PDA

View Full Version : Kobe vs Shaq- who do you rank higher all time?

DFish24
06-25-2015, 02:21 AM
Who you got? I think it's real close, maybe a slight edge to Kobe tho.

TheCorporation
06-25-2015, 02:25 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1002/rare.photos.of.kobe.bryant/images/kobe-shaq3.jpg

LeFraud James
06-25-2015, 02:26 AM
Kobe by a hair.

Shaq, similar to LeBron, could have been GOAT had they worked on their game/watched their weight instead of stroking their egos.

PsychoBe
06-25-2015, 02:27 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1002/rare.photos.of.kobe.bryant/images/kobe-shaq3.jpg

"kobe is the best player in the world" - shaq circa 2001

Combat Wombat
06-25-2015, 02:28 AM
"kobe is the best player in the world" - shaq circa 2001

Don't bother with the simpleton. He was still sucking on his mothers tits when the Lakers were three-peating.

Fallen Angel
06-25-2015, 02:31 AM
1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. Bill Russell
5. Tim Duncan
6. Magic Johnson
7. Kobe Bryant
8. Oscar Robinson
9. Shaquille O'Neal
10. Hakeem Olajuwon/Lebron James (depends on how career ends)
12. Larry Bird

J Shuttlesworth
06-25-2015, 02:33 AM
1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. Bill Russell
5. Tim Duncan
6. Magic Johnson
7. Kobe Bryant
8. Oscar Robinson
9. Shaquille O'Neal
12. Larry Bird
Hmm... interesting list. Personally, I have Shaq above Duncan.

PsychoBe
06-25-2015, 02:35 AM
1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. Bill Russell
5. Tim Duncan
6. Magic Johnson
7. Kobe Bryant
8. Oscar Robinson
9. Shaquille O'Neal
12. Larry Bird

magic and bird are way too low :facepalm

Fallen Angel
06-25-2015, 02:41 AM
magic and bird are way too low :facepalm
2 green bars? Sorry kiddo? Can't take to lames like you.

Lakers Legend#32
06-25-2015, 02:43 AM
Shaq, he was the guts of those three-peat teams.

PsychoBe
06-25-2015, 02:46 AM
2 green bars? Sorry kiddo? Can't take to lames like you.

no basketball library with information on bird would put him outside of your top 10, or magic below duncan.

jstern
06-25-2015, 02:52 AM
Sometimes I'll see a question like this, and the first like 10 comments or so are of Kobe stans, responding in a non trollish form, picking Kobe.

Either they're friends that communicate through social media, and give each other warnings, asking for support on their troll thread. Or they are all the alt of one person responding to their own threads with all of their alts.

dubeta
06-25-2015, 02:54 AM
Hmmm tough choice (not really), but Shaq

Fallen Angel
06-25-2015, 02:59 AM
Anyway, Lebron James has established himself being the greatest SF in NBA History.

At the same time, I don't think he's eclipsed Hakeem Olajuwon. Hakeem has the two amazing postseason runs, career totals that are unwatched with versatile greatness, and played in the greatest era of centers while beating all of them in the postseason. Lebron hasn't been challenged against and beaten another elite SF in the postseason since Kevin Durant in 2012, probably only Kevin Durant in 2012.

Shaquille's prime is historically great, and with that he adds four rings in six finals trips as well as being near the top of the all-time scoring list.

Magic Johnson is the most dominant PG in NBA History, he (along with Larry Bird) brought an entertainment level that was never before seen in the league at the time. He's near the top of the all-time assist list, as well as rebounds for position, and had 5 rings to his resume.

Oscar Robertson is the greatest triple double machine the league has ever had. He made the All-NBA team 11x spanning from his rookie year to 1971 (and he retired two seasons after that). He won the league MVP, was rookie of the year, and an NBA Champion. Oscar has 77 40-point games to his credit and 18 games with over 19-assists in a single game. He truly is underrated.

TheBigVeto
06-25-2015, 02:59 AM
Shaq easy.

Fallen Angel
06-25-2015, 03:01 AM
I don't even need to explain myself.

All-Time lists are extremely opinionated, everyone thinks their list is right and will cry and pout to death that Poster A's list is wrong.

PsychoBe
06-25-2015, 03:03 AM
I don't even need to explain myself.

All-Time lists are extremely opinionated, everyone thinks their list is right and will cry and pout to death that Poster A's list is wrong.

bird being out of the top 10 is pretty asinine and is almost a slap in the face to everything he accomplished as a basketball player.

it's mj - magic- bird

they are all synonymous with basketball greatness. anyone who thinks otherwise probably needs to do some research on him, that is my point.

dubeta
06-25-2015, 03:05 AM
bird being out of the top 10 is pretty asinine and is almost a slap in the face to everything he accomplished as a basketball player.

it's mj - magic- bird

they are all synonymous with basketball greatness. anyone who thinks otherwise probably needs to do some research on him, that is my point.

Same with Kobe being put in the top 10

Fallen Angel
06-25-2015, 03:08 AM

it's mj - magic- bird

PsychoBe
06-25-2015, 03:09 AM

Fallen Angel
06-25-2015, 03:09 AM
Remember when Dr. J was MJ status before MJ? Me too, and now he's chilling in the 15-20 range.

TheBigVeto
06-25-2015, 03:10 AM
Same with Kobe being put in the top 10

Pretty much this.

Fallen Angel
06-25-2015, 03:11 AM
Remember when Jerry West was the #1 SG all-time?

Until Michael Jordan came and made him #2.

Until Kobe Bryant came and made him #3.

Until Dwyane Wade came and made him #4.

PsychoBe
06-25-2015, 03:13 AM
Remember when Dr. J was MJ status before MJ? Me too, and now he's chilling in the 15-20 range.

poor comparison. dr. j played in two leagues, the aba and the nba. it's hard to review his career in its proper context.

but that has nothing to do with bird being out of the top 10. it's one thing to have an opinion, it's another to have a misinformed one.

edit: west has a case over wade.

Quickening
06-25-2015, 03:16 AM
Shaq and its not that close

Prime_Shaq
06-25-2015, 03:18 AM
1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. Bill Russell
5. Tim Duncan
6. Magic Johnson
7. Kobe Bryant
8. Oscar Robinson
9. Shaquille O'Neal
12. Larry Bird
1. MJ
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Magic
5. Bird
6. Shaq
7. Duncan
8. Wilt
9. LeBron
10. Kobe

Mr. Jabbar
06-25-2015, 03:19 AM
1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Magic Johnson
5. Wilt Chmberlain
6. Bill Russell
7. Tim Duncan
8. Shaquille O'Neal
9. Larry Bird
10. Hakeem Olajuwon
11. Oscar

Fallen Angel
06-25-2015, 03:21 AM
Nobody separates Juilus Erving's ABA Career from his NBA Career in All-Time ranking, it's a simple habit to include the two even if people ask for All-Time greatest NBA players.

And Larry Bird isn't inclined to forever be in the Top 10. Lebron James has surpassed him in the All-Time rankings, Bird is now known to the general public as the 2nd Greatest SF in NBA History, yet at the same time Lebron hasn't eclipsed some of the NBA's Greatest Centers and of course Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, and Oscar Robertson. You can't try to fit Bird in the top 10 if the player who's already eclipsed him isn't head of 10 other players. Nobody is saying Bird's not great or an All-Time great, the All-Time list is just growing with more accomplished players.

You keep taking this as a bash toward Larry Bird, it's not. Welcome to the future, more players will continue to be great.

PsychoBe
06-25-2015, 03:21 AM
jordan
kareem
magic
bird
kobe
russell
wilt
duncan
shaq
hakeem

dubeta
06-25-2015, 03:22 AM
1. Michael Jordan

2. Jerry West

3. George Gervin

4. D-Wade

5. Sam Jones

Best SG's of all-time :bowdown:

TheMilkyBarKid
06-25-2015, 03:23 AM
Shaq all day

PsychoBe
06-25-2015, 03:33 AM
Nobody separates Juilus Erving's ABA Career from his NBA Career in All-Time ranking, it's a simple habit to include the two even if people ask for All-Time greatest NBA players.

And Larry Bird isn't inclined to forever be in the Top 10. Lebron James has surpassed him in the All-Time rankings, Bird is now known to the general public as the 2nd Greatest SF in NBA History, yet at the same time Lebron hasn't eclipsed some of the NBA's Greatest Centers and of course Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, and Oscar Robertson. You can't try to fit Bird in the top 10 if the player who's already eclipsed him isn't head of 10 other players. Nobody is saying Bird's not great or an All-Time great, the All-Time list is just growing with more accomplished players.

You keep taking this as a bash toward Larry Bird, it's not. Welcome to the future, more players will continue to be great.

i was commenting that it's "harder" to look at his career overall in retrospect due to the fact that he was apart of two different leagues.

i'm not sure where this comes from but any credible basketball mind will tell you that bran has most certainly not passed bird up yet.

bird was a legend, a better shooter, better passer, more clutch, better rebounder, never shot 25% outside of 5 feet, and his career numbers are comparable to bran's even with his decline in injuries. once bran's numbers inevitably take a dive as he gets older then his inflated numbers will come back down to earth.

then you have to take in account bran plays in an infinitely weaker conference than bird ever has (imagine larry bird against the "great" gilbert arenas wizards) and you'll realize that overall bird is still superior.

Fallen Angel
06-25-2015, 03:40 AM
>Sees the word "Bran"
>Average idiot main forumer

Opinion ignored.

Cold soul
06-25-2015, 03:58 AM
Kobe but Shaq was the better player.

nzahir
06-25-2015, 04:00 AM
Equal amount of mvps but
3 fmvps>2 fmvps
Shaq's prime is up there or the best of mj, lebron, bird
/thread

PistonsFan#21
06-25-2015, 04:17 AM
1. Michael Jordan

2. Jerry West

3. George Gervin

4. D-Wade

5. Sam Jones

Best SG's of all-time :bowdown:

Damn how did Bran lose twice with a top 4 SG of all time??

Combat Wombat
06-25-2015, 04:53 AM
Shaq and its not that close

:facepalm

It is if you watched the NBA BEFORE Lebron joined up with the rest of the super best friends in 2010, so that rules you out, child.

Stupid team-hopping C#nt.

julizaver
06-25-2015, 05:04 AM
Who you got? I think it's real close, maybe a slight edge to Kobe tho.

Shaq of course. Too much arguments for the last dominant big man. Every NBA coach if start a team would take Shaq over Kobe.

Genaro
06-25-2015, 05:05 AM
I have Duncan, Kobe and Shaq virtually tied and I don't have a problem with those who disagree but I go with Kobe on this one.

warriorfan
06-25-2015, 05:14 AM

Dr J in the 15-20 range?

yeah you don't know shit about bball