PDA

View Full Version : Lakers prefer D'Angelo Russell to Jahlil Okafor with No. 2 pick, per report

Ca$H
06-25-2015, 12:04 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/25/8845577/lakers-prefer-dangelo-russell-to-jahlil-okafor

Doubt LMA signs without Cousins. If he does they would be a fun team to watch.

Russell
Clarkson
Kobe
Randle
LMA

Too bad Kobe is old.

Rocketswin2013
06-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Damn, the Lakers might get a ****ing beast of a player. Russell's upside is fantastic.

BlakFrankWhite
06-25-2015, 12:06 PM
So from being the consensus #1 a few month back...Okafor won't even go top 3.

Damn!

PejaNowitzki
06-25-2015, 12:08 PM

Damn!

You just know Phil Jackson would be all over him like a fat kid on a cupcake if he does fall to #4.

Ca$H
06-25-2015, 12:08 PM

Damn!

The league is changing. Players like Okafor are a thing of the past.

Ca$H
06-25-2015, 12:09 PM
You know Phil Jackson would be all over him like a fat kid on a cupcake if he does fall to #4.

Okafor would be perfect for the triangle. Who would the sixers take though?

PejaNowitzki
06-25-2015, 12:10 PM

I don't agree with that. I think the Warriors have a unique model with unique personnel that other teams won't really be able to replicate. I think there will always be a role for a dominant inside player that can rack up points from the post.

PejaNowitzki
06-25-2015, 12:11 PM
Okafor would be perfect for the triangle. Who would the sixers take though?

Porzingis. Yes, their GM is just nuts enough to do it. :D

oh the horror
06-25-2015, 12:12 PM
Imo they can't go wrong with Russell either

PejaNowitzki
06-25-2015, 12:13 PM
Imo they can't go wrong with Russell either

Russell, Randle, Clarkson, Kobe.........not a bad group.

midatlantic09

No, it's just that high quality Centers are virtually non-existent in the league right now. However, a high quality Center is just as valuable than a high quality guard.

At the end of the day, a dominant player is a dominant player...the position is irrelevant.

BlakFrankWhite
76ers will draft Winslow or Mudiay.

Porzingis is too much off a gamble

SwishSquared
06-25-2015, 12:16 PM
Okafor would be perfect for the triangle. Who would the sixers take though?Take Okafor, get an unprotected first from NYK + #4. Take Kristaps and either trade him to Magic for some package or keep him. Then try to move back into lotto with cap space and all those future picks they have.

They may very well want Russell, but I bet this is a ploy to get Hinkie to cough up LAL's future first or take on Jordan Hill (so Lakers would gain a $9M TPE). That could then help then strengthen their offer to the Kings.

midatlantic09
06-25-2015, 12:16 PM
Btw, I don't believe this report one bit. I think the Lakers are just saying this so that the Sixers throw them some other assets while still getting their guy (Okafor) at #3.

Ca$H
06-25-2015, 12:18 PM
76ers will draft Winslow or Mudiay.

Porzingis is too much off a gamble

Hinkie will probably be pissed. Russell would have been perfect for them. If Embiid's foot is really a concern then maybe they take Okafor? :confusedshrug:

BlakFrankWhite
06-25-2015, 12:19 PM
Btw, I don't believe this report one bit. I think the Lakers are just saying this so that the Sixers throw them some other assets while still getting their guy (Okafor) at #3.

Maybe this.

But then again...76ers aren't desperate to get Russell...they've already got a potential franchise player in Embiid.

Even a good facilitator like Mudiay would do.

PejaNowitzki
06-25-2015, 12:22 PM
Maybe this.

But then again...76ers aren't desperate to get Russell...they've already got a potential franchise player in Embiid.

Even a good facilitator like Mudiay would do.

True but everyone is blowing smoke right now, last year Philly was supposedly going to move up for Wiggins as well. In the end it seems like a lot of posturing and jockeying between teams. If the Lakers are equally sold on Okafor and Russell, then trying to pressure Philly to give up some assets to move up certainly is a good move.

longtime lurker
06-25-2015, 12:24 PM
Lakers are smart here. Everyone talks about their history of superstar big men but we're forgetting their history of superstar guards. West, Magic, Kobe, Russell could be next in line.

KiiiiNG
06-25-2015, 12:26 PM
its a really ****ing tough choice.

cant go wrong with either one.... but i think you go with the big man.

hes by FAR the best offensive player in the draft. and i think he has good potential on D, despite what the idiotic haters say.

Genaro
06-25-2015, 12:29 PM
I'm really sold on Okafor lately as I thought the Lakers would take him for sure but I won't be that mad if they take Russell although it's a riskier pick.

PejaNowitzki
06-25-2015, 12:31 PM
its a really ****ing tough choice.

cant go wrong with either one.... but i think you go with the big man.

hes by FAR the best offensive player in the draft. and i think he has good potential on D, despite what the idiotic haters say.

I think its laughable to say that a 19 year old can't be a good defensive player. He might never be a lockdown, dominant type like a WCS or a Winslow but there's no reason why he can't improve.

BlakFrankWhite
06-25-2015, 12:32 PM
Fact is guys...there isn't a chance in hell 76ers trade with LA...or try to strengthen them in any way.

If Lakers go on to have another crap season...but get a pick outside the top 3....that pick goes to Philly.

Hinkle is a GODSEND for Philly

PejaNowitzki
06-25-2015, 12:33 PM
Fact is guys...there isn't a chance in hell 76ers trade with LA...or try to strengthen them in any way.

If Lakers go on to have another crap season...and get a pick outside the top 3....that pick goes to Philly.

This. That could still be a lottery pick next year but unlikely to be Top 5. Great value for Philly.

ClipperRevival
06-25-2015, 12:39 PM
I don't believe it. I think they will take Okafor. It's too much of a risk. I hope they do but I seriously doubt it.

UK2K
06-25-2015, 12:41 PM
Nah.

If GS tried to run small ball vs Okafor, he'll have 50 points.

Just because GS and Cleveland had no low post scorers doesn't mean they're not useful.

Small ball won't work against a team with a legitimate low post threat.