PDA

View Full Version : Grinder's 2015 Mock Draft

Grinder
06-24-2015, 09:08 AM
I went through and did some player comparisons before realizing it was an exercise in futility. People always take issues with a player comparisons so I

Grinder
06-24-2015, 09:11 AM
I have no idea how all those asterisks were placed in that post. I typed it up in Word and pasted it in here.

UK2K
06-24-2015, 09:13 AM
I can't imagine Philly would pass on a guard (Russell) and draft ANOTHER big man, but, stranger things have happened.

I also think you have Dekker, and especially Tyus Jones waaaay to high.

48 hours and we'll know for sure.

brownmamba00
06-24-2015, 09:26 AM
Hope Okafor pans out if we pick him. Still have some serious question marks about the guy he looks slow and Kaminsky was locking him up during the NCAA finals so I got the feelin' he's soft too. Those are bad attributes going in to the pros. Hopefully I'm wrong and he becomes a beast.

btw don't see RJH getting drafted that high and Kaminsky is going top 15.

plowking
06-24-2015, 09:32 AM
I doubt Dekker goes that high. Especially above Hezonja who literally does everything he does but better.

UK2K
06-24-2015, 09:33 AM
Hope Okafor pans out if we pick him. Still have some serious question marks about the guy he looks slow and Kaminsky was locking him up during the NCAA finals so I got the feelin' he's soft too. Those are bad attributes going in to the pros. Hopefully I'm wrong and he becomes a beast.

btw don't see RJH getting drafted that high and Kaminsky is going top 15.

I think Okafor just needs to get with a trainer and work out.

His talent on the low block is undeniable.

If he will commit to playing somewhat of a defense (similar to Harden's commitment to defense this season) then he could be a star in this league.

aj1987
06-24-2015, 09:35 AM
How good is WCS and what are his strengths/weaknesses?

brownmamba00
06-24-2015, 09:44 AM
I think Okafor just needs to get with a trainer and work out.

His talent on the low block is undeniable.

If he will commit to playing somewhat of a defense (similar to Harden's commitment to defense this season) then he could be a star in this league.
yeah I agree his hands and IQ in the low post could be special but the guy looked so ineffective and slow on defense everytime I watched him that I don't think he'll ever become an effective rim protector which brings up the question how good of a fit will he be next to Randle in the frontcourt?:confusedshrug:

Still have my fingers crossed for Russell but I won't be too disappointed if they do eventually draft Oak.

UK2K
06-24-2015, 10:05 AM
yeah I agree his hands and IQ in the low post could be special but the guy looked so ineffective and slow on defense everytime I watched him that I don't think he'll ever become an effective rim protector which brings up the question how good of a fit will he be next to Randle in the frontcourt?:confusedshrug:

Still have my fingers crossed for Russell but I won't be too disappointed if they do eventually draft Oak.

If Okafor is drafted, Randle will surely be gone at some point.

I don't see any way they can play together.

Giaodollo
06-24-2015, 10:26 AM
Hezonja is now way falling to nine, I wish he fell to the Jazz but now way he is going past 6, maybe 7.

chocolatethunder
06-24-2015, 10:36 AM
I have no idea how all those asterisks were placed in that post. I typed it up in Word and pasted it in here.
Grinder I think that you're awesome and know your shit but I don't think that there is any chance in hell that the Sixers take Porzingis. A long time ago Brett Brown had said that there was a clear cut best player in the draft and I think that they meant Russell. They certainly didn't mean Porzingis and I can't really see Hinkie taking Porzingis unless he's flipping him for someone else.

Dr.J4ever
06-24-2015, 10:45 AM
I have a feeling we're going with Krystaps.

There's a report out today that the 76ers are looking to get another 1st rounder in the early 20s to mid teens. If true, this may be used to get Jerian Grant as our PG. A core of Noel and Porzingis, and then later on Saric ain't bad at all.

This is assuming the worst with Embiid, even if I think he'll be okay.(he's been seen out partying in the Philly area and telling people to chill and that he'll be okay come game 1 of the regular season).

chocolatethunder
06-24-2015, 10:50 AM
I have a feeling we're going with Krystaps.

There's a report out today that the 76ers are looking to get another 1st rounder in the early 20s to mid teens. If true, this may be used to get Jerian Grant as our PG. A core of Noel and Porzingis, and then later on Saric ain't bad at all.

This is assuming the worst with Embiid, even if I think he'll be okay.(he's been seen out partying in the Philly area and telling people to chill and that he'll be okay come game 1 of the regular season).
I don't think that there's any way that Hinkie drafts Porzingis. I don't think that he'd draft Grant either. I'm not sure that Saric will ever play here at this point. He could be traded before he ever plays here.

Edit: I don't care if he drafts Porzingis or Grant I just don't think that he will.

Dr.J4ever
06-24-2015, 10:58 AM
I don't think that there's any way that Hinkie drafts Porzingis. I don't think that he'd draft Grant either. I'm not sure that Saric will ever play here at this point. He could be traded before he ever plays here.

Edit: I don't care if he drafts Porzingis or Grant I just don't think that he will.

Just a feeling. Don't really know.

You're not intrigued by Porzingis? If you are right and Embiid is really hurt, I would like us to swing more for the fences and go for the highest possible upside, and Krystaps is it.

Getting Russel to me at 3 would indicate all is well among our bigs.

veilside23
06-24-2015, 11:00 AM

You're not intrigued by Porzingis? If you are right and Embiid is really hurt, I would like us to swing more for the fences and go for the highest possible upside, and Krystaps is it.

Right . that could be an indication.

Porzingis isnt a bad pick up @ the 3. I think he would really benefit playing alongside Noel.

If Embiid is healthy i don't see any reason for philly not to take Porzingis.

Regarding the mock draft @ Grinder.

I like the bobby portis prediction i think he would pan out great there. Dude's attitude and love for the game is insane that i think he would really work hard to get better.

chocolatethunder
06-24-2015, 11:03 AM

It's not a matter of being intrigued or not, I would take Russell because he's the best player available in my opinion. I'm not super high on Porzingis. I'm not against drafting him because I assume that Hinkie knows a lot more about him than I do, I just am not in love with euros. But I don't see the point in drafting for need there. I say take Russell and if you're that worried about a big then trade a couple picks from next year to get in the top ten or somewhere else in the first round and get a big.

UK2K
06-24-2015, 11:05 AM
It's not a matter of being intrigued or not, I would take Russell because he's the best player available in my opinion. I'm not super high on Porzingis. I'm not against drafting him because I assume that Hinkie knows a lot more about him than I do, I just am not in love with euros. But I don't see the point in drafting for need there. I say take Russell and if you're that worried about a big then trade a couple picks from next year to get in the top ten or somewhere else in the first round and get a big.

Next year's class is loaded with big men as well.

That 2013 (?) class was just straight garbage. This year, and next, there is a lot of talent coming up.

Dr.J4ever
06-24-2015, 11:07 AM

Well, that would be ideal--getting another pick in the top 10. I would be really happy about that, but getting another pick in the latter part of the 1st round isn't so bad either and more realistic.

So Russel is your guy? If Hinkie gets him, I think that would show he is playing safe- ergo Embiid is healthy.

chocolatethunder
06-24-2015, 11:17 AM
Next year's class is loaded with big men as well.

That 2013 (?) class was just straight garbage. This year, and next, there is a lot of talent coming up.
Agreed. I'm not worried about that. I just say take the best player available. For me if Russell is available at three its a no brainer.

Sakkreth
06-24-2015, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=Grinder]
47. Philadelphia*

Dr.J4ever
06-24-2015, 11:41 AM
You got Cedi Osman twice.

Good you dropped in.

Can Porzingis be of immediate impact this season, and can he be a superstar in 3-4 years in the NBA?

Fallen Angel
06-24-2015, 11:56 AM
Yeah... Indiana isn't reaching for Tyus Jones, that's not at all realistic. There are two, probably three, better PGs to draft if they wanted to draft from that position.

Roy Hibbert is on the outs with management and the coaching staff since his debacle of a playoffs in 2014, they'd be better drafting another big man to fill that position when he leaves in free agency.

brownmamba00
06-24-2015, 11:59 AM
Jerian Grant will be a beast.

noob cake
06-24-2015, 12:18 PM
How good is WCS and what are his strengths/weaknesses?

Strength:
Quick like a guard, defends like Anthony Davis
Great size
Great athlete

Weakness:
Garage man offense
Might have some foot issues
Suffers from sickle cell anemia
Questions about his dedication to the game, prefers football over basketball

He is basically a wing defender version of Nerlens Noel

hawksdogsbraves
06-24-2015, 12:26 PM
A lot of rumors that Atlanta wants to move up to 11, we must have our eye one someone in particular.

Don't have any real idea of who that would be but for some reason I think Stanley Johnson might be the target, there's a good chance Demarre leaves in FA and we'd need a wing defender.

Could also see Kaminsky or Lyles.

Jasi
06-24-2015, 12:31 PM
Grinder, you mentioned comparisons in the OP. Where are they?

chocolatethunder
06-24-2015, 12:49 PM
Good you dropped in.

Can Porzingis be of immediate impact this season, and can he be a superstar in 3-4 years in the NBA?
Pretty much no one thinks that Porzingis will have an immediate impact this season. He's projected to be a good player in a few years. It's a reach to say he'll be a superstar but that doesn't mean he can't be a good player. Either way, this year is not going to be the year we find out.

Jameerthefear
06-24-2015, 01:05 PM
i don't think philly drafts KP

Rooster
06-24-2015, 01:23 PM
Good you dropped in.

If Porzingis can't create his own shot at Euroleague level then how can you expect him to be superstar in the NBA.:confusedshrug:

Maybe he will be a good role player because he does have size and impressive motor skills and outside stroke.

Euroleague
06-24-2015, 03:32 PM
If Porzingis can't create his own shot at Euroleague level then how can you expect him to be superstar in the NBA.:confusedshrug:

Maybe he will be a good role player because he does have size and impressive motor skills and outside stroke.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/13P7CRQP8pe1tm/200.gif

Porzingis has never played in the Euroleague you freaking moron. How the hell could he create his own shot or not in a league he never even played in?

Grinder
06-24-2015, 04:48 PM
I can't imagine Philly would pass on a guard (Russell) and draft ANOTHER big man, but, stranger things have happened.

I also think you have Dekker, and especially Tyus Jones waaaay to high.

48 hours and we'll know for sure.

Dekker, for me, has a lot of Gordon Hayward in his game without the aggressiveness offensively. I actually think Dekker has superior physical tools and could turn out to be a very good starting wing.

I

Euroleague
06-24-2015, 05:00 PM
Agravanis better be drafted. He stayed in and he's much better than most of the college players in the draft. If he isn't drafted, then it fully exposes and proves an anti Greek agenda from the NBA.

Grinder
06-25-2015, 08:52 AM
Updated.

ralph_i_el
06-25-2015, 08:57 AM
Agravanis better be drafted. He stayed in and he's much better than most of the college players in the draft. If he isn't drafted, then it fully exposes and proves an anti Greek agenda from the NBA.

He's a real ugly looking mother****er

UK2K
06-25-2015, 09:22 AM
[QUOTE=Grinder]Dekker, for me, has a lot of Gordon Hayward in his game without the aggressiveness offensively. I actually think Dekker has superior physical tools and could turn out to be a very good starting wing.

I

Human Error
06-25-2015, 09:48 AM
Porzingis hasn't even worked out for Philadelphia. :facepalm

Sakkreth
06-25-2015, 10:12 AM
Good you dropped in.

Team that drafts him better be patient :D

He can have some impact of the bench first year, but not much more than that. Superstar in 3-4 well yes, but it's a reach. If I had to make a guess I'd say he will turn out a decent starter border line all-star or all-star.

Euroleague
06-25-2015, 10:18 AM
Team that drafts him better be patient :D

He can have some impact of the bench first year, but not much more than that. Superstar in 3-4 well yes, but it's a reach. If I had to make a guess I'd say he will turn out a decent starter border line all-star or all-star.

So in other words, about half the patience needed with Motiejunas.

Sakkreth
06-25-2015, 01:05 PM
So in other words, about half the patience needed with Motiejunas.

Well Motiejunas obviously wasn't ready when he got drafted, but then he had no chances to prove himself for way too long. Only when injuries happened on Rockets roster he had a chance to prove himself and did immeadetly. Porzingis might not have the same character of training hard and improving while seeing no playing time, this is less likely to happen to him, but if it does he better have patience like Motiejunas did.

Grinder
06-25-2015, 04:44 PM
Updated again. I think I've settled on the top 5. I'm going to make a bold call and say that my Sixers will actually make a rational decision and take Russell.

Edit: Since I didn't include player comparisons in the original post, I'll post some player comparisons by request.

Euroleague
06-25-2015, 04:50 PM
Well Motiejunas obviously wasn't ready when he got drafted, but then he had no chances to prove himself for way too long. Only when injuries happened on Rockets roster he had a chance to prove himself and did immeadetly. Porzingis might not have the same character of training hard and improving while seeing no playing time, this is less likely to happen to him, but if it does he better have patience like Motiejunas did.

So in other words, don't go to any NBA teams that hate European players.

Let's make a list.

#1 team that hates European players the most ----> Everyone knows that's the,

1. Rockets

and then?

I'm thinking the Blazers are next.

jamal99
06-25-2015, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=Grinder]
24. Cleveland

Grinder
06-25-2015, 05:47 PM
What makes you think Milutinov goes in the first round? I mean, he's okay, but early-mid 2nd imo...

I think he's an early second rounder as well but with a team like Cleveland looking to possibly save cap space, they might just go international and draft and stash.

Giaodollo
06-25-2015, 08:54 PM
Hezonja is now way falling to nine, I wish he fell to the Jazz but now way he is going past 6, maybe 7.
legend