PDA

View Full Version : WOJ BOMB: LMA's decision will come down to Spurs or staying with Blazers

Alamо
06-30-2015, 06:10 AM
https://instagram.com/p/4icIvfHYSj/

"My sources tell me this ultimately will come down to the Spurs or taking that 5th year that Portland can guarantee him"

"He's gone," a source close to Aldridge said. "There's a 99.9 percent chance that he's out of Portland."

http://i.minus.com/ibqSexEXz4XC0e.gif

http://media.giphy.com/media/cbG9wtoO8QScw/giphy.gif

bobopenguin
06-30-2015, 06:13 AM
bummer!:(

Spurs5Rings2014
06-30-2015, 06:19 AM
:banana:

Alamо
06-30-2015, 06:24 AM
http://www.q5radio.nl/data/themes/q5radio/tagbox/smileys/sombrero.gif

keep-itreal
06-30-2015, 06:24 AM
inb4lakers

EllisGW
06-30-2015, 06:31 AM
woj sucks at predicting.....he is good at being the first to report

fiddy
06-30-2015, 06:35 AM
too old anyway, welcome DJ :applause:

Kawhi
06-30-2015, 06:43 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/EvilGlamorousFreshwatereel.gif

Harison
06-30-2015, 06:44 AM
Spurs FO is GOAT :bowdown: :bowdown:

Smook A.
06-30-2015, 06:47 AM
LOL at Woj if neither one of those things happen :lol

Spurs m8
06-30-2015, 06:57 AM
If we sign Kawhi for 5 AND Lemarcus at all, I might even have a drink

coin24
06-30-2015, 06:57 AM
Smokescreen. He's coming to the lakers book it.
Duncan is gone in a year with pops to probably follow. Parker is now a scrub and manu is well past his prime..

rmt
06-30-2015, 07:09 AM
Duncan is gone in a year with pops to probably follow. Parker is now a scrub and manu is well past his prime..

And Leonard turned 24 yesterday and has FMVP and DPOY awards - he's more promising than anyone the Lakers have.

Alamо
06-30-2015, 07:17 AM
LOL at Woj if neither one of those things happen :lol

At least he will be the first one to report it not happening.

Alamо
06-30-2015, 07:18 AM

Nah. I read somewhere that LMA actually wants to win. Sorry Lakers fans

coin24
06-30-2015, 07:18 AM
And Leonard turned 24 yesterday and has FMVP and DPOY awards - he's more promising than anyone the Lakers have.

The lakers have #24:bowdown:

QuebecBaller
06-30-2015, 07:20 AM
I just saw a article on a NBA news site that LMA will have a meeting with the Raptors

:eek: :eek:

(can't really post the link... it's from an ISH competitor)

triangleoffense
06-30-2015, 07:30 AM
LOL @ spurs trying to take away scouting from the Lakers

GTFO

aj1987
06-30-2015, 07:35 AM
The lakers have #24:bowdown:
You do know that Kobe is going to retire after next season, right?

If the Spurs pull it off... :bowdown: :bowdown:

pastis
06-30-2015, 07:53 AM
dont understand the us "reporters". yesterday Lakers favorite, now SPurs, last week mavs. are they taking their job serious? either you write nothing or you write just 100% the truth

R.I.P.
06-30-2015, 08:01 AM
Love when Woj acts like he has actual sources outside of bugging the league phone. He

UK2K
06-30-2015, 08:17 AM
The rich get richer.

And by rich, I mean the SW division.

Toughest division in all of sports.

:rockon:

T_L_P
06-30-2015, 08:22 AM
Spurs are gonna have to trade a big for an extra backcourt player, otherwise things will turn ugly in a minute.

niko
06-30-2015, 08:53 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Love when Woj acts like he has actual sources outside of bugging the league phone. He

Rocketswin2013
06-30-2015, 08:57 AM
So he's basically going to the Spurs. I'm interested in who they'll keep and lose in this.

K Xerxes
06-30-2015, 09:08 AM

This GIF is hilarious, but can anyone tell me what Duncan is ACTUALLY doing with his hand?

alanLA92
06-30-2015, 09:09 AM
Spurs make the most sense snice his addition prob make them the favorites to win it next year. Then again, I said the same thing about Gasol last year and he ended up with the Bulls.

Haymaker
06-30-2015, 09:13 AM
Spurs are gonna have to trade a big for an extra backcourt player, otherwise things will turn ugly in a minute.

Splitter is most likely gone, also Joseph. Not sure what will happen with Green though.

Smoke117
06-30-2015, 09:14 AM
He's very overrated, but SA is definitely a good place for him.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 09:20 AM
They will also have to lose Danny Green as well as Splitter for it to happen.

Alamо
06-30-2015, 09:28 AM
He's very overrated, but SA is definitely a good place for him.

Not many options with Danny Green and Ginobili both possibly leaving. Spurs don't really have a chance if they don't sign anybody.

UK2K
06-30-2015, 09:37 AM

Heard Blazers want Splitter.

Probably a S&T

Alamо
06-30-2015, 09:41 AM
LMA is currently shopping for houses in San Antonio

http://national.suntimes.com/nba/7/72/1383229/lamarcus-aldridge-looking-for-house-san-antonio

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah157/Keepreal123/1434819609090_zpsqdggz5vd.gif

Myth
06-30-2015, 09:51 AM
If this is true, why is LMA meeting with several other teams when free agency starts?

I do hope it is true though.

DMAVS41
06-30-2015, 09:53 AM

Not if they do a sign and trade and stay over the cap actually.

They could sign and trade splitter and parts for LMA...then retain Green because they'd be over the cap and the rules allow this.

I don't know if that is what would happen, but throw in a pick and that seems like a decent deal for the Blazers if he's walking.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 09:57 AM

They could sign and trade splitter and parts for LMA...then retain Green because they'd be over the cap and the rules allow this.

I don't know if that is what would happen, but throw in a pick and that seems like a decent deal for the Blazers if he's walking.

That will depend on timing and scheduling. Because of the cap holds, etc.... they have to o all the sign and trades and re-sign guys like Manu/Duncan etc, before another team offers Green a contract worth say 10-12 million dollars.....

christian1923
06-30-2015, 09:59 AM
The rich get richer.

And by rich, I mean the SW division.

Toughest division in all of sports.

:rockon:
ACC Basketball

keep-itreal
06-30-2015, 09:59 AM

http://national.suntimes.com/nba/7/72/1383229/lamarcus-aldridge-looking-for-house-san-antonio

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah157/Keepreal123/1434819609090_zpsqdggz5vd.gif

imnew09
06-30-2015, 10:11 AM
Prolly saw the tax rate at LA.

I honestly want to see Randle develop instead of giving max to an unoroven winner

Derka
06-30-2015, 10:13 AM
Talk about a great situation to walk into...awesome money, historic franchise, playing with a Top-10 All-Time player for at least a year probably.

Biggest thing: how is Pop going to get him to buy in after Duncan and Ginobili are gone? Can LMA be the guy who carries the torch going forward if this goes down? Should be interesting.

wakencdukest
06-30-2015, 10:13 AM
If this is true, why is LMA meeting with several other teams when free agency starts?

I do hope it is true though.

Leverage, meeting with the Lakers will drive the price up.

DMAVS41
06-30-2015, 10:14 AM

That will depend on timing and scheduling. Because of the cap holds, etc.... they have to o all the sign and trades and re-sign guys like Manu/Duncan etc, before another team offers Green a contract worth say 10-12 million dollars.....

Exactly. So they can actually sign Green if they figure out a sign and trade with the Blazers just like I said.

The timing and stuff won't be easy, but certainly possible.

And the Blazers should do that if he's gone regardless. Splitter is an asset to either keep or turn around and move again...and I bet they could get a pick out of this as well.

Sucks...because Green would be great on the Mavs. Hopefully this doesn't work out for the Spurs on the Green front.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 10:19 AM
Exactly. So they can actually sign Green if they figure out a sign and trade with the Blazers just like I said.

And the Blazers should do that if he's gone regardless. Splitter is an asset to either keep or turn around and move again...and I bet they could get a pick out of this as well.

Sucks...because Green would be great on the Mavs. Hopefully this doesn't work out for the Spurs on the Green front.

Anything is possible. It's possible that LMA signs with the Knicks. But we are talking about what is probable.

And signing LMA means Green and Splitter are gone.

DMAVS41
06-30-2015, 10:25 AM

Anything is possible. It's possible that LMA signs with the Knicks. But we are talking about what is probable.

And signing LMA means Green and Splitter are gone.

Jesus man...no it doesn't.

It would be more about the Spurs not wanting to pay the tax than it would be about making it all work timing wise.

But here is the thing...the basketball landscape for the cap is going to change dramatically. So maxing out guys or paying a guy like Danny Green a ton of money actually makes sense this summer with the cap increases coming next summer and beyond.

The Spurs could go over the cap this year and pay the tax, but then get back under easily next year.

Those guys aren't idiots.

I agree Green could be gone like I've repeatedly said and hoped, but it's not a lock. There are real ways to get this done via a sign and trade and time the Leonard stuff and other stuff right so they can sign Green and pay the tax for a year.

DMAVS41
06-30-2015, 10:25 AM
And can you please stop quoting like that....it's really annoying.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 10:26 AM

Nope. Because I can hit quick reply and bold it. Makes it so much simpler.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 10:29 AM

It would be more about the Spurs not wanting to pay the tax than it would be about making it all work timing wise.

But here is the thing...the basketball landscape for the cap is going to change dramatically. So maxing out guys or paying a guy like Danny Green a ton of money actually makes sense this summer with the cap increases coming next summer and beyond.

The Spurs could go over the cap this year and pay the tax, but then get back under easily next year.

I agree Green could be gone like I've repeatedly said and hoped, but it's not a lock. There are real ways to get this done via a sign and trade and time the Leonard stuff and other stuff right so they can sign Green and pay the tax for a year.

Nothing is ever a lock with free agency but that is why you deal with probablility. And it is highly likely that Green/Splitter are gone for it to work. That implies they bring Manu back. If he retires from Argentina.. then that changes a lot of things.

Doranku
06-30-2015, 10:31 AM

Nope. Because I can hit quick reply and bold it. Makes it so much simpler.

Because hitting the quote button is so much more difficult than hitting quick reply. :biggums:

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 10:33 AM
Because hitting the quote button is so much more difficult than hitting quick reply.

It brings you to a different "page/screen"... I like to stay on the same screen.

Spurs5Rings2014
06-30-2015, 10:35 AM
Because hitting the quote button is so much more difficult than hitting quick reply.

It brings you to a different "page/screen"... I like to stay on the same screen.

You got dial-up?

:biggums:

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 10:38 AM
You got dial-up?

Yep. 3 channels on the monster TV, and the rabbit ears to get great reception.

Spurs5Rings2014
06-30-2015, 10:39 AM
You got dial-up?

Yep. 3 channels on the monster TV, and the rabbit ears to get great reception.

I ain't even mad.

:cheers:

DMAVS41
06-30-2015, 11:04 AM

Nothing is ever a lock with free agency but that is why you deal with probablility. And it is highly likely that Green/Splitter are gone for it to work. That implies they bring Manu back. If he retires from Argentina.. then that changes a lot of things.

Assigning probability to that is extremely difficult. Again, they can go over the cap and do this if they are willing to pay the tax.

Are you including dumping Diaw in your hypothetical? Because I'm pretty sure that would allow them to bring back Manu and Duncan and Green...

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 11:09 AM
Assigning probability to that is extremely difficult. Again, they can go over the cap and do this if they are willing to pay the tax.

Are you including dumping Diaw in your hypothetical? Because I'm pretty sure that would allow them to bring back Manu and Duncan and Green...

Nope.

DMAVS41
06-30-2015, 11:11 AM

Nope.

So why aren't you including Diaw?

Springsteen
06-30-2015, 11:25 AM

http://oi45.tinypic.com/35jksuw.jpg

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-30-2015, 11:27 AM

He's not a free agent. Unless you mean trading him. And if you do mean getting rid of him then he makes 7 million per. They would still have to trade another player because they would have to match salary (within reason) back... or pair Diaw with someone else on the roster.....

Springsteen
06-30-2015, 11:36 AM
LaMarcus Aldridge's contract with the Spurs will have a FREE @Whataburger for life clause #GSG

http://i.imgur.com/bofCGwM.gif

DMAVS41
06-30-2015, 11:40 AM

He's not a free agent. Unless you mean trading him. And if you do mean getting rid of him then he makes 7 million per. They would still have to trade another player because they would have to match salary (within reason) back... or pair Diaw with someone else on the roster.....

Yes...I mean trading him. That was the idea being floated around and that makes more sense, at least to me...

Obviously this stuff is very complicated and there are many paths to go down, but if the Spurs were to sign and trade for LMA with Splitter and Diaw...or do it a different way. I think the criticism of this is unfounded. People have been saying essentially...why would the Blazers do a sign and trade for Splitter/Diaw and a pick for LMA when they want the cap space to sign other players. I think that would be a mistake. I think the Blazers should completely rebuild if LMA leaves. They already trade Batum. If they got Splitter/Diaw...I don't think they should keep them. This reminds me of that Lakers/Hornets trade with Paul where everyone assumed they were going to keep those
guys. If the Blazers did Splitter/Diaw and a pick for LMA...they could absolutely turn around and move both Splitter and Diaw for other assets that they would want.

The Blazers just traded for Vonleh. They are going to lose Afflalo. Matthews is super risky here. They should just go full on rebuild. And it might not take long. They'd be set up to have tons of cap after this season. They already have a 24 year old all star.

Lillard/CJ/Leonard/Vonleh/Plumlee. That is a very intriguing and young group. You get a pick from the Spurs in the deal....and then flip Splitter and Diaw for a young player or two...or more picks. Suck for a year. Get a lottery pick...then have loads of cap to fill out the roster after 2016.

That is what the Blazers should do. Trying to get it all done this summer would be stupid. They should let Matthews go imo. Depending on what Robin wants, they should let him go as well, but I wouldn't be hard against signing him given his age.

As for the Spurs...

They'd only have Parker, LMA, Mills, and Anderson on the roster iirc (I'm not on computer so I can't check all this stuff...solely going off memory here). So I think that would allow them to fit in the rest of those guys were are talking about depending on the timing.

I think Green is more important for this Spurs team than Diaw would be if LMA were to come.

Collie
06-30-2015, 11:43 AM
He can make more money with PDX
He can win a ring with SA

Makes more sense than going to LA honestly.

gts
06-30-2015, 12:40 PM
Article on the hoops the Spurs will have to jump through to land Aldridge..

of note

[I]The most direct path toward landing Aldridge would seem to be a sign-and-trade with Portland, with Splitter at the center of the Spurs

DMAVS41
06-30-2015, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=gts]Article on the hoops the Spurs will have to jump through to land Aldridge..

of note

[I]The most direct path toward landing Aldridge would seem to be a sign-and-trade with Portland, with Splitter at the center of the Spurs

niko
06-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Yea...this is what my last post was on.

I think that is a big mistake by the Blazers here....depending of course on what their plans are.

If they could get Splitter, Diaw, and a pick for LMA...they could then turn around and flip those guys for things as those guys are on good contracts and have value.

Not sure their plans with Matthews and Lopez, but I wouldn't bring them back, most likely, given the state of the Blazers.

If the Blazers played their cards right....they could have a 1 year rebuild and field a very strong team after 2016.

As I said before...I think teams get too short sighted on this stuff. Acting like they can only make 1 deal. The Blazers could easily turn LMA into 2 first round draft picks, a young player, and cap space going forward if they made a deal with the Spurs.

You don't hand a conference rival a title ready roster for the next 5 years for marginal assets.

DMAVS41
06-30-2015, 01:18 PM
You don't hand a conference rival a title ready roster for the next 5 years for marginal assets.

LOL...it's predicated on him leaving regardless.

He's unrestricted....the Blazers have no say on the matter. They aren't getting anything other than marginal assets, if anything at all, if LMA leaves.

You don't turn down assets just because you are potentially woried about some hypothetical WCF in 4 years between the Blazers and Spurs....in which the odds of happening are remote to begin with...let alone that if the Blazers were there...they'd have a great team and could just win said series.

This is exactly the kind of thinking I'm talking about....

If LMA is leaving regardless. The Blazers should worry about themselves first. They should only be thinking about what helps our team and our future the most. Worrying about how good the Spurs will be should not be part of the equation for a team with pretty much every player now under 25 years old and at least 3 years from becoming a contender.

Like I said before. Splitter and Diaw can be flipped for assets the Blazers want. Those guys have real value around the league and are on good contracts. They don't have to keep them...they shouldn't keep them. You make a trade like this and it turns LMA (who leaves regardless) into real things that help the Blazers.

Now, there could be a better situation out there for a similar deal like this with another team that makes even more sense. I'm down with that.

But not doing this on the reason you gave is silly.

Alamо
06-30-2015, 01:30 PM

It's that or let him leave for nothing :hammerhead:

Real14
06-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Spurs don't need anymore help:no:

DMAVS41
06-30-2015, 01:57 PM
Spurs don't need anymore help:no:

Yea...because having Leonard/LMA going forward once Duncan/Manu retire isn't worth it....

:facepalm

Real14
06-30-2015, 02:00 PM
Yea...because having Leonard/LMA going forward once Duncan/Manu retire isn't worth it....

:facepalm

I know what you're saying but spurs have been really fortunate with 5 titles, let somebody else have a chance:facepalm

wally_world
06-30-2015, 02:05 PM
S&T Aldridge
for
S&T Danny Green
Kyle Anderson
Cory Joseph/Patty Mills
a couple of picks

Sounds about right. If salary is still an issue, Spurs can try to dump Splitter first, or include Diaw in the deal (Blazers waive him after)

DMAVS41
06-30-2015, 02:23 PM
S&T Aldridge
for
S&T Danny Green
Kyle Anderson
Cory Joseph/Patty Mills
a couple of picks

Sounds about right. If salary is still an issue, Spurs can try to dump Splitter first, or include Diaw in the deal (Blazers waive him after)

That doesn't make sense.