGGLED TO BEAT THE BATTERED CAVS: The '92 Bulls went seven games with the Knicks. The 2000 Lakers went FIVE in round one when it was still best-of-five and needed an epic 4th quarter to stave off a 3-1 chokejob to Portland.

The teams mentioned above all went six games in their Finals like these Warriors

They all featured the league MVP

They finished far ahead of teams that were good in their own right.

warriorfan
06-18-2015, 04:08 AM
The MVP on all of those teams had multiple Hall of Famers or future Hall of Famers on their team.

Curry was the only one to not have a future Hall of Famer on his team. :applause:

1987_Lakers
06-18-2015, 04:11 AM
The teams you mentioned won multiple titles, but that doesn't take away what the Warriors just did. Golden State dominated this season like few teams have ever done, for all we know they can win more.

Cleverness
06-18-2015, 05:17 AM
I think Tim Duncan, fmvp of the defending champs from 1999, was injured for the entire playoffs too

That said, even as a Warrior's fan, I don't think I could put them up there with the 1986 Celtics....