PDA

View Full Version : Better defense Bron or Curry in the finals?

sundizz
06-20-2015, 12:45 AM
Who played better defense in the finals?

Lebron seemed to get dominated and scored on by everyone when he got switched on them. - Curry and Green mainly. The only person I saw him defend well was Harrison Barnes. But even Barnes was calling for the ball when Bron was on him in the 4th.

LeBron's finals in review:
-Shot historically poorly
-Didn't defend
-Grabbed the highest % of uncontested boards
-Didn't make any hockey assists
-Threw his teammates under the bus
-"Expose-gate"
-Was uncoachable

navy
06-20-2015, 12:57 AM
Im not sure what you were watching, but Lebron guarded Green and Curry for like 10 total possessions in 6 games. Of course you would remember the makes and not the misses as that is what you are looking for.

Anyways, the Cavs were picking on Curry for most of the series. He doesnt know how to guard the pick and roll as well as the pick and pop so they exploited it many times. In fact, they even took Curry off Delladova and he has no scoring ability.

Lebron and Curry's defense werent anything to ride home about. It didnt really need to be. They werent the guys that were involved in many of the defensive possessions.

sd3035
06-20-2015, 12:58 AM
Curry easily

G0ATbe
06-20-2015, 01:00 AM
Curry and its not close. Like you said, only player that didn't relentlessly bully him every game was Barnes and even so, this happened:lol :lol :lol :lol

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/061415_harbarbron.jpg

chips93
06-20-2015, 01:01 AM
Anyways, the Cavs were picking on Curry for most of the series. He doesnt know how to guard the pick and roll as well as the pick and pop so they exploited it many times. In fact, they even took Curry off Delladova and he has no scoring ability.

they went at curry, but it wasnt particularly effective, at least not in the later games

he held up much better defensively than i expected

Lebron and Curry's defense werent anything to ride home about. It didnt really need to be. They werent the guys that were involved in many of the defensive possessions.

this

ultimately neither player's defense really mattered in the big picture

navy
06-20-2015, 01:08 AM
Curry and its not close. Like you said, only player that didn't relentlessly bully him every game was Barnes and even so, this happened:lol :lol :lol :lol

This is what im talking about. People only remember the makes. In that very same game Lebron lead in rim protection allowing only 16.7% . Draymond allowed 33%.

they went at curry, but it wasnt particularly effective, at least not in the later games

he held up much better defensively than i expected

this

ultimately neither player's defense really mattered in the big picture

They stopped going at Curry when they moved him to Shumpert and Shump couldnt score. But they still used Curry to do stuff like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONyWtR_r9WM
Was Curry or Lebron really in enough defensive possessions to say anything definitive? No.

plowking
06-20-2015, 01:13 AM
This is what im talking about. People on remember the makes. In that very same game Lebron lead in rim protection allowing only 16.7% . Draymond allowed 33%.

All I remember is Bron changing shots at the rim and pulling down 11 defensive boards a game. He didn't play good defense though. :oldlol:

SyRyanYang
06-20-2015, 01:14 AM
I'll give Lebron a pass since he exerted much of his energy on the offensive end but boy was his defense poor.
Curry played excellent defense all season so I'm not surprised at all.

warriorfan
06-20-2015, 01:19 AM
This is what im talking about. People only remember the makes. In that very same game Lebron lead in rim protection allowing only 16.7% . Draymond allowed 33%.

LeBron lead in rim protection while playing with TT and Mozgov vs a team that doesn't have one great finisher at the rim besides Curry who is getting double teamed by LeBron's team mates.

Green was forced to play Center a majority of the series where more Cavs on the floor were taller than him than not. Green 6'7'', James 6'8'', TT 6'9'', Mozgov 7'1''

Awful statistic. Isn't even a good statistic with a huge sample size then when taken out of context over a span of 6 games it is ridiculous to try to draw any conclusions from it.

navy
06-20-2015, 01:24 AM
LeBron lead in rim protection while playing with TT and Mozgov vs a team that doesn't have one great finisher at the rim besides Curry who is getting double teamed by LeBron's team mates.

Green was forced to play Center a majority of the series where more Cavs on the floor were taller than him than not. Green 6'7'', James 6'8'', TT 6'9'', Mozgov 7'1''

Awful statistic. Isn't even a good statistic with a huge sample size then when taken out of context over a span of 6 games it is ridiculous to try to draw any conclusions from it.
You are just regurgitating my point.