PDA

View Full Version : Jahlil Okafor Is A Swagger Jacker

DirkLegend41
06-24-2015, 04:42 PM
He plays exactly like Tim Duncan and Hakeem. He stole all their moves. Such a swagger jacker. He'll be a bust in the NBA.

Alamо
06-24-2015, 07:46 PM
He lacks their defensive awareness, mobility, and drive. Al Jefferson 2.0

zoom17
06-24-2015, 07:49 PM
He lacks their defensive awareness, mobility, and drive. Al Jefferson 2.0

That's not a bad thing :confusedshrug:

ISHGoat
06-24-2015, 07:52 PM

not exactly a good thing either. if you knew that with the #2 overall pick youd be getting a guy that is basically a 20/10 machine but a welcome mat on defense, would you be happy with that outcome?

gts
06-24-2015, 08:20 PM
ISH trolls so pissed off Lakers are going to end up with Okafor if they want him :lol

buddha
06-24-2015, 08:21 PM
not exactly a good thing either. if you knew that with the #2 overall pick youd be getting a guy that is basically a 20/10 machine but a welcome mat on defense, would you be happy with that outcome?

depends, do I have an elite defensive team around him with good 3 point shooters?

T_L_P
06-24-2015, 08:30 PM

This. Al Jefferson is the definition of a loser (and I like the guy).

Same with Brook Lopez. They just don't win games.

Post players who can't pass or play D are essentially worthless, despite their pretty stats.

Okafor won't bust, but he's not gonna be a star, imo.

Fallen Angel
06-24-2015, 08:33 PM
He plays exactly like Hakeem
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif

Rocketswin2013
06-24-2015, 08:34 PM
Guy looks like the Carmelo Anthony of this draft. Already NBA sized with a really polished(for his age) scoring ability, limited as an overall athlete, winner of the tourney. Defensive impact of a chair. Should be an all-star, won't have the impact of the guys he's compared to.

buddha
06-24-2015, 08:35 PM
This. Al Jefferson is the definition of a loser (and I like the guy).

Same with Brook Lopez. They just don't win games.

Post players who can't pass or play D are essentially worthless, despite their pretty stats.

Okafor won't bust, but he's not gonna be a star, imo.

lol

****ing idiots I swear

so post players who can't play offense but play D are worth something? how's Joakim Noah been doing in the playoffs? how about DeAndre Jordan? didn't Andrew Bogut get benched in the finals?

T_L_P
06-24-2015, 08:45 PM
lol

****ing idiots I swear

so post players who can't play offense but play D are worth something? how's Joakim Noah been doing in the playoffs? how about DeAndre Jordan? didn't Andrew Bogut get benched in the finals?

None of those guys are stars though. Bogut was incredible this Regular Season based on impact, but he didn't really do much in the Playoffs.

DeAndre? Chris Paul provides almost all of his offense and he's not even a top 10 defensive big man.

Okafor reaching DJ-level impact would be a disappointment, you know.

DFish24
06-24-2015, 08:45 PM
Cause modeling your game after two of the best bigs to ever play is a bad thing?:rolleyes: I don't think that Okafor will become a superstar. A multiple time all-star, perennial 20/10 big and solid 2nd option on a championship team? Yes. I expect him to become more of a Pau Gasol level player than a Duncan/Hakeem level player which isn't a bad thing.

christian1923
06-24-2015, 08:46 PM
People act like a guy can't learn defense after turning 19 years old.

Alamо
06-24-2015, 08:51 PM

It's definitely not a bad thing, BUT he'd be consensus #1 pick if these comparisons were accurate. Duncan and Hakeem are two of the greatest two way bigs of all time. I'd bet on embiid way before Okafor tbh

Alamо
06-24-2015, 08:55 PM

We'd see KP turn into Dirk/Pau before we see Okafor turn into Duncan/Hakeem imo

Fudge
06-24-2015, 08:56 PM
ISH trolls so pissed off Lakers are going to end up with Okafor if they want him :lol
inb4 LAL drafts Porzingis :lol

zoom17
06-24-2015, 08:57 PM
It's definitely not a bad thing, BUT he'd be consensus #1 pick if these comparisons were accurate. Duncan and Hakeem are two of the greatest two way bigs of all time. I'd bet on embiid way before Okafor tbh

Hey the Hakeem and Duncan comparisons are ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd9OW4sAlIE

Bimbo Coles
06-25-2015, 12:11 AM
He's the perfect pick for the T'Wolves. They acquired KG for this very reason (impart a bit of grit to a kid). His touches in the low post should have him ahead of Towns. How are they going to use Towns with Pek? Terrible spacing (I'm not sold on Towns' offense). Okafor, if given a team around his game, will be a success (Kings should get on this). Towns might be a bust.

FireDavidKahn
06-25-2015, 01:21 AM
Big Al without a jumpshot. Not a difference maker at all with his horrendous defense.

FireDavidKahn
06-25-2015, 01:24 AM
It isn't a matter of learning "defense". He is incredibly lazy on defense. Fixing someones motor is next to impossible when they have gone their whole life doing what they have been doing.

FireDavidKahn
06-25-2015, 01:25 AM
He's the perfect pick for the T'Wolves. They acquired KG for this very reason (impart a bit of grit to a kid). His touches in the low post should have him ahead of Towns. How are they going to use Towns with Pek? Terrible spacing (I'm not sold on Towns' offense). Okafor, if given a team around his game, will be a success (Kings should get on this). Towns might be a bust.
Pek isn't even in the discussion for how we are making roster moves.:roll:

Towns can fit into any offense

DirkLegend41
06-25-2015, 01:59 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif
You never watched him play since u disagree.

Bimbo Coles
06-25-2015, 02:06 AM
Pek isn't even in the discussion for how we are making roster moves.:roll:

Towns can fit into any offense

That's the problem. He is eating away enough of your cap space to warrant consideration, and he's a pretty good player when healthy. On his day, the guy is unstoppable.

Towns can fit into any offense because he doesn't have much. He won't be fighting for the rock. The guy's strength is obviously his defense.