PDA

View Full Version : Report: Warriors trying to trade up in NBA Draft

Ca$H
06-24-2015, 01:23 PM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/report-warriors-trying-trade-nba-draft?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Per Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com:

Interesting development heading toward Thursday night: I

Funktion
06-24-2015, 01:31 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/UnfinishedCalculatingHarpyeagle.gif

DMAVS41
06-24-2015, 01:42 PM
Barnes and the 30th to move up?

That's what it has to be....right?

Rooster
06-24-2015, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=Ca$H]http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/report-warriors-trying-trade-nba-draft?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Per Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com:

Interesting development heading toward Thursday night: I

Fowl
06-24-2015, 01:48 PM
Holy sht the Warriors are trying to make a lightskin dynasty.

Curry Thompson Iggy WCS Livingston Brandon Rush.

Also WCS fits in perfectly with the Warriors. I noticed how they took out Bogut in order to run a fast paced game and WCS is a fast paced type of player.

PejaNowitzki
06-24-2015, 01:55 PM
Warriors are having enough trouble pawning Lee off on someone. Its not that they should trade him, its that with a resulting $50 million hit, they HAVE to trade him and that 1st round pick is their best asset to give up.

DMAVS41
06-24-2015, 02:05 PM
Warriors are having enough trouble pawning Lee off on someone. Its not that they should trade him, its that with a resulting $50 million hit, they HAVE to trade him and that 1st round pick is their best asset to give up.

What if they've decided to just take the hit though?

They could have decided that they won't be able to make Barnes work within the cap going forward and that it's best for them to turn Barnes and the 30th into a player now....and having Lee on the roster only helps ease losing a quality player like Barnes.

They kind of have to make the decision now about Barnes. If he's not in their plans past this year...they need to move him and their first rounder for something as soon as possible.

Bosnian Sajo
06-24-2015, 02:35 PM
Who fills in for Barnes? Not a good idea, unless David Lee truly does warrant a top 10 pick.

SwishSquared
06-24-2015, 02:45 PM
They have to move Barnes to make this work, and even at that, they have nearly $50M in additional luxury taxes to pay if they keep Lee.

They basically would have to get Philly involved imo if they still want to dump Lee. 76ers keep help facilitate a trade or two that lands them the right pick to select whom they want, assuming Philly lands the right package themselves.

Heavincent
06-24-2015, 02:46 PM
Barnes has actually turned into a really solid player. They should keep him.

DMAVS41
06-24-2015, 03:23 PM
Barnes has actually turned into a really solid player. They should keep him.

I agree they should, but the question is...do they want to pay for him.

He's going to demand a lot...and that might be space they need when Bogut/Iggy are up after 2017.

UK2K
06-24-2015, 03:28 PM

Notice he saw the play developing and sprinted from the 3pt line to block the shot before the guy even had time to gather and shoot it.

That's why he's going to be special.

Rooster
06-24-2015, 04:22 PM
What if they've decided to just take the hit though?

They could have decided that they won't be able to make Barnes work within the cap going forward and that it's best for them to turn Barnes and the 30th into a player now....and having Lee on the roster only helps ease losing a quality player like Barnes.

They kind of have to make the decision now about Barnes. If he's not in their plans past this year...they need to move him and their first rounder for something as soon as possible.

Nah they wont take the hit. Luxury tax is too hefty. They have to find a way to dump him. I can see the same way when the Mavs avoided it after they won a ring and Lakers did not pick up Horry's option to do the same. Paying luxury taxes is guaranteed but championship is not. Business first as usual.

Bobcats2013
06-24-2015, 04:23 PM
Bogut, Lee, Barnes, a 1st for Noel and the 3rd pick. :bowdown:

make it happen god myers

Ca$H
06-24-2015, 04:27 PM

Iggy Draygod and WCS frontcourt defense. :eek:

SwishSquared
06-24-2015, 04:30 PM

make it happen god myers:roll:

NugzFan
06-24-2015, 04:35 PM
I look forward to seeing the trade rumors where GS ends up high enough to select wcs.

PejaNowitzki
06-24-2015, 04:38 PM

make it happen god myers

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Warriors gonna trade the guy they benched, the guy they can't give away and the guy they don't want to pay along with the last pick in the 1st round all for a super talented, young up and coming player and the 3rd pick in the draft huh. I guess we know where some of the Lakers bandwagoners have disappeared to.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-24-2015, 04:38 PM
I bet GS wishes they could re-do last season and tank for WCS instead. idiots.

DMAVS41
06-24-2015, 04:46 PM
Nah they wont take the hit. Luxury tax is too hefty. They have to find a way to dump him. I can see the same way when the Mavs avoided it after they won a ring and Lakers did not pick up Horry's option to do the same. Paying luxury taxes is guaranteed but championship is not. Business first as usual.

Most likely they will, but I think it depends on what they have to give up and how it impacts their ability to make a move.

I'm only saying this because of this thread. If the Warriors are really trying to move up in the draft. I don't see how they can do that and shed Lee.

Well, I guess they could have found a team that wants Lee, Barnes, and the 30th pick....

Maybe some team wants to dump a player on a multi year deal the Warriors want. Then this could all work.

Player and draft pick for Lee, Barnes, and 30th. That could work...could save Warriors money in the process as well both short term and long term.

Ca$H
06-24-2015, 04:47 PM
Dump Lee and 30th pick to a team with cap space.

Trade Bogut, Barnes, and Ezeli to the knicks for the 4th pick. Draft WCS.

Sign Marc Gasol with the max cap room gained from salary dumping Bogut, Barnes, Ezeli, and Lee.

Sign Afflalo for the MLE.

Re-sign Green using bird rights.

Curry/Livingston
Afflalo/Barbosa
Klay/Iggy
Green/Speights
Gasol/WCS

:oldlol:

Rooster
06-24-2015, 04:54 PM
Most likely they will, but I think it depends on what they have to give up and how it impacts their ability to make a move.

I'm only saying this because of this thread. If the Warriors are really trying to move up in the draft. I don't see how they can do that and shed Lee.

Well, I guess they could have found a team that wants Lee, Barnes, and the 30th pick....

Maybe some team wants to dump a player on a multi year deal the Warriors want. Then this could all work.

Player and draft pick for Lee, Barnes, and 30th. That could work...could save Warriors money in the process as well both short term and long term.

I'm pretty sure if the Lakers get struck out in the free agency again, they will take Lee salary as long as Barnes is included on the package. They will probably ask for that first round pick if they know the Warriors are that desperate but will settle for Barnes. But this is Lakers last resort too just like with Lin last year.

fatboy11
06-24-2015, 04:56 PM
Why wouldn't the Sixers want to take on David Lee and a future 1st for nothing? Helps them reach the salary floor and they can play Lee minutes to increase his value at the trade deadline (or sooner) and flip him for more assets. Seems like their wheel house to me.

And if they didn't want to actually play him, they could waive him and it still helps them reach the salary floor and not take minutes from younger players. This is a freebie for them, IMO.

As for GS moving up in the 1st rounder, I'm not sure Barnes is someone to give up to do that. With the cap increasing, they could sign him to an extension this offseason that could turn out reasonable. I wouldn't even necessarily move Bogut. I think the Draymond Green adjustment in the Finals is being overplayed. Don't think that's sustainable over an 82-game season plus playoffs. Bogut's a valuable defender with size (which actually still does have value, contrary to the narrative). I just don't see them really have the assets to move up. Most of the guys on the roster they should want back. Speights is probably the only guy with any value that they might want to move along with that 30th pick. Not sure how high that gets them, though. I say sit back and take the best guy who fell.

warriorfan
06-24-2015, 04:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HC6PKv63OU

NugzFan
06-24-2015, 04:58 PM
Dump Lee and 30th pick to a team with cap space.

Trade Bogut, Barnes, and Ezeli to the knicks for the 4th pick. Draft WCS.

Sign Marc Gasol with the max cap room gained from salary dumping Bogut, Barnes, Ezeli, and Lee.

Sign Afflalo for the MLE.

Re-sign Green using bird rights.

Curry/Livingston
Afflalo/Barbosa
Klay/Iggy
Green/Speights
Gasol/WCS

:oldlol:

:facepalm

DMAVS41
06-24-2015, 04:59 PM
I'm pretty sure if the Lakers get struck out in the free agency again, they will take Lee salary as long as Barnes is included on the package. They will probably ask for that first round pick if they know the Warriors are that desperate but will settle for Barnes. But this is Lakers last resort too just like with Lin last year.

See...this is what I was saying.

I don't think the Warriors are doing something like that.

Barnes plus a first rounder should get you something of real value. There is no way the Warriors are giving up a first rounder and Barnes just to shed Lee.

They'd definitely pay the tax before that.

They'd give up the pick and Lee to not pay the tax, but no way in hell do they give up Barnes.

And my point was that if the Warriors are really trying to move up in the draft...they can only do that with Barnes/first rounder...so that makes me think they either have made peace with keeping Lee this year or there is a larger deal in play....or the report is BS and they aren't moving up.

Ca$H
06-24-2015, 05:03 PM
:facepalm

Imagine if the knicks sign Love.

Calderon
Barnes
Melo
Love
Bogut/Ezeli

Top 4 seed in the East.

Inferno
06-24-2015, 05:05 PM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it

dubeta
06-24-2015, 05:08 PM

Nah, but every Pg they faced was

Ca$H
06-24-2015, 05:09 PM

Curry/Livingston
Afflalo/Barbosa
Klay/Iggy
Green/Speights
Gasol/WCS

fatboy11
06-24-2015, 05:09 PM
See...this is what I was saying.

I don't think the Warriors are doing something like that.

Barnes plus a first rounder should get you something of real value. There is no way the Warriors are giving up a first rounder and Barnes just to shed Lee.

They'd definitely pay the tax before that.

They'd give up the pick and Lee to not pay the tax, but no way in hell do they give up Barnes.

And my point was that if the Warriors are really trying to move up in the draft...they can only do that with Barnes/first rounder...so that makes me think they either have made peace with keeping Lee this year or there is a larger deal in play....or the report is BS and they aren't moving up.

I would tend to think that the report is BS myself. High up in the draft does Barnes and the 30th get them? Lottery? Harrison Barnes was a lottery pick and has actually turned out pretty good even for a lottery pick when you consider how often a lottery pick actually turns out to be a good player. I say bird in the hand here. Pick Barnes, keep the pick unless you can get into the top 8 or so.

Ca$H
06-24-2015, 05:10 PM
I would tend to think that the report is BS myself. High up in the draft does Barnes and the 30th get them? Lottery? Harrison Barnes was a lottery pick and has actually turned out pretty good even for a lottery pick when you consider how often a lottery pick actually turns out to be a good player. I say bird in the hand here. Pick Barnes, keep the pick unless you can get into the top 8 or so.

They are really high on WCS.

fatboy11
06-24-2015, 05:11 PM

I agree. They'll be able to attract some decent additions with whatever exceptions they'll have available, but other than that, role with the guys that won it for you. Green, Curry, Thompson and Barnes are all also still young to keep improving as well. Keep that core together and see what happens.

fatboy11
06-24-2015, 05:14 PM
They are really high on WCS.

Interesting. I can see that as a good enough reason to move Bogut. Does Bogut + 30 get them high enough for WCS? I'm not sure it does, but it could. Also, would they value WCS enough to move Barnes?

Ca$H
06-24-2015, 05:22 PM
Interesting. I can see that as a good enough reason to move Bogut. Does Bogut + 30 get them high enough for WCS? I'm not sure it does, but it could. Also, would they value WCS enough to move Barnes?

I think they might. Klay Thompson's dad said they want to make a serious run at Durant next offseason.

Perhaps

Durant, Curry, Klay, Green, and WCS is their pipe dream long term core.

fatboy11
06-24-2015, 05:26 PM
I think they might. Klay Thompson's dad said they want to make a serious run at Durant next offseason.

Perhaps

Durant, Curry, Klay, Green, and WCS is their pipe dream long term core.

Jesus Christ.

Hey, dream BIG, I guess.

That team should never not win it all.

Ca$H
06-24-2015, 05:28 PM
Jesus Christ.

Hey, dream BIG, I guess.

That team should never not win it all.

Yeah that would be unfair for the rest of the NBA.

Nash
06-24-2015, 05:36 PM
UP?

chips93
06-24-2015, 06:00 PM
Also WCS fits in perfectly with the Warriors. I noticed how they took out Bogut in order to run a fast paced game and WCS is a fast paced type of player.

i think they took bogut out so they could get more shooting in the game, not just because he's slow, so i dont think WCS fits that need

id rather just hang onto the same group that they have now, and deal with the cap situation later

WCS is nice, hes far more athletic than bogut, but is he gonna be a better defender right away? i doubt it, plus bogut's passing really helps GSW's offense, and thats not something WCS can do