PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Frank the Tank?

ralph_i_el
06-22-2015, 10:24 PM
I think he's being criminally underrated in most mock drafts right now. If he falls out of the lottery, it will be a shame. He would fit insanely well on the Wizards.

What do you think? Inb4 " He's a slow white guy with no upside" the guy has significantly improved his skills every season for 4 years.

Droid101
06-22-2015, 10:26 PM
Dude shat on the "number one pick." Why can't he get his?

IncarceratedBob
06-22-2015, 10:27 PM
I think he'll be taken late in the first round. Especially after Doug Mcdermott busted last year I dont think teams are eager to draft a white 4 year college player.

ralph_i_el
06-22-2015, 10:33 PM
I think he'll be taken late in the first round. Especially after Doug Mcdermott busted last year I dont think teams are eager to draft a white 4 year college player.

Between him and Justin Anderson being slotted late in the 1st, some team is going to get an absolute steal.

I'm not writing off McDermott yet either. Did anyone actually expect him to get playing time as a rookie under Thibs? He'll stick somewhere. Brains+Height+Shooting=Years in the league.

outbreak
06-22-2015, 10:35 PM
there was an article saying the knicks want him at 4.....:facepalm

JellyBean
06-22-2015, 10:37 PM
I like the dude. Being 7'1ish, the dude is changing the way folks think about basketball. Just another step in the evolution process of the big man position in basketball. I see him going in the late 1st round.

ralph_i_el
06-22-2015, 10:42 PM
I like the dude. Being 7'1ish, the dude is changing the way folks think about basketball. Just another step in the evolution process of the big man position in basketball. I see him going in the late 1st round.

I like how he has the handle to bend the defense and the brain to know when to do it. Some people are thrown off seeing a white guy of that size put the ball on the deck as often as he does, and I know it looks awkward, but he's so efficient with his dribble.

I know specifically for the Wizards, Wittman had Beal running off a ton of handoffs with Gortat. When you have Frank handing the ball off, he can:

1. Hand it off and screen for Beal
2. pull the handoff and shoot
3. pull the handoff and attack off the dribble.

Whereas all Gortat could do was screen and roll off the handoff.

This is just one specific example of how he could be extremely versatile.

COnDEMnED
06-22-2015, 10:57 PM
Will Farrell's in this draft? Does he go streaking through Honolulu Avenue, Montrose, California?

plowking
06-22-2015, 11:01 PM
A lot of mocks have him going to the Heat. Not sure what to think of him.

Looks an average rebounder and defender but good offensive player. It would sure up our frontline though which is good.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-22-2015, 11:10 PM
I think he might struggle on defense against certain players, but he's a legit triple threat on offense. Which you don't see often in 7-1 players. His footwork is so good. His handle is so good for his size. Nice vision... As long as his jumper doesn't disappear from him, I love him as an offensive player. Especially taking guys off the dribble.

unknowns8
06-22-2015, 11:38 PM
Will Farrell's in this draft? Does he go streaking through Honolulu Avenue, Montrose, California?

YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE!!!!

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

hawksdogsbraves
06-22-2015, 11:38 PM
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him on the Hawks, his skill set would work well in our system.

Clyde
06-22-2015, 11:39 PM
there was an article saying the knicks want him at 4.....:facepalm

The article says they'll trade up to take him.....

Not at #4.....that's gross

outbreak
06-22-2015, 11:44 PM
The article says they'll trade up to take him.....

Not at #4.....that's gross

Would make more sense but the one I read said they hadn't found a partner despite hard efforts and were considering taking him at 4.

WeGetRing2012
06-22-2015, 11:49 PM
Most mocks have him going #12 or #13 to the Jazz or Suns.

Fallen Angel
06-23-2015, 12:09 AM
not sure if stupid or retarded

probably somewhere in the middle

Fallen Angel
06-23-2015, 12:14 AM
Indiana is drafting him to replace Roy Hibbert or David West, whichever guy bounces first.

That floor spacing gives more room for George Hill and Paul George to operate on the perimeter and more room for Roy Hibbert to do whatever he does in the paint.

I'm sure being mentored by David West and having Larry Bird in his ear will be good for his development.

imdaman99
06-23-2015, 12:24 AM
If the Knicks wanted to do their #4 + Calderon for Bledsoe and the Suns pick, they'll probably consider him for the pick. Or Lyles.

Cleverness
06-23-2015, 02:43 AM
-no lateral quickness on D
-no offensive explosiveness... so slow motion
-kinda weak; got bullied by Towns/Okafor

only thing i really like about him is his versatility

JohnnySic
06-23-2015, 08:09 AM
Celtics should get him. We need more dorky white guys to go with Olynyk, Zeller, Jerebko, etc. It'll be like the 80's again! :oldlol:

Seriously though, I'd like this pick.

Fallen Angel
06-23-2015, 08:11 AM
Celtics should get him. We need more dorky white guys to go with Olynyk, Zeller, Jerebko, etc. It'll be like the 80's again! :oldlol:

Seriously though, I'd like this pick.
https://adventuresofalabornurse.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/poker-face-gif.gif

Fallen Angel
06-23-2015, 08:15 AM
-no lateral quickness on D
-no offensive explosiveness... so slow motion
-kinda weak; got bullied by Towns/Okafor

only thing i really like about him is his versatility
You clearly have not watched him all season.

You'd be perfect for Insidehoops. The main forum is perfect for your retardness.

UK2K
06-23-2015, 08:30 AM
Dude shat on the "number one pick." Why can't he get his?

Towns and Kaminsky had almost identical stats, and Kaminsky is three years older.

20, 11 in 37 minutes on 7-11 shooting.
16, 9 in 31 minutes on 7-11 shooting.

Which one got shat on?

chips93
06-23-2015, 11:39 AM
I like how he has the handle to bend the defense and the brain to know when to do it. Some people are thrown off seeing a white guy of that size put the ball on the deck as often as he does, and I know it looks awkward, but he's so efficiency with his dribble.

this

he already has a great spin move.

he has a countermove to all of his primary moves, takeaway the jumper, he can drive, cut off his drive he can spin. take away his hook he can up and under.

id take him at 10ish, if he's still there at 15 hes a steal.

PJR
06-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Will struggle to stay in the league after a few years.

kshutts1
06-23-2015, 11:45 AM
I don't follow the college game, so I could be way off base, but Kaminsky strikes me as a Keith Van Horn to Chris Bosh on offense. I think he'd make a fabulous third big. Indiana would be a great spot for him, as would Atlanta or Miami.

Would also do well in Washington, to help give them more shooting.

HurricaneKid
06-23-2015, 11:47 AM
Towns and Kaminsky had almost identical stats, and Kaminsky is three years older.

Which one got shat on?

He must have meant the #2 pick. Because he DESTROYED Okafor in the Natl Champ.

Droid101
06-23-2015, 11:50 AM

Which one got shat on?
UK Stays losing.

MavsSuperFan
06-23-2015, 03:38 PM
White american players have not done well in the nba in terms of being impactful players.

Everyone got on skip for saying he wouldnt draft a white american player, but since stockton who is the best player you would be missing out on with that rule? Kevin empty stats love?

Lakers Legend#32
06-23-2015, 03:46 PM
You know the Klansmen who run the Celtics will make a run at another dorky white guy.

ralph_i_el
07-22-2015, 01:34 PM
White american players have not done well in the nba in terms of being impactful players.

Everyone got on skip for saying he wouldnt draft a white american player, but since stockton who is the best player you would be missing out on with that rule? Kevin empty stats love?

Plenty of white American players have had a ton of impact. Think of how many great white role players are in the league right now. The game is more than stars you know.

MJ must have been reading this thread :applause:

rufuspaul
07-23-2015, 10:18 AM
The predictions in this thread are funny. Looking forward to seeing Frank play. If anything the Hornets roster has some great nicknames.

MKG
Frank The Tank
Big Al
Linsanity
Psycho T