PDA

View Full Version : If you were a star free agent deciding where to sign...

UK2K
06-19-2015, 03:49 PM
What would be your most important factors?

Teammates? Play style? Coach? Climate? Brand recognition? Prestige? Or the plain old good reason of money?

I'd like to win a title, but I also like money. NY would probably be on my list no matter what. Same with LA. I also love a warm climate, so anywhere its cold (other than NY or Boston) would be out.

How much weight do you give to each factor?

navy
06-19-2015, 03:52 PM
Max contract with a decent chance of winning it all.

Rose'sACL
06-19-2015, 03:56 PM
1. Check if owner is good.
2. A good city like
Tier1: NYC, LA, Chicago
Tier2: Bay Area, Miami.
San Antonio gets some consideration because of their team culture and Celtics because of their history.
if i have family in some city then that city gets a chance.

this is it. I don't care about winning so much that i would live in a shitty city.

warriorfan
06-19-2015, 03:57 PM
GS, best women, best weed, best team, best fans

Rose'sACL
06-19-2015, 03:58 PM
GS, best women, best weed, best team, best fans
Only portland and seattle have more hipsters.

brownmamba00
06-19-2015, 04:04 PM
Only portland and seattle have more hipsters.
portland has hipsters?

MP.Trey
06-19-2015, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't give a f*ck about locale. The only three deciding factors for me, would be, in order of importance:

1. Chances at a championship
2. Money
3. Playing time

ISHGoat
06-19-2015, 04:29 PM
If I was a star free agent Id probably be getting the max and be the #1/2 option, so apart from money and my role on the team:

1. Family
2. Quality of living
3. Championship contention

My family is currently in Toronto. Ideally, id play for the raptors. If not, id play for a city that my parents would want to live in. Id play for a city that I'd want to raise my kids in.

BlazerRed
06-19-2015, 04:31 PM
1. City
2. Money
3. Chance of winning

BlazerRed
06-19-2015, 04:31 PM
portland has hipsters?
:biggums:

UK2K
06-19-2015, 04:33 PM
portland has hipsters?
:biggums:

JimmyMcAdocious
06-19-2015, 04:38 PM
Money
Weather

Winning

Eh, city. It's more about the climate in that city because you can't change that shit. You'll have a fat contract to live wherever you want, there's attractive women every place, and there's shit to do if you look hard enough. Nevermind you're on the road most of the time during the season, anyway, and you can travel if you need to in the offseason.

JohnMax
06-19-2015, 04:40 PM
PG play

Curry is the least ball dominant and unselfish PG while still being an elite scorer

HylianNightmare
06-19-2015, 04:48 PM
Weather and money

Ariza4three
06-19-2015, 04:57 PM
I'm a greedy bastard, so money from the contract and possible endorsements will be the main decisive factor.

Don't care about climate. Too rich to care.
Money > Winning, but I will still try to earn my contract through work ethic, instead of being lazy.

EDIT: Didn't see the star part. Winning would come into play because that would affect the amount of endorsements since I am a star, so

1) Money
2) Winning

Shade8780
06-19-2015, 05:07 PM
1. Check if owner is good.
2. A good city like
Tier1: NYC, LA, Chicago
Tier2: Bay Area, Miami.
San Antonio gets some consideration because of their team culture and Celtics because of their history.
if i have family in some city then that city gets a chance.

this is it. I don't care about winning so much that i would live in a shitty city.
http://media.giphy.com/media/O5NyCibf93upy/giphy.gif

Fowl
06-19-2015, 05:43 PM
Location doesn't matter. You're on the road most of the year so who cares? Then in the off-season you can go live wherever the hell you want.

Droid101
06-19-2015, 05:48 PM
portland has hipsters?
http://static.stereogum.com/uploads/2012/02/portlandia-lg_620_350.jpg

https://growthplates.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/portlandia-we-can-pickle-that.jpg

http://media1.giphy.com/media/ej7RI5naHJnXi/giphy.gif

Rose'sACL
06-19-2015, 05:50 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/O5NyCibf93upy/giphy.gif
chicago is a great city if you have the money not to live in the shitty neighbourhoods. you have clearly never lived there.

i also put LA, NYC and chicago in the same tier because any player would make the most money playing in these cities. People who say that durant and lebron would make the same money even if they played in a big market are delusional.

ClipperRevival
06-19-2015, 05:54 PM
If I'm a star, the money will be there. All I want to do is compete and win and cement my legacy. Everything else is secondary. Like someone else said, you travel most of the year and can live at home in the offseason.

UK2K
06-19-2015, 06:21 PM
I'm a greedy bastard, so money from the contract and possible endorsements will be the main decisive factor.

Don't care about climate. Too rich to care.
Money > Winning, but I will still try to earn my contract through work ethic, instead of being lazy.

EDIT: Didn't see the star part. Winning would come into play because that would affect the amount of endorsements since I am a star, so

1) Money
2) Winning

At least you're honest.

UK2K
06-19-2015, 06:22 PM
chicago is a great city if you have the money not to live in the shitty neighbourhoods. you have clearly never lived there.

i also put LA, NYC and chicago in the same tier because any player would make the most money playing in these cities. People who say that durant and lebron would make the same money even if they played in a big market are delusional.

My brother paid $140 for an Uber ride in Chicago during surge pricing.

Ariza4three
06-19-2015, 06:26 PM
At least you're honest.

To me, I want to be able to maximize my time spent on NBA, so that I have enough money in case I get a freak injury or I want to retire as soon as I stop playing basketball.

Winning is definitely nice and I would hate to screw the team that signed me that contract by playing lackadaisical, but I see it as you have 1/30 chance of winning a championship. Those are pretty bad odds.

BlakFrankWhite
06-19-2015, 06:32 PM
The "teammates" option

That means I'd pick OKC...who cares about living in an ugly hicktown....when I play alongside KD and GOATbrook....and win titles

Rose'sACL
06-19-2015, 06:33 PM
My brother paid $140 for an Uber ride in Chicago during surge pricing.
that has happened with someone in every big city.

navy
06-19-2015, 06:34 PM
The "teammates" option

That means I'd pick OKC...who cares about living in an ugly hicktown....when I play alongside KD and GOATbrook....and win titles
Well about that...

VengefulAngel
06-19-2015, 07:42 PM
Location doesn't matter. You're on the road most of the year so who cares? Then in the off-season you can go live wherever the hell you want.

This. :cheers: