PDA

View Full Version : Raptors Trade Vasquez to Milwaukee for a Future 1st and #46 (Draft Norman Powell)

kmart
06-26-2015, 02:13 AM
Masai gets a first round pick and gets cap flexibility. He does it again! Greivis was also a rental for the year as well, making it even more of a steal.

With the 46 pick this year they draft, the Raptors selected Norman Powell. Good defensive player, with a growing offensive game. He is really explosive, check the YouTube video below for more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQUK5GepSNQ

Future first is the Clippers pick, it's also lottery protected from 2017-2019.

Chamberlain
06-26-2015, 12:49 PM
I love Norman Powell. Drafting both him and Wright significantly improves the backcourt defense (remember that days of Calderon?! Yuck). Vasquez was a big part of this team but he was expensive for what he brings and the Raptors not only get two defensive oriented guards, they get an asset for the future.

kmart
06-26-2015, 01:27 PM
Norman Powell seems like very interesting pick in the second round. We will have to wait and see his first game though. He draws comparisons to Tony Allen with a better shot, so that excites me.

Dr.Funk
06-26-2015, 09:58 PM
Liked Greivis but he was too expensive and his defense was a liability.

Jballer
06-29-2015, 10:39 AM
Solid trade again.

Powell seems to be a nice prospect ~ especially with the Mississauga "Commuters" NBDL team coming on board.

I had Rakeem Christmas in my 2nd round list but he ended up with the Cavs at the 36 spot and so wasnt available to the Raps past that. Christmas is a project no doubt but there were pieces of his game that looked good. Plus he was a Syc U alumi and those guys should fit well into Toronto.

I wholeheartedly agree that Vasquez was a great rah rah guy. So be it. He demonstrates flashes of talent that made him valuable in new Orleans and Sac - but on this squad he doesnt fit.

His shot selection is frankly "wild" (admittedly he makes a fair percentage of them) and his d-f is questionable.

Jason Kidd seems to think he has that potential and I am not quick to dismiss Kidd's assessment. Vasquez in the right role in the right team may turn out to be very valuable...

Perhaps the 1st rounder way in the future is merely "cap dump" projected. If that Bucks Management have 2019 targeted to have all the "players" they want - they simply unloaded the pick. I assume with the cap up to $100Million by 2019 (estimated guess-work) even a 25th selection may be a $5million cap hit ?

Not sure of the Bucks management thinking but I wont be quick to "early judge" and declare Masai "fleecing" the Bucks.