PDA

View Full Version : Top 15 GOATs, who's done it?!

TheCorporation
06-22-2015, 07:16 PM
Which of the all-time greats have done it?

Shot above 47% in a single season:
Jordan
Bird
Magic
James
Shaq
Kareem
Duncan
Hakeem
Wilt
Robertson

Shot above 50% in a single season:
Jordan
Bird
Magic
James
Shaq
Kareem
Duncan
Hakeem
Wilt
Robertson

Players in the top 15 that have NOT shot above 50% for a single season:
Kobe Bryant
Bill Russell

Players in the top 15 that have NOT shot above 47% for a single season:
Kobe Bryant
Bill Russell

Kobe on that Bill Russell scoring tip?

It seems that every single player on the list except for one was an efficient scorer...

Dr Hawk
06-22-2015, 07:30 PM
I like this thread because there is no agenda

SouBeachTalents
06-22-2015, 07:39 PM
Russell never shot above 47% either

Deuce Bigalow
06-22-2015, 07:42 PM
2/6 is fresh off shooting .398 in the NBA finals OP...

TheCorporation
06-22-2015, 07:43 PM
Russell never shot above 47% either

No way, I just assumed every center had so I didn't even look at Russell of all the players :lol

But, we can also easily say that Russell has never been regarded as "one of the best scorers" either.

TheCorporation
06-22-2015, 07:45 PM
2/6 is fresh off shooting .398 in the NBA finals OP...

It doesn't blow your mind at least a LITTLE bit that Kobe never shot above .469 once? Is that not the epitome of a volume scoring chucker? No hate, but honestly...If that doesn't prove it. Jesus. I figured every all time great who is known for scoring could've done it at least once.

Also, are we comparing a 6-game series sample (which is already out of context for reasons most NBA fans know consider the circumstances) versus an entire career?

I'm not cherry picking Kobe's 6 for 24, I'm looking at the dude's entire career...

Droid101
06-22-2015, 07:46 PM
rent free

Deuce Bigalow
06-22-2015, 07:49 PM
It doesn't blow your mind at least a LITTLE bit that Kobe never shot above .469 once? Is that not the epitome of a volume scoring chucker? No hate, but honestly...If that doesn't prove it. Jesus. I figured every all time great who is known for scoring could've done it at least once.

Also, are we comparing a 6-game series sample (which is already out of context for reasons most NBA fans know consider the circumstances) versus an entire career?

I'm not cherry picking Kobe's 6 for 24, I'm looking at the dude's entire career...
What are MJ and Kobe's point and FGA totals?

TheCorporation
06-22-2015, 07:52 PM
What are MJ and Kobe's point and FGA totals?

MJ is a career 50% FG player and Kobe has the NBA record for most missed field goals lol...

COnDEMnED
06-22-2015, 07:53 PM
I can appreciate the effort. It's a new spin on an old troll. One that I haven't seen before. Kudos. You got potential kid. Go get em' little rascal.

Cold soul
06-22-2015, 07:55 PM
Nice troll thread. There's no hidden agenda here. :facepalm

Deuce Bigalow
06-22-2015, 08:00 PM
MJ is a career 50% FG player and Kobe has the NBA record for most missed field goals lol...
Mind posting the totals?

Ne 1
06-22-2015, 09:25 PM

This is cherry picking and detracting at its finest. Pick an arbitrary number to validate a point that really isn't grounded in fact. Anyway, It's all relative to respective seasons. Kobe's efficiency for the most part has been above or right on the league average, very rarely below it if ever.

rmt
06-22-2015, 11:42 PM
This is cherry picking and detracting at its finest. Pick an arbitrary number to validate a point that really isn't grounded in fact. Anyway, It's all relative to respective seasons. Kobe's efficiency for the most part has been above or right on the league average, very rarely below it if ever.

Not saying that I agree with OP's choice of topic but it's amazing to me that Kobe stans love to claim that he's top 5, but he doesn't show up in any efficiency/advanced stats category as the other usual suspects like MJ whose stats SCREAM out at you. Don't you think some one who is acclaimed to be top 10 (top 5 to his fans) should be not just AVERAGE or below?

ClipperRevival
06-22-2015, 11:45 PM
I like this thread because there is no agenda

:oldlol: Agenda free thread indeed.

Akrazotile
06-22-2015, 11:49 PM
Not saying that I agree with OP's choice of topic but it's amazing to me that Kobe stans love to claim that he's top 5, but he doesn't show up in any efficiency/advanced stats category as the other usual suspects like MJ whose stats SCREAM out at you. Don't you think some one who is acclaimed to be top 10 (top 5 to his fans) should be not just AVERAGE or below?

Legitimately there has been nothing more overrated in the history of the sport of basketball than Kobe's impact on the court. His style of play is flashy window dressing that sells shoes and mesmerizes lower minds. His actual impact on the outcome of games has been shown to be marginal. Hes genuinely not a top 20 player. Guys like DRob, Stockton, Cp3, Pippen, and a ton of others had more all around positive impact than Kobe's one dimensional, no defense, volume ppg chucking.

34-24 Footwork
06-23-2015, 12:12 AM

Kobe's 45pt, 10reb 3stl game against the Spurs in 2001 was the chuckfest of the century for sure.

Never seen such inefficient play. Let's discuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qawbo3NOmR4