06-25-2015, 01:54 AM
C- D.Cousins
PF - L.Aldridge
SF- M.Barnes
SG- K.Bryant
PG- J.Clarkson

Wow.

Sounds good to me!

Favorites to win it all for the next 3 years. Mitch=GOAT human if he makes this happen.

GO LAKERS!

Kvnzhangyay
06-25-2015, 01:55 AM
Meh for spacing

JerrySeinfeld
06-25-2015, 01:55 AM
And then once Kobe retires Durant just slides into his place. Damn.

Not a bad gig being a Lakers fan.

iTare
06-25-2015, 01:56 AM
OKC would destroy that team .

TheCorporation
06-25-2015, 01:57 AM
Remember...

Howard
Gasol
Artest
Bryant
Nash

Was a 1st round exit

DirkLegend41
06-25-2015, 01:58 AM
Remember...

Howard
Gasol
Artest
Bryant
Nash

Was a 1st round exit
Dwight killed their chemistry. Kobe, Nash, Pau, Artest hated playing with Dwight.

Jameerthefear
06-25-2015, 02:00 AM
It ain't happenin

iTare
06-25-2015, 02:00 AM
Remember...

Howard
Gasol
Artest
Bryant
Nash

Was a 1st round exit
To be fair Kobe was injured. Not like his presence would have made a big difference but still. Lets be fair here.

ClipperRevival
06-25-2015, 02:02 AM
C- D.Cousins
PF - L.Aldridge
SF- M.Barnes
SG- K.Bryant
PG- J.Clarkson

Wow.

Sounds good to me!

Favorites to win it all for the next 3 years. Mitch=GOAT human if he makes this happen.

GO LAKERS!

Not enough athleticism on the wings. Barnes is 35 and Kobe is 37. This team might squeeze into the 7th or 8th spot because of their bigs but in today's game, you need athletic, wing defenders.

ClipperRevival
06-25-2015, 02:05 AM
Dwight killed their chemistry. Kobe, Nash, Pau, Artest hated playing with Dwight.

Dwight didn't kill nothing. That team was just too old. When you have Kobe, Nash and Artest at the 1-3 defenders, it's not hard to see why they weren't a great team. Despite his injuries, Dwight was still our best player that year outside of Kobe.

Fallen Angel
06-25-2015, 02:15 AM
Why would Aldridge want to play with an aging arrogant Kobe Bryant, an emotionally unstable Demarcus Cousins, and a bad coach.

He has all three Texas teams who all made the playoffs this season eyeing him.

Rose'sACL
06-25-2015, 02:23 AM
i don't think Aldridge+cousins is a good pairing. Even if it can work, i am more than sure that Aldridge will not sign with the lakers if they already have cousins.

brandonislegend
06-25-2015, 02:24 AM
i don't think Aldridge+cousins is a good pairing. Even if it can work, i am more than sure that Aldridge will not sign with the lakers if they already have cousins.

Cousins beasting down low and Aldridge ready for the mid range...how would that not be a good pairing....

bluechox2
06-25-2015, 02:29 AM
To be fair Kobe was injured. Not like his presence would have made a big difference but still. Lets be fair here.
kobe played 78 games averaging team high 27 a game in the regular season (with howard nash gasol and artest) and barely made the playoffs only to get injured soon after. imsure chemistry issues started and ending with kobe. howard quit on that team long ago and couldnt bother playing a playoffs free of kobe

Levity
06-25-2015, 02:34 AM
i don't think Aldridge+cousins is a good pairing.

please explain.

their games compliment each other perfectly. Offensively, theyre two of the best scorers at their positions in the league and both are willing passers. Defensively, theyre average with potential.

bluechox2
06-25-2015, 02:35 AM
please explain.

their games compliment each other perfectly. Offensively, theyre two of the best scorers at their positions in the league and both are willing passers. Defensively, theyre average with potential.
which one will start whining first for not enough touches while seeing kobe light it up in the shot attempts column...dont forget, its his last year in the league, so he says, so hes got a couple records to catch

Walker
06-25-2015, 04:37 AM
In the interest of reality..

If Aldridge leaves Portland it'll be for Texas..

If you think for a second the Kings will deal with LA without Clarkson being involved in the deal you're delusional..

Spurs m8
06-25-2015, 04:40 AM
**** you Laker fans are annoying.

Imagine every teams fans went around starting what if threads like you lakers morons do.

jeez

Prime_Shaq
06-25-2015, 04:44 AM
Barnes suck

Genaro
06-25-2015, 04:49 AM
Cousins won't be traded. Even less for a division rival.
LMA is hard to get, he got a lot of good options but I rather have him than Love.

Bosnian Sajo
06-25-2015, 04:50 AM
Remember...

Howard
Gasol
Artest
Bryant
Nash

Was a 1st round exit

Bryant and Nash didn't even play in the playoffs, while Howard and Gasol were both playing injured (remember Dwight's back? Was still bothering him 1st season in Hou...), don't act like that was who was on the court. I don't think we ever even had that lineup in a game except for preseason, due to all the injuries.

warriorfan
06-25-2015, 05:12 AM
Cousins won't be traded. Even less for a division rival.
LMA is hard to get, he got a lot of good options but I rather have him than Love.

Tru, not saying much but LMA does > Love

Rose'sACL
06-25-2015, 05:23 AM
please explain.

i meant that cousins will most likely want more touches. i think Aldridge wouldn't like that.

CarlosBoozer
06-25-2015, 07:08 AM
How does LA get Boogie? LA will definitely go for a Texas team

Fallen Angel
06-25-2015, 07:13 AM
How does LA get Boogie? LA will definitely go for a Texas team
LA trades #2 and whatever asset they have, probably Julius Randle.

That #2 Pick would be a great asset to rebuilding the franchise. D'Angelo Russell should be the the pick for Sacramento if that were happen.

and I don't think LA would go to LA if or if not Demarcus Cousins is there. That franchise isn't gonna rebuild through any All-Star Free Agent on the market, they need a MVP Free Agent.

BigTicket
06-25-2015, 07:15 AM
That team would be nice, but it would not be favored to win anything, let alone three straight years.

triangleoffense
06-25-2015, 07:22 AM
Link on where LA is even remotely interested in playing for LA?

CarlosBoozer
06-25-2015, 07:24 AM
LA trades #2 and whatever asset they have, probably Julius Randle.

That #2 Pick would be a great asset to rebuilding the franchise. D'Angelo Russell should be the the pick for Sacramento if that were happen.

and I don't think LA would go to LA if or if not Demarcus Cousins is there. That franchise isn't gonna rebuild through any All-Star Free Agent on the market, they need a MVP Free Agent.
Even if Cousins went to LA, why would LA want to go there? There are way more better options...

Fallen Angel
06-25-2015, 07:30 AM
He wouldn't.

That's why I said if Demarcus Cousins is there or if not there then Lamarcus Aldridge wouldn't go to Los Angeles. He has three Texas teams that all made the playoffs this season that are all eyeing him. Makes no sense to go to Los Angeles.

Da Hammer
06-25-2015, 07:48 AM
C- D.Cousins
PF - L.Aldridge
SF- M.Barnes
SG- K.Bryant
PG- J.Clarkson

Wow.

Sounds good to me!

GO LAKERS!
Why would you want Barnes? Dude was a scrub in the high tempo offense of the Clipps playing with Chris Paul. And he can no longer defend. They would need a solid defensive player to play perimeter SG's. Kobe can't guard them. Maybe someone like Danny Green? Solid defender, great 3 point shooter, and he's a free agent.

UK2K
06-25-2015, 08:42 AM
Cousins beasting down low and Aldridge ready for the mid range...how would that not be a good pairing....

When Aldridge shoots his mid range J, it would be 1 on 1 rebounding on the offensive glass for Cousins down low.

He'd feast.

Ca$H
06-25-2015, 09:05 AM
Imagine if Kobe was in his prime. The Lakers would be the favorites for the title in that scenario.

PP34Deuce
06-25-2015, 09:50 AM
Offensively, the inside out game will be masterful. Kobe kind of becomes option 2A because you have 2 bigs that can easily score 25 PPG on any night and explode for 40 on occasion.

You need one consistent 3 and D player to pair preferably who can finish at the rim off ball and shoot at lest 38% from 3.

Clarkson gives you athletiscm at guard.

Defensively, you have issues because neither guy WANTS to be an anchor. They both want to score. It's not like Randolph and Gasol, Cousins and Aldridge are younger and better scorers who prefer to score.

Droid101
06-25-2015, 11:29 AM
kobe played 78 games averaging team high 27 a game in the regular season (with howard nash gasol and artest)
You're not that stupid are you?

You don't remember all the games missed due to injury? Gasol missed a ton, Dwight missed some, Nash missed a ton, Hill missed almost the whole season, same with Blake.

Basically, starters and first guys off the bench missed most of the season. Don't be dumb.

Optimus Prime
06-25-2015, 11:49 AM
I saw the story about LMAs interest in the Lakers this morning. It all makes perfect sense if mitch can pull it off.

Sign LMA to a max deal with the cap space
Trade #2 and Randle for Boogie

I still like the idea of signing Rondo to a mid level one year deal. Clarkson is only in his 2nd year so let him be the first off the bench as he grows.

This would be amazing if it can get done. I'd even be happy with a consolation prize of Love.

Haters shook because the Lakers will always be relevant.

:kobe:

CelticBaller
06-25-2015, 12:06 PM
kings also want clarkson so...

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/613911674970619904