PDA

View Full Version : Okafor has no love for Sixers

SugarHill
06-28-2015, 01:38 AM
https://vine.co/v/eJeP9ltQBME

https://38.media.tumblr.com/6b39a7d008033758582b5f0c2c47564d/tumblr_n6aw5svovg1rexx6oo1_500.gif

bobopenguin
06-28-2015, 01:40 AM
LOL, okafor got trolled!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

BigNBAfan
06-28-2015, 01:40 AM
who would

bluechox2
06-28-2015, 01:42 AM
nice editing, but they all dropped it

CarlosBoozer
06-28-2015, 01:47 AM
Gobb?

QuebecBaller
06-28-2015, 07:12 AM
who would

somebody who dreams all his life about playing in the NBA?

For this action, they should never let this big crying loser start a game the entire season

Spurs5Rings2014
06-28-2015, 07:36 AM

For this action, they should never let this big crying loser start a game the entire season

So what you're saying, is to punish someone for not wanting to play for a joke franchise that tanks year in and year out, they should bench that player in order to tank harder?

I love it.

:oldlol:

QuebecBaller
06-28-2015, 07:51 AM
Don't you think he should be happy to archive his dream of playing in the NBA?

If he just want to play for an actual playoff team, then he just have to show them how good he is, and those teams will try hard to get him.

Wake up Okafor, if the Lakers didn't pick you, it's because they could get a better player

For me, he just started his career the wrong way

Lebron23
06-28-2015, 07:55 AM
Sixers are also a historic franchise. And He's going to have less pressure playing in the City of brotherly Love.

HOoopCityJones
06-28-2015, 08:07 AM
Damn. I feel sorry for the kid.

He was so hyped about being a Laker.

Lebron23
06-28-2015, 08:10 AM
Damn. I feel sorry for the kid.

He was so hyped about being a Laker.

In a a few years he's going to thank the Lakers for not drafting him as the 2nd overall pick. Plenty of 2nd overall picks struggled in the NBA. In the last 10 years only Kevin Durant, Jabari Parker, and Michael Beasley's earlier season had a good NBA Career.

HOoopCityJones
06-28-2015, 08:13 AM
In a a few years he's going to thank the Lakers for not drafting him as the 2nd overall pick. Plenty of 2nd overall picks struggled in the NBA. In the last 10 years only Jabari Parker, and Beasley's earlier season had a good NBA Career.

Kevin Durant. :biggums:

KembaWalker
06-28-2015, 08:16 AM

Have to completely disregard anything he now says about the sport of basketball due to forgetting that :roll:

Lebron23
06-28-2015, 08:17 AM

I forgot about him. It looks like Parker and Durant broke the curse.

BlakFrankWhite
06-28-2015, 08:18 AM
Why?

He'll be a good sidekick to GOATel Embiid

Nash
06-28-2015, 08:19 AM
In a a few years he's going to thank the Lakers for not drafting him as the 2nd overall pick. Plenty of 2nd overall picks struggled in the NBA. In the last 10 years only Kevin Durant, Jabari Parker, and Michael Beasley's earlier season had a good NBA Career.
you forgot Durant but remembered to mention Beasleys earlier season?

HOoopCityJones
06-28-2015, 08:20 AM

How many alts does it take to consistently rep yourself? With all the stupid shit you say there's no way that isn't fixed. :facepalm

FlashDwyaneWade3
06-28-2015, 08:42 AM
When he becomes a unrestricted free agent, he'll sign with the Lakers in 5 years.

Craven Morehead
06-28-2015, 09:02 AM

:D

You even have your fellow Lebron stans shaking their heads at your stupidity.

Take the hint, Short Round.

coin24
06-28-2015, 09:18 AM
:lol :lol

Can you really blame the guy? Fkn pathetic organisation. Now his first 3 or 4 season will be wasted and probably benched so they continue to lose..

Relegate those bums to the dleague

midatlantic09
06-28-2015, 09:29 AM
A lot of you guys aren't too bright for presuming he'll be gone in 4 years.

He'll be just fine provided the Sixers ensure him that he'll be the guy they build around moving forward. Up until now, the Sixers had NO ONE to build around (Noel is not a franchise player and Embiid may be Greg Oden 2.0), but now they likely do have a legit franchise caliber player and can put the breaks on with the tanking. Also, Philly is the 4th largest market in the US (only LA/NY/Chicago are larger) so there's really no need for him to desperately opt out if more exposure/endorsement potential is an issue. My guess is that after next year's draft (4 first round picks), people will be talking about the Sixers the same way people are now talking about Minnesota.

Stop being so impatient.

BlakFrankWhite
06-28-2015, 09:38 AM
Embiid is a franchise player (if healthy)....hell he top 10 GOAT potential (if healthy)

Okafor is a poor defender, unathletic, short sized for a center, horrible free throw shooter....he isn't franchise material

24-Inch_Chrome
06-28-2015, 09:39 AM

Parker tore his ACL, I don't know if that's breaking the curse. :oldlol:

T_L_P
06-28-2015, 09:48 AM
The only part of the Sixers rebuild that could be considered 'winning' is landing Embiid. And we don't even know if he'll get healthy.

MCW was a shitbag. Noel is a solid rim protector; not the starting C on a contender. Okafor will be a relative bust. They have three Centers. No marquee Free Agents will even consider going there for another half decade at least.

Come on. They play out East so they'll be a Playoff team soon enough, but this was hardly a revolutionary rebuild.

The only way to rebuild through the draft is to land a superstar. I think the Sixers have that with Embiid, but he does seem to have some slight mental issues and he might not even play next year.

Akrazotile
06-28-2015, 09:52 AM
Aint no other cats got love for Sixers
Aint no cats gon bust slugs for Sixers
Aint no cats gon shed blood for Sixers
But my dogs, is gon be a thug for Sixers

BlakFrankWhite
06-28-2015, 09:54 AM
Embiid doesn't have mental issues....he's just a bit cocky.

Nothing wrong with that

T_L_P
06-28-2015, 10:01 AM

Nothing wrong with that

If some of the stories aren't just one-offs, then the kid does have some mental issues to work through.

Being lazy and defying team instructions is not a good sign. He's a professional athlete, and he doesn't seem to go about things like one.

Like I said, he has undeniable talent though. I'm really rooting for the kid because there's nothing I enjoy more in basketball than dominant big men.

midatlantic09
06-28-2015, 10:10 AM

Nothing wrong with that

Nah, Embiid's problem (aside from the injury) is that he's not really a hard worker. Based upon what I've seen, he's too caught up in the whole celeb lifestyle, hitting chicks up on Twitter and Instagram, and "hitting up the club" and not 100% focused on rehabbing and transforming into a future all-star. I realize he's only 21, but his career will be over before it even begins if he doesn't overcome this foot issue.

While I won't deny that there is a legit problem with his foot, something tells me his lack of focus is probably playing a role. My guess is that he's been doing the bare minimum when it comes to rehabbing, proper diet, sleep/rest, etc. All of those things matter when attempting to come back from an injury, especially one that we now know is slow-healing (which could be slow-healing due to him doing the bare minimum instead of the maximum).

midatlantic09
06-28-2015, 10:19 AM
Embiid is a franchise player (if healthy)....hell he top 10 GOAT potential (if healthy)

Okafor is a poor defender, unathletic, short sized for a center, horrible free throw shooter....he isn't franchise material

I disagree 100%. Okafor IS potentially a franchise caliber player. However, if he doesn't become a franchise caliber player, it'll be due to his poor conditioning. All the knocks against his game would likely be remedied if he simply dropped 15-20 pounds (from 270 to 250-255). By doing that, he would become much more agile, would run the floor better, be quicker (which would help on both offense and defense), would have more spring when jumping, and would destroy 95% of NBA centers down-low. How great he becomes hinges on his ability to get in shape and stay in shape. If he can't do that, he'll likely be Eddy Curry 2.0, but if he does do that, he'll be the next Tim Duncan.

keep-itreal
06-28-2015, 10:28 AM
that song:oldlol:

Solidape
06-28-2015, 02:25 PM
Check out the dude on the left, he is like......WTF, he really tossed the jersey!

wakencdukest
06-28-2015, 03:09 PM
He actually dropped it on the table in front of the 3 players that isn't shown in the video.

midatlantic09
06-28-2015, 03:15 PM
He actually dropped it on the table in front of the 3 players that isn't shown in the video.

Yea, but it's the way he dropped it. It wasn't a careful drop, but rather a hostile "whatever...I don't even wanna be here, this sucks" type of drop.

That said, Sixers front office need to have a long conversation with him regarding why he's unhappy and what can be done to make things ideal for him since he'll likely be their go-to guy all season.

Foster5k
06-28-2015, 03:46 PM
Sixers front office need to have a long conversation with him regarding why he's unhappy
:oldlol:

He's unhappy because he's playing for the sixers.

FireMcFailPlease
06-28-2015, 03:54 PM
When he becomes a unrestricted free agent, he'll sign with the Lakers in 5 years.
thatll be 9 years down the road.

chips93
06-28-2015, 04:15 PM
My guess is that after next year's draft (4 first round picks), people will be talking about the Sixers the same way people are now talking about Minnesota.

Stop being so impatient.

people have every right to be impatient after the last two years of tanking

SexSymbol
06-28-2015, 04:19 PM
If some of the stories aren't just one-offs, then the kid does have some mental issues to work through.

Being lazy and defying team instructions is not a good sign. He's a professional athlete, and he doesn't seem to go about things like one.

Like I said, he has undeniable talent though. I'm really rooting for the kid because there's nothing I enjoy more in basketball than dominant big men.
ur momma said the same thing, just without the basketball part. :cheers:

BigNBAfan
06-28-2015, 04:23 PM

Thats love for the NBA not necessarily the sixers - who only chose you because their PG got drafted.

outbreak
06-28-2015, 04:42 PM
Damn he should know not to drop it first now they will edit it to make it look like only he dropped it

outbreak
06-28-2015, 04:43 PM
Yea, but it's the way he dropped it. It wasn't a careful drop, but rather a hostile "whatever...I don't even wanna be here, this sucks" type of drop.

That said, Sixers front office need to have a long conversation with him regarding why he's unhappy and what can be done to make things ideal for him since he'll likely be their go-to guy all season.

He dropped it like all of them did which is the way their handler told them to drop it. People are there to watch him be interviewed not to watch how well he drops a singlet :facepalm

Springsteen
06-28-2015, 05:44 PM
:eek:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CImvmUnVAAAbBcC.jpg

kunk75
06-28-2015, 06:19 PM
hopefully he's not a stress eater

BlazerRed
06-28-2015, 07:19 PM
:eek:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CImvmUnVAAAbBcC.jpg
I don't care if it's fake, it's still amusing to picture :oldlol:

j3lademaster
06-28-2015, 08:18 PM
ur momma said the same thing, just without the basketball part. :cheers:all women do, why pick on his momma?

HomieWeMajor
06-28-2015, 08:29 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--fnxGcIXG--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/q7yh3uttze4md2pwfccb.gif
Wiping his hands like he touched a piece of sh.it :oldlol:

COnDEMnED
06-28-2015, 08:42 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--fnxGcIXG--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/q7yh3uttze4md2pwfccb.gif
Wiping his hands like he touched a piece of sh.it :oldlol:
White guy, bottom left. He knows.

UK2K
06-28-2015, 09:04 PM
White guy, bottom left. He knows.
He wants to be there :lol

tanks1
06-29-2015, 03:35 PM
He's already putting in work......early......

http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/150628-brown-radio

GOBB
06-29-2015, 03:42 PM
This thread just has me laughing at how silly some of you dudes are.

StateProperty
06-29-2015, 03:49 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/2v12kb4.jpg

StateProperty
07-01-2015, 01:07 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/McKinleywashere/status/615327459278503936/video/1

^^^ real vid of him laying it on table

midatlantic09
07-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Okafor may have been upset about being drafted by Philly, but I think he'll come to find out that it was the right fit/situation for him.

He's not an LA type of guy (we all know Okafor is low-key), he'll get more opportunities early on (he'll have the chance to put up 20/10 right away), and he's under Brett Brown's guidance...the same guy who helped Tim Duncan flourish in San Antonio.

If he's in love with LA, he can always just a buy a home there and live in LA during the offseason like many pro athletes do.

oh the horror
07-01-2015, 01:42 PM
On a side note, are those the new jerseys because those are nice