Jameerthefear
06-22-2015, 11:58 AM
https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/612968589914701824

He probably won't be coming over until 2017

Pushxx
06-22-2015, 12:29 PM

Lol at the fans calling him Sam Stinkie.

I don't think Dario even wants to play in the NBA right now. His dad brainwashed him.

BlakFrankWhite
06-22-2015, 12:41 PM
Inb4 "its all part of the plan" rant by gobb

BlackWhiteGreen
06-22-2015, 12:45 PM
"Won't play for the 76ers next season" = probably not coming over until 2017?

GOBB
06-22-2015, 12:59 PM
No one expected Dario to play next season. And when sixers drafted him they were aware he could be over there for 3 years. They knew the risk just like they did with embiid and his foot. He's a valuable asset regardless so who knows if he is packaged in a deal to land another lottery pick.

Jameerthefear
06-22-2015, 01:01 PM
"Won't play for the 76ers next season" = probably not coming over until 2017?

There will be a big incentive for him to stay in Turkey for a third year and wait until the 2017-18 season to play in the NBA.

Under the terms of the league's collective bargaining agreement, Saric will no longer be bound by the rookie salary scale if he waits three years to come to the NBA. That means he could negotiate a free-agent contract for a much higher salary with the Sixers, much like Nikola Mirotic did with the Chicago Bulls last summer.

With the new TV revenues set to kick in during that season, Saric could be in for a massive raise if he is patient.
^^

Timmy D for MVP
06-22-2015, 04:15 PM
I don't think this is news. I thought it was well known that he was going to take at least 2 years.

Milbuck
06-22-2015, 04:17 PM
He's a valuable asset regardless so who knows if he is packaged in a deal to land another lottery pick.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Jameerthefear
06-22-2015, 04:19 PM
I don't think this is news. I thought it was well known that he was going to take at least 2 years.
There were rumblings that he could come over next year. Even Philly fans on here brought it up. This basically guarantees he doesn't come over till '17

ballup
06-22-2015, 04:27 PM
The tanks keeps on rolling

SwishSquared
06-22-2015, 04:35 PM
There were rumblings that he could come over next year. Even Philly fans on here brought it up. This basically guarantees he doesn't come over till '17Pretty sure that he never had a real shot to come over in time for this upcoming season. A 76ers official apparently told a reporter that they want him here now and the reporter then tweeted that they are working to bring him over. He doesn't even have a buyout clause until next season. Speculating here, but that sliver of hope of Saric jumping this summer may have buoyed the bad news about Embiid somewhat.

He stands to make significantly more during his first NBA contract if he stays overseas for the duration of his current deal. He makes more now than he would according to the NBA rookie pay scale (something like 2.5M euros annually).

Only benefit to him starting here sooner is he can get a max deal faster. If he waits until 2017, assuming no lockout and his contract pays him same % of cap that Mirotic got, he'll make like $9M/year.

chocolatethunder
06-22-2015, 05:56 PM
There were rumblings that he could come over next year. Even Philly fans on here brought it up. This basically guarantees he doesn't come over till '17
Hinkie has said all along that it would be "at least two maybe three years" until he came over. He said that at a press conference. They wanted him to come here this year and tried to work out a buyout but it didn't work out. They knew this when they drafted him.

Rooster
06-22-2015, 05:59 PM

There's a better chance that Hinkie will be gone before Saric is ready to step up to the next level.

Take Your Lumps
06-22-2015, 06:04 PM
First Embiid, then Saric....really hoping they take Mudiay or Porzingis to complete the cycle.

kurple
06-22-2015, 06:06 PM
No one expected Dario to play next season. And when sixers drafted him they were aware he could be over there for 3 years. They knew the risk just like they did with embiid and his foot. He's a valuable asset regardless so who knows if he is packaged in a deal to land another lottery pick.
but why? why doesnt he want to be in the NBA?

scared of the competition?

Euroleague
06-22-2015, 06:40 PM

You can take your 3 day ban starting now...

https://media4.giphy.com/media/kKQHN47DRgArS/200.gif

Meticode
06-22-2015, 06:46 PM
Sucks to be a Sixers fan right now and they've have not gotten too publicity.

Basically if you look over the Sixers season the year the only positive things that's happened is Noel got healthy and his second half of the season defensively was pheonomal, Emiid seems to be progressing, but no one is sure of his status currently? Out another season? Is he healed? What the **** is going on with this possibly once in a lifetime talent player? Got another high draft pick. And I think most would look at getting MCW out was a positive thing.

Now the bad? Hinkie has made it obvious that he's tanking. He's approached it that way and I don't agree with it. I didn't like it when the Cavs do it. It sucks that teams have to do this to possibly be competitive in the future.

The player the Sixers are aiming for that could have the highest chance to be a NBA superstar has pretty much said he does not want to be drafted by the Sixers because of the teams uncertainty. He plays the one position the Sixers are looking to fill and seems like it would be what they want.

I don't know, just not a ton of positive things going on in that franchise right now.

LAZERUSS
06-22-2015, 06:47 PM
http://www.trekcore.com/specials/rare/lenard_sarek01.jpg

Euroleague
06-22-2015, 06:49 PM
Pretty sure that he never had a real shot to come over in time for this upcoming season. A 76ers official apparently told a reporter that they want him here now and the reporter then tweeted that they are working to bring him over. He doesn't even have a buyout clause until next season. Speculating here, but that sliver of hope of Saric jumping this summer may have buoyed the bad news about Embiid somewhat.

He stands to make significantly more during his first NBA contract if he stays overseas for the duration of his current deal. He makes more now than he would according to the NBA rookie pay scale (something like 2.5M euros annually).

Only benefit to him starting here sooner is he can get a max deal faster. If he waits until 2017, assuming no lockout and his contract pays him same % of cap that Mirotic got, he'll make like $9M/year.

Saric makes 2 million euros net a season. In how NBA counts money with the current exchange rates, it comes to about $4.5 million a year in NBA money. It was a stupid contract for Efes. They greatly overpaid for him.

I have no idea why they gave that kind of money to a young kid that is still a project. They could have signed like 3 good players for that kind of money instead.

Meticode
06-22-2015, 06:49 PM

There could be one reason or a combination of a number of reasons.

Maybe he doesn't like the Sixers situation right now? Hinkie has a adopted a lose-now mentality to me to win later. I wouldn't want to be in that even if it is the NBA.

Maybe he's getting paid more to play over seas where he is comfortable versus playing for the Sixers where he isn't comfortable?

Or as you said, maybe he's not ready to face the competition in the NBA. It could be one or all of those things or none of them.

Euroleague
06-22-2015, 06:53 PM

If he saw the NBA finals, he is probably laughing at "the competition".

SwishSquared
06-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Saric makes 2 million euros net a season. In how NBA counts money with the current exchange rates, it comes to about $4.5 million a year in NBA money. It was a stupid contract for Efes. They greatly overpaid for him.

I have no idea why they gave that kind of money to a young kid that is still a project. They could have signed like 3 good players for that kind of money instead.I won't comment on how deserving of the contract he is, but it makes a lot of sense for him to not take a paycut + to not pay buyout fees by jumping to the NBA, from the financial sense. How did he play in the Turkish Finals? I didn't watch any of the games or follow it.

Euroleague
06-22-2015, 07:32 PM
I won't comment on how deserving of the contract he is, but it makes a lot of sense for him to not take a paycut + to not pay buyout fees by jumping to the NBA, from the financial sense. How did he play in the Turkish Finals? I didn't watch any of the games or follow it.

I agree for Saric it is good for him to wait. I was just saying I did not understand it at the time they gave him that contract either, and don't now. It's still puzzling to me really. You over spend on a young kid that is a project, but your whole entire goal as a team is to "win now at all costs"? Just odd.

Unfortunately for Saric, he had an atrocious performance in the Turkish finals. But then again, his whole team pretty much did as well. There is no way a team like Efes, which is probably something like the 6th best team in Europe, should be losing to the team they lost to 4-1. The team they lost to is probably something like a top 50 team in Europe, if even that.

So that pretty much sums up how bad they played.

R.I.P.
06-22-2015, 07:53 PM
I need to find a job like Hinkie.

The end product? In ten years.
Any progress? In five years.
What about now MOFO? Cheerleader casting. I take my job seriously.

http://www.wallpaper4me.com/images/wallpapers/sexybeachwalk-767346.jpeg