PDA

View Full Version : KAT

FireDavidKahn
06-20-2015, 02:42 PM
Why is he refusing to workout with the Lakers? He just finished a private workout with the Wolves:D

IGOTGAME
06-20-2015, 02:55 PM
prob knows Jim Buss is horrible. smart kid

COnDEMnED
06-20-2015, 02:59 PM
No point in possibly lowering his value. Only working out with the team that has the number 1 pick is logical.

Maybe he's secretly injured.

SpecialQue
06-20-2015, 03:08 PM
Because it's fairly obvious that your shitty team is drafting him. Why waste time?

FireDavidKahn
06-20-2015, 04:18 PM
Because it's fairly obvious that your shitty team is drafting him. Why waste time?
Someones mad that Wiggins + Towns >>>>>>> Lakers current future.:oldlol:

Fallen Angel
06-20-2015, 04:44 PM
Get'em

midatlantic09
06-20-2015, 04:58 PM
Why workout with the #2 team when it's a given that you'll fall no lower than #2? Working out for the Lakers would be working out simply for the sake of working out (ie makes no sense).

Smook A.
06-20-2015, 04:59 PM
Because he's THAT confident he's going #1

JohnMax
06-20-2015, 05:11 PM

http://i.imgur.com/yc9juHX.gif

Spurs5Rings2014
06-20-2015, 06:26 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

FireMcFailPlease
06-20-2015, 06:36 PM
I read on Lakers ground(more idiots than this site) bashing the KAT. Laker fans feel like they have a sense of entitlement due to their glamour and fame.

Love how KAT said FU to them and their stupid workout. I wouldnt want to play on that shitty roster either.

UK2K
06-20-2015, 07:16 PM
Surprised he even worked out for the T Wolves.

I wouldn't work out for anyone.

LoneyROY7
06-20-2015, 07:31 PM
Wiggins and KAT finna run the league in 5 years. Minnesota is having an AMAZING rebuild.

Ca$H
06-20-2015, 07:47 PM
I read on Lakers ground(more idiots than this site) bashing the KAT. Laker fans feel like they have a sense of entitlement due to their glamour and fame.

Love how KAT said FU to them and their stupid workout. I wouldnt want to play on that shitty roster either.

He and Randle are friends. I'm sure he would be ok with it.

IncarceratedBob
06-20-2015, 08:30 PM
whens the last time minnesota drafted someone who wasnt a bust? love, rubio, etc, etc, etc

Fallen Angel
06-20-2015, 08:40 PM
whens the last time minnesota drafted someone who wasnt a bust? love, rubio, etc, etc, etc
http://i.gyazo.com/3bc1c1ddfd8e12cc79b10486c6cf3962.png

They're consistent with drafting rotational players even though they have a tendency of trading them.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-20-2015, 08:43 PM

:oldlol: TWolves are going to be TWolves.

same sh!t like always. u going to be trash and will always will be

FKAri
06-20-2015, 09:30 PM
kick ass torrents :pimp:

SpecialQue
06-20-2015, 09:43 PM

I'm just screwing with you. I like your shitty team.

KiiiiNG
06-20-2015, 09:45 PM
i can't believe he will be the number 1 pick.

he has bust written all over him.

okafor's offensive talent/footwork will make him a superstar in this league.

towns = mega bust

FireMcFailPlease
06-20-2015, 09:59 PM

towns = mega bust
Towns can beat you anywhere on offense, and can be a factor on the defensive end.

Okafor is a liability on the court besides one spot. and he'll hurt you down the stretch of close games with his horrible FT shooting.

you were saying?

FireDavidKahn
06-20-2015, 10:11 PM
All under a different gm. Flip is an awful coach but he has surprisingly been a good gm.

FireDavidKahn
06-20-2015, 10:12 PM
:oldlol: TWolves are going to be TWolves.

same sh!t like always. u going to be trash and will always will be
Living rent free in your head:roll:

Sportal
06-20-2015, 10:13 PM
Are the Wolves having new style jerseys this season?

FireDavidKahn
06-20-2015, 10:15 PM

towns = mega bust Okafor's impact will be no greater than Kevin love. Great offense, even though Okafor is literally only goodwithin a couple feet of the basket, but god awful defense. Coach K and his duke teammates even questioned his desire to play defense:oldlol:

I'll concede that he will win roy since he will have the ppg but towns impact and future >>>>>>>>> Okafor

Have fun with the intimidating defense of Randle and Okafor:oldlol:

Sportal
06-20-2015, 10:20 PM
If KAT was Kentucky's offensive go-to guy, like he was a tiny bit in the tournament. His numbers would have been impressive and no-one would call him a potential bust..

chips93
06-20-2015, 10:28 PM
wolves fans getting pretty cocky for a team that won 16 games last year

FireDavidKahn
06-20-2015, 10:32 PM
No one is saying we'll be in the playoffs next year. But Wiggins and Towns are two potential franchise players. For a rebuilding team it's amazing to have even one potential franchise player, let alone two.

Also it's fun to lock the tears of Lakers fans coming up with excuses as to why a prospect refuses to workout for them:pimp:

FireMcFailPlease
06-20-2015, 11:43 PM
thats rich coming from a guy who follows lebron around.

Sportal
06-20-2015, 11:58 PM
Wolves fans excited. Basketball fans should be excited... Lakers fans? Not so much.

So Wolves fans:

Starting line-up? Minutes for 6th and 7th on bench?

SwishSquared
06-21-2015, 12:24 AM
All under a different gm. Flip is an awful coach but he has surprisingly been a good gm.He's doing a great job getting this rebuild going. Do you think he'll hire a coach anytime soon or does he like the part-owner/coach/GM combo too much to give up that much power?

My critiques thus far of his GM performance have been trading a first for Thad Young and not dealing Pek/Martin last summer. Was a rumor so could have been fake, but he apparently turned down Snell + Dunleavy for Martin b/c Bulls wouldn't give up a second rounder (that's a deal I would have honestly taken). I also would have dealt Pek shortly after the Love trade (OKC made sense imo). Obviously you can't go 2K GM-mode and upend the whole roster in a 2-week span, so it's not like I'm trying to kill him. Wiggins-Towns combo is fantastic going forward and it'll be awesome to see them grow.

By the way, will Bjelica be on the roster next season? I'd really like to see him come over, especially playing next to Towns.

coin24
06-21-2015, 01:00 AM
I'm happy for the wolves, there fans need a win. They've been garbage for like a decade, so many busts and poor decisions.. Be good if they could offload pubio

Lakers will be just fine:cheers:

boldarblood
06-21-2015, 01:29 AM
Haven't Wolves been rebuilding since trading Garnett? Every year its the same thing. So and so is a franchise player, this our year. At what point is rebuilding done? Collecting lottery picks like tic tacs and not much to show.

KiiiiNG
06-21-2015, 03:55 AM
Towns can beat you anywhere on offense, and can be a factor on the defensive end.

Okafor is a liability on the court besides one spot. and he'll hurt you down the stretch of close games with his horrible FT shooting.

you were saying?
we'll bump this in 3 years and see who was right.

KAT is nothing special on either end. no way is he a number 1 pick.

Okafor will be averaging 21/11 by his 2nd season.

noob cake
06-21-2015, 04:25 AM
Best player in this draft will be Winslow. He will be a MVP candidate one day.

Towns will be a bust for his position. Will be a solid starter, nothing more.

FireDavidKahn
06-21-2015, 04:42 AM

Okafor is nothing but an Al Jefferson without a jump shot. Again, have fun building a winning tran with Randle and Okafor defending the paint:lol

coin24
06-21-2015, 07:03 AM
Okafor is nothing but an Al Jefferson without a jump shot. Again, have fun building a winning tran with Randle and Okafor defending the paint:lol

Yes because minny fans know all about building a winning team right?:oldlol:

Genaro
06-21-2015, 07:17 AM
Well after 10 years out of the playoffs I can see why Wolves' fans have to grab the small victories like that.

The thing is: Even if whoever the Lakers choose turns out to be a bust, Lakers doesn't rely only on the draft to set a good team. Now, the Wolves better pray hard for Towns not to be a bust. :lol

Sportal
06-21-2015, 07:38 AM
Well after 10 years out of the playoffs I can see why Wolves' fans have to grab the small victories like that.

The thing is: Even if whoever the Lakers choose turns out to be a bust, Lakers doesn't rely only on the draft to set a good team. Now, the Wolves better pray hard for Towns not to be a bust. :lol

Oh yeah...? And who have they recruited recently that have brought them to the playoffs or better, a championship?

FireDavidKahn
06-21-2015, 09:37 AM
Yes because minny fans know all about building a winning team right?:oldlol:
We know how not to build one:lol

Prime_Shaq
06-21-2015, 09:59 AM
http://i.gyazo.com/3bc1c1ddfd8e12cc79b10486c6cf3962.png

They're consistent with drafting rotational players even though they have a tendency of trading them.
Wes Johnson and Johnny Flynn :lol

coin24
06-21-2015, 10:05 AM
We know how not to build one:lol

Touch

UK2K
06-21-2015, 10:36 AM
Johnny Flynn taken over Steph I believe.

UK2K
06-21-2015, 10:37 AM

:biggums:

chips93
06-21-2015, 10:48 AM
Also it's fun to lock the tears of Lakers fans coming up with excuses as to why a prospect refuses to workout for them:pimp:

very true

thats rich coming from a guy who follows lebron around.

ive never wavered as a cavs fan

FireMcFailPlease
06-21-2015, 11:18 AM
Isn't Wild Wes Johnson a rotational player on the Lakers?:roll:

FireMcFailPlease
06-21-2015, 11:20 AM

Man those are some boss numbers. Never seen those before in my lifetime.

Kblaze8855
06-21-2015, 06:08 PM
Of all the people to ever have a 21/11 season only 8 are HOF eligible and not already in. 37 are in already or going.

Being a 21/11 bigman...by your second season at that...is impressive. It wouldnt be anything to laugh at.

JohnMax
06-21-2015, 06:18 PM
http://hoops-nation.com/community/uploads/profile/photo-18235.jpg

ralph_i_el
06-21-2015, 06:27 PM

He's already better than Big Al

UK2K
06-21-2015, 06:27 PM
Of all the people to ever have a 21/11 season only 8 are HOF eligible and not already in. 37 are in already or going.

Being a 21/11 bigman...by your second season at that...is impressive. It wouldnt be anything to laugh at.
Okafor wont average 11 boards a game.

Lakers13
06-21-2015, 06:55 PM

What does it matter, you had Kevin Garnett in his prime and wasted his youth there.

Sportal
06-21-2015, 09:12 PM
To be fair, the Lakers fans will probably run their mouth all season.

The ROTY will probably be between Embiid and Okafor. It's not making excuses for KAT, I feel that both players will be good. But we already know the type of player Okafor is and he will be that instantly, KAT however, doesn't have to be the man straight away and his numbers will reflect this. KAT will have flashes throughout the season, big impressive games, whereas Okafor will be consistent because he needs to be.

I see them as, and these are "around-ish" numbers give or take 2ppg:

Embiid: 22/10/2blks
Okafor: 18/8
KAT: 15/7

About that.. Can see KAT have a big game like 30/15 once in the season. His second season will be a lot better, it isn't him, it is his team. They'll be trying to figure it out all season with Wiggins, Lavine, Dieng, Rubio and KAT.

Rocketswin2013
06-21-2015, 09:14 PM
To be fair, the Lakers fans will probably run their mouth all season.

The ROTY will probably be between Embiid and Okafor. It's not making excuses for KAT, I feel that both players will be good. But we already know the type of player Okafor is and he will be that instantly, KAT however, doesn't have to be the man straight away and his numbers will reflect this. KAT will have flashes throughout the season, big impressive games, whereas Okafor will be consistent because he needs to be.

I see them as, and these are "around-ish" numbers give or take 2ppg:

Embiid: 22/10/2blks
Okafor: 18/8
KAT: 15/7

About that.. Can see KAT have a big game like 30/15 once in the season. His second season will be a lot better, it isn't him, it is his team. They'll be trying to figure it out all season with Wiggins, Lavine, Dieng, Rubio and KAT.

You people must really think Embiid is a 7'0" Hakeem. :lol

Sportal
06-21-2015, 09:19 PM
You people must really think Embiid is a 7'0" Hakeem. :lol

Yeah, why not? Can you name me someone who he's even like?

FireDavidKahn
06-21-2015, 09:42 PM
He's already better than Big Al
How so?

JellyBean
06-21-2015, 09:55 PM

The hate is strong. :D KAT/Wiggins/Lavine...the Big 3. And if Anthony Bennett ever figures things out, our bandwagon is going to be packed!! I will reserve a spot for ya.

JellyBean
06-21-2015, 10:02 PM
What does it matter, you had Kevin Garnett in his prime and wasted his youth there.

True. But our front office tried to get pieces around KG back in the day.

hawksdogsbraves
06-21-2015, 10:07 PM
I don't think Embiid is polished enough to average anywhere near 22/10 as a rookie. He hasn't played in a year and only averaged just over 20mpg in college.

Frankly I don't see him staying healthy period but assuming he does, I think he puts up something like 14/8 in about 30mpg, which would be very good for a young big man without much experience.

ralph_i_el
06-21-2015, 10:10 PM
How so?

Big Al isn't actually good. Okafor is strong, more agile, with just as good moves. Big Al doesn't ever take contact.

Prime_Shaq
06-21-2015, 10:11 PM
Isn't Wild Wes Johnson a rotational player on the Lakers?:roll:
Says alot about the Lakers :lol

Fallen Angel
06-21-2015, 10:13 PM
Ricky Rubio should be comfortable playing with Karl Towns in the pick and roll since he's played with Kevin Love every season except for last year.

I still don't think Rubio and Pekovic are the answers for the Timberwolves' PG and C positions respectively. Sucks that their front office overpayed for both of them just so they didn't leave for nothing. It's gonna be hard finding a trade partner to take either player because of their trouble with staying healthy and important skills that position must possess in today's game whether it's shooting or defense.

hawksdogsbraves
06-21-2015, 10:14 PM
Big Al isn't actually good. Okafor is strong, more agile, with just as good moves. Big Al doesn't ever take contact.

He still put up 20/10 for the past decade :confusedshrug:

He's such a defensive liability now that he's basically useless, but whoever drafts Okafor would be thrilled to get Al's offensive productivity. The fact that he's bigger and more agile just makes it more likely that his defense will be superior to Jefferson's and thus be a better player.

FireDavidKahn
06-21-2015, 10:19 PM
None of that makes Okafor better. Big Al's low post game is special and he even has a jumpshot. They both play non-existent defense

hawke812
06-21-2015, 10:24 PM
No one is saying we'll be in the playoffs next year. But Wiggins and Towns are two potential franchise players. For a rebuilding team it's amazing to have even one potential franchise player, let alone two.

What have the Twolves built to be a rebuilding team:hammerhead:

FireDavidKahn
06-21-2015, 10:33 PM
Are you serious? Wiggins and towns:facepalm

Fallen Angel
06-21-2015, 10:41 PM
Trade Trey Burke for Shabazz Muhammad and Gorgui Dieng
Draft Zach Lavine
Trade Kevin Love for Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins
Draft Karl Anthony-Towns

I'm sure that team is secretly and aggressively trying to find suitors for Ricky Rubio and Nikola Pekovic.

FireMcFailPlease
06-21-2015, 11:21 PM

Twolves have had 21/11 guys for 75% of the last 20 years. Its a stat I no longer get that warm fuzzy feeling inside about.

btw that guy is just spewing out hot predictions. its highly possible Okafor isn't 21/11 in the NBA, his second season.

FireMcFailPlease
06-21-2015, 11:24 PM
Hey, wanna switch rosters?

Bet you do, Melvin.

CelticBaller
06-21-2015, 11:43 PM
:roll:

clipps
06-22-2015, 04:43 AM

95?

triangleoffense
06-22-2015, 05:30 AM
Minnesota still has an NBA team? :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
06-22-2015, 09:10 AM
Twolves have had 21/11 guys for 75% of the last 20 years. Its a stat I no longer get that warm fuzzy feeling inside about.

btw that guy is just spewing out hot predictions. its highly possible Okafor isn't 21/11 in the NBA, his second season.

And of those three players one is a first ballot Hall of Famer one will go if he stays healthy and the worst was all nba.

I'm not saying this kid will be that. I'm just saying if he gets to that level early in his career it will be hard to call him a failure.