PDA

View Full Version : Apparently Melo is pissed at the pick.

Vancouver-Grizz
06-26-2015, 05:46 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Melo is paid to play basketball, he should stick to that. Let Jackson do his thing and Melo needs to shut his trap and do his best to elevate this team.

Am I the only Jackson believer around here? Knicks made their first top 5 lottery pick in god knows how long and has ample cap space this coming summer.

A lot of that would not of happened unless Jackson pull those trades off and basically shut down Melo. He could of easily made a few trades and push for a few more wins and make a run in a weak conference but they will face the same consequence every summer with a mid to low pick and no cap room.

Whatever this organization did in the past has not worked so why not put some faith in a guy with a great track record in winning? The Pick may not be popular but there are no sure things with rookies.

Knicks need to relax and let Phil build this team instead of having a knee jerk reaction and pour in the criticism unless it is a quick turnaround.

imdaman99
06-26-2015, 05:47 PM
Agreed. If Melo doesn't like it, he can waive his no trade clause and get traded :pimp:

Fudge
06-26-2015, 05:47 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/26/carmelo-anthony-knicks-draft_n_7673424.html

Here's the link because OP dumb dumb.

bladefd
06-26-2015, 06:09 PM
Maybe Melo should have thought about it last summer when he was too quick to sign the max the Knicks offered him (5yrs, 122mil). Everyone knew the Knicks were rebuilding -- did he really bet his entire future on a draft pick coming in and turning the entire franchise around? C'mon.. There were many teams that wanted him, but he chooses the money.

This is what happens when a player cares more about the money than winning. Enjoy losing Melo.

uber
06-26-2015, 06:12 PM
[I]According to a source, even Carmelo Anthony supported the Porzingis risk and watched the Spanish Leaguer

dazzer87
06-26-2015, 06:12 PM
Melo mad? why, i thought he didnt care about winning......

LeFraud James
06-26-2015, 06:15 PM
Maybe Melo should have thought about it last summer when he was too quick to sign the max the Knicks offered him (5yrs, 122mil). Everyone knew the Knicks were rebuilding -- did he really bet his entire future on a draft pick coming in and turning the entire franchise around? C'mon.. There were many teams that wanted him, but he chooses the money.

This is what happens when a player cares more about the money than winning. Enjoy losing Melo.

Came here to post this.

Funktion
06-26-2015, 07:57 PM
All eyes off Melo

Ca$H
06-26-2015, 08:19 PM
Melo is a fat, ugly slob.

yeaaaman
06-26-2015, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=uber][I]According to a source, even Carmelo Anthony supported the Porzingis risk and watched the Spanish Leaguer

UK2K
06-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Could have used the pick on WCS and picked up a free agent or two and had a decent shot in the east.

I bet NYK would trade Melo if they could, despite what Phil says.

nathanjizzle
06-26-2015, 08:31 PM
melo for joakim noah

HomieWeMajor
06-26-2015, 10:06 PM
Ain't been a good summer Melo.
First his wife getting the pipe from a dark skin brother and now this .

outbreak
06-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Could have used the pick on WCS and picked up a free agent or two and had a decent shot in the east.

I bet NYK would trade Melo if they could, despite what Phil says.
God damn you are a kentucky fanboy through and through aren't you? Wcs over porzingis? You are ****ing crazy :roll:

Harison
06-26-2015, 10:18 PM
Am I the only Jackson believer around here?
Yes, Phil was pretty terrible and it seems he will be jumping ship soon. Knicks were looking for a savior, but got screwed instead :lol

Lebron23
06-26-2015, 10:19 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

STATUTORY
06-26-2015, 10:26 PM

:eek: for real?

Spurs5Rings2014
06-26-2015, 10:30 PM
Yes, Phil was pretty terrible and it seems he will be jumping ship soon. Knicks were looking for a savior, but got screwed instead :lol

P. Jack destroying the Knicks from the inside.

:oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
06-26-2015, 10:31 PM
It was a swing for the fences and I like the mentality behind it. Porzingis is one of those guys who has the potential to be a first of his kind type player. A guy who is 7-2, a real athlete and enters the league equipped with a smooth shooting stroke? You just don't see that.

The pitfalls are obvious. Is he going to get song enough, both physically and mentally to compete with the best athletes in the world? Big question mark. Does he have the work ethic and attitude to reach his ceiling? Valid question. Will a foreign player coming from humble beginnings be able to perform under the hot lights of NYC? Who knows.

But, if he does those things, look out. A lot of Knicks fans seemed distraught at the draft. I'd be very excited. The safe way isn't always the right way, especially for a franchise that is due a little luck.

Carmelo needs to focus on his own game for what it's worth. There is zero reason that a player of his caliber at this stage of his career should be watching the playoffs instead of playing in them, especially in the East. Unacceptable. For him to not support this kid -- his new, teenaged teammate whose head has to be spinning right now -- is a bad look, assuming there is truth to this report.

Michael Jordan is proof that the best players often know jack sh!t about talent evaluation.

DonDadda59
06-26-2015, 10:34 PM

Just wait until Crispus Bazinga informs Melo what brand of cereal his wife tastes like, then all hell will break loose.

Horde of Temujin
06-26-2015, 10:38 PM
Melo hated on Lin also.

The dude is just wack holmes.:coleman:

HomieWeMajor
06-26-2015, 10:44 PM
:eek: for real?
Yes sir
Dude looks like D Wade as well :oldlol:

Just wait until Crispus Bazinga informs Melo what brand of cereal his wife tastes like, then all hell will break loose.
Every guy that guards him is gonna be telling him that his wife's breasts look like a slice of pepperon pizza.

alanLA92
06-26-2015, 11:11 PM
A person who lets his wife affect his decisions shouldn't complain about another person's decision.

Funktion
06-26-2015, 11:12 PM
Melo's just a whiny ass vaj.

DMAVS41
06-26-2015, 11:29 PM
It was a swing for the fences and I like the mentality behind it. Porzingis is one of those guys who has the potential to be a first of his kind type player. A guy who is 7-2, a real athlete and enters the league equipped with a smooth shooting stroke? You just don't see that.

The pitfalls are obvious. Is he going to get song enough, both physically and mentally to compete with the best athletes in the world? Big question mark. Does he have the work ethic and attitude to reach his ceiling? Valid question. Will a foreign player coming from humble beginnings be able to perform under the hot lights of NYC? Who knows.

But, if he does those things, look out. A lot of Knicks fans seemed distraught at the draft. I'd be very excited. The safe way isn't always the right way, especially for a franchise that is due a little luck.

Carmelo needs to focus on his own game for what it's worth. There is zero reason that a player of his caliber at this stage of his career should be watching the playoffs instead of playing in them, especially in the East. Unacceptable. For him to not support this kid -- his new, teenaged teammate whose head has to be spinning right now -- is a bad look, assuming there is truth to this report.

Michael Jordan is proof that the best players often know jack sh!t about talent evaluation.

I think most fans would agree with you here on the pick though.

I think the real issue is rebuilding while Melo is in the midst of his 125 million dollar deal and is an aging player at this point.

It would be like Lebron joining a team with no real chance to win. Just wouldn't make much sense for either party.

Going half in half out is almost always the wrong approach.

What is going to happen when the Knicks need to win, but Porzingas really needs the burn to be ready? Those are the kinds of decisions that can be really frustrating.

One of the biggest reasons Dirk developed like he did was because he got 20 minutes a night (and started a few games) as a rookie...and then started in his 2nd year and played like 33 mpg iirc.

If the Mavs didn't do that with him...he'd never have developed like he did.

Winning and balancing that is a very tough act...I'll be interested to see how they handle it.

RedBlackAttack
06-27-2015, 12:11 AM
I think most fans would agree with you here on the pick though.

I think the real issue is rebuilding while Melo is in the midst of his 125 million dollar deal and is an aging player at this point.

It would be like Lebron joining a team with no real chance to win. Just wouldn't make much sense for either party.

Going half in half out is almost always the wrong approach.

What is going to happen when the Knicks need to win, but Porzingas really needs the burn to be ready? Those are the kinds of decisions that can be really frustrating.

One of the biggest reasons Dirk developed like he did was because he got 20 minutes a night (and started a few games) as a rookie...and then started in his 2nd year and played like 33 mpg iirc.

If the Mavs didn't do that with him...he'd never have developed like he did.

Winning and balancing that is a very tough act...I'll be interested to see how they handle it.
I'd be looking to dump Melo if it were my job. You can't half-rebuild, half-try to win. And, if you are trying to win, you should be assessing where you stand. Are you a legitimate contender, not quite good enough, or a borderline playoff team. That's the worst place to be. You either want to be really good or really bad.

The Knicks are maybe a borderline playoff team. Time to admit the Melo thing didn't work out and rebuild. If you do it the right way, it shouldn't take long especially for a franchise in NYC.

For a decade and a half, they've been trying (and failing) to lure FAs based on the market and the city alone. It obviously is not that important for players in today's era.

Look at the best teams in the league... Golden State, Cleveland and San Antonio. None of those three are exactly "marquee" franchises. When networks showed a few games a week and that was your only access to NBA games, sure, it made sense for players to be drawn in by the age-old market argument.

Now, when every team has every game available? Living in NYC just isn't enough of a lure for these guys and could actually be a deterrent for guys who aren't cut out for that environment.

The Knicks will be relevant when they rebuild through the draft, like everyone else. They took the first step to that end last night. The next step, if I were running the team, would be to get assets for Melo. He understandably wants to win. The Knicks should be tanking.

They have one foot in the frying pan and one foot in the ice bucket. Time to admit the situation and take the plunge with both feet.

Admit your situation. There would be more dignity in it. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRQtjVzj1bo#t=0m56)

MellowYellow
06-27-2015, 12:30 AM
I'd be looking to dump Melo if it were my job. You can't half-rebuild, half-try to win. And, if you are trying to win, you should be assessing where you stand. Are you a legitimate contender, not quite good enough, or a borderline playoff team. That's the worst place to be. You either want to be really good or really bad.

The Knicks are maybe a borderline playoff team. Time to admit the Melo thing didn't work out and rebuild. If you do it the right way, it shouldn't take long especially for a franchise in NYC.

For a decade and a half, they've been trying (and failing) to lure FAs based on the market and the city alone. It obviously is not that important for players in today's era.

Look at the best teams in the league... Golden State, Cleveland and San Antonio. None of those three are exactly "marquee" franchises. When networks showed a few games a week and that was your only access to NBA games, sure, it made sense for players to be drawn in by the age-old market argument.

Now, when every team has every game available? Living in NYC just isn't enough of a lure for these guys and could actually be a deterrent for guys who aren't cut out for that environment.

The Knicks will be relevant when they rebuild through the draft, like everyone else. They took the first step to that end last night. The next step, if I were running the team, would be to get assets for Melo. He understandably wants to win. The Knicks should be tanking.

They have one foot in the frying pan and one foot in the ice bucket. Time to admit the situation and take the plunge with both feet.

Admit your situation. There would be more dignity in it. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRQtjVzj1bo#t=0m56)

wait till free agency is over to asses where they stand.

GimmeThat
06-27-2015, 01:44 AM
you get a prized wide midfielder/winger
and all of a sudden, your goalie's ability just went from relatively average/decent, to what you now consider to be a liability.

aj1987
06-27-2015, 06:00 AM
Yes sir
Dude looks like D Wade as well :oldlol:

Every guy that guards him is gonna be telling him that his wife's breasts look like a slice of pepperon pizza.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Link?

StephHamann
06-27-2015, 06:12 AM

Am I the only Jackson believer around here? Knicks made their first top 5 lottery pick in god knows how long and has ample cap space this coming summer.

http://cdn1.bloguin.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/153/2014/12/porzingis.jpg

Blue&Orange
06-27-2015, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE]Melo re-signed with a losing, aging, capped-out team. What did he expect?

If Jackson made any promises about a miracle turnaround, Melo was foolish for believing them.

The Knicks will have cap space, and it

jzek
06-27-2015, 10:00 AM
Would have been in the Finals this year had he went to the Bulls.

SpecialQue
06-27-2015, 10:34 AM
Melo is the biggest joke in the NBA. He will retire as the biggest failed superstar of all time, especially since he can't use the "injury" excuse for his piss-poor career.

MellowYellow
06-27-2015, 10:38 AM
Melo is the biggest joke in the NBA. He will retire as the biggest failed superstar of all time, especially since he can't use the "injury" excuse for his piss-poor career.
t-mac never made it out of the first round
vinsanity never made a conference finals

poido123
06-27-2015, 10:39 AM
Melo has no clue how talented this guy is or how he will turn out, because if he did he wouldn't be apparently pissed at this pick.

And why does Melo care? Not like his money chasing ass cared much for rings. I don't blame him for taking the best deal out there, but you can't expect fans to take you seriously if you are putting money before a ring.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Melo has no clue how talented this guy is or how he will turn out, because if he did he wouldn't be apparently pissed at this pick.

And why does Melo care? Not like his money chasing ass cared much for rings. I don't blame him for taking the best deal out there, but you can't expect fans to take you seriously if you are putting money before a ring.

Agreed.

Dude put on a big show saying his championship window was closing and that money wasn't a big concern because he's "financially set". He is full of crap. A championship will never be the least bit important to him as much as money is. He really blew it not signing w/ Chicago or any other team that's currently not in rebuilding stage.

FKAri
06-27-2015, 01:07 PM
vinsanity never made a conference finals

That's what the dude said. Both those guys had career altering injuries. Melo has been relatively healthy and has had no excuse.

Optimus Prime
06-27-2015, 01:59 PM
At least he finally admitted that he was just in it for the benjamins.

Can't spell MALCONTENT without MELO. :facepalm

gts
06-27-2015, 02:04 PM
Do we have an actual comment from Melo or are all you guys bashing Melo based on something Stephen A Smith said :lol

Vancouver-Grizz
06-27-2015, 02:05 PM
At least he finally admitted that he was just in it for the benjamins.

Can't spell MALCONTENT without MELO. :facepalm

He seemed pissed when someone suggested he was all in for money.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2508460-carmelo-anthony-responds-to-instagram-comments-says-porzingis-pick-was-a-steal

kunk75
06-27-2015, 03:59 PM
actually he is paid to score well and rebound at a slightly better than league average rate since he can't pass or play defense

Melo is paid to play basketball, he should stick to that. Let Jackson do his thing and Melo needs to shut his trap and do his best to elevate this team.

A lot of that would not of happened unless Jackson pull those trades off and basically shut down Melo. He could of easily made a few trades and push for a few more wins and make a run in a weak conference but they will face the same consequence every summer with a mid to low pick and no cap room.

Whatever this organization did in the past has not worked so why not put some faith in a guy with a great track record in winning? The Pick may not be popular but there are no sure things with rookies.

Knicks need to relax and let Phil build this team instead of having a knee jerk reaction and pour in the criticism unless it is a quick turnaround.

bluechox2
06-27-2015, 04:02 PM
apparently melo was ok with picking prizingis, he was upset over trading ThJr...and the media ran away with the rest

bluechox2
06-27-2015, 04:04 PM
Do we have an actual comment from Melo or are all you guys bashing Melo based on something Stephen A Smith said :lol

this, melo instagramed/tweeted that said prizingis was a steal

and instagramed/tweeted again about being upset over hardaway getting traded

he already knows the plan is to rebuild in free agency

MellowYellow
06-27-2015, 05:06 PM
That's what the dude said. Both those guys had career altering injuries. Melo has been relatively healthy and has had no excuse.
but even when healthy they didnt come through

Blue&Orange
06-27-2015, 05:25 PM
He seemed pissed when someone suggested he was all in for money.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2508460-carmelo-anthony-responds-to-instagram-comments-says-porzingis-pick-was-a-steal

STFU and play ball!

The season hasn't started yet.

i loled

Springsteen
06-27-2015, 06:12 PM

http://hthoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/170357397.jpg

Draz
06-27-2015, 06:12 PM
He needs to sdfu

FireDavidKahn
06-27-2015, 06:24 PM
Melo has been a bitch his entire career. Not only does he constantly whine, his wife has absolute control over him.Who the **** lets their wife bone another dude on tv?:oldlol: :facepalm

poido123
06-27-2015, 07:48 PM
Apparently, the pick is pissed that Melo and his fat contract is on the New York Knicks.

That makes more sense. :lol

lilteapot
06-27-2015, 08:23 PM
Melo has been a bitch his entire career. Not only does he constantly whine, his wife has absolute control over him.Who the **** lets their wife bone another dude on tv?:oldlol: :facepalm

wait what?

knicksman
06-27-2015, 09:31 PM
Agreed.

Dude put on a big show saying his championship window was closing and that money wasn't a big concern because he's "financially set". He is full of crap. A championship will never be the least bit important to him as much as money is. He really blew it not signing w/ Chicago or any other team that's currently not in rebuilding stage.

If i were melo, i would take a risk on phil too than bulls FO. At least phil is new and has won the most rings while bulls FO is already proven incompetent.