PDA

View Full Version : Did the Pistons make the right move by drafting Stanley Johnson over Justice Winslow?

nou1990
06-26-2015, 03:33 PM
which player do you think could have more upside in the upcoming years?

GOBB
06-26-2015, 03:40 PM
which player do you think could have more upside in the upcoming years?

Good question, I like Winslow better because I feel he can create his offense better than Stanley has shown in college. Wished we owned that Miami pick now that Winslow fell. Okafor-Winslow as our first 2 picks? I couldn't care less if they drafted posters from ISH in the 2nd round. :lol

HylianNightmare
06-26-2015, 03:54 PM
35 posts since 2008?

iTare
06-26-2015, 03:57 PM
35 posts since 2008?

nou1990
06-26-2015, 04:11 PM
35 posts since 2008?

i was part of alien abduction since 2008 and i got released day before the nba draft.

RIP CITY
06-26-2015, 04:11 PM
Winslow is better or equal at almost every aspect of the game with better intangibles and is a better athlete. More NBA ready, better shooter, better finisher, better defender, better passer, higher basketball IQ, just as physical, rebounding is a push. Sure some of these are only a slight edge to Winslow but that's my take ability wise. Winslow is also an extremely hard working, tough, hard nosed player with a great work ethic, character and built in leadership qualities on the NCAA Champions. He also showed he isn't afraid of the big moments and played his best in the NCAA Tournament. Based on being further along and a better athlete, I think he has a high ceiling and more potential as well. It was a no-brainer to me.

I'm not saying that Stanley Johnson was a BAD pick, or that I don't think he will end up being a decent player but I think the Pistons will regret passing on Winslow.

chocolatethunder
06-26-2015, 04:53 PM
I prefer Johnson. I think that Winslow has a better chance at being a scorer but I like Johnson more. I'm not sure where Winslow will defend in the NBA. I could be wrong but I like Johnson more.

Carter_17
06-26-2015, 04:55 PM
Passing on Winslow was retarded. If you want a SF why not go with him?
Not sure how Johnson's game will translate in the NBA. His handles seem questionable and even though he got a nice wingspan he is only 6'6. Rebounding is suppose to be his strength but I doubt his rebounds in the NBA will be anything similar to NCAA . Maybe he becomes Iguodala v2.0 and we get to see Jennings-Johnson like A.I-Iggy. But I believe he won't be better than Winslow.
Kaminski would be a nice pick too to pair up with Drummond.

If I were Detroit and didn't want Winslow ( for whichever autistic reason) I would just try to trade the pick to the teams that wanted him for an asset. Maybe even try to trade a package of Pick+Drummond for someone like Cousins.

raprap
06-26-2015, 05:00 PM
I think Johnson has the potential to play some 4 for Detroit. SVG sees some Draymond Green in him. The guy for his height is built like a tank.

Carter_17
06-26-2015, 05:03 PM
I think Johnson has the potential to play some 4 for Detroit. SVG sees some Draymond Green in him. The guy for his height is built like a tank.

You cant play like Warriors when your center is one dimensional

nou1990
06-26-2015, 06:56 PM
If I were Detroit and didn't want Winslow ( for whichever autistic reason) I would just try to trade the pick to the teams that wanted him for an asset. Maybe even try to trade a package of Pick+Drummond for someone like Cousins.

SVG wants the pistons to be contenders next season if he traded the pick away, it would of set them back a year.

hateraid
06-26-2015, 07:02 PM
Give me Johnson. I think he's a much better/more versatile defender at the sf position. He suits hard nose image that is Detroit

PJR
06-26-2015, 07:33 PM
Anyone who thinks Johnson is better than Winslow is kidding themselves. Don't know what the hell you watched. And I like Johnson.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-26-2015, 07:37 PM
I think both (particularly Winslow) are getting a bit overrated on here. There isn't as much separation between the two as some make it out to be and I don't see either being all that good. Nice, solid, role players with some big game potential. Like Jeff Green. That's about it.

FreezingTsmoove
06-26-2015, 09:41 PM
There is a reason Justice dropped so much. He is going to be an average starter role player at best. Stanley Johnson has Kawhi, Jimmt Butler potential. Justice is Ron Artest at best

RightToCensor
06-26-2015, 09:47 PM
Stanley Johnson has NBA SF size.

Winslow will come in like Wesley Matthews, projected as a SF but will be undersized against taller wings.