PDA

View Full Version : Timberwolves make Anthony Bennett available in trade

UK2K
06-22-2015, 04:45 PM
The Minnesota Timberwolves have made former No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett available via trade in advance of Thursday's NBA draft, according to league sources.

Sources told ESPN that the Timberwolves, who are widely expected to make Kentucky's Karl-Anthony Towns the No. 1 overall selection Thursday night, are trying to find a new home via trade from Bennett, who unexpectedly went No. 1 overall in 2013 and was acquired by Minnesota last summer from Cleveland in the Kevin Love trade.

This dude is hot garbage. Good luck getting rid of him.

Legends66NBA7
06-22-2015, 04:47 PM
3rd potential team in 2 years. I can't really see suitor for him when he doesn't excel at anything and had weight issues.

gyu
06-22-2015, 04:48 PM
He should try to model his game after Draymond Green.

bdreason
06-22-2015, 04:49 PM
Everyone already knows Bennett is available. :oldlol:

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-22-2015, 04:51 PM
It would help him to go to a team that will play him consistent minutes. Not sure what team that would be.

As of right now, it is really hard to see if he will be a "player" or not. Just hasn't really been given a chance yet (some of that is his own fault). But just going by basically 1 year (rookie year) isn't much of a judge.

Legends66NBA7
06-22-2015, 04:54 PM
Would it be crazy to say he should go to the Knicks ?

I remember Melo trying to help him out with some advice during his rookie year. That is off course, if the Knicks want to throw another season and let Bennett got all the minutes he wants.

hawksdogsbraves
06-22-2015, 04:55 PM
He should try to model his game after Draymond Green.

He's way to slow to switch onto wings like Draymond does defensively, plus he's a complete and total beta, biggest in the league probably, while Green is about to get a max deal in no small part because of his attitude.

I wonder what sort of package it would take to get him though, he's got some talent in there somewhere I have to think.

Fallen Angel
06-22-2015, 04:55 PM
https://youtu.be/zd9YOFoN8Ys

His contract and Adrian Payne's quick development are probably the main reasons for him being on the market.

BlakFrankWhite
06-22-2015, 04:57 PM
Remember when some thought,he was the next barkley

Fallen Angel
06-22-2015, 04:57 PM
People that think he's a scrub DEFIANTLY has never watched him play.

Don't try to make an excuse about him not being deserving of the number one overall pick, he'll have a good career in the league.

hawksdogsbraves
06-22-2015, 04:58 PM

Nobody ever thought that except maybe the Cavs FO for some bizarre reason :oldlol:

Fallen Angel
06-22-2015, 04:59 PM
Literally nobody said that. Everyone compared him to Larry Johnson. He went away from the three ball last season (as a request from his coach) and looked more like Brandon Bass than anyone else.

KungFuJoe
06-22-2015, 05:18 PM
Can a twolves fan chime in on why this guy gets zero minutes even though the team isn't winning? He seems to have a lot of physical talent. He's big and strong. Can jump. Dunks with authority. Can put the ball on the floor and hit the midrange.

Yet he barely plays. Is it his attitude? I don't get why they don't try to build this guy up for the future.

ralph_i_el
06-22-2015, 05:30 PM
Can a twolves fan chime in on why this guy gets zero minutes even though the team isn't winning? He seems to have a lot of physical talent. He's big and strong. Can jump. Dunks with authority. Can put the ball on the floor and hit the midrange.

Yet he barely plays. Is it his attitude? I don't get why they don't try to build this guy up for the future.

Because he's a fat trashcan on defense.

Asiantastic
06-22-2015, 05:34 PM
If it weren't for his 5M/year contract, I'd say the Lakers should take their chances on him. They've tried their hand at Wes Johnson, Xavier Henry, Ed Davis, Jordan Hill (all picks with high potential that never panned out). Albeit none of them worked out well, but I can't help but feel bad for AB

ArbitraryWater
Cavs doe :facepalm

NustABut
I really want to see him succeed and its tough for a rookie to go from hyped 1st overall pick to cast away.

Tough situation, but it's now that he needs to show what he's made of.

UK2K
06-22-2015, 05:45 PM
I really want to see him succeed and its tough for a rookie to go from hyped 1st overall pick to cast away.

Tough situation, but it's now that he needs to show what he's made of.
He was #1 pick. Then he was hyped.

He certainly wasn't a top 3 pick on anyone's board but the Cavs apparently.

outbreak
06-22-2015, 05:53 PM
He'll go to the Spurs and turn in to a role player.

I don't think he's as bad as people think if he finds the right fit and settles in to a defined role, but he was definitely never a top 3 talent and being taken that high can be a bad thing if a player isn't ready for that kind of spotlight and expectations.

el gringos
06-22-2015, 05:54 PM
Would it be crazy to say he should go to the Knicks ?

I remember Melo trying to help him out with some advice during his rookie year. That is off course, if the Knicks want to throw another season and let Bennett got all the minutes he wants.
Lavine, Bennett, rights to bjelica
For
Calderon, thanasis, t hardaway jr, 2018 1st

Cocaine80s
06-22-2015, 06:02 PM
Is he good? Can the Cavs get him?

HurricaneKid
06-22-2015, 06:06 PM
I was surprised when they accepted the team offer for 3rd year of 5M+.

When you cannot play for the worst team in the league when they get crushed by injury you probably aren't a great prospect.

Twiens
06-22-2015, 06:55 PM
I still think he figures it out in the next couple years, Raps/Lakers would be a great fit for him.

senelcoolidge
06-22-2015, 06:56 PM
He's young and has potential. Just give him another 5-6 years.

FKAri
06-22-2015, 07:14 PM
I'll always remember this video of Bennett:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JZr_GKwmtY

:roll: :roll: :roll:

SyRyanYang
06-22-2015, 07:16 PM
Warriors or Spurs should take a chance on him.

imnew09
06-22-2015, 07:16 PM
Come to the lakers for cheap. Kobe will teach him some post moves