PDA

View Full Version : Where Does Bird Rank All Time Passer?

Bless Mathews
06-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Discuss.

I think he's one of goat passers.

One of highest iqs and vision of all time.

Goat white player

Prime_Shaq
06-28-2015, 11:32 PM
GOAT passing forward

Bless Mathews
06-28-2015, 11:33 PM
GOAT passing forward
Top 10 all time period?

Kvnzhangyay
06-28-2015, 11:38 PM
GOAT passing forward

Debateable, but somewhere along those lines

Still not comparable to GOAT PGs like Magic, however

Prime_Shaq
06-28-2015, 11:40 PM
Top 10 all time period?
Easily.

Magic
Stockton
Nash
Kidd
CP3
Shaq
are better, maybe I'm forgetting a few people

lilteapot
06-28-2015, 11:43 PM
Best passing forward all time after Lebron, Pippen is third

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-28-2015, 11:50 PM
Best or 2nd best with Magic, both could make passes from anywhere, any time, any range, broken plays, in the system, touch passes, lobs, fullcourt etc

CP3, Manu, Stockton, Kidd and Nash all deserve mentions too

Bless Mathews
06-28-2015, 11:57 PM
Easily.

Magic
Stockton
Nash
Kidd
CP3
Shaq
are better, maybe I'm forgetting a few people

Mark Jackson.

Bless Mathews
06-28-2015, 11:58 PM
Best passing forward all time after Lebron, Pippen is third

Worst poast of the month nominee.

:facepalm

lilteapot
06-29-2015, 12:00 AM

Of course you'd think so, you never watched Pippen or Bird play.

Rocketswin2013
06-29-2015, 12:04 AM
Kidd was better.

MrC1991
06-29-2015, 12:18 AM

What was wrong with that post? I wouldn't be mad at all if you said Lebron over pip in passing and im a huge pippen stan.

Prime_Shaq
06-29-2015, 12:26 AM
Mark Jackson.
He played well within a system but I don't think his overall passing was at the level of players I mentioned.

Bless Mathews
06-29-2015, 12:39 AM
Of course you'd think so, you never watched Pippen or Bird play.

That's you typing about yourself little teapot.

Bird > bron passing. Not even close.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EhnRtgBGMl4

Bless Mathews
06-29-2015, 12:40 AM
He played well within a system but I don't think his overall passing was at the level of players I mentioned.

:biggums:

He's up there bruh

illmaticone
06-29-2015, 12:44 AM
Best passer that didn't play PG. Definitely top 10 passers of all time and potentially top 5.

bizil
06-29-2015, 12:45 AM
As far as pure passing vision, Bird doesn't take a backseat to ANYBODY! From a stationary position, he's arguably the greatest passer of all time. But guys like Magic, Stockton, Kidd, Isiah, CP3, and Nash were PG's. So they had great handles with great pace to go with their great passing skills. They were better breaking down the defense and creating for teammates than Bird. Lebron also that edge on Bird as well.

But with that said, I got Bird in the top ten passers of all time. The size of Bird, Magic, and Bron make them kind of in their own league though. They can look over the defense in a way the other epic passers couldn't:

Magic
Stockton
Kidd
Nash
Cousy
Big O
CP3
Isiah
Lebron
Bird

All of these guys could pass their teammates open. And see shit develop better than everybody else. And most of them were also very stylish passers as well.

illmaticone
06-29-2015, 12:47 AM
Only players I'd put above Bird are Magic, Stockton, Nash, and Jason Kidd. Bird is in my top-5.

Round Mound
06-29-2015, 01:03 AM
As far as pure passing vision, Bird doesn't take a backseat to ANYBODY! From a stationary position, he's arguably the greatest passer of all time. But guys like Magic, Stockton, Kidd, Isiah, CP3, and Nash were PG's. So they had great handles with great pace to go with their great passing skills. They were better breaking down the defense and creating for teammates than Bird. Lebron also that edge on Bird as well.

But with that said, I got Bird in the top ten passers of all time. The size of Bird, Magic, and Bron make them kind of in their own league though. They can look over the defense in a way the other epic passers couldn't:

Magic
Stockton
Kidd
Nash
Cousy
Big O
CP3
Isiah
Lebron
Bird

All of these guys could pass their teammates open. And see shit develop better than everybody else. And most of them were also very stylish passers as well.

The Bold and The Best Passing Non Guard Ever.

Harison
06-29-2015, 04:24 AM
GOAT passing SF, arguably the best passing big ever. Top10 passer among all positions, someone may even argue Top5 and I wont disagree.

finchyyy
06-29-2015, 05:34 PM
Top 5 passer ever, if not the best ever.

SHAQisGOAT
06-29-2015, 06:07 PM
GOAT non-guard passer.

Top10 passer of all-time.

Larry can't quite play the point as other tall players like Magic or even LeBron, due to lack of the type of lateral quickness those players have... But Bird's a better pure passer than LeBron, for example.

Not to mention that his basketball IQ was unreal.

andgar923
06-29-2015, 07:53 PM
GOAT non-guard passer.

Top10 passer of all-time.

Larry can't quite play the point as other tall players like Magic or even LeBron, due to lack of the type of lateral quickness those players have... But Bird's a better pure passer than LeBron, for example.

Not to mention that his basketball IQ was unreal.

this