PDA

View Full Version : Do you Kobe fans also rank him over Magic/Kareem?

pauk
06-23-2015, 07:02 PM
5/7 > 6/10 > 5/9 afterall...

Serious question, its your own logic... :confusedshrug:

K Xerxes
06-23-2015, 07:04 PM
The finals % argument is stupid, but all those guys have won 5 or more championships. Bron is sitting at 2/6. It's clearly different.

ISHGoat
06-23-2015, 07:05 PM
5/7 > 5/9 > 6/11 afterall...

Well his first 3 rings combine to equal one full ring (benchwarmer + shaq + refs) and his last two = 1 (gasol was best player) so it's actually 2/7

pauk
06-23-2015, 07:05 PM
The finals % argument is stupid, but all those guys have won 5 or more championships. Bron is sitting at 2/6. It's clearly different.

Oh... so you are saying Lebron being 2/2 is better as he would quit/choked earlier than Finals 4 times.... :confusedshrug:

Wade's Rings
06-23-2015, 07:06 PM
5/7 > 5/9 > 6/11 afterall...

Kareem played in 10 Finals

Mr. Jabbar
06-23-2015, 07:07 PM
there is a case specially over magic, anyway; kobe, magic and kaj, all passed the eye test, no hard feelings between all time greats. lebron didn't.

apples and oranges.

Rocketswin2013
06-23-2015, 07:08 PM
Kareem's last ring was so horrible. He was just not good by that time.

Wade's Rings
06-23-2015, 07:09 PM
Kareem's last ring was so horrible. He was just not good by that time.

IIRC he wasn't even a Top 3 Player on the Team

Ne 1
06-23-2015, 07:12 PM
Oh... so you are saying Lebron being 2/2 is better as he would quit/choked earlier than Finals 4 times.... :confusedshrug:

Losing more often than not at any level is unacceptable. The way I look at it: if you're good enough to make it to the Finals, you're good enough to win it all.

If you make 10 first rounds, you should win atleast 6

of the 6 times you make the 2nd round. you should win at least 4

of the 4 times you make the 3rd round. you should win at least 3

of the 3 times you make the finals. you should win at least 2

There is no excuse for losing more often than you win at any level.

So yes, it is much much much more impressive to make the finals and lose than lose in the 1st round, but that does not change the fact that you should have a winning record at every level. Especially if you're getting to that level a bunch of times.

pauk
06-23-2015, 07:16 PM
Kareem played in 10 Finals

Ah you are right, thanks, fixed.

Still Kobe > Magic/Kareem. :bowdown:

G0ATbe
06-23-2015, 07:28 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-25374-Michael-Jordan-YEAH-gif-wyUJ.gif

chazzy
06-23-2015, 07:29 PM
It's funny how you don't seem to realize that people troll with 2/6 because people like you are clearly riled up by it

Rocketswin2013
06-23-2015, 07:32 PM
I expect too much out of this place.

branslowski
06-23-2015, 07:34 PM
It's funny how you don't seem to realize that people troll with 2/6 because people like you are clearly riled up by it

Nah 2/6 is pretty sh!tty.

And Kobe is clearly a better basketball player than Magic honestly.

La Frescobaldi
06-23-2015, 08:02 PM
Losing more often than not at any level is unacceptable. The way I look at it: if you're good enough to make it to the Finals, you're good enough to win it all.

So yes, it is much much much more impressive to make the finals and lose than lose in the 1st round, but that does not change the fact that you should have a winning record at every level. Especially if you're getting to that level a bunch of times.

how does one type on a keypad with a brain this damaged

imnew09
06-23-2015, 08:12 PM
Magic said Kobe is the greatest Laker of all time when Magic himself played the the Laker his entire career as well

No hard feeling

warriorfan
06-23-2015, 08:15 PM
Well his first 3 rings combine to equal one full ring (benchwarmer + shaq + refs) and his last two = 1 (gasol was best player) so it's actually 2/7

you didnt account for shaq's calf size

hawke812
06-23-2015, 08:15 PM
1a. Kareem
1.b Wilt
1c. Kobe
1d. Magic
1e. Kwame

FKAri
06-23-2015, 08:18 PM
I would entertain the idea of Kobe being above Magic but below Kareem.

And do you have Bird above or below Magic?

K Xerxes
06-23-2015, 08:22 PM

If you could apply your comprehension skills to the level a 5 year old could, maybe you wouldn't arrive at such a ridiculous conclusion based on my statement. I did not say that 2/2 is better than 2/6. It may be, or it might not be. It depends on the circumstances, the team, the individual play and the level of competition.

God, when will people stop spewing this garbage. Why just the finals? If you take this statement to its logical progression and apply it to every round, every team 'should' win every series... and every series after that. Now think about how ridiculous that sounds.

A lot of you spout that the EC is garbage and the best teams are in the West... and then you say contradictory shit like this. Man, you could at least try some subtelty with the stupidity, instead you flash it with a sledgehammer.

Or you can choose not to be a retard and look at things with context. Sometimes you can play out of your mind and lose to a better team. Sometimes your team mates shit the bed. Sometimes you shit the bed. All of these count differently to a reasonable person. And, even if we don't use context, clearly winning 6/10 first rounds is a lot easier (on average) than 2/3 finals, considering you should be playing the best of the best in the finals, while in the first round you can face 10 borderline playoff teams that have no business fighting for the championship.

Also isn't this the same argument that the retard kennethgriffin used a while back? Maybe you are just his alt under the guise of someone who can type grammatically correct sentences. You seem to flaunt an aura of intelligence, but spout the same shit he does.

Cold soul
06-23-2015, 08:22 PM
Kobe over Kareem no way he has no argument what so ever but Magic well that's total tossup you can't wrong with either both have great case.

coin24
06-23-2015, 08:31 PM
Pauk where do you rank the LePeen on your list of favourite cawks?

Spurs5Rings2014
06-23-2015, 09:21 PM
Kobe over Kareem no way he has no argument what so ever but Magic well that's total tossup you can't wrong with either both have great case.

I don't understand why no one ever looks at Kareem's career with context like they do with other players like LeBron or Kobe. LeBron gets flack for playing in a weak conference, but Kareem doesn't for playing in the 80's West. He also doesn't get flack for all his sidekick rings. He doesn't get flack for playing in the weakest era of all time, the 70's, where he racked up almost all his MVP's and could only win one lone ring despite there being hardly any other ATG's during this era (or at least none close to Kareem's supposed level).

daily
06-23-2015, 09:29 PM
you didnt account for shaq's calf size:lol

Odinn
06-23-2015, 09:45 PM
Anyone with a sane logic doesn't rank LeBron over Kareem as well. You can not win win this one pauk. Failed attempt.

Lakers Legend#32
06-23-2015, 11:21 PM
Hell to the NO!
Magic is the greatest Laker.

STATUTORY
06-23-2015, 11:22 PM
Hell to the NO!
Magic is the greatest Laker.

Magic: "Kobe is the greatest laker of all time"

IllegalD
06-23-2015, 11:59 PM
Yes.

Neither Magic or Kareem every won a chip without another Top 10 GOAT candidate (Magic won all 5 w/ Kareem, Kareem won al 6 eith either Magic or Big O).

Kobe won without another Top 10 GOAT.

Advantage: Kobe. :pimp:

JellyBean
06-24-2015, 12:31 AM
5/7 > 6/10 > 5/9 afterall...

Jeez. As a Kobe fan, I understand Kobe's worth and value to the NBA and basketball. On my list, Kobe does not top Kareem or Magic.

bballnoob1192
06-24-2015, 01:40 AM
i'd put kareem over kobe, cuz i have kareem at 2nd on my list. magic and Kobe is a tossup. idk honestly. sometimes my ranking would put kobe above bird and duncan sometimes i have him below them. only my top 3 and bottom 2 are set i guess.

MJ
Kareem
Russell

Wilt
Duncan
Magic
Bird
Kobe

Shaq (criminally low by some but i have my reasons)
Lebron (2/6 finals no trolling that is bad, but he bumps out Hakeem because of hakeem's abysmal first round and playoff losses and not making the playoffs at all.)

My mid tier players are a tossup i can put any of those in any position from 4-8 and i'm fine with it.

plowking
06-24-2015, 02:03 AM
Kobe was a better player than Magic, so he should be ranked above him.

The Iron Fist
06-24-2015, 02:30 AM
Kareem is the greatest, period.

dunksby
06-24-2015, 11:22 AM
Kareem over Magic and Kobe, it's really close between Bean and Magic though.

AlphaWolf24
06-24-2015, 11:46 AM
Jordan Flopped all the time he said.....

I'm going to make a video showing all the Jordan flops he said...

I shoot 8 hours a day he praised....

My sexy form is better then most NBA players he cried...

but all we get is the same ol tired threads...:no:

pauk
06-24-2015, 12:18 PM

I think so, i mean as individual overall talents... Kobe might be better, but thats not what/how we rank people right? Magic has more notable accolades... many more mvps & fmvps/championship runs as THE MAN...

But who am i to talk, 5-7 > 5-9 afterall... :bowdown:

riseagainst
06-24-2015, 12:23 PM
Kobe over Kareem as a Laker, but not Kareem's entire career.
Kobe has a case over Magic as well at this point.

This is all coming from a lebron stan.....

LAZERUSS
06-24-2015, 12:24 PM
I think so, i mean as individual overall talents... Kobe might be better, but thats not what/how we rank people right? Magic has more notable accolades... many more mvps & fmvps/championship runs as THE MAN...

But who am i to talk, 5-7 > 5-9 afterall... :bowdown:

Magic's rings came as the main man.

4/9 > 2/7.

pauk
06-24-2015, 12:25 PM
Jordan Flopped all the time he said.....

No i didnt, i said he was human and got caught flopping at times aswell and that with a highlight video i/you/anybody can make ANYBODY look like a flopper.... thats why Jordan is my target, if i can do it with him, i can do with anybody.... and im closing in...

I'm going to make a video showing all the Jordan flops he said...

No i didnt, i said i was gona make a video showing SOME of Jordan flops... ~150 games... not all his games/all his flops...

I shoot 8 hours a day he praised....

No i didnt, i said i DID that....

1-3 hours before practice, just practicing on shooting mostly
2-3 hours team practice/game
1-3 hours after practice, just practicing on shooting mostly

I indeed did... problem?

My sexy form is better then most NBA players he cried...

No i didnt, i said my form is pretty damn good i think... similar to that of Ray Allen...

But i guess its my own fault, i shouldnt say anything if i dont want to prove it with videos/pics/gifs etc....

However, lying is not good for you....

but all we get is the same ol tired threads...:no:

Tired threads which exposes you/your logic all the time... and which cant be retaliated without derailing like you do, even if you are somewhat delusional...

pauk
06-24-2015, 12:26 PM
Magic's rings came as the main man.

4/9 > 2/7.

Doesnt fit the Kobe "X of X in Finals - Who cares about context" logic. :no:

riseagainst
06-24-2015, 12:30 PM
so when can we expect the Jordan flop cumpilation?

Pointguard
06-24-2015, 01:06 PM
Outside of scoring more, I don't see a case.
Magic was the best team player ever. Controlled the game on a level all to his own. Played in the toughest/greatest teams in the history of the league. Was way more efficient. Top 1 or 2 in intelligence. Had the best judgement ever on the court. Was one of the best leaders ever. Was the best ever at getting easy baskets - Kobe might have taken the worst shots ever over a career - sobeit, he was the best at making hard shots. Magic could play any style and push the ball better than any other player. Magic was the best passer ever... .

Magic was the best at too many things. Mental game was among the best. And got the most out of his physical advantages because his mental game was superior.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-24-2015, 01:12 PM
Outside of scoring more, I don't see a case.
Magic was the best team player ever. Controlled the game on a level all to his own. Played in the toughest/greatest teams in the history of the league. Was way more efficient. Top 1 or 2 in intelligence. Had the best judgement ever on the court. Was one of the best leaders ever. Was the best ever at getting easy baskets - Kobe might have taken the worst shots ever over a career - sobeit, he was the best at making hard shots. Magic could play any style and push the ball better than any other player. Magic was the best passer ever... .

Magic was the best at too many things. Mental game was among the best. And got the most out of his physical advantages because his mental game was superior.

Don't forget about defense, PG. At his best, Kobe was worlds better on that end.

I don't have a concrete Top 10 list, and while I think Magic is on another tier as greatness in the TEAM game go, Kobe is a better 1-on-1 player.

StrongLurk
06-24-2015, 04:13 PM
Kareem> Kobe> Magic

No trolls.

When Lebron retires. Kareem> Lebron> Kobe> Magic

Laker Logic
06-24-2015, 04:43 PM
I rank Kobe over Kareem as a Laker, but not as a player.
I rank Magic over Kobe as both a Laker and a player.

dubeta
06-24-2015, 05:18 PM
Kobe fan here, but he isnt top 10

SexSymbol
06-24-2015, 07:05 PM
Kobe is higher than Magic all-time, better player, better peak, better longevity.

dubeta
06-24-2015, 07:08 PM
Kobe is higher than Magic all-time, better player, better peak, better longevity.

http://img.pandawhale.com/55271-pinocchio-nose-gif-whgD.gif

Showtime2001
06-24-2015, 07:48 PM
Kobe fan here, but he isnt top 10
No doubt better than LeBron doe.

Hey Yo
06-24-2015, 07:57 PM
Magic is the most overrated and had the biggest cake walk of all time in the 80's West

Had no jumper
Awful defense
Shit division
Shit conference
Great teammates

Got to the Finals by beating 3 teams who had a combined record of 118-128 in the reg season.

Made the Finals 9x while only beating 12..... 50+ win teams. No competition/taken to the brink whatsoever to get there.

Wade's Rings
06-24-2015, 08:01 PM
Magic is the most overrated and had the biggest cake walk of all time in the 80's West

Had no jumper
Awful defense
Shit division
Shit conference
Great teammates

Got to the Finals by beating 3 teams who had a combined record of 118-128 in the reg season.

Made the Finals 9x while only beating 12..... 50+ win teams. No competition/taken to the brink whatsoever to get there.

That's more than Bron has beaten :confusedshrug:

Hey Yo
06-24-2015, 08:04 PM
That's more than Bron has beaten :confusedshrug:
Compare the teammates and coaching. Plus how often LA was even tested before the Finals.

dubeta
06-24-2015, 08:09 PM
Compare the teammates and coaching. Plus how often LA was even tested before the Finals.

:lebronamazed:

Wade's Rings
06-24-2015, 08:10 PM

Good Point

LAZERUSS
06-24-2015, 10:28 PM

Had no jumper
Awful defense
Shit division
Shit conference
Great teammates

:roll: :roll: :roll:

What do you think of Bird then?

Here are the FACTS my friend.

Magic's teams beat 13 50+ win teams, and two of them won 60+ games.

Bird's Celtics beat 10 50+ win teams, and only one of them won 60+ games.

In the Finals, Magic's teams beat the 59-23 Sixers, the 58-24 Sixers, the 63-19 Celtics, the 59-23 Celtics, and the 54-28 Pistons.
Bird's Celtics beat the 40-42 Rockets, the 54-28 Lakers, and the 51-31 Rockets.

Furthermore, Magic's teams beat two 50+ win teams, and one 60+ win team AFTER Kareem retired.

Magic is THE greatest "winner" (Career W-L%) in NBA history. And BTW, his career W-L% was .740. In all of his games withOUT Kareem (including his 95-96 season)... .742.

tpols
06-24-2015, 10:36 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

In the Finals, Magic's teams beat the 59-23 Sixers, the 58-24 Sixers, the 63-19 Celtics, the 59-23 Celtics, and the 54-28 Pistons.

Furthermore, Magic's teams beat two 50+ win teams, and one 60+ win team AFTER Kareem retired.

Magic is THE greatest "winner" (Career W-L%) in NBA history. And BTW, his career W-L% was .740. In all of his games withOUT Kareem (including his 95-96 season)... .742.

Both are seriously overrated career wise... for longevity reasons mostly.

LAZERUSS
06-24-2015, 10:51 PM
Both are seriously overrated career wise... for longevity reasons mostly.

????

Magic essentially played 12 seasons (yes, he came back four years after his first retirement, and as a shell, and still led LA to a 22-10 record in '95-96)...and went to NINE FINALS, Winning FIVE of them.

Furthermore, I have long maintained that had he not been injured for nearly the entire second half of the '80-81 season, that his Lakers would have won a title THAT season, as well. Why? Because they wiped out the '80 Sixers, who had gone 59-23, 4-2 (and Kareem didn't play in the clinching blowout win on the road), in the Finals...AND, they wiped out the 58-24 Sixers in the '82 Finals, 4-2. In the 80-81 season, Boston had to come back from a 3-1 series deficit to the Sixers, winning each of the last three games by the narrowest of margins, to advance to the Final, where they beat Moses' 40-42 Rockets (who had shocked Magic's Lakers in a stupid best-of-three format, 2-1.)

And how about the '84 Finals? Magic's Lakers HANDED the Celtics the title that season. In fact, even Larry Bird said that they should have SWEPT Boston in that Finals. As it was they gave Boston TWO wins in games two and four...and lost a game seven in Boston.

What is interesting about the '84 Finals...is that the Lakers and Celtics met again in the '85 and '87 Finals, and LA easily won both series 4-2. In '85, after losing game one, they stormed back to win four of the next five, including a blowout win in game three, and a solid road win in Boston in game six. In the '87 Finals, they blew out Boston in three of their four wins (with late 20 point leads in all three), en route to a 4-2 series win.

And how about the '89 Finals? The Lakers came into that Finals, 11-0 in the post-season. However, they had lost 20 ppg scorer Byron Scott in the WCF's. Then, in game two of the Finals, against the Pistons, Magic was injured (and the game was tied at the time), and without both Magic and Scott, the Lakers were swept...albeit, the last three losses were close.

You could easily make a case that Magic COULD have won EIGHT rings (and probably SHOULD have.)

tpols
06-24-2015, 11:22 PM
Magic essentially played 12 seasons (yes, he came back four years after his first retirement, and as a shell, and still led LA to a 22-10 record in '95-96)...and went to NINE FINALS, Winning FIVE of them

He played in the worst conference of all time.. even worse than bron with even slightly more stacked teams.

NINE finals isn't any achievement playing in those conditions when bird, kobe, duncan, shaq, and hakeem had much tougher roads to the Finals especially given their help in some cases.

LAZERUSS
06-24-2015, 11:32 PM
He played in the worst conference of all time.. even worse than bron with even slightly more stacked teams.

NINE finals isn't any achievement playing in those conditions when bird, kobe, duncan, shaq, and hakeem had much tougher roads to the Finals especially given their help in some cases.

Did you not read my post above?

Magic did BETTER against the SAME teams that Bird's teams faced in the 80's.

And please, don't give me Kareem here. Kareem was a side-kick from the 81-82 season on, and to be honest, as great as he played in the '80 Finals...he missed the clinching game, on the road...and MAGIC led the Lakers to a ROUT, with a 42-15-7 game.

After that season...Magic's team. Furthermore, Kareem was just a valuable contributor in the '82 title run. Hell, McAdoo put up "KAJ numbers" in less minutes in the Finals. I'll give Kareem his due in the '85 Finals...albeit, it was MAGIC who led the Lakers PLAYOFF run that year. And in '87, Kareem was now a "third-wheel" and in the '88 title...well, let me put it to you this way...the Lakers won a title DESPITE Kareem, who was simply awful.

Without Magic...Kareem retires with one ring. Without Kareem in the decade of the 80's, and I still think Magic wins 2-3 rings, maybe more.

AlphaWolf24
06-25-2015, 12:40 AM
No i didnt, i said he was human and got caught flopping at times aswell and that with a highlight video i/you/anybody can make ANYBODY look like a flopper.... thats why Jordan is my target, if i can do it with him, i can do with anybody.... and im closing in...

Jordan has played in the NBA for 15 years and since i started watching him live (1991) i have seen very many flops, travels, cheapshots and whatever you could ever imagine.... none of it is highlighted on youtube, none of it is GIFed....

Anybody who doesnt believe Jordan might have accumulated more "flops" than Lebron is just ignorant, its not like Lebron is even a flopper....

No i didnt, i said i was gona make a video showing SOME of Jordan flops... ~150 games... not all his games/all his flops...

Jordan stans snapped, way to many think Jordan never managed to flop.... and i am here to prove you he did get caught, just like anybody else ever and again prove how unrealistic you are....

No i didnt, i said i DID that....

1-3 hours before practice, just practicing on shooting mostly
2-3 hours team practice/game
1-3 hours after practice, just practicing on shooting mostly

I indeed did... problem?

i am a true bball addict that spends up to 8 hours almost everyday mostly just shooting, in rain, in snow,

Said this many times here before, some didnt believe me, i can record myself shooting and upload the video here if anybody is interested. :)

No i didnt, i said my form is pretty damn good i think... similar to that of Ray Allen...

i honestly believe i could outshoot many NBA players, like for example in a 3pt or FT contest...

But i guess its my own fault, i shouldnt say anything if i dont want to prove it with videos/pics/gifs etc....

However, lying is not good for you....

Tired threads which exposes you/your logic all the time... and which cant be retaliated without derailing like you do, even if you are somewhat delusional...

http://i.imgur.com/NjrwffZ.jpg

listen up Simba.....

you talk the talk but you scared to walk the walk...

If this was a Pride ...you would have been kicked out by now...

No more threads ( especially tired azz ones like this) until we see yer sexy form and MJ floppin more then LBJ....

2EZ