PDA

View Full Version : Nets 2015 offseason discussion thread

Nets fan 93
06-26-2015, 09:20 PM
Any trades/ trade rumors/ free agent signings can be discussed here :) or in a separate thread with whatever the transaction is with a link for a source

Nets fan 93
06-26-2015, 09:20 PM
What do you guys think about the Mason plumlee trade?

I'm not the biggest fan of it yet.

MTing
06-28-2015, 05:24 AM

I'm kinda neutral on the trade. I know Plumlee is young but I feel like we've already seen his best and I'm not sure he can do it consistently. This RHJ kid is said to have elite defensive potential. We do need a wing defender badly.

Nets fan 93
06-29-2015, 12:14 AM
I mean I totally agree with that. But they gave up Plumlee and another player for Blake(only for salary reasons) the 23rd pick. I just think the nets could have done it without giving up the other pick

MTing
06-29-2015, 02:25 AM
Well you know Billy King. If we had any future 1st round picks left, it would have probably been included too! :lol

Nets fan 93
06-29-2015, 02:05 PM
Haha yeah too true

Apparently the nets discussed joe Johnson to Memphis. Idk what they would trade. Johnson makes almost 25 million

gigantes
06-29-2015, 06:57 PM

if only he could have improved his jump-shooting and traditional center game, he would be almost a dream player. but at age 25, you have to wonder if that's ever going to happen. it's a shame tho... great guy otherwise.

at least with RHJ being age 20, he has time and youth to get his jumper straightened out. i hope the coaching staff makes that a major priority, because it sounds like he's dreadful in that area. but overall, i love players like him... ferocious wing defenders who can do everything. so important to have at least one or two on a successful squad.

Nets fan 93
06-30-2015, 03:06 AM
^ yeah. We all know Lionel Hollins loves a player like that. If he liked Markel Brown I'm assuming he'll LOVE Hollis-Jefferson based off of what I've heard.

niko
06-30-2015, 09:14 AM
I thought Nets trade was good (since trading Plums was almost necessary with how much he regressed). You got the better rookie in the deal by far, McCollough is a workout warrior, his "incredible athleticism" was on display in his workouts only but never during the season. That never fails to dissapoint.

gigantes
06-30-2015, 10:02 AM
I thought Nets trade was good (since trading Plums was almost necessary with how much he regressed). You got the better rookie in the deal by far, McCollough is a workout warrior, his "incredible athleticism" was on display in his workouts only but never during the season. That never fails to dissapoint.
what do you think about that late-pick euro PG the nets gave up? (is that the dude you... er someone... meant?)

niko
06-30-2015, 10:28 PM
what do you think about that late-pick euro PG the nets gave up? (is that the dude you... er someone... meant?)
I'm not sure as he wasn't a euro, but whatever...i don't want to confuse everyone further! :lol

Lopez 3 years $60 and Young 4 $48 people are saying..

Nets fan 93
07-01-2015, 02:37 AM
I'm not sure as he wasn't a euro, but whatever...i don't want to confuse everyone further! :lol

Lopez 3 years $60 and Young 4 $48 people are saying..
yeah they are finalizing! I like both deals. Nets need all the talent they can get with those two awful contracts in Deron and Joe taking all the space to go after anyone else.. Plus no draft picks. Let's give the Celtics the worst pick we can possibly give them

niko
07-01-2015, 01:03 PM
yeah they are finalizing! I like both deals. Nets need all the talent they can get with those two awful contracts in Deron and Joe taking all the space to go after anyone else.. Plus no draft picks. Let's give the Celtics the worst pick we can possibly give them
As long as the Nets don't trade JJ for savings (taking back flotsam) i can't see how you complain too much about offseason.

AA going to Wiz i think...

Nets fan 93
07-01-2015, 09:12 PM
As long as the Nets don't trade JJ for savings (taking back flotsam) i can't see how you complain too much about offseason.

AA going to Wiz i think...
I would love to have Anderson back but would also love to see him contend hope he winds up on the Spurs.

Nets fan 93
07-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Nets just signed Shane Larkin with a little of their mmle.

Nets have Williams-Jack-Blake-Larkin.

One of the three (not including Larkin) are most likely gonna go.

Jack probably since Williams would be hard to move.

MTing
07-02-2015, 05:32 PM
Nets just signed Shane Larkin with a little of their mmle.

Nets have Williams-Jack-Blake-Larkin.

One of the three (not including Larkin) are most likely gonna go.

Jack probably since Williams would be hard to move.
Net Income from Nets Daily implied something is going to happen this weekend that will make this signing make sense. Please be Jack and not D-Will.

gigantes
07-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Net Income from Nets Daily implied something is going to happen this weekend that will make this signing make sense. Please be Jack and not D-Will.
ian eagle was hinting that... incredibly... deron, and not joe, was most likely to go... amidst the flow... like all front row... sure as my name is joe bleau.

(sorry, got mildly carried away there)

anyway, yeah... sounds like something relatively miraculous is in the works. maybe our overall strength at PG / wing goes down a bit, but overall is for best, tavarisch... nyet?

Nets fan 93
07-02-2015, 09:58 PM
ian eagle was hinting that... incredibly... deron, and not joe, was most likely to go... amidst the flow... like all front row... sure as my name is joe bleau.

(sorry, got mildly carried away there)

anyway, yeah... sounds like something relatively miraculous is in the works. maybe our overall strength at PG / wing goes down a bit, but overall is for best, tavarisch... nyet?
Where did Ian Eagle say anything? Just curious.

Idk I'd rather keep Jarrett Jack but that's just me.

Nets fan 93
07-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Nets have 15 players as of now on the roster assuming they sign Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.

Brought in some more youth with Thomas Robinson and Shane Larkin

gigantes
07-02-2015, 10:02 PM
Where did Ian Eagle say anything? Just curious.
the same place you have a grudge against, but even niko hangs on their every article and word. :D

MTing
07-02-2015, 11:52 PM
I just don't want to give up a lottery pick next year. And I feel like there will have a higher chance of that happening if we trade D-Will.

Unless of course we get a young PG back. Say.... Ty Lawson??

Pls.

Nets fan 93
07-03-2015, 01:42 PM
the same place you have a grudge against, but even niko hangs on their every article and word. :D
Lol well played.
Maybe I'll hit it back up again. It's been a while though lol.

I just don't want to give up a lottery pick next year. And I feel like there will have a higher chance of that happening if we trade D-Will.

Unless of course we get a young PG back. Say.... Ty Lawson??

Pls.
Me neither! Difference between this year and last year is that Hollins knows how to utilize Brook Lopez now. They'll hopefully be more competitive to start the season compared to last season.

I'd be cool with even Darren Collison from the Kings.

Nets fan 93
07-08-2015, 01:51 AM
So Alan Anderson signed with the Wizards today. He got 1 year 4mill.. Pretty solid money for him. Gonna miss him.

niko
07-08-2015, 11:49 PM
Ian Eagle was on WFAN, he comes on once every two weeks or so. :eek:

:oldlol: :D :pimp: :mad: :bowdown: :rolleyes:

Emojis in honor of today. If only Deron reneged 3 years ago...

MTing
07-09-2015, 05:58 AM
That was some crazy stuff that happened yesterday. What Deandre Jordan pulled reminded me a lot of Dwightmare when Dwight signed the ETO.

Nets fan 93
07-09-2015, 12:51 PM
That was some crazy stuff that happened yesterday. What Deandre Jordan pulled reminded me a lot of Dwightmare when Dwight signed the ETO.
That was just as horrible. I know exactly how those mans fans feel. Actually they probably feel worse. It's a shame he had second thoughts.

Miss Bella
07-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Has anything even happened this off season? haven't kept track.

MTing
07-09-2015, 05:20 PM
You missed a lot dude lol. Here's a good page that tells you everything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/3bn6gu/2015_nba_free_agent_tracker/

Nets fan 93
07-09-2015, 08:32 PM
A couple big signings

Bucks sign Greg Monroe
Spurs sign LaMarcus Aldridge
Clippers sign Paul Pierce
Mavs sign Wes Mathews
Suns sign Tyson Chandler
Knicks sign Robin Lopez, Aaron Afflalo, Derrick Williams
Pacers sign Monta Ellis
Lakers trade for Roy Hibbert, Sign Brandon Bass
76ers drafted Okafor

Kiddlovesnets
07-10-2015, 05:30 PM
Okay now that Deron is gone, what can the Nets do now? It seems that we are still over the cap, Id definitely love to have Lawson or Collison replace Deron but its gonna be hard to do anything with the current way it stands. Or even worse, for a 2nd round pick is better nothing. Oh my, Deron really is a tool, I hope he just leaves without taking any money from us. He was the one who asked to go, and if hes so desperate why not just leave all the money on the table?
:facepalm

Shade8780
07-10-2015, 06:04 PM
Nets will have a cap hold of $6M I believe after Deron's buyout until 2020. That hurts your chances more of getting a top FA next year(s).

MTing
07-10-2015, 06:11 PM
I'm not a fan of this either because we will have to pay him $5 mill a year for 5 years. But I guess it was really and impossible contract to trade.

Now what's our point guard situation? I don't think I can watch 82 games of Jack playing 34+ mins.

gigantes
07-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Nets will have a cap hold of $6M I believe after Deron's buyout until 2020. That hurts your chances more of getting a top FA next year(s).
the netsdaily article said that after the buyout and stretch happens, the nets will actually have a lot of cap room next year. #1 joe johnson coming off the books. #2 the league cap expansion, i guess.

that being said, i'm not sure the nets want to be taking on any more big contracts for a while.

one other thing about the buyout-- i still hate the way these contracts are guaranteed money. deron is the one who's underperformed, and now he wants to play for the mavs? no problem! the nets merely pay him 3/4 of his remaining salary or something like that. :facepalm

btw, war mcgregor!

Kiddlovesnets
07-11-2015, 03:34 AM
Yeah this is ridiculous. If you want to go, you can go. But dont take the money, why are we supposed to pay him for the next 5 years? He doesnt deserve anything, he should just leave all the money on the table if he wants to play for the Mavs. Even if Billy Kings wants to pay him, why over the next 5 years with $6M cap hold? Cant we just pay off the $30M promptly and its over?

Well whatever, Billy King is a bad GM and we know that from a long time ago. Maybe we really should've hired Kidd as GM back in 2014, he will be much better than Billy King, and we can look for a better coach than Kidd too.
:banghead:

gigantes
07-11-2015, 12:34 PM
btw just a random post, here.
i might have to watch more postgames in future...

http://imgur.com/eBtvQHS.gif

MTing
07-11-2015, 04:55 PM
btw just a random post, here.
i might have to watch more postgames in future...

http://imgur.com/eBtvQHS.gif
:roll:

Nets fan 93
07-12-2015, 12:42 PM
Yeah this is ridiculous. If you want to go, you can go. But dont take the money, why are we supposed to pay him for the next 5 years? He doesnt deserve anything, he should just leave all the money on the table if he wants to play for the Mavs. Even if Billy Kings wants to pay him, why over the next 5 years with $6M cap hold? Cant we just pay off the $30M promptly and its over?

Well whatever, Billy King is a bad GM and we know that from a long time ago. Maybe we really should've hired Kidd as GM back in 2014, he will be much better than Billy King, and we can look for a better coach than Kidd too.
:banghead:
But if kidd had traded for Sanders. The nets would probably be in the same position they are in now. Just with Mason at center an no one else.

Nets fan 93
07-13-2015, 02:45 AM
So uhh..... Andrea Bargnani .......

Hollins won't put up with his lack of bball iq or rebounding...or defense. It'll be interesting to see how Hollins uses him.

gigantes
07-13-2015, 05:02 AM
i figure he has a bright future on our disabled list.

MTing
07-15-2015, 12:50 AM
So uhh..... Andrea Bargnani .......

Hollins won't put up with his lack of bball iq or rebounding...or defense. It'll be interesting to see how Hollins uses him.
He was mainly brought to fill Mirza's spot and is about $4 mill cheaper that what the Suns paid him. I'm not a fan of his either but for the vets minimum, I think it's a decent signing.

Nets fan 93
07-15-2015, 01:53 AM
He was mainly brought to fill Mirza's spot and is about $4 mill cheaper that what the Suns paid him. I'm not a fan of his either but for the vets minimum, I think it's a decent signing.
I don't mind that he doesn't have the best defense or rebounding ability. I just mind that he has a horrible basketball iq. It is absolutely ridiculous. He'll hurt this team more than benefit no matter what the price is.

gigantes
07-15-2015, 07:09 AM
this cost-cutting is getting a little alarming. just a little bit.

cutting cory jefferson just to save $150K... i know the position is stacked, but. :/

Nets fan 93
07-15-2015, 12:53 PM
this cost-cutting is getting a little alarming. just a little bit.

cutting cory jefferson just to save $150K... i know the position is stacked, but. :/
I thought I read somewhere that cutting him saved like 3 million dollars. I could be wrong though.

I didn't see him making the team. He's worked hard to get to where he is. I'm sure he'll find another home. Maybe Philly.. Who knows. Right when the nets signed Thomas Robinson I knew Jefferson's days were numbered. The nets drafted a PF too.

gigantes
07-15-2015, 01:56 PM
ah, i forgot the nets don't have a dleague team right now. i was thinking 'let him develop and maybe later he can be traded for a guard.'

i guess the $150k is for the deadline coming up, and the 3mil is for the total life of the contract. oh well.

Nets fan 93
07-17-2015, 01:24 AM
What do you guys think about the possibility of Joe Johnson coming off the bench? Would he fair better against the opposing second units? Idk if Brown starts again and the rook RHJ starts there's no wing shooter and the spacing for the starters becomes terrible.

gigantes
07-17-2015, 02:48 PM
sounds like that's the plan. and given his age and how he got worn down last season... i can't really argue with it.

the nets are starting to feel like a real team to me, once again. the contracts are mostly reasonable, young players are getting their opportunities, and there's no ridiculous expectations based on overpaying a bunch of washed-up stars.

plus... who knows? maybe a playoff-bound team will be willing to give us something decent for joe at the trade deadline.

obviously the ceiling is not too high, but at least hollins should be able to maximise what he's got here... unlike last year.

Kiddlovesnets
07-17-2015, 11:53 PM
Is it possible to get Ty Lawson? If we can, its actually an upgrade over Deron and I think we will make the playoffs next year with this move.

Nets fan 93
07-18-2015, 01:34 AM
sounds like that's the plan. and given his age and how he got worn down last season... i can't really argue with it.

the nets are starting to feel like a real team to me, once again. the contracts are mostly reasonable, young players are getting their opportunities, and there's no ridiculous expectations based on overpaying a bunch of washed-up stars.

plus... who knows? maybe a playoff-bound team will be willing to give us something decent for joe at the trade deadline.

obviously the ceiling is not too high, but at least hollins should be able to maximise what he's got here... unlike last year.
I hear us. It kind of reminds me of Vince's last year with the nets. Except Johnson has Prime Lopez not rookie Lopez lol. Let's hope we can at least get his last nice season out of him this year.

Is it possible to get Ty Lawson? If we can, its actually an upgrade over Deron and I think we will make the playoffs next year with this move.
I mean he is available. Also, yes he is a huge upgrade over Deron Williams. Not sure who the Nets would trade for him though. Other teams have more to offer.

gigantes
07-18-2015, 01:12 PM
so i was looking at barnyani's (how his name is pronounced according to WP) bio and stats, and he seems a little more impressive than i first thought based on his rep.

seems he really DID become dirk-light around 2008 - 2011... before his constant struggle with injuries.

all things being equal i expect him to continue getting injured, but IF he doesn't, i can definitely see him becoming a useful, rather unique piece.

the nets supposedly have an excellent training / physical rehab staff, so maybe this signing makes more sense than i first thought.

Nets fan 93
07-18-2015, 10:24 PM
so i was looking at barnyani's (how his name is pronounced according to WP) bio and stats, and he seems a little more impressive than i first thought based on his rep.

seems he really DID become dirk-light around 2008 - 2011... before his constant struggle with injuries.

all things being equal i expect him to continue getting injured, but IF he doesn't, i can definitely see him becoming a useful, rather unique piece.

the nets supposedly have an excellent training / physical rehab staff, so maybe this signing makes more sense than i first thought.
Offense will always be there for him. Unless he has an off-game. But it's defense and iq nets fans worry about.

gigantes
07-19-2015, 04:49 PM
i'm not surprised that his defense is poor, but it would be very odd for a top euro to have low BBIQ. that truly is strange.

OTOH one thing that stood out to me is that the raps staff made the decision to work on his rebounding, low post and shot-blocking game, summer of 08, and it worked out handsomely. OTOH that might also have led to his increased injury-rate.

in life, there's always an "OTOH" lurking behind the very last thought. :P

MTing
07-20-2015, 09:03 PM
Honestly, pairing Bargs up with T-Rob should help him. He can just stretch the floor while T-Rob cleans up the glass. The only real problem is his defense but I think a defensive minded coach like Hollins will have an impact on him. If not, he'll probably just get benched.

I think if he's motivated, he can actually play decent D. I know this is just one video but here he is playing great D against Dwight Howard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nfgZX92cKg

Nets fan 93
07-22-2015, 04:09 AM
Honestly, pairing Bargs up with T-Rob should help him. He can just stretch the floor while T-Rob cleans up the glass. The only real problem is his defense but I think a defensive minded coach like Hollins will have an impact on him. If not, he'll probably just get benched.

I think if he's motivated, he can actually play decent D. I know this is just one video but here he is playing great D against Dwight Howard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nfgZX92cKg
I just hope he can come in and play like he did in the second half of last season. The other 2 season before last season he was dreadful. 27% from 3 one year. Him and Thomas would be a very interesting duo that could really work out. I agree. Lol that was like one of the best games of that man's life. Def his best highlight as a knick

gigantes
07-22-2015, 01:26 PM
...but he was dreadful because he was playing through lingering injury as i understand it. as in, not dreadful because he was slacking off or lost all his skills due to an overnight brain hemorrhage.

so there's the hope, anyway.

re: "bargs,"
shouldn't it really be "barns" since that's the way his name sounds?

Nets fan 93
08-05-2015, 10:05 PM
So with the nets waiving Earl Clark their roster is down to 16 players. To cut it down to 15 I think they waive Quincy Miller. Either that or try to get something for Karasev.

niko
08-13-2015, 08:19 PM
...but he was dreadful because he was playing through lingering injury as i understand it. as in, not dreadful because he was slacking off or lost all his skills due to an overnight brain hemorrhage.

so there's the hope, anyway.

re: "bargs,"
shouldn't it really be "barns" since that's the way his name sounds?
You can call him "Deron" because he's going to fill the void of player most likely to be beaten to death by Hollins. Enjoy him. :cheers: He's a peach.
Just as an aside i think most of what the Nets did this summer is to be commended. It's like the Knicks, you'd like better, BUT you did good with what you had to work with. Epseically like shipping out that loser Deron and I have NO idea why so many media guys think he's going to play well now.

But Bargs is a waste. He doesnt like to play basketball.

gigantes
08-13-2015, 09:26 PM
hey niko-- ask yourself this:

who gives a shit about any of that at this point?

niko
08-14-2015, 12:39 PM
hey niko-- ask yourself this:

who gives a shit about any of that at this point?
its offseason. We all do. Until games start everything is interesting. I've seen pages of analysis on people who are d-league all stars.

Shade8780
08-14-2015, 02:07 PM
It was a smart move by the Nets to get rid of Deron, in the long-term.

But right now, that move puts you guys out of the Playoffs and you're gifting the Celtics a top 5 pick in the Draft.

Apart from that, it's been a bad offseason. You have the weakest PG rotation in the league, you acquired Bargnani which is always a minus (and may end up your starting center if (when) Lopez goes down with an injury), and your bench has no depth. It's not comparable to the Knicks, who I think did much better with what they had than Brooklyn did.

gigantes
08-14-2015, 07:20 PM
i agree that losing deron is going to hurt during the coming season, and i think everyone in the nets' world is justifiably nervous about the prospect of jack starting. we're left putting a lot of faith in his understanding that he has to play a different style now... one which he may not be very good at, even best-case scenerio.

i certainly couldn't say whether d-will is finished at this point. i agree he's never going to be the same player and simply doesn't have leadership ability, but when healthy he's still a PG with value. i have to think that lowered expectations will help him a lot in dallas, and the are a smart club that usually scouts very well and makes smart decisions.

once again, i don't agree that bargnani is a poor signing. it's low risk / moderately-high reward. they can play him if he's doing well and cut him anytime they need his spot, so what exactly is the problem? he's also highly motivated this season with an axe to grind and a desire to prove himself. that's usually a very good thing.

also, i don't see an especial problem with lopez' backup. the nets are pretty deep at the big man position this year.

i disagree that it's been a bad offseason. a number of problems got taken care of this offseason, and that was the goal. how the team performs this season is much less important than building a better, more efficient foundation after all. after five years of building on quicksand, that's another very good thing.

i'm not really sure what the knicks did this offseason, but fisher and jackson are very savvy bball minds and i almost have to assume they've made some key improvements.

"it's a process"... yadda yadda.

Nets fan 93
08-15-2015, 06:53 PM
The celtics aren't getting a top 5 pick. A lot of people had the nets in the lottery last season too. D will leaving does not make the team go from playoffs to 5th worst team in the league. The bench did not get too much worse. Lopez had a few injuries in the beginning of the season but after that he was relatively healthy last season. Jack started a good portion of last December. He played well. Just couldn't play with Deron. Won't have that problem this year

niko
08-17-2015, 02:35 PM
The celtics aren't getting a top 5 pick. A lot of people had the nets in the lottery last season too. D will leaving does not make the team go from playoffs to 5th worst team in the league. The bench did not get too much worse. Lopez had a few injuries in the beginning of the season but after that he was relatively healthy last season. Jack started a good portion of last December. He played well. Just couldn't play with Deron. Won't have that problem this year

No one who wants to win will be top 5. Let's say Nets are bottom 5 3/4 of the year (just for purposes of my point, i don't think so). Last 4th they will be trying while half the teams are happy to lose. If you want to win, you have to be absolutiely horrific to be less than like 10th, 11th from bottom.

niko
08-17-2015, 02:37 PM
i agree that losing deron is going to hurt during the coming season, and i think everyone in the nets' world is justifiably nervous about the prospect of jack starting. we're left putting a lot of faith in his understanding that he has to play a different style now... one which he may not be very good at, even best-case scenerio.

i certainly couldn't say whether d-will is finished at this point. i agree he's never going to be the same player and simply doesn't have leadership ability, but when healthy he's still a PG with value. i have to think that lowered expectations will help him a lot in dallas, and the are a smart club that usually scouts very well and makes smart decisions.

once again, i don't agree that bargnani is a poor signing. it's low risk / moderately-high reward. they can play him if he's doing well and cut him anytime they need his spot, so what exactly is the problem? he's also highly motivated this season with an axe to grind and a desire to prove himself. that's usually a very good thing.

also, i don't see an especial problem with lopez' backup. the nets are pretty deep at the big man position this year.

i disagree that it's been a bad offseason. a number of problems got taken care of this offseason, and that was the goal. how the team performs this season is much less important than building a better, more efficient foundation after all. after five years of building on quicksand, that's another very good thing.

i'm not really sure what the knicks did this offseason, but fisher and jackson are very savvy bball minds and i almost have to assume they've made some key improvements.

"it's a process"... yadda yadda.
i didn't say Bargnani is a bad signing. But when i see paragraphs talking about his basketball acumen, or effort, I have to respond.

When people say Deron will bounce back and be motivated I'm sure every Nets fans rolls their eyes like PLEASE. Bargnani is LESS motivated and has a worse personality than Deron.

gigantes
08-17-2015, 07:54 PM
pretty sure i was responding to the shade guy, but whatever.

deron and bargnani are obviously going to be hugely motivated this season, so i don't see effort as a problem this time.

just out of curiosity, what exactly is so terrible about barn's personality? on the nets, we have guys doing jumping jacks over the fact that deron is gone.

Nets fan 93
08-18-2015, 12:53 AM
I hope bargnani has a good season, Fresh start and all but who really knows. Maybe he could be a pleasant surprise like how Andray Blatche was... Where wizards fans hated him and he had a horrible rep to a solid role player

niko
08-20-2015, 08:08 PM
pretty sure i was responding to the shade guy, but whatever.

deron and bargnani are obviously going to be hugely motivated this season, so i don't see effort as a problem this time.

just out of curiosity, what exactly is so terrible about barn's personality? on the nets, we have guys doing jumping jacks over the fact that deron is gone.

Bargs just doesn't seem like he enjoys playing basketball. I think I saw him really into the game maybe 3 times as a Knick. He's very casual in his approach. If he's hurt and should miss 3 games, he'll miss 2 weeks. And you get upset because you can see he has the physical tools to get things done and he just won't/can't.

I see this playing out as you see him in preseason, see what he can do, go OOH and then at some point during the season you'll want him to play just to see if Hollins strangles him.

gigantes
08-21-2015, 03:28 PM
big men look worst of all when working through injury. longer parts and physics tend to make them extra tentative. look at bropez last season for a pretty good example of this jekyll and hyde effect.

the thing that impressed me about barns is that before he started getting hurt (before he came to the knicks), he had substantially improved the physicality and efficiency of his game.

the biggest thing i suspect about barns is not that he lacks the skills or desire, but that he doesn't have an NBA-rugged body... just like many other league washouts.

MTing
08-27-2015, 04:06 PM
It's really a low risk move. If he sucks, he'll get benched and we didn't invest much into him so the signing won't hurt. Who knows, maybe he'll rejuvenate his career here. He did average 21 points a game in Toronto. TBH all he needs to do is come in and knock down some 3s.

MTing
08-27-2015, 04:09 PM
Also R.I.P Darryl "Chocolate Thunder" Dawkins.. I didn't get to watch him play because he was before my time but he always seemed like a class act. One of the greatest Nets of all time.

gigantes
08-28-2015, 01:51 AM
i seem to remember him being on the sixers when i was back in philly.

it was kind of a fun back-and-forth contest to see if they could manufacture a backglass strong enough to resist darryl's power dunks. also, i'm amazed nobody got seriously injured by those big frames when they fell.

obviously they got it right eventually, otherwise shaq would have broken them every game.

Nets fan 93
08-30-2015, 01:58 AM
i seem to remember him being on the sixers when i was back in philly.

it was kind of a fun back-and-forth contest to see if they could manufacture a backglass strong enough to resist darryl's power dunks. also, i'm amazed nobody got seriously injured by those big frames when they fell.

obviously they got it right eventually, otherwise shaq would have broken them every game.
I saw him when I went to the triple OT nets bucks game. He was taking a lot of pics with the fans. It's so sad we lost a guy like him. Classy guy.

Nets fan 93
09-06-2015, 03:12 PM
So Bojan Suffered a concussion last night and wants to play in his next game though the doctors are telling him to rest..... Why doesn't he just rest -_-

gigantes
09-06-2015, 03:37 PM
patriotism?

gigantes
09-07-2015, 07:30 PM
well shut my mouth and call me spanky...

http://img.izismile.com/img/img8/20150907/1000/daily_gifdump_905_12.gif