PDA

View Full Version : Willie Cauley-Stein

UK2K
06-21-2015, 12:52 PM
I'm going to be a fan of whatever team he goes to. Ive been a UK fan a long time, and have seen a lot of great players wear Kentucky blue, but he is my favorite.

He's versatile. His athletic. Long, quick, plays with heart. He's unselfish, he'll never demand the ball. He's an anchor on the defensive end. He'll set screens, bang for rebounds, dive for loose balls.

More importantly, he's a down to earth kinda guy. He's a great teammate. He puts in the work, he'll never complain, and when he's on the bench, he'll be the biggest cheerleader.

I think he'll have a long career, simply because guys who are willing to do the little things make great teammates.

Someone is going to get a game changer. His impact may not show up in the box score every night, but he'll make a difference every time he steps on the court.

https://youtu.be/5wtk8oySV1E

STATUTORY
06-21-2015, 12:56 PM
sounds like the perfect scapegoat in a future Lebron team

ralph_i_el
06-21-2015, 12:56 PM
So many talented big men in this draft. Not only talented, but a diverse mix of talents, and they're all pretty likeable. It looks like 5-7 started quality bigs in the lottery this season

I'm excited to see WCS. He could be a really unique player. I'm imagining a bigger, stronger Noah on D.

Ca$H
06-21-2015, 02:53 PM
I am definitely a WCS stan. He will win multiple DPOY awards.

outbreak
06-21-2015, 04:00 PM
Im not sold on him yet. He moves well be he was a bit like early ibaka in college where he still was weak when someone put a body on him. Plus he has no offence. He could be great but i see just as many weaknesses as all the other big men not named towns or okafor.

Timmy D for MVP
06-21-2015, 04:01 PM
Are you sure?

What if the Kings draft him?

Then you'll be Kings fan?

That's dedication man.

GIF REACTION
06-21-2015, 04:05 PM
Watch the Kings make the playoffs next season you buffoon.

UK2K
06-21-2015, 04:09 PM
Are you sure?

What if the Kings draft him?

Then you'll be Kings fan?

That's dedication man.

Kings already have Cousins, another former UK star.

I think I could handle cheering for a 1-2 UK combo down low.

In fact I hope they draft him.

GIF REACTION
06-21-2015, 04:13 PM
Kings already have Cousins, another former UK star.

I think I could handle cheering for a 1-2 UK combo down low.

In fact I hope they draft him.
George Karl will get us to the playoffs within the next 3 years

Aussie Dunker
06-21-2015, 09:09 PM
More athletic combination of Noah / Chandler, plays with the same attitude and dedication to defense. Think he can grow into being a good above the rim pick and roll finisher like Chandler, and think he will be as active and intense as Noah on D... With the ability to guard all 5 positions due to his quickness / speed. I think he could play either the C or PF, but would need a frontcourt partner who is dangerous on O to make up for his lack of O.

WCS / Cousins
WCS / Vuvecic
WCS / Jefferson
WCS / Bosh

Would all be good landing spots for him,

hawksdogsbraves
06-21-2015, 10:10 PM
He really is the perfect defensive big for today's NBA, able to switch on everything but still anchor a defense.

He doesn't have the playmaking ability on offense that Noah does, but he'll have a similar defensive impact and he's a better shot blocker.

imdaman99
06-21-2015, 10:16 PM
He really is the perfect defensive big for today's NBA, able to switch on everything but still anchor a defense.

He doesn't have the playmaking ability on offense that Noah does, but he'll have a similar defensive impact and he's a better shot blocker.
Did you watch the series against the Cavs? Noah is terrible on offense and was exposed.

He puts up duds every playoff, you can't depend on him on that end. At worst, WCS will be able to get more putback dunks than Noah as he has more athleticism (most likely due to Noah's injury problems over the years). And I used to be a big fan of Noah.

hawksdogsbraves
06-21-2015, 10:18 PM
Did you watch the series against the Cavs? Noah is terrible on offense and was exposed.

He puts up duds every playoff, you can't depend on him on that end. At worst, WCS will be able to get more putback dunks than Noah as he has more athleticism (most likely due to Noah's injury problems over the years). And I used to be a big fan of Noah.

I'm chalking this year up to injury for him, but I just meant that he's a good playmaker from the high post, dude averages like 5 apg. He's never been a good scorer, though I doubt WCS will ever average much more than 11 or 12ppg in the NBA.

Fallen Angel
06-21-2015, 10:29 PM
I've got the Knicks taking Justice Winslow.

Orlando taking Kristaps Porzingis

Then Sacramento falling into Emmanuel Mudiay

And finally Denver drafting Willie Cauley-Stein for the center they've been wanting since the McGee trade.

Aussie Dunker
06-21-2015, 10:41 PM
I think it would be quite a surprise if Orl, Sac and Den all pass on WCS. Surely one of those teams will bite?

UK2K
06-21-2015, 10:44 PM
I think it would be quite a surprise if Orl, Sac and Den all pass on WCS. Surely one of those teams will bite?

Cousins has already said he wants Sac to draft WCS.

RonSwanson
06-22-2015, 12:10 AM
As a UK Fan, I want him on the Kings. The only problem is that dot-head is phukking retarded.

el gringos
06-22-2015, 12:46 AM
I've got the Knicks taking Justice Winslow.

Orlando taking Kristaps Porzingis

Then Sacramento falling into Emmanuel Mudiay

And finally Denver drafting Willie Cauley-Stein for the center they've been wanting since the McGee trade.
Center is one of the only spots Nugs think they have a long term starter at

Winslow at 4 would be a terrible pick for the nugs. Either Russell or porzingis should be available and then WCS would be a better pick for the Knicks than Winslow and mudiay/Mario might be as well. Knicks don't have the luxery of taking a super role player and if they do it should be WCS as a big over a non shooting or ball handling sg

PJR
06-22-2015, 12:49 AM
If he falls to 10, I'll take him in Miami easily.

BlazerRed
06-22-2015, 01:14 AM
Heh his name is Willie :yaohappy:

UK2K
06-22-2015, 08:26 AM
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/XtMWkztfn5B3ufqNQSIeNB7aNS0=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3569234/Screen_Shot_2015-04-02_at_9.55.10_PM.0.png

He's one of a kind, and he's going to be a special player in the league.

No big man has ever recorded a quicker time in the lane agility drill, which assesses body control and change of direction ability. And with a 147-inch maximum vertical reach, few bigs even come close to Cauley-Stein's length.

kshutts1
06-22-2015, 08:38 AM
I love that athleticism is literally just reach and quickness, according to that chart.

Anyway, Sacramento is the PERFECT spot for WCS. They have the scoring, they just need a guy that goes balls-to-the-wall and only really cares about D. Perfect compliment to Cousins, and the team as a whole.

GOBB
06-22-2015, 01:05 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/22/8823831/nba-draft-rumors-2015-Willie-Cauley-Stein-dario-saric

UK2K
06-22-2015, 01:20 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/22/8823831/nba-draft-rumors-2015-Willie-Cauley-Stein-dario-saric

He played 94% (105 out of 112) of his games in his three years of college (before medication) and his health history scares teams off?

I call a bluff.

UK2K
06-22-2015, 01:27 PM
I still believe Sacramento takes him.

Sacramento Kings big man DeMarcus Cousins might have identified the frontcourt partner of his dreams. The Kings have the sixth pick in the upcoming NBA Draft, and Kentucky center Willie Cauley-Stein might be available there. According to ESPN's Ryen Russilo, Cousins would like to play with him.

Sacramento fans must love this idea. Cousins has improved immensely on the defensive end, but having a true rim protector would be a game-changer for the Kings. Cauley-Stein would seem to fit extremely well in George Karl's run-and-gun system, as he is athletic and capable of starting fast breaks. This isn't just a case of one Kentucky guy hyping up another -- the two of them would actually make a scary, potentially great tandem.

WCS at the 5 with Cousins at the 4? Imagine Cousins playing PF :applause:

hawksdogsbraves
06-22-2015, 05:02 PM
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/XtMWkztfn5B3ufqNQSIeNB7aNS0=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3569234/Screen_Shot_2015-04-02_at_9.55.10_PM.0.png

Not sure what Miles Plumlee being elite by this metric tells me :eek:

UK2K
06-22-2015, 05:12 PM
He's athletic.

ralph_i_el
06-22-2015, 05:22 PM

https://youtu.be/SlKq-LO6aE0?t=25s

smoovegittar
06-22-2015, 05:31 PM
Hate to rain on the parade, but I don't trust his health OR ability. A great kid; I hope he proves me wrong.

chips93
06-22-2015, 05:32 PM

im not saying its a pointless measurement, but if lane agility tells us that mason plumless is more agile than a young dwight howard, i dont see it being very meaningful