PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love has indicated to the Cavs that he will stay.

Rocketswin2013
06-28-2015, 10:51 AM
Per Amico.

https://twitter.com/AmicoBasketball/status/615150244259581952

jzek
06-28-2015, 10:52 AM
Fukk. :(

r15mohd
06-28-2015, 10:53 AM
There was maybe a 5% chance in him actually leaving...lol, in other news, water is wet

imnew09
06-28-2015, 10:55 AM
Lol at Cavs giving him the max:roll: :roll:

Doranku
06-28-2015, 10:55 AM
Isn't this Sam Amico guy like always wrong?

imnew09
06-28-2015, 10:56 AM
Liability on D

midatlantic09
06-28-2015, 10:57 AM
Cavs should sign + trade Love, Shumpert, and their 2016 1st round pick... to Sacramento for Cousins and Cauley-Stein.

This is assuming they actually want to win next year.

HOoopCityJones
06-28-2015, 10:59 AM
:applause:

DMAVS41
06-28-2015, 11:01 AM
Cavs should sign + trade Love, Shumpert, and their 2016 1st round pick... to Sacramento for Cousins and Cauley-Stein.

terrible trade. cavs get way worse.

unless you then also move Lebron.

andy, wcs, mozgov, thoompson, cousins?

LOL...there is no space at all for Lebron and Kyrie to do anything. You just turned Kyrie into a spot up shooter....and made Lebron about as bad a fit for a team as possible.

and losing shump would be killer here.

the Cavs don't need to trade Love if he comes back. he's a perfect fit for this team.

the Cavs need to find a way to trade Haywood, Harris, and a first rounder for something they need.

el gringos
06-28-2015, 11:06 AM

LOL...there is no space at all for Lebron and Kyrie to do anything. You just turned Kyrie into a spot up shooter....and made Lebron about as bad a fit for a team as possible.

the Cavs don't need to trade Love if he comes back. he's a perfect fit for this team.

the Cavs need to find a way to trade Haywood, Harris, and a first rounder for something they need.
I'm a huge Kevin love fan. He is a max player and every team that has cap space will/would offer him.

But love and minor pieces for cousins and cavs get worse? Get real. Yhese rumors of cousins w a lowball value have made this place dumber. If that's possible

FLDFSU
06-28-2015, 11:09 AM

Basically.

r15mohd
06-28-2015, 11:09 AM
I'm a huge Kevin love fan. He is a max player and every team that has cap space will/would offer him.

But love and minor pieces for cousins and cavs get worse? Get real. Yhese rumors of cousins w a lowball value have made this place dumber. If that's possible

He's not talking about worth, more so the game plan for the Cavs...Lebron/Kyrie needs the paint clear, and Cousins does not provide this as he's a post/paint player that's ALWAYS down low. It is why Love is so revered in Cleveland bcuz of his spacing and then elite rebounding. He just has to get a little better on defense.

TAZORAC
06-28-2015, 11:10 AM
Per Amico.

https://twitter.com/AmicoBasketball/status/615150244259581952

Because without Lebron, he'll never SMELL the playoffs again, it'll be just like his previous seasons.

DMAVS41
06-28-2015, 11:10 AM

Yes....they do.

Who are the perimeter players? You just traded Shumpert.

It would be a much worse fit.

Now, if you completely transformed the roster and traded Mozgov and stuff and picks for guys that fit in...great, but it doesn't make much sense basketball wise.

Kyrie and Lebron and Cousins all need the ball to make an impact. Good luck making that work. Especially when there is no space at all.

TAZORAC
06-28-2015, 11:11 AM

Cauley Stein has no post movies, he's basically Tristan Thompson with more athletic ability but less strength.

el gringos
06-28-2015, 11:19 AM
Yes....they do.

Who are the perimeter players? You just traded Shumpert.

It would be a much worse fit.

Now, if you completely transformed the roster and traded Mozgov and stuff and picks for guys that fit in...great, but it doesn't make much sense basketball wise.

Kyrie and Lebron and Cousins all need the ball to make an impact. Good luck making that work. Especially when there is no space at all.
Wait are you throwing Kevin love, cousins, and ............shumpert into the same discussion?

You can get shumperts in a lot of different ways. You could trade mozgov for 2 of them. You could trade av for one of them. Or you could deal some 2nds for them.

The main reason for not arguing if love, shumpett and a late first have enough value for cousins is that it's not even close to realistic so I guess it's a waste to discuss whether I man shumpert has the huge value you think he does

dubeta
06-28-2015, 11:21 AM
LOL where all the Kobe fans at saying he would leave like Dwight left Kobe :lol

DMAVS41
06-28-2015, 11:23 AM
Wait are you throwing Kevin love, cousins, and ............shumpert into the same discussion?

You can get shumperts in a lot of different ways. You could trade mozgov for 2 of them. You could trade av for one of them. Or you could deal some 2nds for them.

The main reason for not arguing if love, shumpett and a late first have enough value for cousins is that it's not even close to realistic so I guess it's a waste to discuss whether I man shumpert has the huge value you think he does

What? Jesus...why do I even talk to people here?

I am not saying Shumpert is on the same level as those guys.

I'm telling you that Kyrie, Shump, Lebron, Love, Moz/Thompson makes way more sense than a team of Kyrie, ?, Lebron, ? Cousins/Thompson.

You kill Lebron's value with this trade. You hurt Kyrie's value with this trade. You make the team far less versatile. You really hurt Thompson's value as playing him with Cousins would make no sense consistently.

It's just not close to as good of a team.

sfballa13
06-28-2015, 11:50 AM

Cavs should trade Irving/Varejao for Cousins/Collison

Collison / Delladova
Shumpert / FA
Lebron / FA
Love / Thompson
Cousins / Mozgov

DMAVS41
06-28-2015, 11:55 AM
Cavs should trade Irving/Varejao for Cousins/Collison

Collison / Delladova
Shumpert / FA
Lebron / FA
Love / Thompson
Cousins / Mozgov

That's better, but why trade Kyrie? I think having him next to Lebron is more valuable here than Cousins.

You are putting all the burden on Lebron to run the offense without Kyrie.

Yea, Cousins/Love/Thompson/Moz would destroy teams, but a heavy burden would still fall on Lebron to make it all work.

I actually think Kyrie on this Cavs team is more valuable than Cousins would be if the supporting casts stayed roughly the same.

You just get into diminishing returns arenas when you have 4 bigs like that...not to mention you are extremely weak at guard.

FatComputerNerd
06-28-2015, 12:02 PM
Kyrie is pretty much un-touchable unless he doesn't return to form after the knee injury.

And yeah, TT/Love/Moz/Varejao should allow us to provide plenty of rest for our bigs.

We need to bring back our free-agents (including J.R...he was huge for us up until the finals) and stand pat IMO.

Hey Yo
06-28-2015, 12:09 PM
He :mad: :mad: :mad: ^^^

DMAVS41
06-28-2015, 12:10 PM
Kyrie is pretty much un-touchable unless he doesn't return to form after the knee injury.

And yeah, TT/Love/Moz/Varejao should allow us to provide plenty of rest for our bigs.

We need to bring back our free-agents (including J.R...he was huge for us up until the finals) and stand pat IMO.

I'd add that they should make a move with the Haywood contract and filler.

Simply no reason, basketball wise, not to add another player...even if it's not a home run or something.

97 bulls
06-28-2015, 12:33 PM
What about Thompson? You guys really believe tye Cavs will have 4 max players on their squad? Cuz theres gonna be some teams out there willing to offer it to him

FatComputerNerd
06-28-2015, 01:42 PM
I'd add that they should make a move with the Haywood contract and filler.

Simply no reason, basketball wise, not to add another player...even if it's not a home run or something.

Yeah. Hopefully we can use that contract to add another serviceable PG (or combo-guard)

Not good having to rely on Delly and only Delly if Kyrie gets hurt again.

I still hope Mo comes back.. Panthro FTW!

Meticode
06-28-2015, 01:45 PM

Say good bye to the Cavaliers spacing they want to keep.

DMAVS41
06-28-2015, 02:20 PM
What about Thompson? You guys really believe tye Cavs will have 4 max players on their squad? Cuz theres gonna be some teams out there willing to offer it to him

Yes. The only reason not to would be Gilbert not wanting to spend the money.

They can't get better or retain cap space by not paying Thompson.

ajnapoleon
06-28-2015, 02:27 PM
I thought he was leaving:biggums:

Optimus Prime
06-28-2015, 02:31 PM
Nothing on LeSPN about it, so just another useless Twitter rumor.

:kobe:

JohnMax
06-28-2015, 02:37 PM
smh love you coulda gone to a contender

have fun losing in the finals next year

ALBballer
06-28-2015, 02:50 PM
Why would he opt out if he was staying all along? Possibly sign a short term contract (1 year and 2nd year player option to get the new max)?

FireMcFailPlease
06-28-2015, 03:10 PM
smh love you coulda gone to a contender

have fun losing in the finals next year
what team is a contender that would've signed Love and better than Cleveland?

FireDavidKahn
06-28-2015, 03:21 PM
Why would he opt out if he was staying all along? Possibly sign a short term contract (1 year and 2nd year player option to get the new max)?
Just guessing that is he preparing for the cap increase to get a higher long term contract.

SwishSquared
06-28-2015, 03:23 PM
Time to package Harris + Haywood for Jared Dudley. Then use mini MLE on Aaron Brooks. Then Cavs would be legit 10 deep.

Also, if they snag Love for the 5 year max this offseason, more power to them. Less luxury tax burden when the cap explodes- they might even get the MLE in 2017.

chips93
06-28-2015, 04:07 PM
Nothing on LeSPN about it, so just another useless Twitter rumor.

:kobe:

this post both bashes and validates espn :hammerhead:

k0kakw0rld
06-28-2015, 04:32 PM
He is a 26/12/4 guy...Next!

PickernRoller
06-28-2015, 04:41 PM
Poor Love. He deserves what he gets at this point.

RedBlackAttack
06-28-2015, 05:07 PM
Jason Lloyd is still maintaining that he's going to sign a 5-year max this offseason. Whether or not this is true, I guess we'll find out in a few days.

One reason for him just doing a longterm deal, though, is pretty obvious... it's a safety net. First of all, I'd have a hard time turning down $100 million if my boss offered it to me, even if I could potentially get $150 million by waiting a year. What if my performance declines? What if I were to get sick or injured?

Not every player can do it the way LeBron has done it. You need to look no further than Dwyane Wade to see the potential repercussions of signing a short-term deal assuming everything would be the same the next offseason. Things in the NBA are never that static. Now, Wade and the Heat are reportedly at odds over how much money he deserves. That's not the position a player wants to be in.

Kevin is worth a max contract right now and the Cavs are going to give it to him. That's hard to turn down, especially when you just had your season end due to an injury.

FireDavidKahn
06-28-2015, 07:26 PM
No team is going to give TT the max.:oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
06-28-2015, 07:27 PM
Love, who is a free agent this summer, will be offered a 5-year deal worth $110 million by the Cavaliers, reports Brian Windhorst of ESPN.
That's my boy. Can't root against the guy who got us Wiggins:bowdown:

nba_55
06-28-2015, 07:31 PM
Anyone with a brain knew he would stay. LOL at Lebron haters acting like he was gone after opted out :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Meticode
06-28-2015, 07:33 PM
He'll get the max or close to it. It doesn't matter, the Cavs are going to be over the cap anyway. Gilbert has said multiple times in the past he doesn't mind spending the money. And he's going to be spending it this year big time.

RightTwoCensor
06-28-2015, 07:34 PM
That's my boy. Can't root against the guy who got us Wiggins:bowdown:
What are they doing?

Why are they committing so much money to their frontcourt?

Meticode
06-28-2015, 07:36 PM
What are they doing?

Why are they committing so much money to their frontcourt?
Becuase they're front court is key to them winning a championship. They want to keep it intact and hopefully have a healthy Varejao (getting less minutes than in the past) to add to that as well.

daily
06-28-2015, 07:42 PM
:applause: I think most of Laker nation breathed a sigh of relief but it is Amico who's wrong more times than not

RightTwoCensor
06-28-2015, 07:44 PM
Becuase they're front court is key to them winning a championship. They want to keep it intact and hopefully have a healthy Varejao (getting less minutes than in the past) to add to that as well.
Their backcourt is the reason they lost the Finals, they need more shooting and scoring from their guard position outside of Kyrie Irving and if the Cavaliers keep wasting their cap space on rebounders when only one of them stretches the floor then I can't see them ever winning a championship.

Who was the last team stacked with multiple big men and absent on scoring guards and wings to win a championship?

Meticode
06-28-2015, 07:49 PM
Their backcourt is the reason they lost the Finals, they need more shooting and scoring from their guard position outside of Kyrie Irving and if the Cavaliers keep wasting their cap space on rebounders when only one of them stretches the floor then I can't see them ever winning a championship.

Who was the last team stacked with multiple big men and absent on scoring guards and wings to win a championship?
Well what do you want them to do? Not offer Thompson the max or Love the max and have them walk? They're not going to get anyone to replace them because they won't have the money. Just because they don't sign those players doesn't mean money is freed up to make such moves afterwards.

The Cavaliers either sign those players and keep their core intact or not sign them and get worse no matter what they do.

RightTwoCensor
06-28-2015, 08:04 PM
Well what do you want them to do? Not offer Thompson the max or Love the max and have them walk? They're not going to get anyone to replace them because they won't have the money. Just because they don't sign those players doesn't mean money is freed up to make such moves afterwards.

The Cavaliers either sign those players and keep their core intact or not sign them and get worse no matter what they do.
The Cavaliers can find another stretch big man to replace Kevin Love if all they're looking for out of him is three point shooting and rebounding. To Cleveland, he shouldn't be worth the max.

Tristan Thomson won't command the max from an open market. He'll be offered around $14,000,000 to $16,000,000.

Anderson Varejao isn't worth his contract when you factor the limited production he'll give a team with his injury history. I still think to this day that it was a bad move to resign him, and he resigned AFTER he was deemed out for the season.

Mozgov has to stay.

So far, Lebron James (the General Manager) has done a bad job at balancing his team with enough shooting, passing, and defending to beat great teams. He's been focusing too much on making his friends (Varejao) happy, keeping his agent's clients happy (Thompson), and mending shaky relationships (Love).

Cleveland is nothing but Kyrie Irving, Lebron James, and rebounders. They have no offensive system to make players' jobs easier. I just don't see that team winning it all. Teams like that never win it all, there has to be a balance of shooting, defending, rebounding, and passing that makes you an elite two way team.

Love, Mozgov, Thompson, and Varejao could hog up to $50,000,000 in cap space for the Cavaliers, and you can only play two of them at a time max. You can find a cheaper Cavaliers' Kevin Love and you can find a cheaper garbage man like Anderson Varejao, that money needs to be spent on wing help.

J Shuttlesworth
06-28-2015, 08:37 PM
Laker fans awfully quiet after claiming he was coming to LA so religiously.

I guess we'll start hearing the "we never wanted him anyway" excuses.

Bond007
06-28-2015, 09:01 PM

I personally dont want him:confusedshrug:
would like L.A. over him any day

CelticBaller
06-28-2015, 09:07 PM
I personally dont want him:confusedshrug:
would like L.A. over him any day
that was quick

DonDadda59
06-28-2015, 09:11 PM
Dude will be the highest paid scapegoat in Sports. :applause:

Hey Yo
06-28-2015, 09:15 PM

They were claiming that while he was still in Minny before the trade.

:oldlol:

"no way Dwight turns down an extra 30mil, PLEASE STAY"

"we didn't want him back anyway"

RedBlackAttack
06-28-2015, 10:06 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/2hqyt15.jpg

https://twitter.com/JensenClan88/status/615330787366297600

:applause:

9erempiree
06-28-2015, 10:09 PM
Thank goodness Love is staying.

I don't want him coming to L.A.

RedBlackAttack
06-28-2015, 10:12 PM
Thank goodness Love is staying.

I don't want him coming to L.A.
Definitely don't want to fool with the chemistry of that 21-win team.

imnew09
06-28-2015, 10:26 PM
Kevin love never made it to the playoff , and prolly only one time above .500. Losing mentality are no no. Glad he is staying. His 3s sucks and cant defend

RedBlackAttack
06-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Kevin love never made it to the playoff , and prolly only one time above .500. Losing mentality are no no. Glad he is staying. His 3s sucks and cant defend
Sounds like you have a really comprehensive understanding of his game.

Right now, the Lakers' roster consists of an old and injured Kobe Bryant, the corpse of Carlos Boozer, a talented rookie no one has seen play in the NBA, another talented second-year guy who has already suffered a season-ending injury ... and really nothing else of note.

But, their fans have no interest in a 26-year-old 3x All-Star, 2x All-NBA player and an Olympian.

Makes sense.

Btw, the Timberwolves went from 40 wins with him in 2014 to 16 wins without him (and Wiggins in his place) in 2015.

But yeah... he sucks.

L8kersfan222
06-29-2015, 01:17 AM
Remember when Lebron left Cleveland RBA was riding Laker's fans dix, now he's with the Lebron fam again, #beta

RedBlackAttack
06-29-2015, 01:26 AM
Remember when Lebron left Cleveland RBA was riding Laker's fans dix, now he's with the Lebron fam again, #beta
More like "LeBron fam" came back to me and I never gave two sh!ts about Lakers fans. WTF are you even talking about?

RightTwoCensor
06-29-2015, 02:16 AM
Ryan Anderson, Wilson Chandler, Matt Barnes, and Robert Covington are reasonable and extremely cheaper replacements for Kevin Love on this Cavaliers team

2swift4u
06-29-2015, 02:26 AM
I'm not sure why people think the Cavs should get rid of Love. If Love (and Kyrie) had stayed healthy in the playoffs the Cavs most likely would have won the championship. Nobody would have said Love needs to go in that case.

RightTwoCensor
06-29-2015, 02:29 AM
I'm not sure why people think the Cavs should get rid of Love. If Love (and Kyrie) had stayed healthy in the playoffs the Cavs most likely would have won the championship. Nobody would have said Love needs to go in that case.
There's something called the Collective Bargaining Agreement you should look up. Only an idiot GM would commit $50,000,000 to four big men then have two other players on the team making max level money only to leave scraps to fill the rest of the holes on the team that were exploited for three straight games in the NBA Finals.

The goal is to win the NBA Finals, not just compete in it.

oh the horror
06-29-2015, 03:08 AM
Sounds like you have a really comprehensive understanding of his game.

Right now, the Lakers' roster consists of an old and injured Kobe Bryant, the corpse of Carlos Boozer, a talented rookie no one has seen play in the NBA, another talented second-year guy who has already suffered a season-ending injury ... and really nothing else of note.

But, their fans have no interest in a 26-year-old 3x All-Star, 2x All-NBA player and an Olympian.

Makes sense.

Btw, the Timberwolves went from 40 wins with him in 2014 to 16 wins without him (and Wiggins in his place) in 2015.

But yeah... he sucks.

You're going to sit there after how Love has looked this season and try to come like he's as good as we all thought he was on the Wolves? His stock dropped pretty sharply after this past season. That's for damn sure.

RightTwoCensor
06-29-2015, 03:30 AM
You're going to sit there after how Love has looked this season and try to come like he's as good as we all thought he was on the Wolves? His stock dropped pretty sharply after this past season. That's for damn sure.
Chris Bosh's stock didn't fall after four years of being a spot up shooter in Miami. He got multiple maximum offers from teams (including the Houston Rockets). He settled on the ultimate max offer the Miami Heat gave him making, Chris Bosh the highest paid player in the league next season.

So, no. His stock is not falling.

francesco totti
06-29-2015, 03:31 AM

When you are on better team, you gonna average less.

Sharmer
06-29-2015, 03:34 AM
Who knows where kevin love will end up?

RedBlackAttack
06-29-2015, 03:51 AM
Well, it shouldn't have. And certainly shouldn't drop to the point where a team like the Lakers, who right now have no No. 1 offensive option, should turn their noses up at him.

Love was put into a sticky situation. He came from a team where he was the unquestioned No. 1 option and immediately found himself as the third option. As a result, things were rocky on occasion. Still, he was one of only a couple players in the league who put up 16+/10. And, toward the end of the regular season and in the playoffs prior to getting hurt he was really starting to turn it on, was finding his role, etc.

I was never one of those people who thought this Cavs team would fit seamlessly together. There were always going to be growing pains. A lot of people thought it was going to be LeBron and Kyrie who clashed. Turns out Love was the odd man out for much of the early part of the season.

That shouldn't diminish him as a player, especially if put into a system that doesn't have two of the best offensive players in the league alongside him.

And, while Lakers fans seem to be all in on LMA, let me remind you that Aldridge is three years older than Love. Where NBA mileage is concerned, that's notable, especially when you are attempting to build around two very young players (Russell/Randle).