PDA

View Full Version : Okafor Excited about playing for the suxers!

MJ(Mean John)
06-28-2015, 03:13 AM
Lol.

vine.co/v/eJeP9ltQBME

Can anyone post a link to the moment D'Angelo got drafted by the Lakers??

I wanna see Okafor's face. Haha.

Legends66NBA7
06-28-2015, 03:18 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381099

By the way, you didn't post the link properly.

MJ(Mean John)
06-28-2015, 03:20 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381099

By the way, you didn't post the link properly.

Thanks,

Post it for me, Plz.

Not too savvy with posting media.

Ooo I just seen the link.

Can someone post the video of his facial expression when lakers took DLoading?

Legends66NBA7
06-28-2015, 03:30 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EzqXurqI77w

17 second mark.

JohnMax
06-28-2015, 03:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzqXurqI77w&t=0m16s

Hizack
06-28-2015, 03:48 AM
http://i.minus.com/iFox0nICjFfQj.gif

DavisWarriorsFan
06-28-2015, 04:35 AM
Okafor is a Laker fan who wanted to be a Laker.

BlakFrankWhite
06-28-2015, 04:38 AM
soooooo he's gonna play SF? Lol

JerrySeinfeld
06-28-2015, 05:23 AM
And this is why you don't force yourself out of the first pick when the T'Wolves want you and you can at least play alongside Wiggins.

sixerfan82
06-28-2015, 05:37 AM
Dont you worry, once we let him know hell have a free ride to the finals since theres NO competition out east, he'll stay. Gives us 2-3 years and the fan base, the kid is the next 10 years of the league

MJ(Mean John)
06-28-2015, 06:18 AM
Dont you worry, once we let him know hell have a free ride to the finals since theres NO competition out east, he'll stay. Gives us 2-3 years and the fan base, the kid is the next 10 years of the league

Brah, Sixers said that 3 years ago.... With MCW. Then Noel. Then Embiid. Now Okafor, then they're just going to continue to tank.

sixerfan82
06-28-2015, 06:35 AM
Brah, Sixers said that 3 years ago.... With MCW. Then Noel. Then Embiid. Now Okafor, then they're just going to continue to tank.

Nerlens is not a franchise player and mcw isnt efficient. You'll see that this year inmilwaukee. Okafor has a winning attitude to install in a system with NO attitude.

Oh and we have embiid, saric, 4 potential 1st rnd picks and 30 mill in cap space. Im not worried one bit

MJ(Mean John)
06-28-2015, 06:41 AM
Nerlens is not a franchise player and mcw isnt efficient. You'll see that this year inmilwaukee. Okafor has a winning attitude to install in a system with NO attitude.

Oh and we have embiid, saric, 4 potential 1st rnd picks and 30 mill in cap space. Im not worried one bit
not saying you are, but look at the Track Record. Sixers might Trade Embiid or Okafor for 2 first rounders. Rinse and Repeat.

Until I see otherwise, I'll continue to believe that. Haven't siders had that cap space the last few years? I haven't heard them go after anyone.

Lebron23
06-28-2015, 06:46 AM
No more tanking for the Sixers. They need to compete for a playoffs spot next season.

SexSymbol
06-28-2015, 06:53 AM
No more tanking for the Sixers. They need to compete for a playoffs spot next season.

The Eastern Conference - where amazing happens

Lebron23
06-28-2015, 07:21 AM
The Eastern Conference - where amazing happens

Noel and Okafor are good college players. Noel was the 2nd best rookie last season. The Sixers just needs to compete. They were tanking their games last year.

sixerfan82
06-28-2015, 08:02 AM
not saying you are, but look at the Track Record. Sixers might Trade Embiid or Okafor for 2 first rounders. Rinse and Repeat.

Until I see otherwise, I'll continue to believe that. Haven't siders had that cap space the last few years? I haven't heard them go after anyone.

The track record is difficult to defend, I agree, let me explain my POV..

Philly started this process 3 years ago with Hinkie and as of now, he's got noel, Embiid and Okafor on the roster for under $10m combined, 3 years from now that's going to be considered amazing(obvious).

Lets start with Noel, he was part of that 0-17 start and he never once complained publicly, Philly has a lot of respect for that kind of work ethic and grit. I'm a big fan of his, he isn't a scorer, but he can rebound and block shots, run the floor and he plays very loose. The kid gradually improved and looking back at the draft, id say we scored pretty big on that one.

Embiid is 50/50 right now and I can tell you that the only real reason people aren't on his ship right now is because the guy just hasn't played. Philly is primarily a football town and the eagles aren't going anywhere. We need to see what you can do for us because Philly is a blue collar city. The longer he doesn't play, the worst the feeling will get for him. If the kid comes out and looks like a young Olajuwon as it's been suggested he will be, he'll have the boys in town acting like giddy little schoolgirls, I guarantee it.

And now Okafor. If the other 2 guys didn't exist, we're stoked with this pick alone. He's modeled his game after 2 HoF'ers (Duncan isn't yet, but will be there soon) and has already won at the collegiate level. Hinkie doesn't want to admit it because he's not that guy, but he's got his stud and he's got 2 other golden tickets to surround that stud with. We welcome the trade offers and for once Philly can pick and choose.

It's been a tough few years for Sixer fans, believe me I'm the only basketball fan in my entire family unless the playoffs come around. MCW got me excited and then Nerlens and I thought we had something, but then the trade happen(I died a little inside) and then I was informed of Okafor(I dont want college ball) and my eyes lit up.

If the Sixers tank this year, I will be shocked. They have the cap room, they need to develop these 3-4 young players and then buy a guard or two via free agency, but make no mistake about it.

Okafor(and I'll cry like a baby if he doesn't stay) will wreck the east for a decade to come if he buys into what Hinkie & Co. want to do.

As for the cap space, yes we have had it for a year or two now I believe, but the market had nothing we were in the running for given what we wanted to get out of it vs the price tag.

That's all I got. Just opinions of course.

BlakFrankWhite
06-28-2015, 08:07 AM
I think Embiid(if healthy) is the potential Franchise player....not Okafor or Noel.

He's a beast on both ends,athletic and that 'Alpha' personality that ISHers love

sixerfan82
06-28-2015, 08:21 AM
If healthy, yes.

If healthy, not a bad problem to have, eh? :)

midatlantic09
06-28-2015, 09:46 AM
I think Embiid(if healthy) is the potential Franchise player....not Okafor or Noel.

He's a beast on both ends,athletic and that 'Alpha' personality that ISHers love

Embiid = Oden 2.0

I think the Sixers should look to trade Embiid....I think he's finished. The guy has been injured nearly every year since high school.

smoovegittar
06-28-2015, 09:52 AM
Maybe he should have worn a yellow jacket -

UK2K
06-28-2015, 10:04 AM
The track record is difficult to defend, I agree, let me explain my POV..

Philly started this process 3 years ago with Hinkie and as of now, he's got noel, Embiid and Okafor on the roster for under $10m combined, 3 years from now that's going to be considered amazing(obvious).

Lets start with Noel, he was part of that 0-17 start and he never once complained publicly, Philly has a lot of respect for that kind of work ethic and grit. I'm a big fan of his, he isn't a scorer, but he can rebound and block shots, run the floor and he plays very loose. The kid gradually improved and looking back at the draft, id say we scored pretty big on that one.

Embiid is 50/50 right now and I can tell you that the only real reason people aren't on his ship right now is because the guy just hasn't played. Philly is primarily a football town and the eagles aren't going anywhere. We need to see what you can do for us because Philly is a blue collar city. The longer he doesn't play, the worst the feeling will get for him. If the kid comes out and looks like a young Olajuwon as it's been suggested he will be, he'll have the boys in town acting like giddy little schoolgirls, I guarantee it.

And now Okafor. If the other 2 guys didn't exist, we're stoked with this pick alone. He's modeled his game after 2 HoF'ers (Duncan isn't yet, but will be there soon) and has already won at the collegiate level. Hinkie doesn't want to admit it because he's not that guy, but he's got his stud and he's got 2 other golden tickets to surround that stud with. We welcome the trade offers and for once Philly can pick and choose.

It's been a tough few years for Sixer fans, believe me I'm the only basketball fan in my entire family unless the playoffs come around. MCW got me excited and then Nerlens and I thought we had something, but then the trade happen(I died a little inside) and then I was informed of Okafor(I dont want college ball) and my eyes lit up.

If the Sixers tank this year, I will be shocked. They have the cap room, they need to develop these 3-4 young players and then buy a guard or two via free agency, but make no mistake about it.

Okafor(and I'll cry like a baby if he doesn't stay) will wreck the east for a decade to come if he buys into what Hinkie & Co. want to do.

As for the cap space, yes we have had it for a year or two now I believe, but the market had nothing we were in the running for given what we wanted to get out of it vs the price tag.

That's all I got. Just opinions of course.

Until Skal gets drafted by an Eastern conference team next year.

Then Skal will be the one wrecking that conference in 2-3 years.

midatlantic09
06-28-2015, 10:30 AM
Until Skal gets drafted by an Eastern conference team next year.

Then Skal will be the one wrecking that conference in 2-3 years.

That guy is massively overrated, imo. Sure, he looks great playing against high school kids who are 5 inches shorter, but I have a strong feeling he will no longer be considered a top 10 NBA prospect this time next year (eg Cliff Alexander, who was a top 5 NBA prospect this time last year, but went undrafted).

He's like 215 pounds, is pretty slow, and is solid in a bunch of areas but isn't great in any area. I won't be surprised if he ends up going late lottery and then ends up being a role player/fringe starter (on a bad team) once in the NBA. However, I think guys like Ben Simmons, Jaylen Brown, and Brandon Ingram will become future NBA all-stars.

GOBB
06-28-2015, 10:32 AM
No one says anything about Tim Duncan lack of emotion. But Okafor? It's a problem. :sleeping

midatlantic09
06-28-2015, 10:44 AM
No one says anything about Tim Duncan lack of emotion. But Okafor? It's a problem. :sleeping

I think Okafor will be fine moving forward. His lack of emotion on draft night and in some of the interviews is likely due to the following:

-thinking he's going #1 or 2, but then dropping to #3 (probably a slight blow to his ego)
-being selected by a team he hadn't had any contact with prior to the draft
-being selected by a team in a city he's not familiar with
-being selected by a team who already has 2 starting-caliber bigmen.

GOBB
06-28-2015, 10:49 AM
I think Okafor will be fine moving forward. His lack of emotion on draft night and in some of the interviews is likely due to the folllowing:

-thinking he's going #1 or 2, but then dropping to #3 (probably a slight blow to his ego)
-being selected by a team he hadn't had any contact with prior to the draft
-being selected by a team in a city he's not familiar with
-being selected by a team who already has 2 starting-caliber bigmen.

Or maybe he's never shown much emotion prior to the draft? Seems like a laid back kid. Check his interviews, his demeanor. Everyone can't be Embiid full of smiles, 24/7 social media trolling. Speaking of which people said Embiid didn't want to be a Sixer because of a satellite delay photo. Go figure.

Fans try to read into stuff way too much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOKnKNkC-oU

UK2K
06-28-2015, 11:39 AM
That guy is massively overrated, imo. Sure, he looks great playing against high school kids who are 5 inches shorter, but I have a strong feeling he will no longer be considered a top 10 NBA prospect this time next year (eg Cliff Alexander, who was a top 5 NBA prospect this time last year, but went undrafted).

He's like 215 pounds, is pretty slow, and is solid in a bunch of areas but isn't great in any area. I won't be surprised if he ends up going late lottery and then ends up being a role player/fringe starter (on a bad team) once in the NBA. However, I think guys like Ben Simmons, Jaylen Brown, and Brandon Ingram will become future NBA all-stars.
Cliff Alexander chose Kansas. That's all you need to know.

They have an amazing ability to underachieve every year. Remember T Rob?

Plus Skal can literally shoot from anywhere.

T_L_P
06-28-2015, 11:39 AM
Lakers dodged a bullet. This kid has a nasty little ego, and he's a relative bust.

sfballa13
06-28-2015, 11:43 AM
Sixers should have traded Embiid and Noel for #2

Taken Okafor then Russell and built around those two

Id rather have Russell+Okafor then Embiid, Noel, Okafor

GOBB
06-28-2015, 11:44 AM
Lakers dodged a bullet. This kid has a nasty little ego, and he's a relative bust.

Kobe didn't have a nasty little ego. Nah. Neither did Shaq. But hey titles resulted out of those two. :rolleyes:

GOBB
06-28-2015, 11:45 AM

Garbage trade. I see why you have red bars, let me help you with some more

PJR
06-28-2015, 11:52 AM
When is the Hinkie dude going start sorting and balancing out the composition of that roster, instead of being in the mode of looking to collect the best asset? Is Nerlens Noel going to play small forward? :oldlol:

I'd renounce my fandom if I was a Sixers fan. Terrible.

midatlantic09
06-28-2015, 11:53 AM

That'd be a great trade for the Sixers, but a lousy trade for LA. Embiid may never play in an NBA game and Noel is really just a role player.

midatlantic09
06-28-2015, 11:55 AM
When is the Hinkie dude going start sorting and balancing out the composition of that roster, instead of being in the mode of looking to collect the best asset? Is Nerlens Noel going to play small forward? :oldlol:

You need a franchise caliber player before you can start building an actual team. As of now, the Sixers have no franchise caliber players as Noel is not a franchise player and Okafor hasn't even played an NBA game yet. Embiid seems to be Oden 2.0 and has a lousy work ethic (he's too busy with chicks on Twitter/Instagram and hitting the club) so there's no reason to start putting things together until SOMEONE proves worthy of being built around.

However, if Okafor comes in and starts dropping close to 20 and 10, I'm sure Hinkie will start building around him and halt the tank. I swear...you Sixers fans are just too emotional and just don't understand that building a great team takes time, especially when not in a city like LA/NY/Miami. If you want mediocrity, that's fine, but don't complain about first round exits later down the line.

GOBB
06-28-2015, 11:56 AM

Hinkie explained his process the day he was signed. Google.com, enter Hinkie 5 year plan. Try reading. Maybe that isn't your strong suit. Let me know, I'll give you cliff notes.

Why would Noel play SF when Embiid status for next season is up in the air? Also Noel/Okafor/Embiid is a solid 3 big rotation. 32 minutes a piece, assuming everyone was 100% healthy.

Bulls had Gasoft, Gibson, Noah, Mirotic. Sixers have 3 bigs and you can't comprehend how it can work, someone has to play SF. :rolleyes:

GOBB
06-28-2015, 11:57 AM
That'd be a great trade for the Sixers, but a lousy trade for LA. Embiid may never play in an NBA game and Noel is really just a role player.

Noel is a defensive anchor for the next decade. Bad trade for Sixers, get a clue.

midatlantic09
06-28-2015, 12:05 PM
Noel is a defensive anchor for the next decade. Bad trade for Sixers, get a clue.

You referring to the 6'11 200 pound Noel who gets pushed around and who Tyler Zeller dropped 26 on? lol

C'mon

PJR
06-28-2015, 12:21 PM
You need a franchise caliber player before you can start building an actual team.

Na. When building a team, you want to establish a good culture first. One that shows you're at least ATTEMPTING to legitimately be competitive, in the meantime.

This strategy of, "we're going to continue to blatantly tank, and reshuffle the deck until we get the right guy" is foolishness. How do you EVER expect to get good free agents to sign there?

Sam Hinkie's strategy blows, and it's blowing up in his face. Whiffed on the MCW pick, as he didn't see that situation thru. Looks to have whiffed on Embid with the foot concerns, and now has drafted Okafor, a player who plays the same position.

That draft is a crapshoot. You can't solely rely on that.

That roster looks worse than an expansion team. Jesus.

GOBB
06-28-2015, 12:22 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/6/28/8858761/jahlil-okafor-drops-his-sixers-jersey-like-its-trash

He dropped the jersey on the table like everyone else.

You referring to the 6'11 200 pound Noel who gets pushed around and who Tyler Zeller dropped 26 on? lol

C'mon

How old is Noel again? Just curious.

Milbuck
06-28-2015, 12:26 PM
:roll: