PDA

View Full Version : WOJ: WCS might slip to late teens

Ca$H
06-25-2015, 02:48 PM
More @WojYahooNBA: Knicks still unsure at 4, want a top 10 guy+vet PG, WCS slipping to late teens, may need surgery this season.

https://mobile.twitter.com/YannisNBA/status/614134229279080449

The Dubs should trade up and redshirt him.

Shade8780
06-25-2015, 03:04 PM
Celtics are at #16. I don't know if that's considered late teens but know way does he fall past there. Larry Bird with the Pacers is very high on WCS also. They're at #11.

IncarceratedBob
06-25-2015, 03:05 PM
I guess the fact that he doesn't really enjoy playing basketball is coming back to bite him. Bynum and Larry Sanders didn't enjoy the game either and we saw how they turned out.

UK2K
06-25-2015, 03:12 PM
good lord I hope he falls to the Rockets.

I bet he doesnt fall past 12 though. If that.

PejaNowitzki
06-25-2015, 03:16 PM
I guess the fact that he doesn't really enjoy playing basketball is coming back to bite him. Bynum and Larry Sanders didn't enjoy the game either and we saw how they turned out.

Its not just that, but the injury issues as well. Reportedly he's expected to miss 4-6 months of the season after he undergoes surgery. With big guys those injuries seem to linger so who its certainly something that teams will keep in mind.

COnDEMnED
06-25-2015, 03:17 PM
His Sickle cell probably doesn't help his case either.

FreezingTsmoove
06-25-2015, 03:18 PM
Same shit happened to Drummond for whatever reason. Andre was supposed to be a top 3 before. Horrible if he falls out top 10. This guy is going to be the best big man in the draft imo when its all said and done

UK2K
06-25-2015, 03:18 PM
Its not just that, but the injury issues as well. Reportedly he's expected to miss 4-6 months of the season after he undergoes surgery. With big guys those injuries seem to linger so who its certainly something that teams will keep in mind.

He just got done playing 40 of 40 games last season, and 94% of his games in the three years at UK....

What surgery are we talking about?

He had surgery last summer and came back to play his way into a lotto pick...

PJR
06-25-2015, 03:27 PM
He won't get past Miami at 10.

outbreak
06-25-2015, 03:27 PM
He just got done playing 40 of 40 games last season, and 94% of his games in the three years at UK....

Doesn't he have foot issues now?

FireDavidKahn
06-25-2015, 03:29 PM
Same shit happened to Drummond for whatever reason. Andre was supposed to be a top 3 before. Horrible if he falls out top 10. This guy is going to be the best big man in the draft imo when its all said and done
Drummond isn't very good.

UK2K
06-25-2015, 03:31 PM
Doesn't he have foot issues now?

He played all 40 games last season. The season before that, he played every game except the last two or three when he got hurt in the NCAA tournament. He had surgery a week later, and was back to playing ball by practice time last season.

I guess if you consider an injury a year old a 'foot issue' but, again, he played 40 of 40 games last year, at a high level, high enough to play his way into the lottery.

Not sure what health issues anyone is talking about. Sounds like a mixture of doo doo and deceit.

PejaNowitzki
06-25-2015, 03:31 PM

From what I have heard, he had a pin inserted from the previous surgery which now requires adjustment, Chad Ford said today on the radio that he could be expected to miss a considerable amount of time if he underwent the procedure again for his ankle to ensure that it heals properly this time around.

Ca$H
06-25-2015, 03:32 PM
Would the Pistons or Hornets take Barnes for their pick straight up?

UK2K
06-25-2015, 03:34 PM
From what I have heard, he had a pin inserted from the previous surgery which now requires adjustment, Chad Ford said today on the radio that he could be expected to miss a considerable amount of time if he underwent the procedure again for his ankle to ensure that it heals properly this time around.

I just googled it.... it said the pin is supposed to be at 90 degrees, and it's at 45 instead. No mention of missed time. Then there was this:

Of course, his agent played down the issue with the foot. Cauley-Stein did come back to Kentucky after the surgery and played a full season not missing a game, being a defensive force for one of the nation’s top teams

Sounds like someone farther down the line wants him.

PejaNowitzki
06-25-2015, 03:36 PM
Would the Pistons or Hornets take Barnes for their pick straight up?

I'm going to go with no.

Ca$H
06-25-2015, 03:49 PM
I'm going to go with no.

Harrison Barnes was a lottery pick. He is 23 years old. He has proven to be a good young starter at worst. He has potential for improvement.

UK2K
06-25-2015, 04:32 PM
Harrison Barnes was a lottery pick. He is 23 years old. He has proven to be a good young starter at worst. He has potential for improvement.

Potential > Known Commodity

Deandre Jordan doesn't play a lick of offense, but he's a game changer on both sides of the ball.

You don't pass up on a WCS who can potentially be a game changer on both sides of the ball for a guy like Harrison Barnes.

Patrick Chewing
06-25-2015, 04:34 PM
Drummond isn't very good.

:facepalm

gts
06-25-2015, 04:39 PM
Most teams are in the lottery because they need offensive weapons not defense so it's no surprise a guy who's known more for defense would slip down...

Fowl
06-25-2015, 04:42 PM
Celtics should pick this guy up. He fits really well next to the other bigs on the team.

SwishSquared
06-25-2015, 05:12 PM
I just googled it.... it said the pin is supposed to be at 90 degrees, and it's at 45 instead. No mention of missed time. Then there was this:

Sounds like someone farther down the line wants him.In that same article I'm pretty sure his agent said that if a team is super cautious then they can clean it up this summer. That would imply a cautious team would elect to view surgery as an option.

I could see how a pin being 45 degrees off in the ankle of a big man might pose some problem down the line. I have no medical knowledge, but I can see why that could scare off somebody misinformed, like me.

I'd risk taking him though. He should be the best defensive rookie and a PnR defensive monster right away.

KiiiiNG
06-25-2015, 05:17 PM
okc will snatch him up at 14 dont worry

PejaNowitzki
06-25-2015, 06:38 PM
okc will snatch him up at 14 dont worry

He's not getting past Phoenix at 13 if they don't trade up.

.@Gambo987's latest: Assuming Willie Cauley-Stein & Stanley Johnson gone, #Suns picking order is: Kaminsky, Booker, Lyles, Turner. #NBADraft

Clyde
06-25-2015, 06:43 PM

Screws in his ankle dont look good.

Invest in the internet

Bimbo Coles
06-25-2015, 06:48 PM
If Magic let him fall beyond 5, there's something wrong.

KiiiiNG
06-25-2015, 06:52 PM
He's not getting past Phoenix at 13 if they don't trade up.
so hes 100% not slipping to late teens, woj can **** off

noob cake
06-25-2015, 06:53 PM
Screws in his ankle dont look good.

Invest in the internet

4 issues with him

Fact: he suffers from sickle cell. Endurance issues. Self claimed chest pain. Has happened in the past: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/12/11/2983379/kentuckys-cauley-stein-adding.html

Fact: defensive player with limited offensive potential, also a tad bit old

Rumor: screw in his foot is not situated correctly. might need surgery to fix.

Rumor: lacks passion for basketball, more passion for football, personality issues

Rocketswin2013
06-25-2015, 06:55 PM
4 issues with him

Fact: he suffers from sickle cell. Endurance issues. Self claimed chest pain. Has happened in the past: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/12/11/2983379/kentuckys-cauley-stein-adding.html

Fact: defensive player with limited offensive potential, also a tad bit old

Rumor: screw in his foot is not situated correctly. might need surgery to fix.

Rumor: lacks passion for basketball, more passion for football, personality issues
Yeah, not as high on him as before.

Westbrook0
06-25-2015, 06:56 PM

Damn, if only the GMs of the top 10 teams in the draft knew what you know! They could change the courses of their franchise forever.

SwishSquared
06-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Potential > Known Commodity

Deandre Jordan doesn't play a lick of offense, but he's a game changer on both sides of the ball.

You don't pass up on a WCS who can potentially be a game changer on both sides of the ball for a guy like Harrison Barnes.He did say Detroit though- I think SVG would take Barnes for #8, especially if he got to trade Brandon Jennings away to open up the cap space he lost in the trade with the Bucks.