PDA

View Full Version : Should The Knicks Sign Wade?

NewYorkNoPicks
06-29-2015, 04:23 PM
The only reason I present this idea is due to the situation of owing our unprotected draft pick to Toronto (via denver) next season.

Therefore nothing can be gained from having a terrible season aside from developing Porzingis, who would be unaffected by the Wade signing.

Signing Greg Monroe alone will not catapult this team out of the lottery. Could Wade help the Knicks grab the 8th seed?

My only issue with Wade is my perception that he tends to coast these days; he no longer has the fire he did in '06.

outbreak
06-29-2015, 04:24 PM
no they should rebuild

NewYorkNoPicks
06-29-2015, 04:25 PM
no they should rebuild

No 2016 draft pick, no point in losing this season

Sarcastic
06-29-2015, 04:28 PM
No 2016 draft pick, no point in losing this season

Or trade pieces away and get draft picks back.

DaSeba5
06-29-2015, 04:28 PM
You're only going to get him for 2-3 more years if that. The Knicks aren't competing for anything. Why waste the money on an aging star when you should be focusing on rebuilding? Now if he was younger and you were looking to build around him as your franchise player, then yes. But this isn't like the Nets and Wizards signing Pierce. The Knicks don't have that many pieces and you will have a ton of money going to two aging stars.

smoovegittar
06-29-2015, 04:31 PM
Typical Knick fan reaction. Sit back and let Jax rebuild this team, please. No one out there is gonna get us over the hump next year.

BTW, did you really think Wade would leave Miami? It's like thinking Kobe would leave LA - NOT happening.

Meticode
06-29-2015, 04:33 PM
Can't rebuild that well when Carmelo has all that money going to him for them to tank.

NewYorkNoPicks
06-29-2015, 04:38 PM
Not my 1st choice.

I personally wanted Jax to trade the 4th pick to Boston for a deal that included atleast the Nets 2016 unprotected pick to ensure we could do a proper rebuild

r15mohd
06-29-2015, 04:39 PM
i can see it happening...Wade and Melo are good friends, too. wouldn;t be surprised to bring a bit more stardom to MSG with Wade being picked up.

if the nYk didn't grab Wade, it's not as if they have much of an upside to look forward too...might as well. however, Miami will end up hating Wade (not as bad as some of them hating Lebron, for whatever reasons they may have :facepalm ) but with e rejuvenate Knicks/Heat rivalry, can certainly see him become a bit of a bad guy to the Heat fanbase...and particularly Riley

smoovegittar
06-29-2015, 04:41 PM
Can't rebuild that well when Carmelo has all that money going to him for them to tank.
Rebuilding just fine - with or without him, thanks.

niko
06-29-2015, 04:54 PM
Not my 1st choice.

I personally wanted Jax to trade the 4th pick to Boston for a deal that included atleast the Nets 2016 unprotected pick to ensure we could do a proper rebuild
So you wanted us to trade a great prospect for a bunch of shitty prospects and a pick that might not even be lottery? That's brilliant.

DaSeba5
06-29-2015, 04:58 PM
I understand he sacrificed for the better of the team, but he's not worth Kobe money that will cripple us. So if the Knicks really want him, I don't see him saying no to top dollar. He's good friends with Melo too.

NY is my biggest concern when it comes to losing Wade.

Knicks101
06-29-2015, 05:06 PM
God no.

aj1987
06-29-2015, 05:17 PM
however, Miami will end up hating Wade (not as bad as some of them hating Lebron, for whatever reasons they may have :facepalm
The vast majority won't hate him. They are already hating on Riley and Arison for not giving Wade the money he wants. He'll still be loved in Miami and it'll still be Wade county.

If he does leave, I hope he goes to the Bucks or the Suns.

NewYorkNoPicks
06-29-2015, 05:32 PM
So you wanted us to trade a great prospect for a bunch of shitty prospects and a pick that might not even be lottery? That's brilliant.

Oh whats up f@ggot? Nice seeing you again after such a long time.

Secondly the Nets are horrible, their unprotected picks are some of the most valuable assets in the league. Do you honestly think theyll be making the playoffs with Joe Johnson another year older and another year of Deron Williams barely trying?

They have virtually zero assets or ways to improve that roster. A capped out team that can not sign anyone and albatross contracts that no team in their right mind would trade for unless it was a problem player.

The Celtics offered 6 draft picks for the 9th pick... Do you really think that wouldnt help the Knicks rebuild?

This was a 3 player draft where we selected 4th; Porzingis is a gamble. To move back in the draft to where the Celtics selected while acquiring 5 other draft picks would have been a smart move

r15mohd
06-29-2015, 05:59 PM
The vast majority won't hate him. They are already hating on Riley and Arison for not giving Wade the money he wants. He'll still be loved in Miami and it'll still be Wade county.

If he does leave, I hope he goes to the Bucks or the Suns.

you obviously don't understand the Miami/NY rivalry...and I know it from both ends because I'm a Jets fan who hates the Dolphins and a Heat fan who can care less for the Knicks (tho I've always like Starks).

if he's playing for the Knicks, he will be hated, not because he left the Heat but because he plays for the Knicks...and anyhow the Knicks do any better than the Heat, it's start stinging a bit more to where they take him leaving as a wrong.

you can put Lebron in this to a degree...he left us after 4 final and on top, yet majority of the Heat hate him. they could care less about what he's done...they don't even bring up the short comings of Bosh/Wade over the losses, but Lebron is now a villain to a lot of Miami. it's stupid, but it's real and even more so because they're winning and came pretty close to a title.

again, it is a far stretch for the Knicks to be that much successful but give them the benefit of the doubt and anyhow they succeed...the ill-remarks will go to Wade. it's just reality.

i would like to see him on the Bucks tho...he could show the youngings something there to benefit them greatly.

aj1987
06-29-2015, 06:33 PM
you obviously don't understand the Miami/NY rivalry...and I know it from both ends because I'm a Jets fan who hates the Dolphins and a Heat fan who can care less for the Knicks (tho I've always like Starks).

if he's playing for the Knicks, he will be hated, not because he left the Heat but because he plays for the Knicks...and anyhow the Knicks do any better than the Heat, it's start stinging a bit more to where they take him leaving as a wrong.

you can put Lebron in this to a degree...he left us after 4 final and on top, yet majority of the Heat hate him. they could care less about what he's done...they don't even bring up the short comings of Bosh/Wade over the losses, but Lebron is now a villain to a lot of Miami. it's stupid, but it's real and even more so because they're winning and came pretty close to a title.

again, it is a far stretch for the Knicks to be that much successful but give them the benefit of the doubt and anyhow they succeed...the ill-remarks will go to Wade. it's just reality.

i would like to see him on the Bucks tho...he could show the youngings something there to benefit them greatly.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You don't understand people. Literally no one gives a shit about the Heat-Knicks "rivalry" anymore. This is 2015, kid. Even if it still mattered, people in Miami LOVE Wade and are starting to Hate Riley and Arison for not giving him the money. You're a Heat "fan" and you don't know that? You might want to actually read a couple of Heat message boards or blogs or whatever. Those Cleveland blogs don't really talk about Wade/Heat, I'm assuming.

Patrick Chewing
06-29-2015, 08:27 PM
Or trade pieces away and get draft picks back.

The only trade-able piece is Carmelo. The way I see it, the Knicks should do all they can to win next season knowing full well that they can't rebuild through the draft.

I think in Grant, and Porzingis, they do have their PG and PF/SF of the future.

r15mohd
06-29-2015, 08:34 PM
You don't understand people. Literally no one gives a shit about the Heat-Knicks "rivalry" anymore. This is 2015, kid. Even if it still mattered, people in Miami LOVE Wade and are starting to Hate Riley and Arison for not giving him the money. You're a Heat "fan" and you don't know that? You might want to actually read a couple of Heat message boards or blogs or whatever. Those Cleveland blogs don't really talk about Wade/Heat, I'm assuming.

smh...obviosuly it's not a rivalry lately and thats due to the Kicks being the bottom feeder they are. but reference to where I said if the Knicks start winning or become relevant, or to even the Knicks topping Miami with Wade on the Knicks...the rivalry will become alive once again.

you need to learn to read everything in context before spewing out garbage and labeling everyone a stan as your line of defense :rolleyes:

aj1987
06-30-2015, 05:16 AM
smh...obviosuly it's not a rivalry lately and thats due to the Kicks being the bottom feeder they are. but reference to where I said if the Knicks start winning or become relevant, or to even the Knicks topping Miami with Wade on the Knicks...the rivalry will become alive once again.

you need to learn to read everything in context before spewing out garbage and labeling everyone a stan as your line of defense :rolleyes:
You actually probably need to study what the **** is going on before you post. The Knicks were pretty decent in '12 and '13. Won 55 games, if I'm not mistaken. The rivalry is a thing of the past. Why do you always keep posting about stuff you literally have no idea about?

r15mohd
06-30-2015, 09:48 AM
You actually probably need to study what the **** is going on before you post. The Knicks were pretty decent in '12 and '13. Won 55 games, if I'm not mistaken. The rivalry is a thing of the past. Why do you always keep posting about stuff you literally have no idea about?

again, if the team is irrelevant there certainly wouldnt be a rivalry like the older days...you again, overlook the fact that i said if the Kicks begin to win and if Wade shines during it.

bringing up a quick stint of the Knicks having any impact is pretty dumb over that 1yr they were actually considered "good"...not to mention the factor that if Wade is picked up by the Knicks, it puts more wieght to the rivalry :facepalm

on any sport: have you seen what former star players going to another team, and especially from ones that left on bad terms, have been? a rivalry is instantly born...Cavs vs Heat because of Lebron, Dwight with Orlando even LAL has a bit of rivalry in that they want to see the said player fail. same scenario applies here.

aj1987
06-30-2015, 10:09 AM
on any sport: have you seen what former star players going to another team, and especially from ones that left on bad terms, have been? a rivalry is instantly born...Cavs vs Heat because of Lebron, Dwight with Orlando even LAL has a bit of rivalry in that they want to see the said player fail. same scenario applies here.
The people in Cleveland hated LeBron and the same with Dwight. Difference is the people in Miami don't hate Wade and they won't even if he signs with the Knicks, ****tard. Get that through your thick skull. You might want people in Miami to hate him, but it's not going to happen. The only 2 people booing Wade would be Riley and Arison.

Derka
06-30-2015, 10:15 AM
i can see it happening...Wade and Melo are good friends, too. wouldn;t be surprised to bring a bit more stardom to MSG with Wade being picked up.

if the nYk didn't grab Wade, it's not as if they have much of an upside to look forward too...might as well. however, Miami will end up hating Wade (not as bad as some of them hating Lebron, for whatever reasons they may have :facepalm ) but with e rejuvenate Knicks/Heat rivalry, can certainly see him become a bit of a bad guy to the Heat fanbase...and particularly Riley

I don't think Knick fans want star power; they want a winner sooner rather than later. Signing Wade for Wade money and getting the 8 seed in a shitty conference isn't re-energizing anything.

r15mohd
06-30-2015, 12:43 PM
The people in Cleveland hated LeBron and the same with Dwight. Difference is the people in Miami don't hate Wade and they won't even if he signs with the Knicks, ****tard. Get that through your thick skull. You might want people in Miami to hate him, but it's not going to happen. The only 2 people booing Wade would be Riley and Arison.

didn't people in Miami love Brian Cox when on the Dolphins, he left on good terms...guess what happened when he suited up for the Jets?

what about Shaq, he was pushed out LA (nothing of his doing) and the Laker fanbase, primarily Kobe-stans, hated him with endless passion. even to this day, many cant even give him the credit for leading the 3peat. :confusedshrug:

Riley has no ill-remarks for Wade...but he will feel a way if he goes to nYk. just because of the backdated rivalry, and it likely come back to life with him in a Knicks jersey and them have any success. if he goes there and the Knicks are non existent still...well Riley will just give you the smirk, the I told you so face

http://www.fitzandvig.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/riley-500x281.jpg

r15mohd
06-30-2015, 12:45 PM
I don't think Knick fans want star power; they want a winner sooner rather than later. Signing Wade for Wade money and getting the 8 seed in a shitty conference isn't re-energizing anything.

ehh...they arent going to land a "winner", so they'll chase guys like Wade and Brook Lopez at this point.

Nastradamus
06-30-2015, 12:57 PM
Wade and Monroe would be interesting. Maybe Brandan Wright with the MLE?
THrow in a few guys like Shved and Gallinari

SwishSquared
06-30-2015, 01:06 PM
Would the Knicks be better off just signing a good bunch of role players this summer, chase a low playoff seed, and then have ample space to land 1 or 2 potentially high-impact guys next summer?

Signing Wade would be a big name, but he's basically a lock to miss 20 games annually and only makes the roster older. I think they should look at guys like Corey Joseph, Danny Green, D. Carroll, Aminu, Biyombo, etc. to build depth and provide some defense. Maybe look into Robin Lopez or trading for Hibbert (how much does Indy want for him?).

coin24
06-30-2015, 01:10 PM
Knicks definitely need to sign some guys and try to push for a playoff spot. They don't have a pick in the next draft so tanking is pointless. It didn't work for them this year so they need to try a different approach..

Not sure about wade though, what other options are there?

Derka
06-30-2015, 01:13 PM
ehh...they arent going to land a "winner", so they'll chase guys like Wade and Brook Lopez at this point.
To what end? It still won't put a winner on the floor or put asses outside of the die hards in the seats.

r15mohd
06-30-2015, 01:26 PM
To what end? It still won't put a winner on the floor or put asses outside of the die hards in the seats.

the winner they chose is Melo, they have to find complimentary players...but the sucky part is no one is really wanting to go to NY unless compensated from what I see.

so you're stuck overpaying for guys like Wade, Lopez, etc.

and regardless, MSG will always be full...even as much as they've sucked the past 15yrs, they have no issues selling seats. giving them something to cheer for is the real story...it's why i think someone like Wade would help that notion, he's got superstar/all-star status behind his name and they can compete for the bottom 4 spots of the East, but that's not saying much when you have teams like the Cavs, Heat pushing the bill, the Bulls, and Wizards thriving to kick their hopes down come the 1st round.

SwishSquared
06-30-2015, 01:46 PM
Knicks offering Affalo ~$12M/year apparently, maybe slightly more. Don't think Wade is signing with the Knicks in this case.

niko
06-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Knicks offering Affalo ~$12M/year apparently, maybe slightly more. Don't think Wade is signing with the Knicks in this case.
Knicks aren't offering that much. Word know is Afflalo wants to limit his years so he can recoup money on the back end. If it was $12M a year no way he does that.

r15mohd
06-30-2015, 01:56 PM

it would be pretty humiliating for Wade if he has an offseason like he did last summer...he opted out, awaiting teams to shoot him offers, and not one team sent an offer his way.

you'd think he'd get at least some sort of reaction from them but nothing...he certainly should have picked up his option. he benefited best from it thru and thru.

niko
06-30-2015, 01:58 PM
it would be pretty humiliating for Wade if he has an offseason like he did last summer...he opted out, awaiting teams to shoot him offers, and not one team sent an offer his way.

you'd think he'd get at least some sort of reaction from them but nothing...he certainly should have picked up his option. he benefited best from it thru and thru.
There's not a chance in hell he winds up with less money. Picking up his option helps Miami more than Wade and Wade doesn't need to take it up the ass so Miami ahs a good team.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-30-2015, 01:58 PM
D-Wade isn't wasting away in New York. Dude still has enough game to help out immediate contenders.

Nothing more humlilating than the summer LeBron had in 2011. I'm sure we agree there.

r15mohd
06-30-2015, 02:02 PM
There's not a chance in hell he winds up with less money. Picking up his option helps Miami more than Wade and Wade doesn't need to take it up the ass so Miami ahs a good team.

so being on a contender doesnt benefit him, which is exactly what Miami. more to it than just collecting pay...how happy is he really going to be for the next 3yrs if he's picked up by LA or someone like the Bucks who have little to not hopes for anything other than 1st round exits?

but he gets paid...so whoopay, right? :confusedshrug:

r15mohd
06-30-2015, 02:04 PM
D-Wade isn't wasting away in New York. Dude still has enough game to help out immediate contenders.

Nothing more humlilating than the Summer LeBron had in 2010. I'm sure we agree there.

what immediate contender can offer him what's he's looking for? he was getting $12mil a year for the next 3 years if he opted in and next season's Heat can surely be the best contention for a Cavs team if fully healthy.

so who exactly would be able to pick him up at he $18-20m he wants and be in immediate contention?

and is this about Lebron? :rolleyes: :facepalm

SwishSquared
06-30-2015, 02:14 PM
Knicks aren't offering that much. Word know is Afflalo wants to limit his years so he can recoup money on the back end. If it was $12M a year no way he does that.Saw it on r/nba, somebody posted a link to a reporter's tweet. Knicks offering 3 years in the range of $12M/year. Don't know if any year is option, but I'd assume the last year is.

Either way, I think Knicks signing Wade, Affalo, or both is a bad idea. Would much rather sign better defenders and a couple shooters, then pounce in FA next season. The ceiling on this team is a first round exit anyway. May as well build a foundation for better players to be signed next season.

I'd sign CoJo, Carroll, Aminu, and trade for Splitter (giving minimal up for him b/c it's a salary dump for LMA) before inking Affalo to that kind of deal.

aj1987
06-30-2015, 02:37 PM
what about Shaq, he was pushed out LA (nothing of his doing) and the Laker fanbase, primarily Kobe-stans, hated him with endless passion. even to this day, many cant even give him the credit for leading the 3peat. :confusedshrug:

Riley has no ill-remarks for Wade...but he will feel a way if he goes to nYk. just because of the backdated rivalry, and it likely come back to life with him in a Knicks jersey and them have any success. if he goes there and the Knicks are non existent still...well Riley will just give you the smirk, the I told you so face

Kobe stans, dip shit. How ****ing dumb are you? Legit Laker fans still love Shaq and what he did for their franchise.

Again, even if Wade goes to NY, there's literally no chance he's getting booed at AAA. Unless you fly in from Cleveland just to boo him. You'll definitely get your ass kicked if you do that, BTW.

r15mohd
06-30-2015, 02:51 PM
Kobe stans, dip shit. How ****ing dumb are you? Legit Laker fans still love Shaq and what he did for their franchise.

Again, even if Wade goes to NY, there's literally no chance he's getting booed at AAA. Unless you fly in from Cleveland just to boo him. You'll definitely get your ass kicked if you do that, BTW.

first you threaten to punch me in my face...now want to kick my ass. all these e-thug emotions you have. :roll: :roll: :roll: how's defending Lebron been, seen you've been actively posting on his behalf lately. thought you said it was a finals thing :rolleyes: lol...such a phony, then want to call me a "stan" :facepalm :facepalm

you are delusional...they'll do exactly what the Lakers did for Shaq when he returned as a Heat, what Miami did for Lebron when he came to Miami, etc.. they get a standing ovation initially and then booed later on and especially if the opposing team is winning.

even Babe Ruth got booed at Fenway after being traded by Boston to the Yankees. you obviously don't know sports and fans if you think Wade goes unscathed while in a Knicks uniform...a rival, at that between the two cities. :facepalm

aj1987
06-30-2015, 03:21 PM
first you threaten to punch me in my face...now want to kick my ass. all these e-thug emotions you have. how's defending Lebron been, seen you've been actively posting on his behalf lately. thought you said it was a finals thing :rolleyes: lol...such a phony, then want to call me a "stan"
Reading comprehension... :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Got back to kindergarten and take English classes, dude. After you're done sucking off LeBron and Riley.

So, I'm a LeBron stan, a Wade stan, been called a Kobe stan before, and a Heat stan (whatever the **** that is) as well. :applause:

you are delusional...they'll do exactly what the Lakers did for Shaq when he returned as a Heat, what Miami did for Lebron when he came to Miami, etc.. they get a standing ovation initially and then booed later on and especially if the opposing team is winning.
LeBron and Shaq were never as loved and Wade is in Miami, you nugget. :facepalm

even Babe Ruth got booed at Fenway after being traded by Boston to the Yankees. you obviously don't know sports and fans if you think Wade goes unscathed while in a Knicks uniform...a rival, at that between the two cities.
Don't give a shit about that garbage ass sport. I do, however, know that you're an idiot who doesn't know how big Wade is in Miami.

smoovegittar
06-30-2015, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=SwishSquared]Would the Knicks be better off just signing a good bunch of role players this summer, chase a low playoff seed, and then have ample space to land 1 or 2 potentially high-impact guys next summer?

Most sensible thing I've read in this thread so far. Phil's no fool...

red1
06-30-2015, 05:16 PM
please god no