PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think that the Clippers are done?

SpecialQue
06-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Last season was probably one of the few times in recent memory when the West was legitimately up for grabs. It seemed like the perfect time for them as a team to make the leap, instead they suffered a historic choke job. Mentally, I just don't see how this team is ever going to recover from that. That more than anything else hammered home the "Clippers = Losers" label that they've been trying to shed for years now.

coin24
06-21-2015, 02:56 PM
They were never anything to begin with. Second rate loser franchise

SamuraiSWISH
06-21-2015, 02:58 PM
They're still currently the best team in that town, but to your question ... no.

COnDEMnED
06-21-2015, 02:59 PM
I was unaware they were ever considered anything but done.

brownmamba00
06-21-2015, 03:01 PM
if they can keep DJ they should be fine.

SpecialQue
06-21-2015, 03:01 PM
They're still currently the best team in that town

No shit, but that collapse against the Rockets felt like some black magic shit. That should not have happened.

SamuraiSWISH
06-21-2015, 03:03 PM
No shit, but that collapse against the Rockets felt like some black magic shit. That should not have happened.
Meh, not a big deal. They beat a very good team in the 1st round. It's just a shame it came at the expense of their best player's health. I mean they won some games without him, but a healthy Paul and I think the ending of the series is different.

HylianNightmare
06-21-2015, 03:06 PM
I was unaware they were ever considered anything but done.

This unless they land pierce

YouGotServed
06-21-2015, 03:07 PM
Meh, not a big deal. They beat a very good team in the 1st round. It's just a shame it came at the expense of their best player's health. I mean they won some games without him, but a healthy Paul and I think the ending of the series is different.

He was being guarded 40 yr old Jason Terry. Enough with the excuses.

SpecialQue
06-21-2015, 03:08 PM

It was the weirdest shit because that win against the Spurs felt historic, like they were finally shaking off the "curse" and all that bullshit that people use against them. I remember thinking that they were easily locks for the WCF and that a series between them and the Warriors could go either way. Hell, they looked like they were just toying with the Rockets when they were on the verge of winning that series, and honestly, without Paul they could have won it. It's one of those things, like an ill omen, that I can't quite explain. I would not be surprised if some fans actually fell into a depression due to how this season ended for them.

oh the horror
06-21-2015, 03:10 PM
This all depends on how they retool their bench. It's clear they need players with grit and some balls to sure up their role players and to match them with the talent they have. This is why I stress veterans so much.

SpecialQue
06-21-2015, 03:11 PM
There's also the possibility that the Rockets were just a better team than a lot of people here give them credit for. They certainly looked more like winners than the Clippers did, and if I had to make a bet I'd put money on the Rockets winning another championship sooner than the Clippers.

But who knows. This is also a season where Iggy won FMVP, so nothing made sense.

BlakFrankWhite
06-21-2015, 03:17 PM
That game 6 vs rockets...has to be the GOAT choke.

As to you question...yeah. They're done

If Aldridge goes to spurs...and KD is healthy...Clippers are 5th seed at best

CJ Mustard
06-21-2015, 03:17 PM
In what way was the West up for grabs? The Warriors dominated that conference from start to finish, and after the Spurs were eliminated they were the heavy favorites to go to the Finals.

SamuraiSWISH
06-21-2015, 03:18 PM
In what way was the West up for grabs? The Warriors dominated that conference from start to finish, and after the Spurs were eliminated they were the heavy favorites to go to the Finals.
Healthy Durant on the Thunder and we're talking a completely different story.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-21-2015, 03:19 PM
I think they missed their chance. Lakers getting a top 2 heightens my suspicion.

SpecialQue
06-21-2015, 03:21 PM

Recently it's been between the Thunder and Spurs, and there was no evidence that the Warriors could have beaten a team that actually had a healthy, elite point guard. Yes, they had a great record, but we've seen teams with great records get their shit pushed in during the playoffs in the past.

SpecialQue
06-21-2015, 03:23 PM
Healthy Durant on the Thunder and we're talking a completely different story.

It's probably because he's one of my favorite players, but I think even the Westbrook-led Thunder could have given them problems in a match up. The Thunder wouldn't have won the series, but it definitely would have been a better test than the match up they got.

CJ Mustard
06-21-2015, 03:27 PM
Recently it's been between the Thunder and Spurs, and there was no evidence that the Warriors could have beaten a team that actually had a healthy, elite point guard. Yes, they had a great record, but we've seen teams with great records get their shit pushed in during the playoffs in the past.
What about the fact that they shitted on the entire conference for 8 straight months? No team in the West was close to them all year. What evidence do we have that it would've all of sudden changed in the Playoffs?

Like who? Dallas? That was a historic choke job and they ran into the worst possible match up for them. For the most part, when a team dominates like the Warriors did (on both ends of the floor), they go on to win if they stay healthy.

Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_teams_by_single_season_win_percentage

Look at the top 10 teams listed there. 8 of them won the title. The two that lost were the '07 Mavs (who choked), and the '73 Celtics (who's best player was injured).

Lakers13
06-21-2015, 03:30 PM
Who are the Clippers? :confusedshrug:

Jameerthefear
06-21-2015, 03:33 PM
The best team in L.A.

sportjames23
06-21-2015, 03:35 PM
Nah, I think the Clips still got one or two years left in them. They and a healthy Thunder team are the only real threats to Golden State in the West now (maybe the Rockets, too).

But that choke job...man, I'm still pissed at them for that. No damn excuse for that kinda chokage.

Lakers13
06-21-2015, 03:36 PM
The best team in L.A.

Oh? What have they accomplished?

jbryan1984
06-21-2015, 04:07 PM
They just traded for Stephenson and are rumored to sign PP so I don't think so

Young X
06-21-2015, 04:31 PM
One thing that would really help them is getting the #1 seed.

Get HCA throughout the playoffs, avoid all the tough matchups/threats, and face the wore down teams while being healthy (like the Warriors this year).

They're the ones that have been facing the toughest matchups over the past couple of years like the Spurs, OKC and Memphis while the other top teams get easier roads. You're not winning shit as the 3rd-5th seed in the west.

First thing they gotta do is improve their bench. I don't think I've ever seen a bigger disparity between a starting lineup and bench than the '15 Clippers. Their starters played at a dominant, championship level but as soon as they sat, their bench immediately let teams go on 14-2 runs and steal momentum. They need to get better defensively too.

COnDEMnED
06-21-2015, 04:37 PM
They just traded for Stephenson and are rumored to sign PP so I don't think so
One is a potential good move, one is a potential bad move. If anything they break even.

SpecialQue
06-21-2015, 04:44 PM
One is a potential good move, one is a potential bad move. If anything they break even.

I like the idea of PP signing with them because they definitely need someone with his attitude.

HOoopCityJones
06-21-2015, 04:48 PM
Clippers haven't done shit til they come out the West.

Timmy D for MVP
06-21-2015, 04:50 PM
Not as long as they have Chris Paul and Blake Griffin playing at the top of their games.

Their issue is lack of flexibility at the moment.

But CP3 and Griffin are a top tier 1-2 combo in the NBA.

ArbitraryWater
06-21-2015, 04:51 PM
Lol, you think the loss will impact their entire future basketball lifes 'they will never be the same'? :oldlol:

No, they're not done.. have the best chance of a finals ticket next year, among GSW/OKC IMO.

Maybe Spurs pull something off.

COnDEMnED
06-21-2015, 05:02 PM
I like the idea of PP signing with them because they definitely need someone with his attitude.
Pierce is the potential good move. I'm not so sure about the other one.

kenny817
06-21-2015, 05:23 PM

Don't be one of those dumb fans

Lakers stink NOW...what the Lakers did years ago has jack shit to do with the Clippers running LA now

Stop living in the past

HOoopCityJones
06-21-2015, 05:26 PM

Lakers stink NOW...what the Lakers did years ago has jack shit to do with the Clippers running LA now

Stop living in the past

But they haven't even made it to a WCF :biggums:

They don't run LA til they do something, this loser ass mentality in the league is hilarious.

Go ask the 00 Kings, Trailer Blazers etc. If they were content just being good Teams of that era, lol.

BlakFrankWhite
06-21-2015, 05:31 PM
Lakers are the royalty of the nba.

4 of the top 10 GOAT played for the lakers

They'll always be the biggest team in LA and the league (as much as I hate to admit it)

COnDEMnED
06-21-2015, 06:15 PM
Lakers are the royalty of the nba.

4 of the top 10 GOAT played for the lakers

They'll always be the biggest team in LA and the league (as much as I hate to admit it)
Kareem
Magic
Wilt
Shaq
Kobe

5 of the top 10

Spurs m8
06-21-2015, 06:23 PM
Clipps ain't going nowhere with that weak ass bench.

Also Crawford ain't helping nothing come crunch time.

And big baby LOL Says it all really.

dick tracy
06-21-2015, 06:26 PM
paul
Reddick
stepheson
Griffith
Jordan

they could go 60 and 22

get a 2 seed and go the finals:coleman:

HOoopCityJones
06-21-2015, 06:34 PM
Kareem
Magic
Wilt
Shaq
Kobe

5 of the top 10

I thought it was obvious Wilt wasn't apart of that. :lol

Kobe's more of a Laker than Wilt will ever be.

BlazerRed
06-21-2015, 06:38 PM
I hope so. Clippers suck ass.

BlazerRed
06-21-2015, 06:39 PM
paul
Reddick
stepheson
Griffith
Jordan

they could go 60 and 22

get a 2 seed and go the finals:coleman:
:coleman:

Lakers13
06-21-2015, 06:44 PM

Stop living in the past

This guy tells me to stop livin in the past and then I look at his avatar :facepalm

Come live in LA county and find out who runs LA. Until the Clippers win a championship they won't be respected around here.

A few years of winning and nothing to show for it isn't going to turn around what most people think of them out here in California, a joke franchise ran by a known racist with a history of being the bottom feeders of the NBA.

HOoopCityJones
06-21-2015, 06:46 PM
This guy tells me to stop livin in the past and then I look at his avatar :facepalm

Come live in LA county and find out who runs LA. Until the Clippers win a championship they won't be respected around here.

A few years of winning and nothing to show for it isn't going to turn around what most people think of them out here in California, a joke franchise ran by a known racist with a history of being the bottom feeders of the NBA.

:applause: Will rep later.

clipps
06-21-2015, 06:48 PM
If the Clippers focus on improving their wing and pick up a bunch of big bodies, they will be alright. The problem was lack of depth and length. Barnes, Reddick, and Crawford are one dimensional.

clipps
06-21-2015, 06:52 PM

How are those rings treating you? The Lakers will forever be the Raiders of the NBA. Glory years will be far in the past as long as Buss's retarded children are running the team.

HOoopCityJones
06-21-2015, 06:54 PM
If the Clippers focus on improving their wing and pick up a bunch of big bodies, they will be alright. The problem was lack of depth and length. Barnes, Reddick, and Crawford are one dimensional.

This I can agree with wholeheartedly.

Pretty soon there wont be enough room in the league for guys who can't do multiple things on a Basketball floor. GSW arguably had five playmakers on the floor once they played small ball.

HOoopCityJones
06-21-2015, 06:54 PM
How are those rings treating you? The Lakers will forever be the Raiders of the NBA. Glory years will be far in the past as long as Buss's retarded children are running the team.

:roll: Last ring was 5 years ago. Raiders haven't won shit in decades.

clipps
06-21-2015, 07:01 PM
:roll: Last ring was 5 years ago. Raiders haven't won shit in decades.

My point exactly.

HOoopCityJones
06-21-2015, 07:04 PM
My point exactly.

Touche. Your squad still ain't shit til they back it up in the post season.

Lakers still King of LA as a Lottery Team, you should worry about that instead.

qrich
06-21-2015, 07:15 PM
How old is our core (Paul, Griffin, Jordan [assuming he does reup])? Yeah, that'll be enough to keep us from being done.

Plus, this summer has already started off greatly, as we upgraded our bench with Born Ready, will be among the front runners for Pierce (with Boston & Washington), and still have Crawford's unguaranteed tract, that can net us a guy making around 7.5 mil, iirc, and he's only 2 mil guaranteed, before the 30th.

I mean, if Doc can get a big for Jamal, use the MMLE on Pierce, sign a Gerald Green or Wes Johnson to spot the three for the reg season, everything will be gravy. With Born Ready, we don't have a gaping need for a backup point either, as him and Rivers can share that, not to mention, Pierce.

ClipperRevival
06-21-2015, 07:22 PM
Fyi, even last year, the Lakers TV ratings blew away the Clips ratings. LA will always be a Laker town. I don't think people living outside of LA understand how much people love the Lakers here. It's been that way since the Showtime Lakers.

BBallZen83
06-21-2015, 08:00 PM
I haven't seen a choke that bad since I can remember. It was an epic, epic collapse on a historic level. That being said, you never know if they are folded mentally or if they will come back strong next year. I'm sure the first round of the playoffs next year will give us the answer of whether or not they are mentally f*cked as a team. I hope not, cause they were fun to watch this year and they should have made it to at least the WCF, and with the way they were playing up until the collapse I was thinking they might just have the momentum to beat GSW.

COnDEMnED
06-21-2015, 08:19 PM
How old is our core (Paul, Griffin, Jordan [assuming he does reup])? Yeah, that'll be enough to keep us from being done.

Plus, this summer has already started off greatly, as we upgraded our bench with Born Ready, will be among the front runners for Pierce (with Boston & Washington), and still have Crawford's unguaranteed tract, that can net us a guy making around 7.5 mil, iirc, and he's only 2 mil guaranteed, before the 30th.

I mean, if Doc can get a big for Jamal, use the MMLE on Pierce, sign a Gerald Green or Wes Johnson to spot the three for the reg season, everything will be gravy. With Born Ready, we don't have a gaping need for a backup point either, as him and Rivers can share that, not to mention, Pierce.
Be careful what you wish for.

Legends66NBA7
06-21-2015, 08:23 PM
Lance Stephenson just came off a terrible season, but maybe he'll be better as a backup.

What position is he upgrading ? I don't see him as a starter on the team.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-21-2015, 08:43 PM
They're not done. We've yet to see many of the moves I anticipate this off-season (getting rid of Barnes was a good start).

I see the CP3/Blake combo as a Karl Malone/Stockton sort of deal. Blake is MUCH younger, but as long as health isn't of concern, they'll be in the mix of things for YEARS to come.

LoneyROY7
06-21-2015, 11:35 PM
Hard to be "done" when you have two of the best in the league and one of them is only 26 and getting better each year.

BTW the Laker insecurity in here is hilarious. If the Clippers are so "irrelevant" in LA, why are the majority of posts in here from salty Lakers fans?

gts
06-22-2015, 12:29 AM
:lol c'mon bro..

There was more than enough evidence, the warriors were going to take the title this year no matter who they faced...

gts
06-22-2015, 12:33 AM
My point exactly.

When was the Clippers last ring?
Last time they won the western conference semi finals?

That's a road you don't want to go down as a Clipper fan because for the Clippers it's a very very short road with a dead end

coin24
06-22-2015, 12:55 AM
When was the Clippers last ring?
Last time they won the western conference semi finals?

That's a road you don't want to go down as a Clipper fan because for the Clippers it's a very very short road with a dead end

:lol :lol this..

Plus you have the CP3 second round curse. Thou shall not pass:oldlol:

TheCorporation
06-22-2015, 01:58 AM

When CP3 was hurt/out game 1 and Houston still LOST game one, IN HOUSTON, I thought dear lord...No way in HELL the Clippers can lose this series now. Just no way.

Then...They went full Clippers

:lol

Spurs m8
06-22-2015, 02:00 AM
As we know, Clipps gon Clipp

oarabbus
06-22-2015, 02:33 AM
Clippers are the ultimate pretenders. Tbh I'm not even sure if Lakers would have lost up 19 in the 4th. Legendary choke from legendary chokers

Magic 32
06-22-2015, 02:36 AM
I wish they would just move to Anaheim.