PDA

View Full Version : Bulls offer Butler 90 million+ 5 years

gts
06-30-2015, 01:32 PM
Bidding against themselves, should have waited and matched offers

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/13174030/jimmy-butler-remain-chicago-bulls-just-mulling-length-deal

imnew09
06-30-2015, 01:34 PM
Bidding against themselves, should have waited and matched offers

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/13174030/jimmy-butler-remain-chicago-bulls-just-mulling-length-deal

Nah . good move on giving him max first. Other teams will offer him max regardless

HurricaneKid
06-30-2015, 01:38 PM
If they don't do that he signs a 3 yr deal with the 3rd being a PO and he gets WAY more money from the Bulls in the long term.

KelticForce1349
06-30-2015, 01:39 PM
YES!!!!!! Give Jimmy the phucking money! Bulls are doomed as a franchise if they lose him. Yes, yes, yes, they are. Give Jimmy his phucking money!!!!!!!

Now sign the phucking contract Jimmy!!!!!!!! Do it! Do it! Do it! I luv ya Jimmy...now sign, sign, sssssssssssssssssssssssign it!!!!!!

kshutts1
06-30-2015, 01:43 PM
YES!!!!!! Give Jimmy the phucking money! Bulls are doomed as a franchise if they lose him. Yes, yes, yes, they are. Give Jimmy his phucking money!!!!!!!

Now sign the phucking contract Jimmy!!!!!!!! Do it! Do it! Do it! I luv ya Jimmy...now sign, sign, sssssssssssssssssssssssign it!!!!!!
:biggums:
I share your view, but :biggums: that is a reaction, lol.

It is a smart offer by the Bulls. They're not gonna wait to match. They're telling Butler "We're interested. We WANT you here long term". Matching doesn't send that same message.

gts
06-30-2015, 01:45 PM
Nah . good move on giving him max first. Other teams will offer him max regardless

not really, the offer puts them right up against the luxury tax limit so the rest of the summer will be basically rearranging the dishes. they could have matched any offer and still maintained some cap flexibility by waiting to match.

KelticForce1349
06-30-2015, 01:49 PM
:biggums:
I share your view, but :biggums: that is a reaction, lol.

It is a smart offer by the Bulls. They're not gonna wait to match. They're telling Butler "We're interested. We WANT you here long term". Matching doesn't send that same message.

Agreed with the intent of offering him big money first.

Am I overreacting? Eh...not for me personally. I feel that the moves the front office makes this year (and how they do them) is going to define the franchise permanently.

The Bulls struck gold with Jimmy as a late pick and he has been everything we could ask for as fans. The Bulls continue to miss out on the biggest names in free agency and can not afford to lose the best players they draft.

With all due respect and appreciation for Derrick Rose, Jimmy Butler really is the future of this team.

Rooster
06-30-2015, 01:49 PM
not really, the offer puts them right up against the luxury tax limit so the rest of the summer will be basically rearranging the dishes. they could have matched any offer and still maintained some cap flexibility by waiting to match.

True but offering this contract means Bulls is sending him the rigt message. What if Butler signs a contract that has a player option after one year?

KelticForce1349
06-30-2015, 01:51 PM

Well...supposedly all of the Bulls problems were the coach. If that is actually true we don't need to change the roster. I think the only way we know the truth is to let these guys play but change the amount of minutes. Then we will know who really needs to move on.

PP34Deuce
06-30-2015, 01:51 PM
Agreed with the intent of offering him big money first.

Am I overreacting? Eh...not for me personally. I feel that the moves the front office makes (and how they do them) is going to define the franchise permanently.

The Bulls struck gold with Jimmy as a late pick and he has been everything we could ask for as fans. The Bulls continue to miss out on the biggest names in free agency and can not afford to lose the best players they draft.

With all due respect and appreciation for Derrick Rose, Jimmy Butler really is the future of this team.

A 25 year old two way player that is durable. A guy that can give you 18-20 PPG with rebounding and isn't a ball stopper. A guy who can who also elitely defend 1-3's while expending offensive energy.

he's definitely a max guy by that standard. If his 3 ball can improve a little more, you start seeing him pump fake and throwing dunks down.

Lebron23
06-30-2015, 01:52 PM
He's the Bulls best player last season. Good Contract, and I can see him putting up much better numbers next year.

KelticForce1349
06-30-2015, 01:54 PM
A 25 year old two way player that is durable. A guy that can give you 18-20 PPG with rebounding and isn't a ball stopper. A guy who can who also elitely defend 1-3's while expending offensive energy.

he's definitely a max guy by that standard. If his 3 ball can improve a little more, you start seeing him pump fake and throwing dunks down.

Thank you! :cheers:

gts
06-30-2015, 02:00 PM
True but offering this contract means Bulls is sending him the rigt message. What if Butler signs a contract that has a player option after one year?you can still show him the love without tying your hands, butler is a big boy, he knows it's a business and the bulls have to think about the big picture too...

matter of fact some (not me) might argue this offer actually gets Butler on the cheap with the cap exploding twice in the next two seasons and if they really wanted to show him love they'd have made it possible for him to maximize his earning... in 2 years this contract is going to be closer to high mid range value than it is to being a true max contract

wally_world
06-30-2015, 02:02 PM
That's good value. Under Thibs and his rotation he was making minimum wage per hour

coin24
06-30-2015, 02:02 PM
I guess it depends how badly he wants out of Chicago, risk staying another year until UFA and what if the worst case scenario happens and he gets injured, not taking the $90 million is a big fu*k up..
Or take the $ and stay.. Hard to turn that money down..

Ncrazyballa
06-30-2015, 02:04 PM
this is some kind of sick joke right? what a waste of money!!!. The bulls are anticipating this guy to be a consistent allstar maybe superstar?:lol

lets compare jimmy butler at age 25 to 25 year old dwyane wade.

butler 20 points 3.3 assists
wade 27.4 points 7.5 assists.

butler is going to make 16 mill next year?
wade made 4 million at 25 and the next year made 14 million

:roll:
wow, the bulls straight up overrated this guy.

Ncrazyballa
06-30-2015, 02:07 PM
the bulls have doomed themselves :roll: . hopefully another team can offer more.

Rooster
06-30-2015, 02:13 PM
you can still show him the love without tying your hands, butler is a big boy, he knows it's a business and the bulls have to think about the big picture too...

matter of fact some (not me) might argue this offer actually gets Butler on the cheap with the cap exploding twice in the next two seasons and if they really wanted to show him love they'd have made it possible for him to maximize his earning... in 2 years this contract is going to be closer to high mid range value than it is to being a true max contract

Nah I don't think Bulls has other higher priority at this point except keeping Butler. He's gonna get that money somewhere and Bulls will have to force to match it regardless. What's worse is if he really does not want to stay in Chicago and knowing they will match it and sign a contract with a player option after a year, Bulls would be left in precarious position.

gts
06-30-2015, 02:24 PM
Nah I don't think Bulls has other higher priority at this point except keeping Butler. He's gonna get that money somewhere and Bulls will have to force to match it regardless. What's worse is if he really does not want to stay in Chicago and knowing they will match it and sign a contract with a player option after a year, Bulls would be left in precarious position.

That door (precarious position) is already open with the one year contract they offered him too..

Would it shock you if Butler took the one year deal so he could maximize his long term earnings next summer? he'd lose 11-12 million this year but make it up easily with a new 5 year deal next summer where "max contract" will have a whole new meaning