PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Clarkson in 2015 draft.

Ca$H
06-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Knowing what you know now about him: 1st team all rookie etc. How high would Clarkson go in the 2015 NBA draft?

fiddy
06-20-2015, 12:54 PM
top5?

midatlantic09
06-20-2015, 01:12 PM
Just as high, if not higher, than Mudiay. I actually like Clarkson's game more than Mudiay's so if Mudiay is a projected top 6 pick, Clarkson should be too.

CJ Mustard
06-20-2015, 01:13 PM
:oldlol: Laker fans are the only people in the world who are high on Jordan Clarkson. No f*cking way he goes over Mudiay.

zizozain
06-20-2015, 01:15 PM
:oldlol: Laker fans are the only people in the world who are high on Jordan Clarkson. No f*cking way he goes over Mudiay.
Dirk led team ....

to OP: top7

IGOTGAME
06-20-2015, 01:22 PM
i dont get it either. Im not even sure he will be in the league in 5 years

Cocaine80s
06-20-2015, 01:25 PM
Undrafted

COnDEMnED
06-20-2015, 01:30 PM
Even if he only lasts this year with the Lakers, NBA teams love to pick up former Lakers players. The Clippers especially. He'll be here in some capacity or another in 5 years.

ClipperRevival
06-20-2015, 01:40 PM
Top 5.

You non Laker fans just don't know but this guy has elite athleticism. He is like a poor man's Westbrook the way he is able to accelerate and attack the basket. He has some of the lightest feet i have ever seen. You can't teach light feet. He is so fluid in his lower body. He also has that sudden explosion you can't teach. Some guys can jump high or run fast if you give them a head start but what you want is that sudden explosion from a standstill position. He's going to be a good one, with possible all star talent. Just watch.

fiddy
06-20-2015, 01:42 PM
So your argument is that a player that has never faced serious competition beoynd high school and played in shit tier Chinese league is better than nba all rookie team type of player? :facepalm

scm5
06-20-2015, 01:42 PM
Top 5.

You non Laker fans just don't know but this guy has elite athleticism. He is like a poor man's Westbrook the way he is able to accelerate and attack the basket. He has some of the lightest feet i have ever seen. You can't teach light feet. He is so fluid in his lower body. He also has that sudden explosion you can't teach. Some guys can jump high or run fast if you give them a head start but what you want is that sudden explosion from a standstill position. He's going to be a good one, with possible all star talent. Just watch.

:D

longtime lurker
06-20-2015, 01:51 PM
Does he magically get younger and better in 2015? I don't put much stock in players who put up numbers on a horrible team. Undrafted Langston Galloway made all rookie 2nd team. He's still probably projects to go in the 20's.

kurple
06-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Wright, Tyus, Grant, Cameron > Clarkson

ClipperRevival
06-20-2015, 02:00 PM
A good way to tell how naturally athletic a wing player is is by looking at them back pedaling or just moving laterally. The elite athletes move effortlessly. Like their feet is barely touching the floor and they are almost floating on air. Clarkson has that. I was high on him when i started watching his summer league games last year. He just passed the eye test right away. His movements were smoother, quicker and more fluid than almost anyone else on the court.

So he has that elite base to work with. How far he goes will depend on how much he improves his game. He is beating guys mostly with athleticism right now. You want to see him do it with skills also. When/if he can do that, he can really start to impact the game, possibly at all star levels.

Ca$H
06-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Just as high, if not higher, than Mudiay. I actually like Clarkson's game more than Mudiay's so if Mudiay is a projected top 6 pick, Clarkson should be too.

In that case the Lakers should draft Russell @ 2 and trade Clarkson for the 6th pick and draft WCS.

Russell, WCS, and Randle >> Clarkson, Okafor, and Randle.

HOoopCityJones
06-20-2015, 02:02 PM

You seem to be knowledgeable enough about the game, but this has to be the dumbest thing Ive ever seen you post. Seriously, even Lebron > Kobe is less dumb and I consider that comparison brain dead.

kurple
06-20-2015, 02:07 PM
a lot in the NBA is about opportunity. there are plenty of guys in the world that could post up some somewhat solid #'s given the keys to the team

kurple
06-20-2015, 02:08 PM
people called me crazy for saying he wanst more than a bench player during linsanity

tell me, lakers fans, was i wrong? Is Lin starting quality?

ClipperRevival
06-20-2015, 02:11 PM
people called me crazy for saying he wanst more than a bench player during linsanity

tell me, lakers fans, was i wrong? Is Lin starting quality?

Lin can start on some teams that emphasize an uptempo style. His strength is the ability to attack the basket. He is very good in transition. He is also good in the p&r, where he can pass it off or turn the corner and attack. All Laker fans know he had a good flow with Davis on the p&r.

kurple
06-20-2015, 02:14 PM
i'm not saying Lin is terrible. I was a fan of his when he was with the Warriors. Wanted the Nuggets to trade for him as a backup PG

but you will never win a ring with him starting. Unless you have prime shaq and kobe

ClipperRevival
06-20-2015, 02:17 PM
i'm not saying Lin is terrible. I was a fan of his when he was with the Warriors. Wanted the Nuggets to trade for him as a backup PG

but you will never win a ring with him starting. Unless you have prime shaq and kobe

Probably, because he wants to play more of a free flowing game, not the structured game required to win rings. He is also turnover prone.

IGOTGAME
06-20-2015, 02:41 PM
You seem to be knowledgeable enough about the game, but this has to be the dumbest thing Ive ever seen you post. Seriously, even Lebron > Kobe is less dumb and I consider that comparison brain dead.

He isn't good at anything. He is a bad passer, below average ball handler for a point guard and a non-shooter. What does he bring at the point guard position? Best case scenario he develops into a Shannon Brown mold, but he isnt the athlete Brown was...he isn't good and he will either be out of the league or an 10th or 11th man in 5 years. We've seen this before

AirTupac
06-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Lin can start on some teams that emphasize an uptempo style. His strength is the ability to attack the basket. He is very good in transition. He is also good in the p&r, where he can pass it off or turn the corner and attack. All Laker fans know he had a good flow with Davis on the p&r.

Its not always you see posters here talk some actual sense on this board. Repped for all those posts. You know basketball my friend.

brownmamba00
06-20-2015, 03:01 PM
He isn't good at anything. He is a bad passer, below average ball handler for a point guard and a non-shooter. What does he bring at the point guard position? Best case scenario he develops into a Shannon Brown mold, but he isnt the athlete Brown was...he isn't good and he will either be out of the league or an 10th or 11th man in 5 years. We've seen this before
:biggums:

he's a good slasher and he learned the P&R after his PG sessions with Steve Nash...his passing will only get better with experience (assist/TO ratio 2.1)

JC has a 3 pt shot...can pull up from the elbow...go all the way and finish around 65% within 3 ft from the basket which is ELITE.

he's got a good head on his shoulders too and if he can improve his average defence (his biggest weakness imo), he will be a legit starter in this league.

Ca$H
06-20-2015, 03:05 PM

:facepalm He is already better than Brown ever was.

IGOTGAME
06-20-2015, 03:15 PM
:biggums:

he's a good slasher and he learned the P&R after his PG sessions with Steve Nash...his passing will only get better with experience (assist/TO ratio 2.1)

JC has a 3 pt shot...can pull up from the elbow...go all the way and finish around 65% within 3 ft from the basket which is ELITE.

he's got a good head on his shoulders too and if he can improve his average defence (his biggest weakness imo), he will be a legit starter in this league.

you'll see...its a little different when no one cares and you are given the keys to the team. If you spam pick and rolls with a guy like him he will like fine and you will lose. We saw it with Lin and with Sessions. He isnt a good passer and isn't a good shooter. This will all be evident when the team eventually starts to attempt to win.

IncarceratedBob
06-20-2015, 06:39 PM
he might get taken in the late first round? Kid has a low ceiling, he's a solid player but he's never gonna be good or anything

PJR
06-20-2015, 07:25 PM
Lol Clarkson isn't anything special. Fringe starter.

Sarcastic
06-20-2015, 07:33 PM
LOL @ ahead of Mudiay. Mudiay was top 2 HS senior. Only reason he dropped is that no one watched him play. Mudiay's potential >>> Clarkson's potential.

Phenith
06-21-2015, 09:19 AM
He did nothing special as a starter for a sh!tty team. Don't get me wrong, he played well considering the circumstances... but even still he would be at the end of the lottery at best. 1st team rookie means jack when half the guys who should have made that team were injured.

ClipperRevival
06-22-2015, 11:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPMmaUQH2CA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DurmjQV9Usk

You telling me this guy doesn't have a bright future? And this was against NBA comp, not some sorry ass China league or fringe college players. I don't see how anyone can watch these highlights and say he can't be a good one.

ClipperRevival
06-22-2015, 11:38 PM
Mudiay has bust written all over him. His athletcism is vastly overrated and he doesn't do one thing particularly great. Even watching his China league highlights, his athleticism doesn't stand out, and that's a glaring issue. Russell will be so many times better than him and so will Clarkson.

WeGetRing2012
06-22-2015, 11:41 PM
Lottery pick for sure. He reminds me of current DRose (healthy), he knows when to make the pass, he doesn't attack the rim recklessly, and he has shown a midrange jumper/3point shot. And if you compare his body now to right he's added a lot of muscle.

SwishSquared
06-22-2015, 11:45 PM
Mudiay has bust written all over him. His athletcism is vastly overrated and he doesn't do one thing particularly great. Even watching his China league highlights, his athleticism doesn't stand out, and that's a glaring issue. Russell will be so many times better than him and so will Clarkson.I'm not disagreeing with you since Clarkson was one of my sleepers last draft, but I think people hold his age and his 3 point shot against him going into a draft. If you're an older prospect and can't shoot, you get dinged because people see less upside. I think he'd still get drafted behind other guards like Russell and Mudiay if he were in this draft. Not to say he'd be any better/worse/same as the current crop of PGs.

ClipperRevival
06-22-2015, 11:55 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you since Clarkson was one of my sleepers last draft, but I think people hold his age and his 3 point shot against him going into a draft. If you're an older prospect and can't shoot, you get dinged because people see less upside. I think he'd still get drafted behind other guards like Russell and Mudiay if he were in this draft. Not to say he'd be any better/worse/same as the current crop of PGs.

His questions prior to the draft were his age, as you mentioned, along with questionable shot and athleticism. His shot is decent and his form is alright. I am not worried about that. And his athleticism is much greater than expected. Makes me question these scouts sometimes because the first time I saw him in summer league and just seeing him move around, I could tell right away he had the athleticism to excel at this level. It was obvious as night and day.

TheMilkyBarKid
06-23-2015, 01:07 AM
I watched very few Lakers games last season.

Is Clarkson better than payton or smart?

Jameerthefear
06-23-2015, 01:11 AM
I watched very few Lakers games last season.

Is Clarkson better than payton or smart?
better scorer than both. payton is a far better passer, defender, and rebounder though. smart's a much better defender too. clarkson is a terrible defender.

dreamwarrior
06-23-2015, 01:12 AM
I'd take him #2. Not only is he pretty good but consistent.