PDA

View Full Version : DeAndre Jordan to the Mavericks?

bdreason
06-29-2015, 06:26 AM
Parsons working his magic again.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh236/bdreason/chandler-parsons-large-msg-136776929607_zpsjkmdk7jc.jpg (http://s257.photobucket.com/user/bdreason/media/chandler-parsons-large-msg-136776929607_zpsjkmdk7jc.jpg.html)

MellowYellow
06-29-2015, 06:31 AM
Really think they should pursue lma and gasol b4 going to DeAndre.

fiddy
06-29-2015, 06:33 AM
Id laugh my ass off if he leaves the Clippers

JerryWest
06-29-2015, 06:37 AM
Why? The clippers suck

uber
06-29-2015, 06:49 AM
so Chandler to the Bucks?

StephHamann
06-29-2015, 07:22 AM
The Mavs suck, best case scenario

??? Beverly?
??? Danny Green?
Parsons
Dirk
DeAndre

This team may win 50 games, but still no contender.

Cone
06-29-2015, 07:23 AM
The Mavs suck, best case scenario

??? Beverly?
??? Danny Green?
Parsons
Dirk
DeAndre

This team may win 50 games, but still no contender.

Having Ellis in place of Green makes them wayyyy better. Shame they let him go.

Who is gonna score on that team? Dirk cant do it all by himself anymore.. he needs another shot creator/play maker and Parsons certainly isnt that guy.

Carter_17
06-29-2015, 07:37 AM
Doesn't matter who their sing at 5. Without Ellis, unless they manage to sign like smith+green or trade for a combo guard, they will be a lottery team.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-29-2015, 07:44 AM
Mavs will be better without Ellis. People will see a big jump in Parsons next year. Carlisle wanted to run the offense through him last year. But couldn't because of Ellis.

Carter_17
06-29-2015, 08:13 AM
Mavs will be better without Ellis. People will see a big jump in Parsons next year. Carlisle wanted to run the offense through him last year. But couldn't because of Ellis.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Parson is pure garbage for the money he takes. Ellis is the best guard your team had since you drafted Dirk.
And without Ellis your guard rotation will be something like:
JJ/Felton/Harris :roll:
30 wins is this team's celling ( and thats only cause the coach is GOAT)

UK2K
06-29-2015, 08:14 AM
I read he was favoring going to Houston despite Dwight being there.

It won't matter, they don't have the cap room to sign him.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-29-2015, 08:16 AM
Parson is pure garbage for the money he takes. Ellis is the best guard your team had since you drafted Dirk.
JJ/Felton/Harris
30 wins is this team's celling

JJ won't be back. Ad I imagine they will sign a point guard. A 3 and D shooting guard will be more valuable than what Ellis brought to the team.

Having Jordan and signing someone like Danny Green/Wes Matthews will make the Mavs better than:

Ellis/Chandler.

KyrieTheFuture
06-29-2015, 08:17 AM

JJ/Felton/Harris :roll:
30 wins is this team's celling ( and thats only cause the coach is GOAT)
Didn't Steve Nash play with dirk

ArbitraryWater
06-29-2015, 08:21 AM
Ellis
LMA
Dirk
Jordan

Carter_17
06-29-2015, 08:22 AM
JJ/Felton/Harris
30 wins is this team's celling

JJ won't be back. Ad I imagine they will sign a point guard. A 3 and D shooting guard will be more valuable than what Ellis brought to the team.

Having Jordan and signing someone like Danny Green/Wes Matthews will make the Mavs better than:

Ellis/Chandler.

Good luck finding a guard who can put 20/4 every night and play the amount of minutes Ellis does. Also good luck with Matthews coming from that injury. Who's gonna handle the ball btw? The PG who you will sign with the minimum or Danny Green?

Carter_17
06-29-2015, 08:24 AM

Not in his Peak.

StephHamann
06-29-2015, 08:26 AM
Good luck finding a guard who can put 20/4 every night and play the amount of minutes Ellis does. Also good luck with Matthews coming from that injury. Who's gonna handle the ball btw? The PG who you will sign with the minimum or Danny Green?

Carlisles free flowing offense doens not need a ball hog. That's why Rondo sucked so much, and Ellis was stopping the free flow from time to time by taking lots of stupid shots.

TBF he was hitting ridicoulus shots at a very high % in the 4th quarter last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RkP2e8jJ30 he hit those shots consistent. :bowdown:

Carter_17
06-29-2015, 08:35 AM
Carlisles free flowing offense doens not need a ball hog. That's why Rondo sucked so much, and Ellis was stopping the free flow from time to time by taking lots of stupid shots.

TBF he was hitting ridicoulus shots at a very high % in the 4th quarter last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RkP2e8jJ30 he hit those shots consistent. :bowdown:

Ye Carlisles free flowing offence will magicaly make Green move from 11 PPG to 20 PPG with a PG on minimum wage running the offense.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-29-2015, 08:36 AM

He's averaged 19 the last two years for the Mavs. And wasn't an all-star either year. That won't be that hard to replace. His penetration may be hard to replace. His long twos will be easy to replace. Ellis cannot hit 3s. He loves the take one dribble inside the line and shoot. Most inefficient shot in basketball. He shot:

39% 3-10 feet
42% 10-16 feet
44% 16 feet to the 3 point line
29% three point shot

His defense will be easily replaced, considering he is terrible. He cannot guard point guards or shooting guards.

And Jordan will be a lot better than Chandler as well. Don't want to get specifics but Jordan's increased workload on offense will absorb a lot of those points. Jordan averaged 20/15 for the time that Paul was out last year. If he goes to the Mavs you will see his PPG jump from 12 PPG to around 17-18 PPG with the Mavs.

StephHamann
06-29-2015, 08:42 AM
Ye Carlisles free flowing offence will magicaly make Green move from 11 PPG to 20 PPG with a PG on minimum wage running the offense.

We will see, i don't think Jordan will come and i think the Mavs will blow it all up.

Dirk will be even more washed up, because he plays Euro Baskets this summer.

Carter_17
06-29-2015, 08:42 AM

He's averaged 19 the last two years for the Mavs. And wasn't an all-star either year. That won't be that hard to replace. His penetration may be hard to replace. His long twos will be easy to replace. Ellis cannot hit 3s. He loves the take one dribble inside the line and shoot. Most inefficient shot in basketball. He shot:

39% 3-10 feet
42% 10-16 feet
44% 16 feet to the 3 point line
29% three point shot

His defense will be easily replaced, considering he is terrible. He cannot guard point guards or shooting guards.

And Jordan will be a lot better than Chandler as well. Don't want to get specifics but Jordan's increased workload on offense will absorb a lot of those points. Jordan averaged 20/15 for the time that Paul was out last year. If he goes to the Mavs you will see his PPG jump from 12 PPG to around 17-18 PPG with the Mavs.

Same question to you : Who's is going to run the freaking offense? Felton? The spot up shoter you gonna sign at 2? Harris who is injured until January every year? The PG you gonna sign for the minimum?
And you acting like Ellis ability to penetrate and shot 2s are not that big of a deal to lose, when you team will have limited salary cap and plenty of holes to fill.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-29-2015, 08:50 AM
[B]Same question to you : Who's is going to run the freaking offense? Felton? The spot up shoter you gonna sign at 2? Harris who is injured until January every year? The PG you gonna sign for the minimum?
And you acting like Ellis ability to penetrate and shot 2s are not that big of a deal to lose, when you team will have limited salary cap and plenty of holes to fill.

I'm not sure who the PG will be. But the Mavs will be better with a 3 and D at SG and Deandre than they were with Ellis/Chandler.

And a minimum wage point guard a la Jameer Nelson will be just fine as the token starter.

Carter_17
06-29-2015, 08:58 AM
[B]Same question to you : Who's is going to run the freaking offense? Felton? The spot up shoter you gonna sign at 2? Harris who is injured until January every year? The PG you gonna sign for the minimum?

I'm not sure who the PG will be. But the Mavs will be better with a 3 and D at SG and Deandre than they were with Ellis/Chandler.

And a minimum wage point guard a la Jameer Nelson will be just fine as the token starter.

Nelson
Mathhews/Green
Parson
Dirk
DeAndre

Bench: Harris/Felton/2 Bad rookies + 3/4 on minimum

10th spot at best in the West.

R.I.P.
06-29-2015, 09:00 AM

Parson is pure garbage for the money he takes.

LOL.

If he gets Jordan and Matthews to sign with the Mavs he

miles berg
06-29-2015, 09:01 AM
Nash, Finley, Kidd, & Jet were all better guards in Dallas than Ellis was.

ralph_i_el
06-29-2015, 09:05 AM
And Jason Kidd.....and Jason Terry

"KyrieTheFuture" makes sense you would overrate Ellis.

LoneyROY7
06-29-2015, 09:08 AM
Wouldn't even bat an eye.

Carter_17
06-29-2015, 09:14 AM
Nash, Finley, Kidd, & Jet were all better guards in Dallas than Ellis was.

Ellis was the only Mavs player not named Dirk to average more than 20 ppg in the playoffs.

alenleomessi
06-29-2015, 09:28 AM
as long as he doesnt go to the lakers i dont care.. clips need a high-IQ center next to blake.. doesnt have to be a beast.. just make your free throws and dont do dumb shit

brownmamba00
06-29-2015, 09:35 AM
He's not leaving LA imo...it's gonna be the Clipps or Lakers.

And why is Dallas even going after him when they can sign Chandler to half what DJ is asking for? They don't even have a PG to work with Dirk and DJ.
Unless Cuban thinks Parsons is a franchise player this isn't the best fit for both sides.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-29-2015, 09:44 AM
He's not leaving LA imo...it's gonna be the Clipps or Lakers.

And why is Dallas even going after him when they can sign Chandler to half what DJ is asking for? They don't even have a PG to work with Dirk and DJ.
Unless Cuban thinks Parsons is a franchise player this isn't the best fit for both sides.

I believe so as well. He's just a better fit for both LA teams tbh

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-29-2015, 09:49 AM
The reason you go after DJ over Tyson is due to age + stamina.

DJ is a workhorse. Chandler at 33 is not. DJ can still grow offensively, and be close a 20 PPG player. Tyson Chandler is maxed out in that department.

And in about a year or two after getting Tyson, you will have to be looking for another center again since he will be too old to play quality starting minutes.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-29-2015, 09:50 AM
And I'm not convinced that the Mavs will get Jordan. But then again... Parsons lured one center away from LA a few years ago......

DMAVS41
06-29-2015, 11:12 AM

Maybe at the end of the year, but there is no way in hell they make that Rondo trade if they thought Parsons could have a quality offense run through him...

Also, if Parsons plays like a 16 million dollar a year player and we fill out this roster with guys like the above...this team is really good.

I just have my serious doubts that Parons at the 3 and Dirk at the 4 can work...getting a guy like Jordan at center goes a long way though. If we got Green at the sg as well (not sure the cap stuff works for that)....the defense would be far less troubling.

We have to get plus defenders at every position around Parsons/Dirk.

This would be Parsons best "play" as a Mav. If he swings Jordan...it will be very good for the franchise.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-29-2015, 11:41 AM
Maybe at the end of the year, but there is no way in hell they make that Rondo trade if they thought Parsons could have a quality offense run through him...

It wasn't Parsons lack of playmaking for the reason why the pulled the trigger on Rondo. It was because Ellis can't play off the ball. And we as Mav fans got a glimpse of that after the Rondo trade. Ellis sucked when he wasn't ball dominant.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-29-2015, 11:48 AM
Excerpt from Mavsmoneyball:
Bryan Gutierrez

“I’ll be in charge probably on one of them (the meetings), for sure, but it’s a team effort,” Parsons said. “When it comes to something like this, you hit them with everything. You show them things that are going to happen. You show them videos and try to make them feel as comfortable as possible and make it happen. It’s different every meeting.”

Parsons is likely selling Jordan on the fact that he can come to Dallas and do what Parsons did: look to take his game to a new level and come into his own and get the credit and love they want and become the player he knows he can become. Jordan would have more of a role in Dallas compared to in LA with the Clippers. With Parsons likely handling the ball more, he would look to feed the big man on lob passes and up his scoring average. He’s been averaging around six field goal attempts per game. With Parsons operating more and Dirk continuing to scale back and preserve himself for later in the season, Jordan could easily get more touches and with them being high-percentage touches, his scoring average would continue to ascend upward. If that’s the case, and his rebounding numbers stay elite, people will start talking about Jordan as an All-Star candidate with more legitimacy.

This is all under the framework that Parsons makes his pitch and, more importantly, is healthy. He commented on how his health is and how he’s working to expand his game.

“I obviously don’t want to miss any time (in the regular season), and I’m doing everything I can to be back at the start,” Parsons said. “It’s progressing very well. It’s one of those things where it’s day-to-day and see how I feel. My workouts get adjusted to how its responding each day, but I think it’s great. It’s given me a time to really work on my body.

“I’m the strongest I’ve ever been. My hips are getting looser. I’m working on ball handling and form shooting. I’m taking this time to do a lot of things that I’ve never really had a chance to do in my career. Like I said when it happened, I’m trying to make a negative into a positive, and the swelling is down. It’s feeling good.”

If he is healthy and ready to go, Parsons is expected to take on more responsibility for creating and generating offense for the Mavericks. Anyone you talk to with the Mavericks say that Parsons’ play before he was shut down for the remainder of the playoffs said that he proved himself to be capable of running the show. With Monta Ellis not likely to return as a Maverick, that opens things up for Parsons, where he can follow up on the likely comments he’s making to Jordan in that he’ll be able to put him in positions to succeed offensively.

“That’s the reason I came here,” Parsons said on the potential of his role expanding next season: “That was the plan for me: to come here for a bigger role, and to be a star. I think I’m more than ready to do that.

“Last year, it took me a year to get comfortable. Monta had some games for us and a lot of the offense ran through him. Obviously with him possibly not coming back, I will see more touches, the offense will go through me, the ball will be in my hands more. I’ll get a chance to do what I do best and get everyone involved and play that point forward position that I can do just as good as anyone in the league.”

Parsons has a chance to come into his own even more next season, but he also has the chance to show his value even more this summer. If he’s able to work his magic and the recruiting powers work, anyone who doubted his contract from last season won’t have much to dispute going forward.

Mass Debator
06-29-2015, 11:51 AM
If he does, I hope the Clippers reunite Tyson Chandler and David West with CP3.

gasolina
06-29-2015, 11:51 AM
We have to get plus defenders at every position around Parsons/Dirk.
QFT. Ellis was my favorite Mav in Dirk's twilight years. I thought he and Dirk formed a much more dynamic p&r better than Dirk/Terry.

That said, Terry came off the bench... and guess who spent time at the wings? Defenders like Marion, Stevenson, Kidd (not putting Peja here) :lol

I agree that I can't see how Parsons/Dirk would work in the offense. I don't think Parsons can be a primary P&R handler. Also Dirk is too old to be option 1A.

DMAVS41
06-29-2015, 12:14 PM

It wasn't Parsons lack of playmaking for the reason why the pulled the trigger on Rondo. It was because Ellis can't play off the ball. And we as Mav fans got a glimpse of that after the Rondo trade. Ellis sucked when he was ball dominant.

Why would you make a trade for Rondo (completely ball dominant)...if you thought Ellis can't play off the ball at all...and the team would be better with Parsons running more of the offense through him?

I agree with some of what you say, but Ellis isn't as bad as you say. Like any player, he's better in a role well suited for him.

The 13 Mavs were a very under-rated team here. We should have built more like that. The Calderon for Chandler trade was great....and we needed to surround Dirk/Ellis with defensive minded 3 and D guys.

We decided to go with Parsons. I think it was a huge mistake. Last year certainly supports me on that.

We'll see how it goes from here. If he gets healthy and plays better in a bigger role...and lands Jordan for us...I'll likely change my tune.

But I think the Ellis/Dirk/Tyson combo with plus defenders at the other positions and guys like Harris, Barea, Aminu....that team is way better than you are letting on in my opinion....especially as we could have signed Ariza and IT or some other guard.

And then made a trade for a guy like Mozgov or another big rather than the Rondo trade.

That is what I would have done...said so dating back to early last summer.

We'll see what happens...I have no problem giving Parsons credit if he earns it.

catch24
06-29-2015, 12:28 PM
Wouldn't be a steal, but it would be great to pick him up.

Its obvious that our FO took a big a gamble on selecting Russell (which I supported) instead of Okafor.

So maybe picking up Russell was the best thing since it will force the FO to get a good big. DJ would help our defense leaps and bounds.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-29-2015, 12:32 PM
Ariza is still a first round exit. And Parsons is younger, can become a legit 20 PPG scorer. And can be the "recruiter". Not sure how last year was a mistake.

The only mistake they made last year was getting Rondo. Not sure they would have still made it past the first round.

But signing Parsons is what the franchise needs to bridge the gap when Dirk retires.

DMAVS41
06-29-2015, 12:39 PM
Ariza is still a first round exit. And Parsons is younger, can become a legit 20 PPG scorer. And can be the "recruiter". Not sure how last year was a mistake.

The only mistake they made last year was getting Rondo. Not sure they would have still made it past the first round.

But signing Parsons is what the franchise needs to bridge the gap when Dirk retires.

This is where we disagree. I don't think we are a first round and out team with Ariza/IT last year. In fact, I think we could have made a run.

We also would never had made the Rondo trade if we signed a pg like we should last summer. We need to realize this. We left a hole at pg by signing all of our cap on Parsons. That forced our hand to make the Rondo trade. If we don't have that hole...we package Wright/Crowder and the pick for something else...Mozgov would have been an option actually.

Now, like I said, if Parsons turns into a player worth his contract and he recruits Jordan...and it works on the court. Then I'll give him credit and the signing will make a lot more sense. Parsons alone isn't worth it...Parsons/Jordan as a package....yea...I agree with you that would make it worth it for the future.

But I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think Jordan is coming to us. Hope he is, but I don't. Just don't think it makes sense for him to come here over the Clippers.

Why wouldn't Jordan sign a 1 and 1 with the Clippers? He makes the most money and it gives him the best chance to win.

Again, hope he comes, but lets not pretend like it's happening for sure or something.

bdreason
06-30-2015, 05:38 AM
I think the two most important questions for Jordan are; how much does Dirk have left? And how far is Parsons willing to go?

StephHamann
06-30-2015, 05:44 AM
And how far is Parsons willing to go?

In the recruiting process?

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/ii8UG.jpg

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 09:32 AM
I think the two most important questions for Jordan are; how much does Dirk have left? And how far is Parsons willing to go?

Dirk will be similar to Duncan. He will be a high end role player.

If Jordan wants to make an all-star team, then he should go to Dallas. He will not a shot in LA because the Clips will never really get 3 all-stars in the game. (Paul/Griff/Jordan). In Dallas, he will have a much better chance.

And age, financially, ownership/coach, and competing right now... Dallas is in just as good of shape as the Clips.

DMAVS41
06-30-2015, 09:56 AM

Dirk will be similar to Duncan. He will be a high end role player.

If Jordan wants to make an all-star team, then he should go to Dallas. He will not a shot in LA because the Clips will never really get 3 all-stars in the game. (Paul/Griff/Jordan). In Dallas, he will have a much better chance.

And age, financially, ownership/coach, and competing right now... Dallas is in just as good of shape as the Clips.

We could be, but right now we don't have a team.

We will likely look to off load Felton....so we literally have 3 players right now. An aging, but still good player in Dirk, an often injured backup pg, and an unproven/injured player making star level money that hasn't done anything to prove he's a star.

Now, you bring in Jordan and fill out that roster and it could be real nice, but we don't have Paul/Griffin locked up or anything similar to that. The Clippers are better right now...

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 10:01 AM
We could be, but right now we don't have a team.

We will likely look to off load Felton....so we literally have 3 players right now. An aging, but still good player in Dirk, an often injured backup pg, and an unproven/injured player making star level money that hasn't done anything to prove he's a star.

Now, you bring in Jordan and fill out that roster and it could be real nice, but we don't have Paul/Griffin locked up or anything similar to that. The Clippers are better right now...

Yes, DMavs... they will only play with 4 players all year instead of filling out the roster.

DMAVS41
06-30-2015, 10:06 AM
And it depends on how they do that.

To claim we are in as good as shape as a team like the Clippers going forward with 3 real players on the roster...with all 3 of them having large question marks....is silly.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 10:12 AM
To claim we are in as good as shape as a team like the Clippers going forward with 3 real players on the roster...with all 3 of them having large question marks....is silly.

Middle of the road playoff team is in the same boat. But I know you like to argue just to argue for argument's sake. The Clippers have won 1 playoff series with Paul/Griffin. They have absolutely no depth and never will.

And if the Mavs land Jordan... the Clips are going to be in a world of hurt, because Jordan is the backbone of that team.

Yeah they aare just as good as the Clips. You are forgetting that you are including the guy you are signing.

DMAVS41
06-30-2015, 10:17 AM

Middle of the road playoff team is in the same boat. But I know you like to argue just to argue for argument's sake. The Clippers have won 1 playoff series with Paul/Griffin. They have absolutely no depth and never will.

And if the Mavs land Jordan... the Clips are going to be in a world of hurt, because Jordan is the backbone of that team.

Yeah they aare just as good as the Clips. You are forgetting that you are including the guy you are signing.

It's not arguing just to argue.

Paul and Griffin are just flat out better than anything we have. Currently we aren't in remotely as good of shape as the Clippers.

We can get to that place, but we aren't there yet.

The Clippers were probably the 4th or 5th(at worst) best team in the league last year...you are under-rating them.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 10:24 AM
The Clippers were probably the 4th or 5th(at worst) best team in the league last year...you are under-rating them.

And the Mavs were like the 7th. Not underrating anything. There was two "good" teams last year. GS and the Spurs. Everyone else: LA/Mem/Dallas/Hou/Clev/Chicago... were all on the tier below.

Carter_17
06-30-2015, 10:47 AM

And the Mavs were like the 7th. Not underrating anything. There was two "good" teams last year. GS and the Spurs. Everyone else: LA/Mem/Dallas/Hou/Clev/Chicago... were all on the tier below.

No way SA was in the same tier with GS.

Tier 1 : GS
Tier 2 : SA, Rockets, Memphis, Cleveland and maybe boarderline Clippers
Tier 3 : Chicago, Dallas,Wizards, ATL

DMAVS41
06-30-2015, 10:56 AM

Sigh....

Just no. The Clippers were on that SA tier.

And again....we don't have the same players on this team. The Clippers added Lance...who will make them better than Barnes/Hawes did...and can still improve one of the best rosters in the league.

Again, the clear cut best player on the Mavs is an aging and slowing role player Dirk. A great role player mind you, but a role player.

Then it's the corpse of Felton, an often injured aging Harris, an injured/unproven player in Chandler that is eating up cap while being paid like a star despite not playing like a star.

If you think that is comparable to Paul/Griffin and the rest of the Clippers right now.

You've lost it.

It's you that is just arguing to argue...you are doing in this thread and the other one about LMA.

And please stop quoting like that....

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Splitting up the bottom playoff teams imo is kind of pointless. Nearly every team (including the Pelicans) could have made the ECFs or Finals had they been in the other conference.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 10:58 AM

Well, results say otherwise.

ArbitraryWater
06-30-2015, 12:59 PM
Arash Markazi: DeAndre Jordan is looking for a 4-year deal and a bigger role on offense. Not exactly what the Clippers want to hear. http://es.pn/1C5nmLd

"bigger role on offense" lol

DMAVS41
06-30-2015, 01:08 PM

Well, results say otherwise.

What?

The Clippers beat the Spurs.

What are you talking about? Please explain...

DMAVS41
06-30-2015, 01:10 PM
Arash Markazi: DeAndre Jordan is looking for a 4-year deal and a bigger role on offense. Not exactly what the Clippers want to hear. http://es.pn/1C5nmLd

Great news for Mavs.

He wants to sign a 4 year deal with a player option...regardless of where he goes...so that means the Clippers can't even often more money now.

And bigger role on offense?

Nothing is a better sell than Dirk/Parsons playing next to him. He'll have the most room out of any center in the league next to those guys when he gets into the post.

dazzer87
06-30-2015, 01:31 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25228353/knicks-reportedly-offering-deandre-jordan-second-option-on-offense

Knicks........:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ArbitraryWater
06-30-2015, 04:00 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/80bc8aaa974144a91c2a0e4797cf666d.png

I dont know, site isnt too popular (follower wise), take it for what its worth.. probably a guess based off all the reports.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 04:08 PM
The idea of him wanting to be an all-star and be a feature on offense makes Dallas more enticing than LA. Now will that lure him away from nice weather, etc. We shall see.

But if wants to be considered more than just a third wheel... he would come to Dallas.

pastis
06-30-2015, 04:23 PM
this Deandre Jordan hype is so ironic. seriously, switch Tyson chandler with DJ last season and playoffs. where do we land? cmon. maybe we would have won in the RS 3, 4 more games (not sure tough) and we still wouldnt have passed first round i guess.

so DJ wants the max, but he clearly isnt a franchise player. i dont care about the new TV deal etc, where even lowskilled player will earn their 10 mio.
DJ isnt a franchise player and he is the opposite of clutch. cant hit a FT for his life. he will bring us a little bit more stability on the defense, but not that much all those people think.

he isnt a factor. will he have some more ppg with the mavs? not sure. I think grffin, an high assist PF and CP3 are arguably in a better position to make a lob - pass than harris or JJ (lol) or even Parsons.
but ok, even if hypothetically DJ will raise his PPG, will 3 or 4 more dunks a game be a game changer. cmon..:facepalm

so imo this DJ deal would only make sense if he steps up in a huge way in 2-3 years, which he imo he isnt capable of.

Fiasco
06-30-2015, 05:24 PM
I already feel sorry for Mavs fans if DJ does sign there for the max.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 05:38 PM

You shouldn't.

Fiasco
06-30-2015, 05:42 PM

You shouldn't.

The Mavericks are about to dedicate $80 million to a basketball player that can't play basketball outside of 6 feet from the rim.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 05:50 PM
The Mavericks are about to dedicate $80 million to a basketball player that can't play basketball outside of 6 feet from the rim.

Well, Shaq couldn't play basketball outside of 6 feet either. Jordan isn't Shaq. But Jordan is probably the best PnR finisher in the league. He cannot create offense for himself. But he is Top 5 in rebounding. And he is an absolute quality anchor.

That for a max deal is nothing to feel sorry about. Parsons/Deandre pnr will be huge considering all advanced metrics showed Parsons was one of the highest efficiency on pnrs.... and with Dirk on the weakside shooting a 3 off of that pnr between Deandre and Parsons?

Yeah that is worth a max. Especially when in a year or two, Dirk will be nothing more than a spot up shooter.

Springsteen
06-30-2015, 06:59 PM
Well, Shaq couldn't play basketball outside of 6 feet either.

Shaq could create his own offense. :confusedshrug:

FireDavidKahn
06-30-2015, 07:10 PM

Well, Shaq couldn't play basketball outside of 6 feet either. Jordan isn't Shaq. But Jordan is probably the best PnR finisher in the league. He cannot create offense for himself. But he is Top 5 in rebounding. And he is an absolute quality anchor.

That for a max deal is nothing to feel sorry about. Parsons/Deandre pnr will be huge considering all advanced metrics showed Parsons was one of the highest efficiency on pnrs.... and with Dirk on the weakside shooting a 3 off of that pnr between Deandre and Parsons?

Yeah that is worth a max. Especially when in a year or two, Dirk will be nothing more than a spot up shooter.
Shaq was arguably the most dominant low post player ever.:oldlol: :facepalm

Fiasco
06-30-2015, 07:25 PM
Well, Shaq couldn't play basketball outside of 6 feet either. Jordan isn't Shaq.

I think it's pretty clear who's doing the most with proximity to the basketball net. Really don't understand the parallel you're trying to make here.

But Jordan is probably the best PnR finisher in the league. He cannot create offense for himself.

I'm aware he plays with the best pick and roll point guard in the league. And I'm also aware he is an offensive liability without someone to create a shot for him. Because I actually watch Deandre Jordan play basketball.

But he is Top 5 in rebounding. And he is an absolute quality anchor.

Please refer to this article which effectively shows why he's not as good as any of the raw numbers suggest.

http://bballbreakdown.com/2015/04/17/why-deandre-jordan-doesnt-deserve-dpoy-consideration/

Parsons is not Chris Paul. The Mavericks are not the Clippers offensively. The team he plays for has much to do with his personal success.

Cone
06-30-2015, 07:53 PM
mavs shoulda traded parsons and re-signed Ellis. Mavs dont have a shot creater and playmaker. Parsons isnt that guy.. ellis didnt stop him from doing anything.. parsons is just average at best.

beverly
ellis
3 n D sf (ariza)
dirk
deandre

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

As an OKC fan, that would have worried me.. but this upcoming mavs are gonna be soft af

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 11:59 PM
I think it's pretty clear who's doing the most with proximity to the basketball net. Really don't understand the parallel you're trying to make here.

Just saying that just because he can only play about 6 feet and in doesn't mean he will be useless or worth a max contract.

I'm aware he plays with the best pick and roll point guard in the league. And I'm also aware he is an offensive liability without someone to create a shot for him. Because I actually watch Deandre Jordan play basketball.

I've watched him too. I also saw him average double figures without Paul and Griffin the last two years.

Please refer to this article which effectively shows why he's not as good as any of the raw numbers suggest.

And they compared him with three other DPOY candiadates. I never said he was the best defender in the league. I said he was he a good anchor and one of the best rebounders. Nothing in that article disputed what I wrote.

And I will tell you this: Jordan may have been taken out of the game at the end because of free throws. But if GS had Deandre over Bogut... Kerr would not have sat him. Because offensively Deandre would have been finishing off of pnrs that Bogut cannot do.

Parsons is not Chris Paul. The Mavericks are not the Clippers offensively. The team he plays for has much to do with his personal success.

Well, the Devin Harris/Chandler or Devin/Brandan Wright pnr was lethal the last two years.... Deandre is a lot better than Wright.

You don't have to be a great player on the pick and roll. Dallas runs pnr perhaps more than any team. Btw, with that pnr philosophy the Mavs were number 1 in offense until the Rondo trade.

Jordan will be fine without Paul.

StephHamann
07-01-2015, 04:47 AM
https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/616107780215173120

While Clippers free agent center DeAndre Jordan is having dinner with the Mavericks tonight, the Clippers, Knicks & Lakers also put in calls

Dinner is better than calls right?