PDA

View Full Version : Suns, 76ers and Kings trade scenario from SB Nation.

PejaNowitzki
06-24-2015, 04:57 PM
Figured this might be interesting to discuss as the trade seems to benefit everyone to a degree.

http://www.sonicsrising.com/2015/6/22/8747661/sb-nation-mock-draft-suns-sixers-kings-trade

Suns trade-Eric Bledsoe, Reggie Bullock and Pick #13

76ers trade-Pick #3

Kings trade-Pick #6, Darren Collison and Jason Thompson.

Suns receive-Pick #3, Darren Collison and Jason Thompson.

76ers receive-Pick #6 and Pick #13.

Kings receive-Eric Bledsoe

The underlying assumption is that the Suns would pick up a potential franchise player in Russell and maintain their 2 PG system of sorts while the Kings would add a young PG and also a player that Cousins is familiar with and has played with in the past. Hinkie would get two more prime draft picks as well as Bullock to keep building the 76ers roster with.

I think the Suns might need to throw in a player or another pick to Sacramento to balance things out a little further but otherwise it seems like one of the better proposals that I've seen.

outbreak
06-24-2015, 04:58 PM
Kings say no

Cocaine80s
06-24-2015, 04:59 PM
Please god no

Russell needs to be the only pg on the floor, **** that retarded Suns system

Fallen Angel
06-24-2015, 05:00 PM
Why did you order it like that? It looks cluttered and unorganized.

Suns send: Eric Bledsoe, Reggie Bullock and #13
Suns get: #3, Darren Collison and Jason Thompson

76ers send: #3
76ers get: #6 and #13

Kings send: #6, Darren Collison and Jason Thompson
Kings get: Eric Bledsoe

Dr Seuss
06-24-2015, 05:01 PM
why would philly want to drop so far down in the draft?

Fallen Angel
06-24-2015, 05:01 PM
That's bad for the Kings

PejaNowitzki
06-24-2015, 05:03 PM
Kings say no

I think Bledsoe would be a big upgrade over Collison at PG, a two way player with terrific athleticism that would fit into Karl's breakneck offense. The bigger bonus is that you bring in someone that Cousins is very familiar with, now you have your franchise player and another major young building block.

Thompson is more or less a throw in to make salaries match.

outbreak
06-24-2015, 05:04 PM
That part could be true there was a rumor they wanted to move back if they think porzingis would still be available. I don't think he will be there at 6 though

chocolatethunder
06-24-2015, 05:06 PM
Sixers say no way to that.

PejaNowitzki
06-24-2015, 05:06 PM
That's bad for the Kings

What is their alternative, wait 2-3 seasons for a rookie to develop, at which point Cousins is out the door already?

Even if you somehow take Collison out of the deal, I think it still makes sense for both teams.

PejaNowitzki
06-24-2015, 05:08 PM
That part could be true there was a rumor they wanted to move back if they think porzingis would still be available. I don't think he will be there at 6 though

I don't think he gets past Orlando at #5.

But if Philly can trade back, get Mudiay at #6 and add someone like Oubre or Kaminsky at #13, it could be well worth it for them.

Fallen Angel
06-24-2015, 05:17 PM
What is their alternative, wait 2-3 seasons for a rookie to develop, at which point Cousins is out the door already?

Even if you somehow take Collison out of the deal, I think it still makes sense for both teams.
Cousins is almost out the door already. You're giving up a very serviceable PG, who just had a career year, and your lottery pick in a very deep draft for a max player PG who's already maxed his potential.

Is Bledsoe really gonna take this team further than Isiah Thomas or Darren Collison did (which by the way was the lottery). The problem with Sacramento isn't the supporting cast, it's the big, blubbering, mentally-ill'd, idiot of a franchise player they have that has gotten multiple coaches fired and PGs traded.

Trade Cousins and call it a successful offseason.

midatlantic09
06-24-2015, 05:19 PM
LOL, c'mon...Hinkie has an MBA from Stanford and was valedictorian at the University of Oklahoma, he's no slouch. That said, no way would Hinkie accept such a lousy trade.

I could see trading #3 for something like #5 and #8, but not #6 and #13. Who would they pick up at #13...Trey Lyles?? LOL c'mon.

PejaNowitzki
06-24-2015, 05:22 PM
Cousins is almost out the door already. You're giving up a very serviceable PG, who just had a career year, and your lottery pick in a very deep draft for a max player PG who's already maxed his potential.

Is Bledsoe really gonna take this team further than Isiah Thomas or Darren Collison did (which by the way was the lottery). The problem with Sacramento isn't the supporting cast, it's the big, blubbering, mentally-ill'd, idiot of a franchise player they have that has gotten multiple coaches fired and PGs traded.

Trade Cousins and call it a successful offseason.

Only if you believe that Bledsoe has maxed his potential or that the Kings have any real intention of trading the best player they've had in a decade+

I disagree on both counts, I think Bledsoe just came off his best year and at 25, with as few minutes as he's played, I think he's set to improve further and would be a good fit in Karl's offense, I also think a guy like that could help to try and calm down Cousin's bi-polar self.

SwishSquared
06-24-2015, 05:58 PM
This trade only seems to benefit the Suns. Philly def says no and how much better do the Kings get here? They'd still miss the playoffs in all likelihood with 4 guaranteed years of Bledsoe, who's had 2+ knee surgeries, making close to max dollars.

Collison only has 1 fully-guaranteed year left on his deal. I'd rather have more flexibility going forward and the high lottery pick. #6 + two decent (overpriced) vets can net you more than Bledsoe imo.

HurricaneKid
06-24-2015, 05:58 PM

If they want Justice or Cauley Stein (IDK) why not add #13 and still get the guy you wanted.

midatlantic09
06-24-2015, 06:00 PM
If they want Justice or Cauley Stein (IDK) why not add #13 and still get the guy you wanted.

Hint: they don't.

HurricaneKid
06-24-2015, 06:04 PM

They don't appear to want Mudiay or Russell. Mocks have Porzingis going there. So why not take Justice and Kaminski?

PejaNowitzki
06-24-2015, 06:07 PM

The reality is that nobody knows what Hinkie is thinking other than Hinkie. He does love collecting draft picks, we know that much. Moving down 3 spots and drafting a guy that he possibly wanted all along while adding yet another lottery pick certainly could appeal to him, especially if the rumors that Philly has been trying to acquire a second 1st rounder this year have any truth to them.

http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2015/06/2015_nba_draft_justise_winslow_mario_hezonja_among .html

If there are two things Sixers general manager Sam Hinkie loves, it's maximizing an asset and collecting future draft picks.

On Thursday night, during the 2015 NBA Draft, Hinkie could accomplish both.

Trading down likely wouldn't be the popular decision, especially if Ohio State point guard D'Angelo Russell is still on the board, but it is a move that shouldn't be counted out.

While nobody outside of Hinkie knows what the team's draft board really looks like, the general feeling heading into Thursday night is that teams can get the same caliber of player from No. 4 to right around No. 8.